PDA

View Full Version : Hate the Westboro Baptist Church?

Aprilrazz
03-25-2010, 05:05 PM
Fight them back like this guy did!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7Of_2ykZpQ&feature=channel
For those who cannot watch the video or if I completely messed up in posting this here is what he did.
He set up a table across from where they were picketing and started accepting donations for different charities. The ones that WBC really hate. Then he sent those donations to the charities in honor of the WBC and gave the people who donated community thank you cards to fill out to mail to the WBC.
I am thinking of doing the same thing here in Hampton Roads and gathering donations for military charities.
Please pass the word about this young mans outstanding idea and work. If even some of us do this then we can at lest turn the negative publicity that the WBC gets into something positive.

fettpett
03-25-2010, 05:39 PM
haha, got this off the wiki page on the Catholic chruch:

Westboro claims that the Roman Catholic Church is a "fag" church and that a third of Catholic priests are active homosexuals, seducing helpless children and women[

but maybe we should do that outside DNC HQ, Planed Parenthood, ACORN offices, PMSNBC, Commie News Network, Pelosi's office, etc...sure would be funny to see how much money was raised

Speedy
03-25-2010, 05:55 PM
I'm sure Acorn would love having donations in their taken for Conservative candidates.

NJCardFan
03-25-2010, 11:07 PM
WBC should be ignored. That's how you make idiots like these go away. Nothing would make me happier than to hear their leader got caught in a Larry Craig moment.

PoliCon
03-25-2010, 11:19 PM
Dude has issues. He can't look at the camera . . . . But he did come up with a great way to fight the WBC.

noonwitch
03-26-2010, 07:48 AM
Dude has issues. He can't look at the camera . . . . But he did come up with a great way to fight the WBC.

I clicked on the video expecting a guy in a hockey mask to be chasing actors pretending to be the WBC folks.

It is a great way to be positive about something really ugly.

wilbur
03-26-2010, 09:08 AM
I do have to wonder sometimes.... had they not actually gone after the military and other sacred cows, how many here would actually have little problem with their message?

Gingersnap
03-26-2010, 09:28 AM
I do have to wonder sometimes.... had they not actually gone after the military and other sacred cows, how many here would actually have little problem with their message?

Pretty much everybody here who bothered to read their literature. :cool:

FlaGator
03-26-2010, 09:45 AM

Ditto.

ralph wiggum
03-26-2010, 11:27 AM
Ditto.

Double ditto. They're a pathetic group of so-called Christians.

PoliCon
03-26-2010, 11:42 AM

I would for one.

fettpett
03-26-2010, 08:20 PM
um....hate filled, bigots, yep just what Chrisitanity is all about

dumbshit

enslaved1
03-26-2010, 08:42 PM

Don't need to read the literature. Their actions (harassing mourners, proclaiming God hates anything but sin) are so ridiculously unChristian it's psychotic. Even on the highly debatable notion that US losses in the Middle East theater of operations are somehow judgment for our sinful culture, no definition of love has you harassing family and friends who are putting a loved one to rest.

Course it's amazing that to the left, this small group of idiots represents Christianity as a whole, but more people proclaiming Allah as God blow themselves up in a month than are part of the WBC.....just sayin, feel free to comment lurkers. :P

Gingersnap
03-26-2010, 09:15 PM
wilbur just automatically assumes that we'd be out there torching witches and stoning gays if all the atheists and agnostics thought it was culturally acceptable. :rolleyes:

Elspeth
03-26-2010, 09:23 PM
Bad Christians make all Christians look bad. The sooner that WBC becomes a toothless coffee klatch the better.

Gingersnap
03-26-2010, 09:27 PM
Bad Christians make all Christians look bad.

LOL! Absolutely true. Bad atheists don't seem to make people question the morals and inclinations of all atheists, however. ;)

fettpett
03-26-2010, 09:28 PM
maybe some "bad electrical" work can be done to the chruch the day after thier insruance policy gets canceled....

Elspeth
03-26-2010, 09:30 PM
LOL! Absolutely true. Bad atheists don't seem to make people question the morals and inclinations of all atheists, however. ;)

Yeah, but try running for President as an atheist. All politicians pretend to be God-fearing, even when they're just lobbyist-fearing.

