PDA

View Full Version : Earth Hour - Lots of Pics

SarasotaRepub
03-27-2010, 10:01 PM
JHC, what a fucking waste of time and energy. (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8034952)

So far, the dipshits love it. :rolleyes:

Kadie http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/donor.gif (1000+ posts) Sat Mar-27-10 10:13 PM
Original message Earth Hour - Lots of Pics

I won't bring the pics over, look it you want to. Stupid bullshit like this does not impress me in the least.

Speedy
03-27-2010, 10:28 PM
I called a bunch of my mom's old friends and had them turn on all their lights. I told them it was an anti-Obama gesture. I turned mine on as well. As it was elequently put inside the hull of the Battlestar Galactica, "Frack Earth!"

Sonnabend
03-28-2010, 12:39 AM
RC Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Mar-27-10 10:48 PM
Response to Original message
4. A whole lot less light pollution

Why are we so afraid of the dark that we feel we need to keep everything lit up like day?

The criminals. Duh :rolleyes:

PoliCon
03-28-2010, 07:53 AM
The criminals. Duh :rolleyes:

That and it looks nicer.

Apocalypse
03-28-2010, 10:13 AM
JHC, what a fucking waste of time and energy. (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8034952)

So far, the dipshits love it. :rolleyes:

I won't bring the pics over, look it you want to. Stupid bullshit like this does not impress me in the least.
Earth Hour? So its down to an hour now from a full day? What will it be next year... Earth Minute?

Bubba Dawg
03-28-2010, 10:33 AM
Otter: ... I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.

D-Day: Let's do it.

Bluto: *Letís do it*!

Turning out the lights for earth hour reminded me of this.....

NJCardFan
03-28-2010, 12:03 PM
These morons apparently don't realize that there is a slight spike in energy use when lights are first turned on so this act actually ends up using more energy then they think they're saving.

Kay
03-28-2010, 12:08 PM
It was worth looking at the pictures, some really neat places shown.
Makes me realize how badly I need a good vacation.

NJCardFan
03-28-2010, 12:12 PM
It was worth looking at the pictures, some really neat places shown.
Makes me realize how badly I need a good vacation.

There are plenty of neat places in this country to see. Fuck the rest of the world. I will never travel outside the country again. They hate my country then they hate my tourist dollars too.

Kay
03-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Mostly agree - I've traveled all over the US extensively and have been to most of the 50 states, except for Alaska and Hawaii, and there are still many places here in the US I'd like to see.

But there's a lot of places in Europe I'd like to visit to. I love visiting historical sites and museums. I'd love to see the beaches of Normandy one day, and float down the steet in Vienna. I may show up on Sonnabend's doorstep one of these days in Australia. I'm way overdue for my next big adventure.

linda22003
03-28-2010, 12:41 PM
Mostly agree - I've traveled all over the US extensively and have been to most of the 50 states, except for Alaska and Hawaii, and there are still many places here in the US I'd like to see.

But there's a lot of places in Europe I'd like to visit to. I love visiting historical sites and museums. I'd love to see the beaches of Normandy one day, and float down the steet in Vienna.

I've never seen Vienna that flooded. Could you possibly mean.... Venice?

linda22003
03-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Pandas at the Brandenburg Gate. Now I've seen everything.

Kay
03-28-2010, 12:54 PM
I've never seen Vienna that flooded. Could you possibly mean.... Venice?

Oh yes, thanks for that correction.
I meant Venice, Italy. And Rome would be neat to see also. And Vienna too!

If I ever win the lottery, that's where I'll blow all the money.
I'd just travel till it ran out. :cool:

Articulate_Ape
03-28-2010, 01:00 PM
I just observed Earth Second. I thought you should all know that so you can thank me.

movie buff
03-28-2010, 08:30 PM
Hey DUmmies and other eco- freaks, want to know what I did yesterday?
That afternoon, I drove to see my best friend, who lives two hours away (I wonder what my carbon footprint for that trip would be? Actually, I don't care, because I'm not some eco- freak who obsesses over such things). That evening, we went to an awesome rock concert, Toby Mac and Skillet. While you were sanctimoniously turning off everything modern to recognize "Earth Hour," I was in a heavily- lit ampitheater with pyrotechnics and a massive sound system (I can just imagine the electric bill for all that), rocking out to Skillet and having the time of my life!

Rockntractor
03-28-2010, 08:33 PM
I just observed Earth Second. I thought you should all know that so you can thank me.

Thank you.

PoliCon
03-28-2010, 08:53 PM
I recently found out how the electric company bills businesses. Apparently, they base the rate they charge a business off of the highest consumption day for the month. SO if on the 31st day of the month the business uses twice as much electricity as they do the whole rest of the month - they get charged as if they used the same amount of electricity every day of the month as they used on the 31st. So - if I owned a business - what would it benefit me to NOT light up my business at night?

SarasotaRepub
03-28-2010, 09:14 PM
Hey DUmmies and other eco- freaks, want to know what I did yesterday?
That afternoon, I drove to see my best friend, who lives two hours away (I wonder what my carbon footprint for that trip would be? Actually, I don't care, because I'm not some eco- freak who obsesses over such things). That evening, we went to an awesome rock concert, Toby Mac and Skillet. While you were sanctimoniously turning off everything modern to recognize "Earth Hour," I was in a heavily- lit ampitheater with pyrotechnics and a massive sound system (I can just imagine the electric bill for all that), rocking out to Skillet and having the time of my life!

Well done!! :D

Rockntractor
03-28-2010, 09:41 PM
I recently found out how the electric company bills businesses. Apparently, they base the rate they charge a business off of the highest consumption day for the month. SO if on the 31st day of the month the business uses twice as much electricity as they do the whole rest of the month - they get charged as if they used the same amount of electricity every day of the month as they used on the 31st. So - if I owned a business - what would it benefit me to NOT light up my business at night?
I have a residential account for my house and a commercial account for the truck yard and rock yard. On both of them they charge me per kilowatt hour used.

PoliCon
03-28-2010, 09:52 PM
I have a residential account for my house and a commercial account for the truck yard and rock yard. On both of them they charge me per kilowatt hour used.

Well maybe it's something they only do in this area - but that's how my Church gets billed.

Rockntractor
03-28-2010, 11:09 PM
Well maybe it's something they only do in this area - but that's how my Church gets billed.
It would be controlled by the corporation commission in your state.

rjas77
03-29-2010, 01:16 AM
Looks like the entire country of North Korea celebrated Earth Hour

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Mpd1ozuoa64/S61MLIMmt5I/AAAAAAAAB14/Ua1NZAuMm74/s1600/N+v+S+Korea.jpg

PoliCon
03-29-2010, 06:55 AM
Looks like the entire country of North Korea celebrated Earth Hour

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Mpd1ozuoa64/S61MLIMmt5I/AAAAAAAAB14/Ua1NZAuMm74/s1600/N+v+S+Korea.jpg

The left will not be happy until we all live like the Norks. The elites in their ivory towers and the rest of us in mud huts.