PDA

View Full Version : What the Hell is Wrong With You People!

Speedy
03-27-2010, 04:36 AM
I have been on CU since 2003 or early 2004. In that time I have shown up late for the party to Battlestar Galactica and Lost and have had to catch up. BSG ended earlier this year and I was able to watch it to the end. Lost I watched the first episode of this season (which was the first time I saw a minute of it) I couldn't follow any of it so I have been watching episodes online from the beginning.

Both these series are miles above anything else that has been on TV lately. What is my gripe? Both these series were wildly popular and I missed them. It is obvious that alot of you folks on here watch them. Why weren't they discussed or recommended on here so other dufuses like me could enjoy them.

I would like to take this opportunity to recommend a very good series that just started a couple of weeks ago. Justified with Timothy Olyphant. Shootouts, hot women and asskickng. It is up there in grittiness and quality with The Shield.

Don't let me down again. If you're watching something really good, recommend it!

djones520
03-27-2010, 04:40 AM
Huh?

T.V.?

The last show I followed was Dexter. And thats in between seasons right now. I also watch Supernatural, but I'm completely behind on the 5th season so I gotta wait for the DVD's.

Speedy
03-27-2010, 04:56 AM
Huh?

T.V.?

The last show I followed was Dexter. And thats in between seasons right now. I also watch Supernatural, but I'm completely behind on the 5th season so I gotta wait for the DVD's.

Dude, I write for a living. I do 500-700 words a day on most days, do 1500-200 on really good days. Run with my dog. Workout. Work on some woodworking projects and I am done by about 4 in the afternoon. For years I worked until way past TV prime time. I have the full series DVDs of Battlestar Galactica, which I am awestruck by how good that show was. And I have been watching Lost online.

I like quality, well written shows like the two mentioned above. I watch 24 religiously but the quality has suffered. Other stuff I watch is like eating chips and dip. Good, but no redeeming social value at all. I watch stuff like Dog: The Bounty Hunter, Leverage, Caprica, Justified and Sons of Anarchy.

PoliCon
03-27-2010, 06:46 AM
I recommend SHAMELESS. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shameless

Loads of laughs, great characters, interesting storylines, nice T&A :D

SarasotaRepub
03-27-2010, 08:33 AM
Hey! I pimped BSG almost every week it was on. :mad::D

Lost was hyped by gator. :p

namvet
03-27-2010, 09:11 AM
I don't watch prime time TV anymore.

Rockntractor
03-27-2010, 09:14 AM
I recommend SHAMELESS. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shameless

Loads of laughs, great characters, interesting storylines, nice T&A :D

Shameless, how appropriate!:D

Kay
03-27-2010, 10:15 AM
24 is the only tv show that's caught my interest in years. But this last season
I believe the writers are just burned out and tired. It's losing my interest in it.

The only other show I watch occasionally is House.

The rest of the time I have music on or listen to Fox News in the background.

hampshirebrit
03-27-2010, 12:05 PM
Hey! I pimped BSG almost every week it was on. :mad::D

Me too... after gator had turned me onto it. Rome, too.

Speedy, I agree w/ you about 24. I lost interest in it after season 6. You should give Rome a try ... I reckon you'd love it if you like good quality TV. It has everything ... sex, violence, and Polly Walker ...

http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Galleries/Shows/M_R/Ri_Rp/Rome/season2/rome28.jpg

... of whom you will see a lot more (as in more of her :D) on Rome than you will on Caprica.

Speedy
03-27-2010, 03:26 PM
I'm a big fan of Polly Walker. She is not the most gorgeous woman. She does not have the hottest body, but there is a smoldering sexual attraction to her that can't be matched. She is the type of woman that has other women pulling their men closer to them when she walks into a room.

PoliCon
03-27-2010, 08:48 PM
Shameless, how appropriate!:D

Here's the first part of the first episode of the first season - and it only gets better. They're on season 7 now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKloG5xyhKM&feature=related

PoliCon
03-27-2010, 08:54 PM

Speedy, I agree w/ you about 24. I lost interest in it after season 6. You should give Rome a try ... I reckon you'd love it if you like good quality TV. It has everything ... sex, violence, and Polly Walker ...

http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Galleries/Shows/M_R/Ri_Rp/Rome/season2/rome28.jpg

... of whom you will see a lot more (as in more of her :D) on Rome than you will on Caprica.There is only one real problem with Rome historically. There is not NEARLY enough sex in the show for it to be historically accurate. Hut it really is a terrific show.

Speedy
03-27-2010, 10:43 PM
Didn't the season four finale of Lost have the best TV fight of all time when Sayeed got his ass kicked by that big mercenary?

noonwitch
03-29-2010, 08:56 AM

... of whom you will see a lot more (as in more of her :D) on Rome than you will on Caprica.

Rome was an awesome show, they even tied up all the loose ends well when it got canceled prematurely.

PoliCon
03-29-2010, 05:44 PM
Rome was an awesome show, they even tied up all the loose ends well when it got canceled prematurely.

:confused: Canceled prematurely? It was scheduled for one season - they added a second and really never planned to go beyond that - ALTHOUGH I hear they are planning a movie . . . .

Wei Wu Wei
03-29-2010, 05:56 PM
Well if you're one of the few who hasn't seen The Sopranos, fix that immediately.

The Pacific started 3 weeks ago, catch up quick it is excellent.

hmm, a little different but the Discovery channel's new Life miniseries is awe inspiring.

Check out Errol Morris' First Person (on dvd now) for the best documentary-based series ever.

marinejcksn
03-30-2010, 04:00 PM
24 is the only tv show that's caught my interest in years. But this last season
I believe the writers are just burned out and tired. It's losing my interest in it.

I'm actually loving this season of 24. I think it's a fitting end to the series and the last 10 episodes look kick arse. Can't wait for the movie on the big screen.

Still, 24 peaked at Season 4 in my opinion. :cool:

ironhorsedriver
03-31-2010, 09:13 AM
"Heros". My son's got me catching up on it. Kinda like LOST, you end up scratching your head after each episode.