Sonnabend
03-26-2010, 11:58 PM
First wilbur, the military is not a "sacred cow", mind you I can see you as one who would be spitting on troops and calling them "baby killer" (It's about your speed)

Secondly, we Aussies know how to deal with these morons.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7iXbWsO4ik

Kay
03-27-2010, 01:00 AM
That was a good one Sonnabend.
Harassing the harassers - I love it.

wilbur
03-27-2010, 09:04 AM
wilbur just automatically assumes that we'd be out there torching witches and stoning gays if all the atheists and agnostics thought it was culturally acceptable. :rolleyes:

You do actually read the posts here, don't you?

One could easily see a reluctant sort of acceptance for the likes of the WBC. Maybe not completely approving, but the blame would be placed on the homosexuals, for sure. Sort of like the loons are blaming the lesbian teenager for having the gall to want to go to prom, or sort of like many Muslims (and even some Christians) like to blame the rape victim for getting raped. Sure the WBP might go a little too far, but they would understand, and they would be the poor victims of a society that tolerates homosexuality. The WBC would be the victim, the targets of their sympathy. And of course, the solution would be to stop tolerating homosexuality, not to stop tolerating the WBC.

Rockntractor
03-27-2010, 09:08 AM
You do actually read the posts here, don't you?

One could easily see a reluctant sort of acceptance for the likes of the WBC. Maybe not completely approving, but the blame would be placed on the homosexuals, for sure. Sort of like the loons are blaming the lesbian teenager for having the gall to want to go to prom, or sort of like many Muslims (and even some Christians) like to blame the rape victim for getting raped. Sure the WBP might go a little too far, but they would understand, and it would be the natural result of a society that tolerates homosexuality. The WBC would be the victim, and the target of sympathy. And of course, the solution would be to stop tolerating homosexuality, not to stop tolerating the WBC.

Do you ever get tired of it being dark and damp and everything smelling like shit?:rolleyes:

Somebody quote this so the little bitch has to read it.

wilbur
03-27-2010, 09:13 AM

While you do display some good sense on some issues, the mistake you seem to make over and over again is assuming the rest of your peer group does the same. You are the anomaly in my experience, not the norm.

Sonnabend
03-27-2010, 09:39 AM
One could easily see a reluctant sort of acceptance for the likes of the WBC. Maybe not completely approving, but the blame would be placed on the homosexuals, for sureI have no problem with gay people.

The agenda is what sticks in my craw, and I have worked with a lot of gay men and women over the years who are also sick and tired of the "gay agenda"...from their POV, it makes them different and separate...when the issue they strive for is acceptance.

No one here likes, approves of or agrees with the Westboro Church. What they do and say is vile and disgusting and a perversion of the Christian faith. They are extremists and nutters.

Sort of like the loons are blaming the lesbian teenager for having the gall to want to go to promNo she wanted to take her gay partner, and the school said no. She did not do it for any other reason than to rub her being gay in other peoples faces. Militants usually wind up hurting the case they espouse by their own determination to ram their ideals down other peoples throats, whether they like it or not.

A lot like you and this AGW garbage which you persist in bothering us with...you remain here to try and "educate us" when in fact all YOU are doing is shoving your beliefs down our throats regardless of whether we want to hear them or not. You are an egotist and obnoxious to a fare thee well.

Night Owl is another example of an obnoxious weed that persists in attacking the faith of others to "prove his point" What I believe or why is none of your fucking business. That I do believe is again none of your concern..and trust me, wanker, you will never change my mind or "educate me" to your point of view. So shut it, because I am not listening.

I also notice that you studiously ignored the very real example I placed before you..Piss Christ vs the Mohammed Cartoons? One of them caused 102 deaths worldwide, one did not...yet every time you are confronted with the stark and real truth of Islamic violence, you turn away and refuse to see.

Like any useless, troop spitting liberal (and yes, I would not put that past you, seeing your slurs on the US military), you do not have an open mind and are not receptive to anything that contradicts your narrow, one track mind. If we Christians are that bad, why is it that this

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/10/14/article-0-051C83A50000044D-668_468x463.jpg

resulted in massive concert sales and a few letters to the editor

whereas this

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_RwdH5DTKRas/SoTX_W4jCaI/AAAAAAAAB2o/J3425GiRaSE/s400/mohammed%2520cartoon%2520danish-thumb.jpg

resulted in this?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_j699wNk0TOg/R7Rm6c0X9qI/AAAAAAAAAXU/9l7BWkRcKOo/s400/carbacue.jpeg

and 102 dead?

Oh and putting someone on ignore is the act of a coward and a fool, you'd rather not read what he says rather than reply to it like an adult...a lot like FuckerMe, who apparently is a veteran (or claims to be) but doesnt actually have the stones to confront me directly.

