PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Who does CU think will win in November?

Elspeth
08-04-2008, 04:40 PM
Do you all think McCain or Obama will win?

LogansPapa
08-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Only death will keep McCain from the White House.

Elspeth
08-04-2008, 05:50 PM
Only death will keep McCain from the White House.

Do you think the veep candidates will make any difference?

Goldwater
08-04-2008, 05:52 PM

Yes but they'd have to be pretty stupid or amazingly smart for them to change much.

megimoo
08-04-2008, 05:55 PM
Not unless its Dick Cheney and would I love to see that just for Chuckles and the massive eruptions from the left !

JB
08-04-2008, 06:44 PM
This poll is incomplete.

You left off:

The American Taxpayer
Teh Jooooooooosssss

Elspeth
08-04-2008, 06:45 PM
This poll is incomplete.

You left off:

The American Taxpayer
Teh Jooooooooosssss

I'm assuming the American taxpayer gets screwed either way, but maybe a little less with McCain. And your other answer, I have to say I just don't get the reference.:confused:

JB
08-04-2008, 06:58 PM
And your other answer, I have to say I just don't get the reference.:confused:Old inside CU joke.

PM Gingersnap for the details. :D

Troll
08-04-2008, 09:10 PM
I'm having a tough time calling this....or caring either way. I'm factoring race out of this, because as many morons will vote for Obama simply because he is black, I'm guessing that at least that many people will vote against him for the same reason.

On the one hand, I'm seeing lots of Obama bumper stickers, but that just shows that the Democrats are excited about their candidate where the Republicans are not.

On the other hand, Republican seats in Congress were lost in 2006, and I think they'll lose more in 2008. I think that 8 years of George Bush has pushed a lot of unaffiliated voters off the fence.

I do not want John McCain to be the next president. The only thing that would make voting for him worthwhile would be all the tears and tantrums from the Dems, but I learned in 2004 that the fun of that wears off in a week or two - then you have to live with the other guy.

I have to be honest - Obama is looking pretty good right now although I think that this drilling spat will hurt him. Part of me very much wants him to win. I think losing the White House and some more Congress seats might send a message to the GOP that we have had enough of this borrow-and-spend liberalism. There are thousands and thousands of unaffiliated voters in this country, and like it or not, the GOP needs us; their "party faithfuls" may not be able to cinch them the deal this time.

I call a tight race, no idea who the winner will be. :confused:

Gingersnap
08-04-2008, 09:27 PM
I voted for McCain. I don't like him and I don't believe he has the right policies for the things the average American is interested in: school choice, illegal immigration, small business, late term baby butchering, etc., but he's better than the opposition.

McCain is security conscious in some ways and he can add some good minds to the SC. That's it, really.

I think a number of people who claim to be Obama voters will vote their pocketbooks in the booth. It's so PC to support Obama that I believe some people are vocally just going along to get along. The exit polls may worthless. So much white guilt - so little left over for Global Poverty Taxes. ;)

SarasotaRepub
08-04-2008, 09:38 PM
All I know is Election night is gonna be a keeper!!! :D

Eyelids
08-04-2008, 09:56 PM
Obama is going to run away with this thing.

Eyelids
08-04-2008, 10:01 PM
All I know is Election night is gonna be a keeper!!! :D

No matter what happens there will be some funny lines uttered. If McCain wins every democrat in the country is going to pretty much throw in the towel. There will be some anger but it will end in complete apathy, its just not worth it. There will be a little support for McCain because most Democrats liked him before 2007, but if things don't get better expect him to villainized on the level of GWB.

If Obama wins there will be borderline violent reactions from the right, the same way after 8 years of Clinton Democrats couldn't really bear a Republican in the White House (this was aided by the Florida controversy). There will be a lot of Republicans treating Barack Obama the way Democrats treat Bush. The role reversal will be really fun to watch.

LibraryLady
08-04-2008, 10:21 PM
I doubt Zer-0 gets the nomination. The Dems are wising up to what a loser he is.

Zathras
08-04-2008, 11:34 PM

Really? Polling right now has them in a tie, within the margin of error. Just wait till the "Bradley Effect" kicks in on election day and you could see Obama losing by double digits.

ralph wiggum
08-05-2008, 12:02 AM
I voted for McCain. I don't like him and I don't believe he has the right policies for the things the average American is interested in: school choice, illegal immigration, small business, late term baby butchering, etc., but he's better than the opposition.

McCain is security conscious in some ways and he can add some good minds to the SC. That's it, really.

I think a number of people who claim to be Obama voters will vote their pocketbooks in the booth. It's so PC to support Obama that I believe some people are vocally just going along to get along. The exit polls may worthless. Some much white guilt - so little left over for Global Poverty Taxes. ;)

Bingo. I think some of the politically correct people will tell pollsters that they voted for B. Hussein Obama even when they didn't.

