PDA

View Full Version : Can we as a DU community do something for the DU'ers.....

aka:PBS
03-22-2010, 02:20 PM
newtothegame (1000+ posts) Mon Mar-22-10 01:06 PM
Original message
Can we as a DU community do something for the DU'ers who can't afford the now mandated insurance?
Advertisements [?]
Something besides just wish them good luck? Any ideas?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=389&topic_id=7985590&mesg_id=7985590

There are a few threads like this over in DUmmyland. Now that the DUmmies got what they wanted I think they are trying to figure out how they will afford the premiums.

Defiant1
03-22-2010, 02:32 PM
The mandate isn't until 2014. How many will be left by then? Aren't those without health insurance dying at an alarming rate?

Elspeth
03-22-2010, 02:58 PM
I have news for those brainless wonders over at the DUmp: most of THEM will not be able to afford insurance with this bill. Here is what the model for this plan is now doing in MA

"Take a look at the health care debacle in Massachusetts, a model for what we will get nationwide. One in six people there who have the mandated insurance say they cannot afford care, and tens of thousands of people have been evicted from the state program because of budget cuts. The 45,000 Americans who die each year because they cannot afford coverage will not be saved under the federal legislation. Half of all personal bankruptcies will still be caused by an inability to pay astronomical medical bills."

And this is from a far lefty source. Even the far left realizes that this is a crap plan.

Constitutionally Speaking
03-22-2010, 07:13 PM
I have news for those brainless wonders over at the DUmp: most of THEM will not be able to afford insurance with this bill. Here is what the model for this plan is now doing in MA

And this is from a far lefty source. Even the far left realizes that this is a crap plan.

But they will then use this failure as ANOTHER excuse to grow government. MORE regulations MORE taxes.

fettpett
03-22-2010, 07:51 PM

and one of the perfect reasons we don't need a RINO like Romney in the Whit House since HE'S the one that signed that POS into law in MA

FlaGator
03-22-2010, 08:30 PM
Sounds like the call to scam some cash from DUers have been issued.