Why is that, I wonder?

or sort of like many Muslims (and even some Christians) like to blame the rape victim for getting raped.I know of very few if any Christians who blame a woman for being raped, as opposed to Muslims who murder their wives or daughters in the name of "honour killings"

Name me any Christian family that has committed an "honour killing".

ST. JOHN'S, N.L. -- A 14-year-old female rape victim is strangled to death in March 2004 by her father and brother because she has supposedly tarnished the family name.

In April 2004, a man brutally kills his wife and daughter after finding out that his brother had previously molested them.

A teenage girl with a Turkish background has her throat cut by her father after he learns she has a Christian boyfriend.

All three cases -- taken from a study by Memorial University psychiatry professor Dr. Amin Muhammad and resident Sujay Patel -- involve unspeakable acts against females. And all were considered appropriate by the killers based on long-standing tradition and cultural beliefs.
Sure the WBC might go a little too far, but they would understand, and they would be the poor victims of a society that tolerates homosexuality. On the one hand you have their stridency, the other side the US First Amendment..

"I disagree vehemently with what you say, but will defend to the death the right to say it"

The WBC would be the victim, the targets of their sympathy. And of course, the solution would be to stop tolerating homosexuality, not to stop tolerating the WBTolerance for both is necessary in a free society. I have met and worked with gays who have an "agenda", others who see those with the "agenda" as part of the problem , not part of the solution.

You and they are the same....all you ever do is create problems for other people...that so called "tolerance" you preach doesn't seem to extend to the basic respect you should have for the faiths of others.

Why is that?

Care to comment?

Zathras
03-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Do you ever get tired of it being dark and damp and everything smelling like shit?:rolleyes:

Somebody quote this so the little bitch has to read it.

As requested.

lurkalot
03-27-2010, 04:10 PM
I recently read an article that the son of the westboro church leader has become an athiest in total disgust from his father's life.

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=2703846

FlaGator
03-27-2010, 04:23 PM
While you do display some good sense on some issues, the mistake you seem to make over and over again is assuming the rest of your peer group does the same. You are the anomaly in my experience, not the norm.

wilbur, we understand the rest of our peer group a lot better than you do.

Sonnabend
03-27-2010, 07:18 PM
Note that he hasnt read or replied to a single point I have made. As usual.

wilbur
03-27-2010, 09:44 PM
Note that he hasnt read or replied to a single point I have made. As usual.

Good grief you are impatient little ankle biter, arent you? WTF do you expect when you post a scattershot rant, covering everything from AGW, to Madonna?

Sonnabend
03-27-2010, 09:53 PM
Good grief you are impatient little ankle biter, arent you? WTF do you expect when you post a scattershot rant, covering everything from AGW, to Madonna?

I addressed the same point I raised last time, and you ignored it them as well. Read what I wrote and answer me, point by point.

Particularly this

.that so called "tolerance" you preach doesn't seem to extend to the basic respect you should have for the faiths of others.

wilbur
03-27-2010, 10:03 PM
Its really hard to know where to begin - perhaps, the most unfounded and idiotic thing you said in your post, bears comment first - that I have slurred the military. A complete lie, and one that demands an apology from you, post haste. I suggest you look up the term "sacred cow" before you start considering it an insult to the military - because its not - it simply describes the undercurrent of idolatry for the institution, on the part of many. Your overreaction, in a rather ironic way, kind of proves my point there. So I'm waiting for your apology.

And btw... given the amount of times you have gone crying to mods about me and others, getting temp bans dolled out, its a little rich that you call ME the coward. Please.

Sonnabend
03-27-2010, 10:11 PM
Its really hard to know where to begin - perhaps, the most unfounded and idiotic thing you said in your post, bears comment first - that I have slurred the military

Referring to the military as a "sacred cow" isnt a slur? I see it as one.

A complete lie, and one that demands an apology from you, post haste.

I'll see that you get one on the Greek Kalends.

I suggest you look up the term "sacred cow" before you start considering it an insult to the military - because its not - it describes the the undercurrent of idolatry for the institution, on the part of many.

1. Worship of idols.2. Blind or excessive devotion to something.

Respect and appreciation of the sacrifice of the military is idolatry? Was it not one of your own people who used the words "Last great measure of devotion"? Idolatry refers to worship of false idols or "pagan gods"...last night I had the privilege to talk to a US Marine living two doors from me, whose father served, and his father before him..a tradition of service to one's country in defence of the freedom we enjoy.

My definition of you stands.

