PDA

View Full Version : ST-TNG "Descent" (1993) and today

voiceoflg
03-27-2010, 04:04 PM
Now I know why the middle left and middle voted for Obama.

Borg "Hugh" - "You probably can't imagine whst it is like to be so lost and frightened that you will listen to any voice which promises change."

Worf - "Even if that voice insists on controlling you."

The moderates should have been careful what they wished for.

Rockntractor
03-27-2010, 04:26 PM
Now I know why the middle left and middle voted for Obama.

Borg "Hugh" - "You probably can't imagine whst it is like to be so lost and frightened that you will listen to any voice which promises change."

Worf - "Even if that voice insists on controlling you."

The moderates should have been careful what they wished for.
Not enough info.

lacarnut
03-27-2010, 07:18 PM
Not enough info.

Although more info might cause the meaning to get distorted.:eek:

Wei Wu Wei
03-27-2010, 11:05 PM
Actually when people feel panicked and disoriented (like after the financial crises), they are more likely to revert back "to the roots" of their ideology, becoming more fundamentalist in what they previously believed.

Rockntractor
03-27-2010, 11:07 PM
Actually when people feel panicked and disoriented (like after the financial crises), they are more likely to revert back "to the roots" of their ideology, becoming more fundamentalist in what they previously believed.
http://www.cakechannel.com/images/fruit-cake1.gif

djones520
03-27-2010, 11:08 PM
Rock, if his postings bother you so much that you have to follow him around in every thread to post inane pictures, why not just put him on ignore?

Rockntractor
03-27-2010, 11:11 PM
Rock, if his postings bother you so much that you have to follow him around in every thread to post inane pictures, why not just put him on ignore?
Why not just mind your own business!

djones520
03-27-2010, 11:12 PM
Why not just mind your own business!

Excuse me for prying. Go back to your stalking. :rolleyes:

Sonnabend
03-28-2010, 12:27 AM
Excuse me for prying. Go back to your stalking.DJones, Rock happens to be well within his rights, and as a mod, it is not your concern what he posts here. It isnt against CU rules...so back off.

djones520
03-28-2010, 12:36 AM
DJones, Rock happens to be well within his rights, and as a mod, it is not your concern what he posts here. It isnt against CU rules...so back off.

Sonna, chill the hell out. I wasn't doing anything as a "Mod". I asked a question, nothing more. :rolleyes:

Sonnabend
03-28-2010, 12:37 AM
Sonna, chill the hell out. I wasn't doing anything as a "Mod". I asked a question, nothing more

Ahem.

Excuse me for prying. Go back to your stalking.

:rolleyes:

djones520
03-28-2010, 12:42 AM
Ahem.

:rolleyes:

Your point? Am I deleting is posts, locking threads, or anything else like that? Nope, just asking a question, then stating an opinion after his response.

Try to go bully someone else now.

Edit: Just so you don't get butthurt about the last remark, that is also just a statement of my personal opinion. Not an official action as a moderator :rolleyes:

Sonnabend
03-28-2010, 12:44 AM
I am sorry, was I bullying you? I was under the impression that I was disagreeing with your accusation of Rock being a "stalker" :rolleyes:

And as I seem to recall, I was accused of the same thing because I was a moderator. I find it highly amusing that I am a "bully" for calling you on an unfounded accusation.

I am not a mod any more but because I disagree I am a "bully"....as I seem to recall, you were strangely silent on the vicious attacks on me by an ADMIN, i.e Gator. You never said a word....but you do now. Did you call HIM on it? Ever?

Where was your indignation then?

He gets silence and I am a "bully"...okay that makes sense.

Not.

Do the words "double standard" mean anything to you? Hm? I have screencaps of a lot of it, Odysseus can also attest to Gator's vitriol...but I'm the bully.

Got it.:rolleyes:

Rockntractor
03-28-2010, 01:28 AM
Your point? Am I deleting is posts, locking threads, or anything else like that? Nope, just asking a question, then stating an opinion after his response.

Try to go bully someone else now.

Edit: Just so you don't get butthurt about the last remark, that is also just a statement of my personal opinion. Not an official action as a moderator :rolleyes:

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/high_horse.jpg?t=1269757665

Sonnabend
03-28-2010, 01:51 AM
Trouble with djones is, he is measuring me by American standards. I dont mince words and I am blunt and to the point. By Aussie standards, I am being POLITE. :D

Example: the day Obama was inaugurated, we watched it on the TV, and from behind me came a short pithy comment "What a wanker", with a wave of laughter that followed. I doubt anyone in the US would have dared say that aloud.

In public.

That, I am told, is "vulgar" by US PC standards.

S'a pity....maybe that's something you lot can learn from us.

Speedy
03-28-2010, 03:13 AM

The ignore button is for pussies.

AmPat
03-28-2010, 10:51 AM
Wee Willy Wanker never responds to me, maybe I'm on ignore? I'm SOOooo not dissapointed.

Lager
03-28-2010, 11:09 AM

That was a brilliant idea. To cleverly blow the financial crisis so out of proportion, that the average person felt so much panic. The great depression took several years, if not decades to play itself out. yet, I look around and see stock prices up, earnings growing, spending increasing, and some modest growth after only a year or so since dire warnings about falling off a cliff, the worst crisis ever, desperate actions needed etc...

It was a ploy, used as an excuse to justify and pave the way for the biggest power grab by government since the 30s.

Apache
03-28-2010, 01:51 PM

Clue: It ain't over yet.

Clue 2: Crisis