PDA

View Full Version : James Cameron: 'glenn beck is a f*****g a**hole'.

SarasotaRepub
03-24-2010, 06:19 AM
Heh...our old buddy mopaul. (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8004125)

Philosoraptor http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/donor.gif (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-24-10 07:06 AM
Original messageJames Cameron: 'glenn beck is a f*****g a**hole'.

Edited on Wed Mar-24-10 07:08 AM by Philosoraptor
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/new... (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3id51767e5e16b09797270e439dedbbcd6)

"Avatar" director James Cameron lashed out at Glenn Beck at a press conference Tuesday, offering to debate the Fox News personality on environmental and political issues.

Asked what he thought about Beck during a junket appearance in support of the "Avatar" home-video release, Cameron said: "Glenn Beck is a fucking asshole. I've met him. He called me the anti-Christ and not about 'Avatar.' He hadn't even seen 'Avatar' yet. I don't know if he has seen it."

Cameron was apparently referring to Beck's reaction to his 2007 documentary, "The Lost Tomb of Jesus," which casts doubt on the resurrection of Jesus Christ and makes the case that the ancient "Tomb of the Ten Ossuaries" belonged to Jesus' family.

After blasting Beck, Cameron, surrounded by journalists inside a West Hollywood hillside mansion, seemed to reconsider: "I think, you know what, he may or may not be an asshole, but he certainly is dangerous, and I'd love to have a dialogue with him."

Brandy new when I found it. :D

djones520
03-24-2010, 06:59 AM
I hope Beck takes him up on the offer. He'd tear him a new asshole.

movie buff
03-24-2010, 07:14 AM
James Cameron probably couldn't hold his own in a debate with a chimpanzee, let alone with with a relatively knowledgeable (I don't watch him, but he seems to have a big fanbase) political commentator.
Just a month or two ago, when Cameron was being interviewed about Avatar, the interviewer pointed out that the movie is seen as basically glamorizing ecoterrorism. Cameron responded to this by saying something along the lines of "Cool, I love ecoterrorism."
I wonder if he'd feel the same way if those dope- addled freaks torched his fleet of gas- guzzling cars, as they are known to do?

NJCardFan
03-24-2010, 09:36 AM
I hope Beck takes him up on the offer. He'd tear him a new asshole.

I would pay money to see this. Seriously.

Dan D. Doty
03-24-2010, 11:16 AM
I would pay money to see this. Seriously.

I would too :D

SaintLouieWoman
03-24-2010, 12:23 PM
James Cameron probably couldn't hold his own in a debate with a chimpanzee, let alone with with a relatively knowledgeable (I don't watch him, but he seems to have a big fanbase) political commentator.
Just a month or two ago, when Cameron was being interviewed about Avatar, the interviewer pointed out that the movie is seen as basically glamorizing ecoterrorism. Cameron responded to this by saying something along the lines of "Cool, I love ecoterrorism."
I wonder if he'd feel the same way if those dope- addled freaks torched his fleet of gas- guzzling cars, as they are known to do?

Just another Hollywood lib who thinks he's a world authority on everything. I probably will be one of the few people on the planet who hasn't seem Avatar, but think I'll survive very nicely without the experience. I don't like financing in any slight way folks like him.

Dan D. Doty
03-24-2010, 01:28 PM
How about this instead; debate between me and MoPaul.

Elspeth
03-24-2010, 01:44 PM
How about this instead; debate between me and MoPaul.

Uh....

When it this Beck vs Avatar debate on?:D

movie buff
03-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Just another Hollywood lib who thinks he's a world authority on everything. I probably will be one of the few people on the planet who hasn't seem Avatar, but think I'll survive very nicely without the experience. I don't like financing in any slight way folks like him.

You're not missing a thing. Basically, take the plots of Dances with Wolves, Pocahontas, Ferngully, and about a dozen other GOOD movies, mix them all together, throw in a blatant promotion of neo- pagan earth worship and ample amounts of hatemongering against the US military, add some flashy visuals, and stretch it out to a runtime of over 3 hours, and presto: You've got Avatar.

Elspeth
03-24-2010, 02:47 PM
You're not missing a thing. Basically, take the plots of Dances with Wolves, Pocahontas, Ferngully, and about a dozen other GOOD movies, mix them all together, throw in a blatant promotion of neo- pagan earth worship and ample amounts of hatemongering against the US military, add some flashy visuals, and stretch it out to a runtime of over 3 hours, and presto: You've got Avatar.

Hardly seems worth the 500 million dollars that it took to make.

3rd-try
03-24-2010, 07:48 PM
(I don't watch him, but he seems to have a big fanbase)

Unlike some, Beck is pretty sharp on US history. One can often learn some things by listening to him. It's rarely just hours of ranting. His use of verifiable historical references is one of the things that drives the left ape shit. Truth hurts more when it can't be easily discounted.