Your overreaction, in a rather ironic way, kind of proves my point there. So I'm waiting for your apology.

You will be waiting a long, long time. Decades.

And btw... given the amount of times you have gone crying to mods about me and others, getting temp bans dolled out, its a little rich that you call ME the coward. Please.

Putting someone on ignore is cowardice.

BTW I have never had "temp bans dolled out"...the only one with the ban hammer is SR and HE, and he alone decides whether or not one is warranted.

Now you owe ME an apology.

wilbur
03-27-2010, 10:13 PM
.that so called "tolerance" you preach doesn't seem to extend to the basic respect you should have for the faiths of others.

"Tolerance" has never been a buzzword of mine. I don't promote tolerance for the sake of tolerance. I have made it pretty clear for a long time that I think a good reaction from society would be to stop tolerating unreasonable, unsupportable beliefs - like religious beliefs. I've made it pretty clear that religious belief should be met with the same kind of social consequences that would result from one making it a matter of public knowledge that they believe Elvis is alive, or that our government is controlled by aliens from Andromeda, or that scientology is true.

Sonnabend
03-27-2010, 10:14 PM
So enlighten us, wilbur, why is it that this

http://thecount.com/wp-content/uploads/madonna_on_cross.jpg

and this

http://twistedsifter.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/kanye-west-jesus-rolling-stone-cover.jpg

did not result in one person being harmed but that this

http://myblahg.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/mohammed_cartoon.jpg

resulted in 102 dead?

Care to answer?

Rockntractor
03-27-2010, 10:14 PM
"Tolerance" has never been a buzzword of mine. I don't promote tolerance for the sake of tolerance. I have made it pretty clear for a long time that I think a good reaction from society would be to stop tolerating unreasonable, unsupportable beliefs - like religious beliefs. I've made it pretty clear that religious belief should be met with the same kind of social consequences that would result from one shouting that they believe Elvis is alive, or that our government is controlled by aliens from Andromeda.
Like your religious belief in the church of the changing climate?:rolleyes:

Sonnabend
03-27-2010, 10:18 PM
"Tolerance" has never been a buzzword of mine. I don't promote tolerance for the sake of tolerance.Ah I see, your idea of freedom of speech is that which agrees with you.

I have made it pretty clear for a long time that I think a good reaction from society would be to stop tolerating unreasonable, unsupportable beliefs - like religious beliefs.So in fact your preaching of tolerance is limited to those which agree with your ideals, and you feel free to attack others based on your OWN intolerance to things you dont like.

I've made it pretty clear that religious belief should be met with the same kind of social consequences that would result from one shouting that they believe Elvis is alive, or that our government is controlled by aliens from Andromeda.Yes well, freedom is that pesky little thing that so annoys you, isnt it? You'd be SO happy to stamp on the freedoms of others, to suit your own agenda. How nice of you to finally admit it.

Like your religious belief in the church of the changing climate?

or that our government is controlled by aliens from Andromeda

It isnt? :eek::eek:

wilbur
03-27-2010, 10:20 PM
Referring to the military as a "sacred cow" isnt a slur? I see it as one.

Because you don't grasp the fact that it doesnt refer to the military - it refers to the type of irrational devotion that some people have towards it - but it says nothing of the military itself.

I'll see that you get one on the Greek Kalends.

Respect and appreciation of the sacrifice of the military is idolatry? Was it not one of your own people who used the words "Last great measure of devotion"? Idolatry refers to worship of false idols or "pagan gods"...last night I had the privilege to talk to a US Marine living two doors from me, whose father served, and his father before him..a tradition of service to one's country in defence of the freedom we enjoy.

No, irrational devotion is a type of idolatry - your track record in this dept is quite well known.

Putting someone on ignore is cowardice.

BTW I have never had "temp bans dolled out"...the only one with the ban hammer is SR and HE, and he alone decides whether or not one is warranted.

Now you owe ME an apology.

We all know it Sonna. The tales of you whining to the mods every time you get in an argument you can't handle, are many, and they are legendary.

Sonnabend
03-27-2010, 10:24 PM
We all know it Sonna. The tales of you whining to the mods every time you get in an argument you can't handle, are many, and they are legendary.Nice try and a lie. Cute.

Because you don't grasp the fact that it doesnt refer to the military - it refers to the type of irrational devotion that some people have towards it - but it says nothing of the military itself. "Irratioonal"? So you see the respect, and devotion, and appreciation, of these men and women who are prepared, if need be to LAY DOWN THEIR LIVES in defence of your ability to say stupid shit like this as "irrational"?

No, irrational devotion is a type of idolatry - your track record in this dept is quite well known. My "track record"...you mean my continued debunking of your AGW idiocy?

wilbur
03-27-2010, 10:29 PM
Nice try and a lie. Cute.

"Irratioonal"? So you see the respect, and devotion, and appreciation, of these men and women who are prepared, if need be to LAY DOWN THEIR LIVES in defence of your ability to say stupid shit like this as "irrational"?

No, respect and appreciation is great, and should be encouraged. Irrational devotion is neither of those things, and thats exactly what you have. Anything but radiant glowing praise for anything militaristic will set you loose on pages long tirades and complaints to the mods for immediate banning. Again - your track record is well known. And again, the turn of this whole conversation, ironically enough, proves my point - especially since the comment that got it started wasnt aimed at the military at all... it was aimed at people like you.

My "track record"...you mean my continued debunking of your AGW idiocy?

Funny - at least two threads sit on the front page in weather where you got schooled, for all to see. You don't have any such examples in your favor.

wilbur
03-27-2010, 10:30 PM
Ah I see, your idea of freedom of speech is that which agrees with you.

Nope. I fully support one's right to claim Elvis is alive, to believe in Scientology or Christianity, completely.

So in fact your preaching of tolerance is limited to those which agree with your ideals, and you feel free to attack others based on your OWN intolerance to things you dont like.

No - I simply adhere to a consistent system of ethics, for which I think the world might be better off, should it adopt it also.

Yes well, freedom is that pesky little thing that so annoys you, isnt it? You'd be SO happy to stamp on the freedoms of others, to suit your own agenda. How nice of you to finally admit it.

Apparently, you cannot read:o

Sonnabend
03-28-2010, 12:22 AM
No, respect and appreciation is great, and should be encouraged. Irrational devotion is neither of those things, and thats exactly what you have. Anything but radiant glowing praise for anything militaristic will set you loose on pages long tirades and complaints to the mods for immediate banning. Show me one.

As for "irrational", speaking as a citizen whose nation was repeatedly bombed and attacked by the enemy, as a citizen who lives a very short distance from a nation of islamofascists who have already carried out numerous terrorist attacks against our citizens, speaking as a citizen of a free nation who is well aware of the tremendous debt owed by people like myself to our soldiers,as a citizen who lives in freedom because of men and women like these...my response to that is a hearty and well meant fuck you.

We're at war, buddy. You didnt notice?

Again - your track record is well known. And again, the turn of this whole conversation, ironically enough, proves my point - especially since the comment that got it started wasnt aimed at the military at all... it was aimed at people like you....and yet you have still evaded the point and created a straw man argument. My post above is self explanatory.

Funny - at least two threads sit on the front page in weather where you got schooled, for all to see. You don't have any such examples in your favor."Schooled"...by YOU? You have got to be kidding. :rolleyes:

No - I simply adhere to a consistent system of ethics, for which I think the world might be better off, should it adopt it also. No thanks, not interested, and since I have now said that, you no longer need belabour the point. Save your prating and preaching for someone else. I also note that..if the "science is settled" and there is no room for doubt...why are you still here?

You stand zero chance of changing my mind.,..so why persist?

Unless of course you are persisting as you are intent on ramming your "ethics" down everyone elses throat regardless or not of whether they want to hear it or not.

So, wilbur, why are you here? To "educate us" to "convert us"? I am not interested in nor do I wish to hear about your perverted and twisted "ethics"..and whether or not I believe. is again, none of your fucking business.

Where do you get off trying to tell me or anyone else what to believe? Just who do you think you are?

Aside from a zealot from the Church of Mother Gaia.

Sod off, swampy.

wilbur
03-28-2010, 09:06 AM
As for "irrational", speaking as a citizen whose nation was repeatedly bombed and attacked by the enemy, as a citizen who lives a very short distance from a nation of islamofascists who have already carried out numerous terrorist attacks against our citizens, speaking as a citizen of a free nation who is well aware of the tremendous debt owed by people like myself to our soldiers,as a citizen who lives in freedom because of men and women like these...my response to that is a hearty and well meant fuck you.

We're at war, buddy. You didnt notice?

Of course - but again, notice that the thing that kicked this whole thing off was not a slur or insult to the military.

"Schooled"...by YOU? You have got to be kidding. :rolleyes:

Read them and weep:
http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=25963
http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=26280

No thanks, not interested, and since I have now said that, you no longer need belabour the point. Save your prating and preaching for someone else. I also note that..if the "science is settled" and there is no room for doubt...why are you still here?

