PDA

View Full Version : my teabagger high school classmate is telling me Rush never said he was moving to

Carol
03-23-2010, 08:52 PM
link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8000907)

LaydeeBug Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Original message
my teabagger high school classmate is telling me Rush never said he was

moving to Costa Rica. I don't listen to that loon, soo... is there anyone out there who heard pigboy say this shite?

rfranklin Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Response to Original message
2. google is your friend....

During his program, Limbaugh, 59, said: “If this passes, and it’s five years from now and all that stuff gets implemented -- I am leaving the country. I’ll go to Costa Rica.”

The next day, he clarified that he wouldn’t move, just seek care at a private clinic there that caters to medical tourists. Still, the comments showcased the country’s state-run system, said Lawrence Jacobs, political science director at the Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-03-16/limbaugh-s-costa-rican-jaunt-would-be-plug-for-social-medicine.html

It goes on to say --
One problem: Costa Rica’s private clinics, usually staffed with American doctors or U.S.-trained physicians, focus on plastic surgery or other specialized procedures, said Anderson......

Limbaugh has a history of health problems, from weight, to hearing loss, to painkiller issues. In December, he was hospitalized in Hawaii after chest pains.

Options for treating these conditions are limited without joining Costa Rica’s socialized health system, said Daniel Salas, a health ministry spokesman.

Private health insurance is “virtually non-existent,” according to the 2008 American Journal of Public Health study.They are clueless. Do they really think Rush plans to use private health insurance when/if he goes there? He will most likely pay in cash.

tom_paine (1000+ posts)
Response to Reply #5
6. Like the Nazis before them, Teabaggers and other RW Authoritarians make their own reality

Edited on Tue Mar-23-10 08:41 PM by tom_paine
That video & audiotape is merely Liberal or Jewish propaganda (depending on whether you are talking to a Teabagger or old-fashion old-school Nazi)

LaydeeBug Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Response to Original message
8. Here is what he said...

that's not quite what he said. He responded to a caller after the previous caller talked about her health insurance company planning on creating a private insurance plan for some who could come to Costa Rica for their procedures. The flight and stay included in their premiums paid. When the second caller ask Rush what he was going to do if the bill passed, he said tongue n cheek going to Costa Rica for his healthcare. Context always makes the perceived irony less relevent to the point being presented. Otherwise, it would be funny.:eek:Wow, a DUer who is actually willing to look something up when liberals have been lying to her, and actually "see" the truth.

FlaGator
03-23-2010, 09:03 PM
link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8000907)

It goes on to say --They are clueless. Do they really think Rush plans to use private health insurance when/if he goes there? He will most likely pay in cash.

:eek:Wow, a DUer who is actually willing to look something up when liberals have been lying to her, and actually "see" the truth.

And how many DUers stated that they were leaving the country if Bush was still in office in 2005? They're still here.

Dan D. Doty
03-23-2010, 09:14 PM
And how many DUers stated that they were leaving the country if Bush was still in office in 2005? They're still here.

Who could forget :rolleyes:

And not one of those jerkazoids took a step towards the door.

Rockntractor
03-23-2010, 09:21 PM
what gets under my skin is that there are lots of places for liberals to go, as far as conservatives this is it, we are losing our last refuge. They are backing us into a corner and I only back so far.

noonwitch
03-24-2010, 12:36 PM
what gets under my skin is that there are lots of places for liberals to go, as far as conservatives this is it, we are losing our last refuge. They are backing us into a corner and I only back so far.

There's always Israel and El Salvador. I think both are pretty friendly to conservatives, but I don't know if a non-jewish american can get citizenship in Israel, plus, pig farming is probably not the most profitable business there.

Unfortunately for conservatives, apartheid in South Africa no longer exists, so that's no refuge. And Pinochet was deposed and is now dead, so Chile isn't a conservative option, either (earthquake-related issues aside). Pig farming is big in South America, though.

Elspeth
03-24-2010, 01:46 PM
Who could forget :rolleyes:

And not one of those jerkazoids took a step towards the door.

Maybe you should put up a poll and see how many moved to Canada. Got a sock puppet? I don't. I've been permanently banned by ISP. :(