PDA

View Full Version : DUmmies argue epicly over Constitution

djones520
03-23-2010, 11:48 PM
A huge thread regarding the constitutionality of the HCR bill. Statistical puts up a hell of a good fight, but the head in the sand brigade continues on undaunted.

still_one (1000+ posts) Mon Mar-22-10 11:00 AM
Original message
So 9 states are going to challenge the HCR legislation saying it is unConstitutional. Aren't they
also saying that Social Security and Medicare are also unConstitutional?

It's incredibly long, so you'll have to go over and read it yourself.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7984128#7985199

NJCardFan
03-24-2010, 12:10 AM
To answer the quoted question: yes. Any government entitlement program is unconstitutional but this HCR takes the prize.

PoliCon
03-24-2010, 06:07 AM
according to the White House - they're going to use interstate commerce to justify this reform. Interesting since I'm not allowed to buy insurance across state lines - and I don't cross state lines to see my doctor . . . .:rolleyes:

Sonnabend
03-24-2010, 06:46 AM
So 9 states are going to challenge the HCR legislation saying it is unConstitutional

..and more to follow.

marv
03-24-2010, 07:43 AM
Now that hussein has signed the law, it seems that at least a few DUmmies are begining to understand just who they voted for. They should have read the Constitution first!

The saddest four words in the English language are "It's too late now".

NJCardFan
03-24-2010, 09:47 AM
Funny thing though. There is an old axiom about being aware of wolves in sheep's clothing but everything that is being done, Obama said he was going to do during his campaign. The difference is, conservatives saw it for what it is. Liberals latched on to the hope and change nonsense. It's like in the Left Behind book series. The first book had the rapture when all believers were snatched up to Heaven. The rest were left behind to face the tribulations. Some people ended up being saved and became the soldiers who fought the anti-Christ. The rest bought into the anti-Christ's bullshit. Preaching peace and harmony even though war and destruction was going on around him. In the end at the Judgment, the non-believers who accepted the mark of the beast, and even the anti-Christ himself and his false prophet all begged forgiveness but Christ told them it was too late and sent them to H-E-double hockey sticks.

Sorry for the ramble but you get my point.

Megaguns91
03-24-2010, 10:11 AM
Funny thing though. There is an old axiom about being aware of wolves in sheep's clothing but everything that is being done, Obama said he was going to do during his campaign. The difference is, conservatives saw it for what it is. Liberals latched on to the hope and change nonsense. It's like in the Left Behind book series. The first book had the rapture when all believers were snatched up to Heaven. The rest were left behind to face the tribulations. Some people ended up being saved and became the soldiers who fought the anti-Christ. The rest bought into the anti-Christ's bullshit. Preaching peace and harmony even though war and destruction was going on around him. In the end at the Judgment, the non-believers who accepted the mark of the beast, and even the anti-Christ himself and his false prophet all begged forgiveness but Christ told them it was too late and sent them to H-E-double hockey sticks.

Sorry for the ramble but you get my point.

Love that book.
Sometimes it seems like there's quite a bit of similarities between the plot of it and what's happening currently in America.