You stand zero chance of changing my mind.,..so why persist?

Unless of course you are persisting as you are intent on ramming your "ethics" down everyone elses throat regardless or not of whether they want to hear it or not.

So, wilbur, why are you here? To "educate us" to "convert us"? I am not interested in nor do I wish to hear about your perverted and twisted "ethics"..and whether or not I believe. is again, none of your fucking business.

Where do you get off trying to tell me or anyone else what to believe? Just who do you think you are?

Aside from a zealot from the Church of Mother Gaia.

Sod off, swampy.

Is that why you argue here? To change peoples minds? Good luck with that, your posts are met with close to as many eye rolls as my own probably are - I hope you realize. I persist because sometimes its fun to shoot a fish in a barrel (you), sometimes its fun to have an actual discussions, which do on occasion happen. As for changing minds? Well, few that actually engage in the debates will change their minds - arguing will only galvanize them further. Some onlookers might, in fact, change their minds. But even so, that is not my purpose. It would be futile indeed to sit here and delude oneself into thinking they are making some sort of "difference to the world" by changing the mind of a few forum posters.

Apocalypse
03-28-2010, 09:51 AM
Hey Wilbur, riddle me this.

Why didn't Kerry or Clinton ever condemn Phelps for his anti Gay stance, but instead welcomed his aid and efforts to help them win elections? You know, Fred Phelps, registered Democrat, organizer of Democratic activities and fund-raiser for Al Gore and Bill Clinton. In 1988, Phelps housed campaign workers for Al Gore's first presidential run; in 1989, his eldest son, Fred Jr., hosted a fundraiser for Gore's Senate campaign at his home. In fact I find it more interesting that Clinton advised John Kerry to drop support for gay marriage when Kerry ran back in '04. Kinda in line with that whole same line of thought as Phelps. Considering DOMA, DaDT, listing homosexuality as a "Mental Disorder" for grounds of dismissal with the pentagon, which Bush had to overturn.

The Democratic party is the cozy home of former KKK leader Robert Byrd, anti-US loudmouth and race-monger Maxine Waters, DUI Ted Kennedy and obsessed-about-sin-Clinton-supporter Fred Phelps. Fred Phelps has been a staunch Democrat from day one, running for Democratic offices with Democratic political leaders gladly accepting his fund-raising contributions and rewarding he and his family with invitations to Presidential inaugurations.

Why is it, that the Democrats wont toss this loser to the street, but keep holding the door open for him?

Sonnabend
03-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Of course - but again, notice that the thing that kicked this whole thing off was not a slur or insult to the military.

Speaking of which, wilbur...where'd YOU serve?

Re links: Jones is a liar and a fool, AGW is a scam, a hoax, a lie, and you havent "schooled" anyone.. Again, who do you think you are?

Is that why you argue here? To change peoples minds? Good luck with that, your posts are met with close to as many eye rolls as my own probably are - I hope you realize.I persist because sometimes its fun to shoot a fish in a barrel (you), sometimes its fun to have an actual discussions, which do on occasion happen

With you? No.All you do is post more AGW defence and we sit back and laugh.,

. As for changing minds? Well, few that actually engage in the debates will change their minds - arguing will only galvanize them further. Some onlookers might, in fact, change their minds. But even so, that is not my purpose. It would be futile indeed to sit here and delude oneself into thinking they are making some sort of "difference to the world" by changing the mind of a few forum posters.

So why persist? Unless I am right and this is a case of you shoving your agenda down our throats.

wilbur
03-28-2010, 04:33 PM
Speaking of which, wilbur...where'd YOU serve?

Re links: Jones is a liar and a fool, AGW is a scam, a hoax, a lie, and you havent "schooled" anyone.. Again, who do you think you are?

We know you think that - the only problem is I've proven you dead wrong in every instance you can cite that says he lied - including the two threads I linked. In both cases it was demonstrated that you were tragically duped by misreporting and a swiftboating skeptic group that didnt accurately represent the facts. Of course, red meat like that is too good for you to not to swallow, so you slurp it all up and don't actually care if its true - you've got an excuse to on the attack, facts be damned. I'm sure somewhere in the back of your mind, you realize this, though I don't see you ever admitting it. But you don't have too. Its a matter of public record now. You were wrong.

So why persist? Unless I am right and this is a case of you shoving your agenda down our throats.

