PDA

View Full Version : The Stupak Vote

FlaGator
03-22-2010, 02:27 PM
Nothing really irritates me like people, particularly leaders, that cannot stand with their principles. The Stupak Twelve vote just rankles me the more I think about. He backed himself in to a corner and then waited for an opportunity to jump ship and still (at least he thinks) save face. So his fellow dems offer him a way out that isn't even worth the paper it will be printed on and he jumps on it thinking that he has fooled his constituency. Perhaps later on when the executive order doesn't stop a single dime from going to abortion he can claim he was fooled. The questions he'll have to answer are a) that if the voting public saw threw this then why didn't he and b) if he isn't smart enough to see through some lame attempt to get his vote then why is he in office. The only one fooled by this is Mr. Stupak.

Nubs
03-22-2010, 02:41 PM
I think he had the gun of a ethics committee investigation placed against his head. Meaty fingers Maddow and her bunch were climbing all over the C street angle. Additionally, a NOW member from Traverse City announce she was going to run against him in the primary. So, I think the executive order was only an effort to save Bart's face.

FlaGator
03-22-2010, 03:26 PM
I think he had the gun of a ethics committee investigation placed against his head. Meaty fingers Maddow and her bunch were climbing all over the C street angle. Additionally, a NOW member from Traverse City announce she was going to run against him in the primary. So, I think the executive order was only an effort to save Bart's face.

Which just goes to prove that he was more talk than action when it came to his principles. If he can be scared off by an ethics investigation means he probably isn't has ethical as he pretends to be.

noonwitch
03-23-2010, 02:30 PM

Yeah, but Traverse City is about 25,000 people in a district that covers a huge area, with mostly conservative voters. If Traverse City was the entire district, Stupak would have never won the dem primary in the first place, because he is far more conservative than most of the people who live in TC proper (although not out on the OMP where Grandpa lives).

They've got nothing to have the ethics committee investigate, as far as Stupak is concerned. There has never even been the hint of a scandal, other than a very sad family situation when his son committed suicide (he was taking the acne medication that has been linked to teen depression).

Nubs
03-23-2010, 02:40 PM
Yeah, but Traverse City is about 25,000 people in a district that covers a huge area, with mostly conservative voters. If Traverse City was the entire district, Stupak would have never won the dem primary in the first place, because he is far more conservative than most of the people who live in TC proper (although not out on the OMP where Grandpa lives).

They've got nothing to have the ethics committee investigate, as far as Stupak is concerned. There has never even been the hint of a scandal, other than a very sad family situation when his son committed suicide (he was taking the acne medication that has been linked to teen depression).

Yea I know TC is a conserative town. As for ethics, MSNBC and CREW are floating questions about subsidized rent in DC. There is nothing better to start a BS investigation prior and during a primary campaign to screw up your reelection. I know well about his son as I was living and working in Menominee when it happened. I had to give some of my employees the day off to go to the funeral.

Constitutionally Speaking
03-23-2010, 07:53 PM
Stupak is a jerk. My Father used to own a construction company and organized a charity flag football game with the Police in the small town where my father had his business. ( it was called the Pigs & freaks football game)

Stupak was one of those policemen - and I can remember Dad commenting on what a jerk he was.

noonwitch
03-24-2010, 12:55 PM
Stupak is a jerk. My Father used to own a construction company and organized a charity flag football game with the Police in the small town where my father had his business. ( it was called the Pigs & freaks football game)

Stupak was one of those policemen - and I can remember Dad commenting on what a jerk he was.

My dad always says things like that about Dick DeVos. My dad sold janitor supplies and one of his largest customers was Amway. What is Amway best known for making and selling?

They didn't even want to use their own products in their hotel.