PDA

View Full Version : Right This Minute! (Finally Friday Edition)

Gingersnap
03-25-2010, 09:47 PM
What are you doing?

I'm vaguely watching "First Blood" and trying to figure out a skirt pattern.

patriot45
03-25-2010, 09:48 PM
I'm posting recipe pics and goofy stuff! :D

Rockntractor
03-25-2010, 09:55 PM
Staring at my dongle in dismay. The tip broke off so now my only internet is my blackberry!:mad:

Gingersnap
03-25-2010, 09:59 PM
Staring at my dongle in dismay. The tip broke off so now my only internet is my blackberry!:mad:

Your "dongle"? Pics? :p

stsinner
03-25-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm looking at facebook waiting for my friend, a Kiowa Warrior pilot, to respond to me that he survived an attack that another friend just informed me happened on his unit....

lacarnut
03-25-2010, 10:03 PM
Doing my best to stay off the boob tube. Had enough of politics to last me a good while.

Rockntractor
03-25-2010, 10:07 PM
Your "dongle"? Pics? :p
I can't post pics with my blackberry. The wires are to short on the dongle or I would pull them out and reattach them to the tip. It just hangs there now useless!
:(

Gingersnap
03-25-2010, 10:08 PM
I can't post pics with my blackberry. The wires are to short on the dongle or I would pull them out and reattach them to the tip. It just hangs there now useless!
:(

Well, we've all heard that one. :p

SaintLouieWoman
03-25-2010, 10:08 PM
Sitting here pissed off at Charter. Just got off the phone with those boobs, being transferred from one to another. Didn't have my custsomer number, and they kept insisting on it (#3 that I conversed with).

Their ace installers came out and totally botched a previously botched job. They do not know how to fish a wall. They left a big hole in the wall and put the wall plate on crooked. They said they'd do 2 for $35 install charge (which I had contended that I shouldn't pay as it was to repair previous damage).

They said that the guy working on my kitchen could repair the hole in the wall. They were very unprofessional, but what else, they're Charter employees. :mad::rolleyes:

Rockntractor
03-25-2010, 10:15 PM
Well, we've all heard that one. :p
I poked a needle nosed plyer into the hole on the end and grabbed hold of the wires but there is not enough slack, I don't want to pull them out by the roots. That would be a mess!
:confused:

patriot45
03-25-2010, 10:18 PM
I poked a needle nosed plyer into the hole on the end and grabbed hold of the wires but there is not enough slack, I don't want to pull them out by the roots. That would be a mess!

Man, I didn't want to get all Linda #'s on you but.... pliers is the word!

Rockntractor
03-25-2010, 10:21 PM
Man, I didn't want to get all Linda #'s on you but.... pliers is the word!
It's harder to use spell check with a blackberry. I'm like caught with my pants down!

Gingersnap
03-25-2010, 10:31 PM

Remove the entire case?

Rockntractor
03-25-2010, 10:53 PM
Remove the entire case?
They have the seam glued. I'll take it to verizon tomorrow and they will replace it. I insured it because they cost 200.00.

Kay
03-25-2010, 10:59 PM
I am laying in bed, propped up on two pillows looking raggedly hot for a grouchy old broad at the end of a long day. Two dogs drapped around me. Watching Discovery Channel, a show about the Bermuda triangle. Laptop on my lap, catching up on the days news via Intarwebs and trying to unwind my weary brain so it will let me sleep a few hours before I get up and do it all over again tomorrow. Thank goodness the weekend is almost here. That's what Kay is doing at 10:59 PM.

Constitutionally Speaking
03-26-2010, 04:10 AM
Just got up, brewing some coffee and watching top 10 armor on the military channel.

djones520
03-26-2010, 04:16 AM
Right this minute, I'm juggling writing a decoration package for my troop, and developing an Air Refueling forecast for somewhere in the Pacific.

marv
03-26-2010, 06:46 AM
I'm going through my four favorite conservative forums, pondering next year when we have to decide whether to seed or sod the back yard.

I skipped the Drudge Report because I've had enough bad political news for a while, too.

FlaGator
03-26-2010, 06:56 AM
Sitting here reading CU wondering how many arms you people have if you can do that stuff while posting on CU.

marv
03-26-2010, 08:02 AM
Sitting here reading CU wondering how many arms you people have if you can do that stuff while posting on CU.
Talent..........

Kay
03-26-2010, 08:06 AM
Off to work....only 6 in my particular department, so my boss usually buys us breakfast on Fridays. Hoping it's something good. Beautiful day today should be around 83 degrees, lots of sunshine. TGIF everyone!

Rockntractor
03-26-2010, 12:56 PM
I am back in business. After arguing with one store and having to go to another that had a higher up manager they gave me another dongle. It is funny how you pay the extra six bucks a month for insurance on a product and there are some assholes that want to argue with you about replacing it.

patriot45
03-26-2010, 01:06 PM
I am back in business. After arguing with one store and having to go to another that had a higher up manager they gave me another dongle. It is funny how you pay the extra six bucks a month for insurance on a product and there are some assholes that want to argue with you about replacing it.

I hope the angle of the dangle is correct for your dongle!
:D

Rockntractor
03-26-2010, 01:50 PM
I hope the angle of the dangle is correct for your dongle!
I have it bent to the side at a 90 degree which works fine as long as duke doesn't step on it when he gets in the truck!:eek::D

Megaguns91
03-26-2010, 02:05 PM
I have it bent to the side at a 90 degree which works fine as long as duke doesn't step on it when he gets in the truck!:eek::D

...I still don't know what a dongle is.

Articulate_Ape
03-26-2010, 02:55 PM
Right now I'm typing this message.

Rockntractor
03-26-2010, 03:44 PM
...I still don't know what a dongle is.

3g cellular usb modem for wireless broadband.

Megaguns91
03-26-2010, 03:46 PM

I like dongle better. :D:p

Articulate_Ape
03-26-2010, 06:20 PM

Rock knows him his dongles. I have to muddle through with the 50mbps connection I just upgraded to. It's not easy being me. BTW, I haven't even written this post yet, it's just that fast.

Bubba Dawg
03-26-2010, 07:11 PM
Futzing around in the Internets. Miz Bubba is watching An Officer and a Gentleman.

Rockntractor
03-26-2010, 07:15 PM
Futzing around in the Internets. Miz Bubba is watching An Officer and a Gentleman.

Is he someone you know?:confused::eek:

Gingersnap
03-26-2010, 09:10 PM
It's kind of snowing and I'm enjoying a frosty adult beverage. There will be no yard work tomorrow (sadly). The house is clean, the laundry is done, and the BFF and I have sorted out the political ramifications of Obamacare for the middle class.

I vaguely watching Stossel, wondering if I need to sign up for Cheryl Oberle's lace sampler class this summer, and contemplating making a cookie dough so it can chill overnight.

What are you up to this evening? ;)

Elspeth
03-26-2010, 09:41 PM
It's kind of snowing and I'm enjoying a frosty adult beverage. There will be no yard work tomorrow (sadly). The house is clean, the laundry is done, and the BFF and I have sorted out the political ramifications of Obamacare for the middle class.

I vaguely watching Stossel, wondering if I need to sign up for Cheryl Oberle's lace sampler class this summer, and contemplating making a cookie dough so it can chill overnight.

What are you up to this evening? ;)

I'm sick and waiting for another hour before I can take Tylenol Severe Cold again. Took another med last night and had a wild dream about a large UFO that looked like the Starship Enterprise. It landed over a large city and had infant's blood in bottles all along the side. It made some young twentysomething crazed while police officers gave her back to her mom. :eek:

Are you sorry you asked? ;)

It's either the old cold med or George Noory. :D

I'm hoping for a better night's sleep with the Tylenol.

Rockntractor
03-26-2010, 09:45 PM
I'm sick and waiting for another hour before I can take Tylenol Severe Cold again. Took another med last night and had a wild dream about a large UFO that looked like the Starship Enterprise. It landed over a large city and had infant's blood in bottles all along the side. It made some young twentysomething crazed while police officers gave her back to her mom. :eek:

Are you sorry you asked? ;)

It's either the old cold med or George Noory. :D

I'm hoping for a better night's sleep with the Tylenol.

Did the landing lights have a bluish hue?:confused:

Elspeth
03-26-2010, 09:55 PM
Did the landing lights have a bluish hue?:confused:

No, they were regular lights. But the whole sky was lit up and I could see ocean and skyline. It was really an amazing picture and I wish I could draw because it was so vivid and fantastic.

Rockntractor
03-26-2010, 09:58 PM
No, they were regular lights. But the whole sky was lit up and I could see ocean and skyline. It was really an amazing picture and I wish I could draw because it was so vivid and fantastic.

It was probably just a dream if it didn't have bluish white light. They switched over a couple years ago because they take less energy and cause less interstellar accidents.

Elspeth
03-26-2010, 10:14 PM
It was probably just a dream if it didn't have bluish white light. They switched over a couple years ago because they take less energy and cause less interstellar accidents.

LOL!!!!!!!:D

Man, I swear it was the cold medication. I don't usually have dreams like that.:eek:

Rockntractor
03-26-2010, 10:15 PM
LOL!!!!!!!:D

Man, I swear it was the cold medication. I don't usually have dreams like that.:eek:

There were no probes involved right?

Gingersnap
03-26-2010, 10:16 PM
You've been "probed", haven't you? :D

Rockntractor
03-26-2010, 10:18 PM
You've been "probed", haven't you? :D

It's not what you think! They run the ships on methane and they like it fresh. They noticed large amounts leaking from my house a decided to harvest it.

Gingersnap
03-26-2010, 10:25 PM
It's not what you think! They run the ships on methane and they like it fresh. They noticed large amounts leaking from my house a decided to harvest it.

Maybe you can apply for some stimulus money as a "green" energy source.

Rockntractor
03-26-2010, 10:27 PM
Maybe you can apply for some stimulus money as a "green" energy source.
Yeah, they would just tax my ass! Literally.:rolleyes:

Gingersnap
03-26-2010, 10:32 PM
Yeah, they would just tax my ass! Literally.:rolleyes:

You and everybody else. Sadly, those of us with modest asses would not get a discount. :(

Rockntractor
03-26-2010, 10:36 PM
You and everybody else. Sadly, those of us with modest asses would not get a discount. :(
Yeah, I would have to make up for all the little farts!:mad:

Gingersnap
03-26-2010, 10:41 PM
Yeah, I would have to make up for all the little farts!:mad:

I'll confess: JLo and I aren't twins. Good on you for taking up the slack or bulge or whatever!

Rockntractor
03-26-2010, 10:42 PM
I'll confess: JLo and I aren't twins. Good on you for taking up the slack or bulge or whatever!

Hey I'm here to help!:D

Kay
03-26-2010, 10:44 PM
BTW, I haven't even written this post yet, it's just that fast.

Hahaha...now that was funny. :D

I just got prone in same position as last night. In bed, laptop, dogs everywhere.
Flipped the tv around for 20 minutes through 100+ channels and nothing caught
my eye. So browsing through YouTube listening to favorite oldies and catching up
on the day's news on my favorite sites.

Elspeth, try NyQuil instead.
I can drink a capful of that and I sleep like a baby.

Rockntractor
03-26-2010, 10:48 PM
I can drink a capful of that and I sleep like a baby.
Do you wake up in a wet bed?:eek:

Kay
03-26-2010, 11:03 PM
Do you wake up in a wet bed?:eek:
Depends. ;)

Rockntractor
03-26-2010, 11:03 PM
Depends. ;)

Zathras
03-27-2010, 02:03 AM
Just got back from seeing the movie "How to Train Your Dragon"....another very good movie, thumbs up from me.

Rockntractor
03-27-2010, 02:17 AM
Just got back from seeing the movie "How to Train Your Dragon"....another very good movie, thumbs up from me.
Are you getting a dragon?