Why do you persist? You do know you aren't actually taken seriously here - hate to break the news. And I'm really at a loss to how I can shove anything down anyone's throat over an internet forum.

Rockntractor
03-28-2010, 06:15 PM
We know you think that - the only problem is I've proven you dead wrong in every instance you can cite that says he lied - including the two threads I linked. In both cases it was demonstrated that you were tragically duped by misreporting and swiftboating by a skeptic group that didnt accurately represent the facts. Of course, red meat like that is too good for you to not to swallow, so you slurp it all up and don't actually care if its true - you've got an excuse to on the attack, facts be damned. I'm sure somewhere in the back of your mind, you realize this, though I don't see you ever admitting it. But you don't have too. Its a matter of public record now. You were wrong.

Why do you persist? You do know you aren't actually taken seriously here - hate to break the news. And I'm really at a loss to how I can shove anything down anyone's throat over an internet forum.
swiftboating, really Wilbur all those charges against carey were true.

Apocalypse
03-28-2010, 07:03 PM
Wilbur, don't ignore me, awnser this!

Why didn't Kerry or Clinton ever condemn Phelps for his anti Gay stance, but instead welcomed his aid and efforts to help them win elections? You know, Fred Phelps, registered Democrat, organizer of Democratic activities and fund-raiser for Al Gore and Bill Clinton. In 1988, Phelps housed campaign workers for Al Gore's first presidential run; in 1989, his eldest son, Fred Jr., hosted a fundraiser for Gore's Senate campaign at his home. In fact I find it more interesting that Clinton advised John Kerry to drop support for gay marriage when Kerry ran back in '04. Kinda in line with that whole same line of thought as Phelps. Considering DOMA, DaDT, listing homosexuality as a "Mental Disorder" for grounds of dismissal with the pentagon, which Bush had to overturn.

The Democratic party is the cozy home of former KKK leader Robert Byrd, anti-US loudmouth and race-monger Maxine Waters, DUI Ted Kennedy and obsessed-about-sin-Clinton-supporter Fred Phelps. Fred Phelps has been a staunch Democrat from day one, running for Democratic offices with Democratic political leaders gladly accepting his fund-raising contributions and rewarding he and his family with invitations to Presidential inaugurations.

Why is it, that the Democrats wont toss this loser to the street, but keep holding the door open for him?

PoliCon
03-28-2010, 09:10 PM

Why is it, that the Democrats wont toss this loser to the street, but keep holding the door open for him?Do you have links to his connections to democrat leaders? I'd LOVE to be able to rub some peoples faces in that. :)

Apocalypse
03-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Do you have links to his connections to democrat leaders? I'd LOVE to be able to rub some peoples faces in that. :)
Google search will come up with a lot. Read "Addicted to Hate" will share others.

The grandchildren are perhaps less demonstrative than most children, but in an earlier day that was called well-behaved. Many of their parents hold or have held important jobs in local and state agencies. The pastor's first-born, Fred, Jr., and his wife, Betty, were guests at the Clinton inauguration. The former northeast Kansas campaign manager for Al Gore in 1988 has a stack of VIP photos, such as the one of him, Betty, Al and Tipper, and even soon-to- be Kansas governor Joan Finney smiling and yucking it up at the Phelps' place just a few years ago. Clearly these are not streetcorner flakes taken to carrying signs.

wilbur
03-28-2010, 10:14 PM
Wilbur, don't ignore me, awnser this!

I'm not arguing that democrats in Washington are awesome and wonderful, so I don't really see it as my responsibility to explain their shady actions. Shame on them if they show any modicum of tolerance for the WBC in exchange for donations or campaigning. I tend to view most politicians, regardless of party, as the scum of the earth, who have little problem taking money from anybody.

Rockntractor
03-28-2010, 10:17 PM
I'm not arguing that democrats in Washington are awesome and wonderful, so I don't really see it as my responsibility to explain their shady actions. Shame on them if they show any modicum of tolerance for the WBC in exchange for donations or campaigning. I tend to view most politicians, regardless of party, as the scum of the earth, who have little problem taking money from anybody.

So this is why you would like cap and trade passed so these scum of the earth can control all of our energy?:rolleyes:

Someone quote this so the little bitch has to read it.

Apocalypse
03-28-2010, 10:26 PM
And this takes us back to your initial statement in this thread.

Let me flip this.

"I do have to wonder sometimes.... had they not actually gone after the gays and other sacred cows, how many liberals would actually have a problem with their attacks on the military?"

wilbur
03-28-2010, 10:57 PM
And this takes us back to your initial statement in this thread.

