PDA

View Full Version : Why do they hate him so?

Elspeth
03-28-2010, 10:33 PM
Sniff!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=433x251414

Lots of pics with Barry lording it over soldiers in Afghanistan. (You know a lot of them were gritting their teeth.)

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/08aye0t2lrf2n/x610.jpg

And the comments:

HowHasItComeToThis (1000+ posts) Sun Mar-28-10 07:22 PM
Response to Reply #2
66. BARRACK WILL TAKE THE ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY AWAY FROM THE REPUBS

HA HA HA

saltpoint (1000+ posts) Sun Mar-28-10 07:25 PM
Response to Reply #66
68. Obama is a good man and people pick that up about him.

Hes bringing a lot to the table. A very sharp mind and a genuinely good heart.

It's going to be very difficult for any of the potential GOP 2012 prez candidates to claim that turf on those terms.

Cirque du So-What (1000+ posts) Sun Mar-28-10 01:25 PM
Response to Original message
5. Somebody ventured over to freepville a short time ago

and posted freep comments to the effect that 'caucasian soldiers' would attempt to frag our President, and that the troops are 'repulsed by his touch.' Suck it, freeps. Suck it HARD!

smoogatz (1000+ posts) Sun Mar-28-10 01:39 PM

11. If I was in the military, the president I'd hate

would be the one who sent me and my buddies of to kill or be killed for no good reason. There have been several of those in my lifetime, including LBJ and Nixon--but the most recent truly egregious offender was George W. Bush, who never did manage to actually articulate his reasons for getting all those people killed and wounded in Iraq, at least in public.

saltpoint (1000+ posts) Sun Mar-28-10 01:49 PM
14. It just really works that a Democratic President has such ease with the

men and women in the armed forces. It really works that he drops in unannounced of course, and by all appearances is as glad to see the soldiers as they are to see him.

I look over the soldiers' faces in these photos and read them as an abiding earnestness. It matters to them that he has come to speak to them. It matters to Obama that they are serving far from home in a dangerous place.

In the photo with Obama's foot up on the white rail, there's an engagement of spirit. Small 's' but very strong, it seems to me. The one soldier standing and clapping strikes me as a very authentic response. Is he supposed to be demure and official or is he allowed to express his appreciation and respect? I don't know. But he's clapping, and I can almost hear it.

Obama must have been possessed of the same ability to engage when he worked as a community organizer right out of college. Right after college, with his creds he could have waltzed into a big corporate law firm but instead returned to greater Chicago to work the neighborhoods, to build community.

SarasotaRepub
03-29-2010, 07:12 AM
saltpoint http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/donor.gif (1000+ posts) Sun Mar-28-10 04:49 PM
Response to Original message (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=433x251414#251414)

14. It just really works that a Democratic President has such ease with the men and women in the armed forces. It really works that he drops in unannounced of course, and by all appearances is as glad to see the soldiers as they are to see him.

I look over the soldiers' faces in these photos and read them as an abiding earnestness. It matters to them that he has come to speak to them. It matters to Obama that they are serving far from home in a dangerous place.

In the photo with Obama's foot up on the white rail, there's an engagement of spirit. Small 's' but very strong, it seems to me. The one soldier standing and clapping strikes me as a very authentic response. Is he supposed to be demure and official or is he allowed to express his appreciation and respect? I don't know. But he's clapping, and I can almost hear it.

Obama must have been possessed of the same ability to engage when he worked as a community organizer right out of college. Right after college, with his creds he could have waltzed into a big corporate law firm but instead returned to greater Chicago to work the neighborhoods, to build community.

The only part salty gets right is his 1st sentence.
The rest is just Obama hero whore ship. :rolleyes:

And salty hits the nail on the head with the comment in red (my bolding :D)

And we all remember the DUmps's reaction when W made these trips.

PoliCon
03-29-2010, 08:11 AM
They hardly seem overly enthused . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR3ttb4hH0g

They're not cheering Obama - They're cheering what he says about THEM, about AMERICA and about their leaders on the ground. :rolleyes:

Sonnabend
03-29-2010, 08:33 AM
"The two of them have paired up"...well yes, Barry, a pair usually is two people

DUH :rolleyes:

asdf2231
03-29-2010, 09:46 AM
He looks like a fucking idiot in that jacket. :rolleyes:

ralph wiggum
03-29-2010, 10:10 AM
He looks like a fucking idiot in that jacket. :rolleyes:

Racist! :D

Pulpfishin
03-29-2010, 04:57 PM
Racist! :D

OK- He looks like a fucking RACIST idiot in that jacket.

Elspeth
04-01-2010, 12:28 AM
OK- He looks like a fucking RACIST idiot in that jacket.

ROFLMAO!!:D

AmPat
04-01-2010, 09:31 AM
Even the military has a percentage of morons. It is approximately the same percentage as those who whoreship the O Blah Blah and wanted health care reform shoved down their throats.:rolleyes:

Trust me OBlah Blah minions, the military does not like this guy.:cool: