PDA

View Full Version : Frijoles Borrachos, Drunken Beans !

megimoo
08-04-2008, 04:13 PM
8 ounces Chorizo Sausages in 1/2 inch pieces
1 Fine Chopped onion
4 cloves garlic minced fine
1 t dried oregano
1 t chili powder
1 pound pinto beans soaked overnight and drained
1 bottle dark beer Mex or Tex
5 c water
1 T brown sugar
2 t minced canned chipotle
chilies in Adoble sauce
salt
2 t fresh cilantro
1 t fresh lime juice

Cook sausages in a dutch oven until browned,about eight min.drain and remove to paper towel lined plate.
cook onions in sausage fat until softened,about five min.
stir in garlic,oregano and chilli powder.Cook until fragrant about 30 seconds.Add beans,beer and water.Bring to a simmer.Return heat to medium low and cook until the beans are just soft,about an hour.Stir in sugar and chipotle and 1t salt.Simmer until beans are completely tender about fifty minutes .Return sausages to pot and cook until sausages are tender about ten minutes. (If mixture is too thick add cold water).Stir in Cilantro and lime juice and add salt .

Lager
08-04-2008, 05:49 PM
That sounds pretty good. I think I'll try that. I've got some pintos in the cupboard and cilantro took over the herb garden this year so it's perfect. Any food that contains beer is alright with me.

DarkScribe
08-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Meg,

That REALLY sounds good....really...:)

SaintLouieWoman
08-04-2008, 11:25 PM
That sounds pretty good. I think I'll try that. I've got some pintos in the cupboard and cilantro took over the herb garden this year so it's perfect. Any food that contains beer is alright with me.

My cilantro sure didn't take over the herb pot. The rosemary, basil, oregano, thyme, parsley and mint are going wild. My cilantro plant died up and withered away.:(