PDA

View Full Version : Man Murdered During Wiccan Celebration of Spring?

bijou
03-25-2010, 07:11 AM
A woman who claims she was going to perform a Wiccan celebration of spring is accused of using a ritualistic dagger to kill a man she invited to the ceremony.
Police are investigating witchcraft as a possible motive for the murder.

The victim, Joel Leyva, was found with 13 stab wounds. The suspect, Angela Sanford, was found by police at the murder scene in her underwear. Sanford, 30, appeared in an Albuquerque, N.M., court today and pleaded not guiltyy.

"Sanford is currently facing a single count of murder and she's being held on $500,000 bond," Pat Davis of the Albuquerque District Attorney's office said today to ABC News.

According to Sanford's statement to police, she had met Leyva, 52, a few days prior to the Monday attack. She invited him to join her because she was "going up to the mountains to celebrate Beltane," the police statement said.
link (http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/woman-killed-man-wiccan-ceremony/story?id=10189985)

Stay away from impromptu celebrations of Beltane people. :eek:

noonwitch
03-25-2010, 08:20 AM
1. It's not Beltane yet, that occurs on the night of April 30.

2. Beltane is a fertility rite, not a sacrificial one. It's supposed to be about wild, hot sex, not murder. In a religion that takes as much from the fiction writing of Marion Zimmer Bradley as it does from any real history, that's not exactly a secret. If I read the Jack Chick tract left in my mailbox one Halloween correctly, Halloween is the witches sacrificial holiday, although no wiccans I ever knew practiced any kind of animal or human sacrifice at any time.

Gingersnap
03-25-2010, 08:45 AM
From the perp pix, I'd say that she wasn't much of a fertility goddess type, either.

FlaGator
03-25-2010, 08:49 AM
They said the magic phrase that explains everything: "They met up on the trail and started drinking."

Rockntractor
03-25-2010, 08:52 AM
You have to break a few eggs to make an omelet!

NJCardFan
03-25-2010, 11:17 AM
From the perp pix, I'd say that she wasn't much of a fertility goddess type, either.

What's wrong with her? Aside from needing a little make-up I don't think she's ugly. Twisted and demented but not ugly.

Megaguns91
03-25-2010, 12:10 PM
What's wrong with her? Aside from needing a little make-up I don't think she's ugly. Twisted and demented but not ugly.

She's fugly.

Sorry. :rolleyes:

Gingersnap
03-25-2010, 12:10 PM

I didn't say she was ugly but if I met a stand-in goddess on a hiking trail, I'd expect her to look a little more goddess-like.

Of course, I'm not a sexually desperate guy, either. :D

FlaGator
03-25-2010, 12:28 PM
I didn't say she was ugly but if I met a stand-in goddess on a hiking trail, I'd expect her to look a little more goddess-like.

Of course, I'm not a sexually desperate guy, either. :D

Beer goggles.

bijou
03-25-2010, 12:36 PM
1. It's not Beltane yet, that occurs on the night of April 30.

2. Beltane is a fertility rite, not a sacrificial one. It's supposed to be about wild, hot sex, not murder. In a religion that takes as much from the fiction writing of Marion Zimmer Bradley as it does from any real history, that's not exactly a secret. If I read the Jack Chick tract left in my mailbox one Halloween correctly, Halloween is the witches sacrificial holiday, although no wiccans I ever knew practiced any kind of animal or human sacrifice at any time.
It seems that he thought he would be getting wild hot sex, it's just that he ran into an ill-informed Wiccan.