PDA

View Full Version : Falling down on the job Friday

linda22003
03-26-2010, 06:37 AM
Rainy and cool in the DC area this morning. The daffodils are all in bloom, and the cherry blossoms are well on the way.

TOTD: I haven't really got one in me, this morning. I'm taking advantage of my excellent health care while I still have it, which costs me all of $44 a pay period, and having minor surgery this morning. Carry on. :o

djones520
03-26-2010, 07:01 AM
I'm not sure what changes may end up impacting me with this new bill. As of right now I do not pay for my or my families Tricare insurance. But given that it's a Democratic bill, and it's so monstrous, I still have fears that there will be some negative impact to how Tricare handles the military now.

linda22003
03-26-2010, 07:15 AM
They did exempt Tricare, so you should not be seeing any changes. At least for now.

Rockntractor
03-26-2010, 08:34 AM
Rainy and cool in the DC area this morning. The daffodils are all in bloom, and the cherry blossoms are well on the way.

TOTD: I haven't really got one in me, this morning. I'm taking advantage of my excellent health care while I still have it, which costs me all of $44 a pay period, and having minor surgery this morning. Carry on. :o
I hope your surgery goes okay, let us know how you are doing when you get home.

Gingersnap
03-26-2010, 08:57 AM
It's cloudy and cold. The forecast is for....wait for it.......more snow this afternoon and tonight. On the bright side, I don't have to feel guilty about not pruning the apple trees this weekend since there's too much snow to deploy a ladder.

TOTD: I hope everything goes just fine, Linda!

I'm in a fabulous HMO where I get same-day appointments, walk-in mammograms and lab work, and "free" preventative medicine screenings and tweaking. Naturally, I assume that all this will disappear in a few years. I'll probably be able to buy insurance using the same name on the exchange but I seriously doubt that it will be the same policy.

FlaGator
03-26-2010, 09:46 AM
I pray that there are no issues with your surgery. Good luck!

Megaguns91
03-26-2010, 09:57 AM
Our employer is gracious enough to pick up the tab on Regence med coverage, but we have to pay for dental out of pocket ( which still isn't bad ), but I'm not so sure that the free healthcare at my work will continue for much longer. :(

SaintLouieWoman
03-26-2010, 10:49 AM
Good luck today, Linda. I think you have the right plan as far as getting any necessary medical work done now. As soon as the kitchen remodeling is complete (hopefully by tomorrow at the latest), I will schedule my colonoscopy and endoscopy.

linda22003
03-26-2010, 02:47 PM
All is well. I'm apparently too old to be self-repairing, but not yet old enough to need deep-level fixes. :p

lacarnut
03-26-2010, 03:02 PM
Had out patient surgery done Thursday a week ago. Nothing major but had been putting it off for several years. My medicare advantage plan with the state will have new options during enrollment in a couple of months. So, did not want to get entangled in that precondition thingy in case I switch. My present policy allows me to go to any doctor or any hospital throughout the US which I pay extra for. Hate HMO's having had bad experience with piss poor incompetent doctors.

Megaguns91
03-26-2010, 03:14 PM
Had out patient surgery done Thursday a week ago. Nothing major but had been putting it off for several years. My medicare advantage plan with the state will have new options during enrollment in a couple of months. So, did not want to get entangled in that precondition thingy in case I switch. My present policy allows me to go to any doctor or any hospital throughout the US which I pay extra for. Hate HMO's having had bad experience with piss poor incompetent doctors.

HMO's are generally great as a medicare supplement and not much else here. They pick up what's left over after medicare in most cases unless it's the yearly deductible.

The good thing about billing insurances all day long is you learn the in's and out's of 'em. :)