PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where this is?

CaughtintheMiddle1990
03-25-2010, 07:59 PM
Does anyone know where this place is? My family and I took a trip there sometime between 1995 and 1996 (which is when the photos are from) but my parents don't have any idea where it was at.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2693/4462502331_39a6fb8a61_b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2768/4463277018_4ca198de49_b.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4040/4462498119_e9380ced56_b.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4068/4462499271_a3ccb037bc_b.jpg

Big Guy
03-25-2010, 08:07 PM
Oh thats easy, it's in that one place by the water. Or as we say in the south "OVER YONDER". :D

CaughtintheMiddle1990
03-25-2010, 08:10 PM
Oh thats easy, it's in that one place by the water. Or as we say in the south "OVER YONDER". :D

Haha. I don't think it was down south..Only places I've went in the South were to SC, Virginia and Florida.
I just figured maybe some travel-prone conservatives would recognize it as a vacation spot.

Gingersnap
03-25-2010, 08:29 PM
Haha. I don't think it was down south..Only places I've went in the South were to SC, Virginia and Florida.
I just figured maybe some travel-prone conservatives would recognize it as a vacation spot.

Can't you just ask them? It's not out here. Too many non-pine trees, too much water, not enough mountain. :D

The cheesy vacation condo architecture is completely familiar, however.

patriot45
03-25-2010, 08:33 PM
Hey! I know! Thats America that we once knew!

Big Guy
03-25-2010, 08:40 PM
Hey! I know! Thats America that we once knew!

Gone, but not forgotten.

Big Guy
03-25-2010, 08:42 PM
Could it be Sunapee, New Hampshire?

marv
03-25-2010, 09:07 PM
Somewhere in Scandinavia.

You mean that your parents take you places, and can't remember where they were?

CaughtintheMiddle1990
03-25-2010, 09:17 PM

Somewhere in Scandinavia.

You mean that your parents take you places, and can't remember where they were?

Well, it was 14 or 15 years ago and back then we went on a lot of trips.

patriot45
03-25-2010, 09:29 PM

Oh man, I never did acid! So where was it? Unless it was just in your mind!

Kay
03-25-2010, 10:09 PM
All I know is that you can eliminate West Texas.

Speedy
03-25-2010, 10:22 PM
All I know is that you can eliminate West Texas.

No kid from these here parts would wear a helmet like that unless he was a ward of the state hospital.

Kay
03-25-2010, 11:08 PM
Speedy speaks the truth.

noonwitch
03-26-2010, 08:01 AM
I don't think it's in the south, either, nor the west. It looks kind of like rural Pennsylvania, or the Ohio River Valley region (although not the actual Ohio River, that's a wider river than the one in the photo). But it could be northern Michigan, Wisconsin or Minnesota, too.

Articulate_Ape
03-26-2010, 08:55 AM
Does anyone know where this place is?

Walden Pond?

NJCardFan
03-26-2010, 10:52 AM

How can you and your family takes lots of trips when there are people starving!!!!!!!!

CaughtintheMiddle1990
03-26-2010, 12:09 PM
How can you and your family takes lots of trips when there are people starving!!!!!!!!

It was the '90s. Those who worked didn't starve. My family worked.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
03-26-2010, 12:13 PM

No kid from these here parts would wear a helmet like that unless he was a ward of the state hospital.

Don't believe in protecting kid's heads when bike riding?

BadCat
03-26-2010, 04:28 PM
Don't believe in protecting kid's heads when bike riding?

It didn't protect you from brain damage.

Sonnabend
03-26-2010, 04:57 PM
Looks a little like Maine.

Isn't there a centre for mental patients down that way?

CaughtintheMiddle1990
03-26-2010, 05:58 PM
It didn't protect you from brain damage.

You act like I'm this huge liberal. I'm not.

-I was against the auto bailouts completely. Ambigous on the bank bailouts as while on one hand I don't feel the government should be nationalizing banks, the investment's people put into the bank shouldn't be lost because the bank's administration fucked up.
-I was only for one specific thing in the HC Reform and that was the Pre-Existing Conditions idea. Otherwise I thought our health care system was fine as it was; my views changed with some recent healthcare experience. However, I think there are other forms of reform needed--For example providing incentive to doctors not to do as much testing as they do--For example it's noted in the medical community that CT scanning (which could be dangerous in the long term) is overused. But only slight moderate reforms, no nationalization.
-I did not vote for Obama and would not if I could.
-I don't believe in welfare, just workfare, maybe even job training programs. But no hand outs.
-I was against Obama gutting the space program. People call it ''big government'' but it gave us an edge in that area--To be expanded to space defense programs.
-I am for a larger defense budget and have no problem with the Patriot Act. If you aren't talking about illegal things, you have little to fear.

Rockntractor
03-26-2010, 07:18 PM
You act like I'm this huge liberal. I'm not.

-I was against the auto bailouts completely. Ambigous on the bank bailouts as while on one hand I don't feel the government should be nationalizing banks, the investment's people put into the bank shouldn't be lost because the bank's administration fucked up.
-I was only for one specific thing in the HC Reform and that was the Pre-Existing Conditions idea. Otherwise I thought our health care system was fine as it was; my views changed with some recent healthcare experience. However, I think there are other forms of reform needed--For example providing incentive to doctors not to do as much testing as they do--For example it's noted in the medical community that CT scanning (which could be dangerous in the long term) is overused. But only slight moderate reforms, no nationalization.
-I did not vote for Obama and would not if I could.
-I don't believe in welfare, just workfare, maybe even job training programs. But no hand outs.
-I was against Obama gutting the space program. People call it ''big government'' but it gave us an edge in that area--To be expanded to space defense programs.
-I am for a larger defense budget and have no problem with the Patriot Act. If you aren't talking about illegal things, you have little to fear.
Your user name says it all! Your either with us or against us. Obama is drawing the line in the sand. you better make up your mind soon boy, times are changing fast.

Gingersnap
03-26-2010, 09:03 PM
Your user name says it all! Your either with us or against us. Obama is drawing the line in the sand. you better make up your mind soon boy, times are changing fast.

This is the Lounge! This thread is totally non-political. Be nice.

Or else.

Teetop
03-26-2010, 10:47 PM
Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas.

Gingersnap
03-26-2010, 11:18 PM
We should start a pool. :p