It's going to drive Truth-Is-All and the rest of the DUmmy conspiracy theorists bonkers, but all the more fun for us to watch. :D

Eyelids
08-05-2008, 12:42 AM
I doubt Zer-0 gets the nomination. The Dems are wising up to what a loser he is.

... the nomination? Have you been alive? He won the nomination months ago.

Eyelids
08-05-2008, 12:47 AM
Really? Polling right now has them in a tie, within the margin of error. Just wait till the "Bradley Effect" kicks in on election day and you could see Obama losing by double digits.

I thought polls meant nothing? Oh wait, thats only if you're losing... and it really doesnt look good for McCain either way:

http://bp1.blogger.com/_ov-pT1x-W8Y/SJd6b65RWGI/AAAAAAAACCM/jboLGj0juVY/S1600-R/0804_trend.PNG

http://bp2.blogger.com/_ov-pT1x-W8Y/SJd5lAC9MCI/AAAAAAAACBs/g4WxB2EDy-s/S1600-R/0804_mainchart.PNG

You cant use your canned response "POLLS R STUPID" because of the post I'm quoting, so my guess is you call me a gutless lying coward and be done with it. Thats what happens when I beat you, and I beat you a lot.

LibraryLady
08-05-2008, 01:09 AM

Really? When did the delegates vote?

You've never been to a National Political Convention have you?:D

OwlMBA
08-05-2008, 02:54 AM
As much as I dont want him to win, I think obama is a lock right now. McCain needs to really, really step it up or Obama is giong to run away with this. Not because he is the best man for the job, but because Americans are blind sheep desperate for a charismatic leader to take care of their irresponsible lives. Obama promises to cater to every whim of the masses while punishing the eeeeeeeeeevil rich. Dumb Americans seem to lap that message right up.

OwlMBA
08-05-2008, 02:56 AM
You cant use your canned response "POLLS R STUPID" because of the post I'm quoting, so my guess is you call me a gutless lying coward and be done with it. Thats what happens when I beat you, and I beat you a lot.

Are those the same polls that said kerry would win?

Just curious, aren't most polls conducted by calling people at home in the middle of the day during the week? And what type of person do you think is home during the middle of the week, answering their home phone? Ill give you a hint - LOSERS.

Eyelids
08-05-2008, 04:39 AM
Are those the same polls that said kerry would win?
No they aren't. Those polls were taken in 2004, and as any calender would clearly indicate we are in the year 2008 now.

megimoo
08-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Dream on joy boy.MC Cain ain't much but he is much better than your boy !

People are beginning to notice just what a liar this creep is !His biggest draw will be the PC crowd and just about all of the blacks.The usual dumb college kids and assorted Later day aging hippies.He will not get the majority of the white female vote or the white middle American male vote,

He will not get the Jewish or Latino vote.He will lose the Southern Vote and Midwestern vote.New York,Massachusetts and La La Land will no doubt go for his B.S. but he will be hurting for electoral votes.

The West Coast queers and Maoists will all go for him .All in all he will not do as well as Kerry and will lose bigtime but It will be because of so called racism by the usual suspects !

linda22003
08-05-2008, 10:01 AM

Ginger, what's your evidence that McCain is on the wrong side of what you call, colorfully, "late term baby butchering"?

LogansPapa
08-05-2008, 10:20 AM

Born: March 12, 1947

Willard Mitt Romney

Mormon-American businessman

I believe McCain’s choice will be critical.

PB2012
08-05-2008, 11:39 AM
As much as I dont want him to win, I think obama is a lock right now. McCain needs to really, really step it up or Obama is giong to run away with this. Not because he is the best man for the job, but because Americans are blind sheep desperate for a charismatic leader to take care of their irresponsible lives. Obama promises to cater to every whim of the masses while punishing the eeeeeeeeeevil rich. Dumb Americans seem to lap that message right up.

Wow, where have I seen this before?

A politician "promising" to do something...

Don't be surprised when he doesn't follow through.

Space Gravy
08-05-2008, 12:12 PM
I think Obama takes it. It's just cyclical.

Zathras
08-05-2008, 12:22 PM
You cant use your canned response "POLLS R STUPID" because of the post I'm quoting, so my guess is you call me a gutless lying coward and be done with it.

I've never said that "Polls R Stupid" - I use better english than that for one. What I've said is there's only one poll that counts. And I don't have to call you that anymore as everyone already knows what you are

Thats what happens when I beat you, and I beat you a lot.

Child, to beat me a lot you have to beat me the first time...which hasn't happened yet and never will. You're a braindead punk, plain and simple.

ReaganForRus
08-05-2008, 12:39 PM
Child, to beat me a lot you have to beat me the first time...which hasn't happened yet and never will. You're a braindead punk, plain and simple.

