PDA

View Full Version : There are clever traps in the HC bill...

marv
03-24-2010, 09:51 AM
...so all you lawyers chime in here.

This is just one; from Hot Air...
http://hotair.com/archives/2010/03/23/conyers-o-care-is-constitutional-because-of-the-good-and-welfare-clause/

president hussein said, during his campaign, that the Constitution is TOO RESTRICTIVE. One way to ease restrictions on the Federal government is to continually expand the Commerce Clause. After all, what is it that you do, think, hear, say, buy, or sell that can't eventually be construed to involve the "progressive" concept of interstate commerce?

Read the Hot Air link and comment....

There are others, like the student loan programs migrating to Federal control.

Be afraid, very afraid!

linda22003
03-24-2010, 09:54 AM
Instead of reading things about the bill, why not read the bill?

namvet
03-24-2010, 11:16 AM
Instead of reading things about the bill, why not read the bill?

you'll need 10 philly lawyers to explain it !!!!

linda22003
03-24-2010, 11:18 AM
Not from what I have read of it. I read the whole thing last summer, but that was last summer's version. There's some bureaucratese, but it's not impenetrable.

fettpett
03-24-2010, 07:43 PM
Not from what I have read of it. I read the whole thing last summer, but that was last summer's version. There's some bureaucratese, but it's not impenetrable.

true, but who really wants to read 2700 pages of bullshit? plus i think the OP's point was what the Obassiah's way around the Constitution not the bill it's self

linda22003
03-25-2010, 08:07 AM
true, but who really wants to read 2700 pages of bullshit?

If you're too lazy to be an informed citizen, I don't know how to help you.

fettpett
03-25-2010, 09:14 AM
If you're too lazy to be an informed citizen, I don't know how to help you.

true, but how many people read a 2 paragraph article let alone 2700page pos?

namvet
03-25-2010, 09:18 AM
read Mein Kampf. their both the same

marv
03-25-2010, 09:42 AM
I agree. It's not impenetrable. More citizens than representatives and senators have read it. And that's why it passed despite public outcrys against it.

Is it any wonder that Pelosi said that it has to pass BEFORE we can see what's in it? She knew what was in it, but she had to plead ignorance!