Let me flip this.

"I do have to wonder sometimes.... had they not actually gone after the gays and other sacred cows, how many liberals would actually have a problem with their attacks on the military?"

Well that's a little hard to imagine since their entire shtick is mostly centered around homosexuality. We'd have to know what they are protesting to know if their protests are justified or not.

Apocalypse
03-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Well that's a little hard to imagine since their entire shtick is mostly centered around homosexuality. We'd have to know what they are protesting to know if their protests are justified or not.

So translation is if they left the gays and other sacred cows of the left alone, the majority of the left would have no problem with WBC protesting in some form at military funerals. Dependant on lets say they were protesting the war, and at the funeral a young soldier who was killed in action.

Naddapig
03-28-2010, 11:06 PM
So this is why you would like cap and trade passed so these scum of the earth can control all of our energy?:rolleyes:

Someone quote this so the little bitch has to read it.

Stop messing with Wilbur. He is a genious!

wilbur
03-28-2010, 11:09 PM
So translation is

Well, I do not see that what I said requires any kind of translation - especially when it looks more like one is trying to put words in my mouth, rather than "translate".

if they left the gays and other sacred cows of the left alone, the majority of the left would have no problem with WBC protesting in some form at military funerals.

Well, if there were some hypothetical good reason to protest a military funeral (I can't think of one myself off the top of my head, but IF there were), then why would one have a problem with it?

Dependant on lets say they were protesting the war, and at the funeral a young soldier who was killed in action.

In my experience, most on the left would have a big problem with that - code pinker loons aside.

Apocalypse
03-28-2010, 11:18 PM
if they left the gays and other sacred cows of the left alone, the majority of the left would have no problem with WBC protesting in some form at military funerals.

Well, if there were some hypothetical good reason to protest a military funeral (I can't think of one myself off the top of my head, but IF there were), then why would one have a problem with it?

See now that is the problem, and a big difference between the left and right. As you said, "why would one have a problem with it?" That is often the view of the left. Where on the right, a funeral of any one, regardless is a sacred time to grieve. One that any dumbass must stay away from and not make an ass of them selves. Regardless of what you thought of them or what they did. Let the family remember the life of their lost loved one, not put up with some dumbass who wants to hold up a sign and make an ass of him self and celebrate the persons death. To the right, there is simply no valid reason to allow that, and why the right has pushed hard to put in place laws to stop that. Where the left has fought hard to keep these protesters right there hurting the families of those who lost loved ones.

wilbur
03-28-2010, 11:30 PM
See now that is the problem, and a big difference between the left and right. As you said, "why would one have a problem with it?" That is often the view of the left. Where on the right, a funeral of any one, regardless is a sacred time to grieve. One that any dumbass must stay away from and not make an ass of them selves. Regardless of what you thought of them or what they did. Let the family remember the life of their lost loved one, not put up with some dumbass who wants to hold up a sign and make an ass of him self and celebrate the persons death. To the right, there is simply no valid reason to allow that, and why the right has pushed hard to put in place laws to stop that. Where the left has fought hard to keep these protesters right there hurting the families of those who lost loved ones.

Well, I generally agree, and do concede that I sure have a hard time imagining any good reason to protest a funeral.

Sonnabend
03-29-2010, 02:38 AM
We know you think that - the only problem is I've proven you dead wrong in every instance you can cite that says he lied - including the two threads I linked. In both cases it was demonstrated that you were tragically duped by misreporting and a swiftboating skeptic group that didnt accurately represent the facts

STOCKHOLM INITIATIVE

Göran Ahlgren, secretary general
Kungsgatan 82
12 27 Stockholm, Sweden

...is a "swiftboating sceptic group?"

Interesting you choose those words, because every single word they said was true.

Of course, red meat like that is too good for you to not to swallow, so you slurp it all up and don't actually care if its true - you've got an excuse to on the attack, facts be damned

I know what the facts are. There is no AGW, Jones is a liar, and you're an eco zealot

. I'm sure somewhere in the back of your mind, you realize this, though I don't see you ever admitting it. But you don't have too. Its a matter of public record now. You were wrong.

No.

wilbur
03-29-2010, 10:10 AM
STOCKHOLM INITIATIVE

Göran Ahlgren, secretary general
Kungsgatan 82
12 27 Stockholm, Sweden

...is a "swiftboating sceptic group?"

Yes - I told you already in the thread in question:
http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showpost.php?p=251526&postcount=16