Zathras, eyesty is just a green, wet behind the ears, know nothing brat that wants to hold his breath until he turns blue to try to get attention. Like the general said " is Eyesty stuck on stupid?" ..............We all know the answer except Eyesty:D

lacarnut
08-05-2008, 01:07 PM
I've never said that "Polls R Stupid" - I use better english than that for one. What I've said is there's only one poll that counts. And I don't have to call you that anymore as everyone already knows what you are

I have pounded his ass into the ground so many times he will not even respond to my posts.

Getting back to the subject matter at hand; McCain is going to slaughter the Magic Negro. After PA & NJ declares McCain the victor on election night, the Dummiecrats can get their crying towels out. This election will not even be close; we will not have to worry about the lefties proclaiming that the election was stolen. The whining and gnashing of teeth by the liberal media will be a sight to behold.

PB2012
08-05-2008, 01:14 PM
The only thing the lefties can throw at us this year will be the race card.

LogansPapa
08-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Anyone who believes this will be a cake walk for the Republican candidate better have a half-white love-child waiting in the closet. Otherwise, you’re a moron.

Elspeth
08-05-2008, 02:50 PM
Anyone who believes this will be a cake walk for the Republican candidate better have a half-white love-child waiting in the closet. Otherwise, you’re a moron.

I'm with you on this. It is going to be a very hard-fought election on both sides. I see it coming down to the wire.

LibraryLady
08-05-2008, 02:59 PM

You've never been to a National Political Convention have you?:D

Hey, eyes, no answer?

There's a reason he's called "presumptive" although he's being called "presumptuous" more often!!

Eyelids
08-05-2008, 03:10 PM
By that logic John McCain isnt a slam-dunk as the Republican nominee. If you really want the argument turn into something this pathetic you can go ahead, but I wont take part in it.

To say Obama wont get the nomination is ludicrous.

Eyelids
08-05-2008, 03:13 PM

Haha, you have to pick: Do you think polls are good indicators or not? If not, why did you cite them to say McCain was tightening the race? I win. Again.

Name-calling, the last resort of the truely desperate.

LibraryLady
08-05-2008, 03:16 PM
By that logic John McCain isnt a slam-dunk as the Republican nominee. If you really want the argument turn into something this pathetic you can go ahead, but I wont take part in it.

To say Obama wont get the nomination is ludcrous.

McCain is also called "presumptive". Neither have received the nomination as you stated.

What in the world is ludcrous?

I am going to say this from the heart - you desperately need to take some classes in composition, history, and government if you are going to waltz out on the Internet and try to defend anyone.

By the way, there was a story on the news this morning about whether Hillary may still challenge Zer-0

Molon Labe
08-05-2008, 03:16 PM
No they aren't. Those polls were taken in 2004, and as any calender would clearly indicate we are in the year 2008 now.

I don't like to say I told you so...but I have noticed your Poll talking from several months ago has slowed.

Wise decision. Elections are the damndest crap shoots.

Eyelids
08-05-2008, 03:38 PM
I don't like to say I told you so...but I have noticed your Poll talking from several months ago has slowed.

Wise decision. Elections are the damndest crap shoots.

I still have my charts, but theres no point in posting them because you guys just ignore them all.

As for LibraryLady, I forgot the "i" in ludicrous. Oh the humanity.

Eyelids
08-05-2008, 03:39 PM
God if Obama wins I am going to rub it in all your faces so hard...

Lager
08-05-2008, 04:00 PM

I think I have to agree with you. I hope I am over estimating the numbers of Americans who look upon every type of contest as if it's "American Idol", but I'm seeing that level of mentality everywhere. Maybe it's not as bad outside of my environs, in the rest of the country, I hope it is not, but I fear that it is. Lately I've been seeing something along the lines of a "Being There" effect. For those who haven't seen the movie or read the book, you should. It describes a similar situation that mirrors the Obama/Messiah complex pretty closely.

LibraryLady
08-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Lager, you hit the nail on the head. Everyone should see that movie.

Chance the Gardener: As long as the roots are not severed, all is well. And all will be well in the garden.

President "Bobby": In the garden.

Chance the Gardener: Yes. In the garden, growth has it seasons. First comes spring and summer, but then we have fall and winter. And then we get spring and summer again.

President "Bobby": Spring and summer.

Chance the Gardener: Yes.

President "Bobby": Then fall and winter.

Chance the Gardener: Yes.

Benjamin Rand: I think what our insightful young friend is saying is that we welcome the inevitable seasons of nature, but we're upset by the seasons of our economy.

Chance the Gardener: Yes! There will be growth in the spring!

Benjamin Rand: Hmm!

Chance the Gardener: Hmm!

President "Bobby": Hm. Well, Mr. Gardner, I must admit that is one of the most refreshing and optimistic statements I've heard in a very, very long time.

[Benjamin Rand applauds]

President "Bobby": I admire your good, solid sense. That's precisely what we lack on Capitol Hill.

Lager
08-05-2008, 04:06 PM

That's very grown up of you..... but not surprising. Like your bretheren on DU, politics is tied in with your identity now. Of course you're more concerned that the person you associate with is winning, than whether or not they are good for the country. That's why Obama can change whatever position he feels like. As long as he doesn't change that "D" next to his name, it's all the same to you libs.

Zathras
08-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Haha, you have to pick: Do you think polls are good indicators or not? If not, why did you cite them to say McCain was tightening the race? I win. Again.

I didn't say that polls were good indicators or not. I said there is only one poll that truly counts, the one in November. And I'm just stating the facts that the recent polling has shown the race to be tied right now. You lose, again.

Name-calling, the last resort of the truely desperate.

Not name calling, just saying what you truly are....:D.

Zathras
08-05-2008, 04:11 PM

And if he loses you'll never be seen here again due to embarasment.

OwlMBA
08-05-2008, 05:09 PM
I have pounded his ass

:eek::eek:

:D

Molon Labe
08-05-2008, 05:38 PM

And he may....What good will it be for you if someone of his ilk "wins".

He wins because of this....

Mr. Obama's extraordinary dash to the forefront of American politics is less a measure of the man than of the hunger in white America for racial innocence"

Shelby Steele

You should read Steele. He'll make you think. ;)

OwlMBA
08-05-2008, 05:40 PM
"Obama gonna paint da white house black! Da only place dat mccain belongs is in a wheelchair"

-Ludacris

Boy, cant wait for that.

Molon Labe
08-05-2008, 05:42 PM

You are absolutely correct, but let's say some of us are skeptical as to a left wing minority being able to win a national election.

Molon Labe
08-05-2008, 05:44 PM
"Obama gonna paint da white house black! Da only place dat mccain belongs is in a wheelchair"

-Ludacris

Boy, cant wait for that.

Heard that last week. It's pretty rotten.

If I wanted to sell myself to the "majority"...that's not exactly the company I would be entertaining.

OwlMBA
08-05-2008, 05:44 PM
You are absolutely correct, but let's say some of us are skeptical as to a left wing minority being able to win a national election.

There are more Democrats than Republicans. The problem is that they dont vote. Often because they can't, often because it is raining, and often because they just are too lazy.

Elspeth
08-05-2008, 06:13 PM
There are more Democrats than Republicans. The problem is that they dont vote. Often because they can't, often because it is raining, and often because they just are too lazy.

I just read that Obama's campaign was hiring airplanes to get out the vote in Alaska. I wonder how much that is going to cost.

Speedy
08-05-2008, 08:18 PM
Even a couple of weeks ago, I was pretty much resigned to an Obama win. But lately he is hemmoraging support form all demographics. The bloom is steadily coming off of the rose. The support he is losing is support he is not going to get back. I really think he is done. I think that McCain will win 40 states.

Elspeth
08-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Even a couple of weeks ago, I was pretty much resigned to an Obama win. But lately he is hemmoraging support form all demographics. The bloom is steadily coming off of the rose. The support he is losing is support he is not going to get back. I really think he is done. I think that McCain will win 40 states.

A lot will depend on how McCain can capitalize on it.

JB
08-07-2008, 01:30 AM
Originally Posted by Eyelids

You've never been to a National Political Convention have you?:DKick.........

ralph wiggum
08-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Kick.........

Are you trying to kick Eyelids or the thread or both? :D

LibraryLady
08-07-2008, 11:14 AM
Or is he kicking me?:D

Elspeth
08-07-2008, 11:50 PM
Or is he kicking me?:D

Do you all just kick each other around here?:eek:

LibraryLady
08-07-2008, 11:55 PM
Do you all just kick each other around here?:eek:

Yeah, we call it CU soccer.:D

xavierob82
08-08-2008, 09:42 AM
Looking at the electoral map, it will be alot more difficult--if not downright impossible--for McCain to reach the magic number of 270, than it will be for Obama.

So I say the edge is defintley Obama's in November. If Obama picks Evan Bayh as his running mate and manages to take Indiana due to Bayh's immense popularity, then Obama will walk away with this election. Also, Bayh will help Obama in Ohio, where he is already leading. There is no way McCain makes up for the loss.

It's looking more apparent everyday that Obama will win Colorado. If he does that, he won't even need OH, MO, or Florida.

So where will McCain get 270 electoral votes? He has the same problem Kerry had in 2004: an uphill fight for the magic number.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/

Eyelids
08-08-2008, 01:53 PM
According to lacarnut it will be NY, NJ and PA. LOL.