PDA

View Full Version : Christian Militia Members Arrested:

Megaguns91
03-29-2010, 10:09 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/28/militia.arrests/index.html?hpt=T2

(CNN) -- Federal authorities plan to unseal charges Monday against several people arrested in a series of weekend raids in Michigan, Ohio and Indiana, prosecutors in Detroit said Sunday.

At least seven people were arrested on charges that were under seal over the weekend, a law enforcement source said Sunday.

Gina Balaya, spokeswoman for the U.S attorney's office in Detroit, said those charges will be revealed during a federal court hearing Monday.

Mike Lackomar, a county leader for the Southeast Michigan Volunteer Militia, said the target of the raid was a Christian militia group called the Hutaree. The group proclaims on a Web site that it is "preparing for the end time battles to keep the testimony of Jesus Christ alive."

The FBI would disclose no details of the raids. The law enforcement source told CNN the arrests were unrelated to any terrorist plot. The source would not confirm Hutaree members were among those arrested, but said the suspects were not planning attacks against government targets and the raids were unrelated to recent threats against members of Congress.

At least two arrests were made in Huron and Sandusky, Ohio, but the case is being handled out of Detroit, said Scott Wilson, an FBI spokesman in Cleveland.

Lackomar, who cited the FBI for his information, said several Hutaree members were arrested at a wake for one of the group. He said the Hutaree group trained with his organization "on a couple of occasions in years past," but his group stopped about a year ago, after the Hutaree had an "issue" with federal firearms regulators. He did not elaborate.

Lackomar called the Hutaree a "religious militant group" with about a dozen members, who scattered as news of the raids spread over the weekend.

He told CNN his own group is aimed at "aiding the community in times of emergency" and had nothing to do with the raids.

There's more on foxnews, as well.
Any thoughts on this?

Rockntractor
03-29-2010, 10:29 AM
Coming soon to your doorstep.

Megaguns91
03-29-2010, 10:32 AM
My thoughts exactly, what with Obama now in charge of the patriot act and the FBI, NSA, ect categorizing each and every gun owning conservative American as a "person of interest" on the terrorism watchlist. Where will this stop?

Gingersnap
03-29-2010, 10:50 AM
Does anyone know why they were arrested? :confused:

Rockntractor
03-29-2010, 10:55 AM
That is sealed.

FlaGator
03-29-2010, 10:58 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/28/militia.arrests/index.html?hpt=T2

There's more on foxnews, as well.
Any thoughts on this?

I'm am not sure I would call them Christians any more that I think that Westbro Baptist Church is a Christian fellowship.

NJCardFan
03-29-2010, 11:39 AM

Apparently they were plotting to kill police officers in a first offensive in it's fight against the gubment. At least that's what Fox News is reporting.

Gingersnap
03-29-2010, 12:23 PM
Apparently they were plotting to kill police officers in a first offensive in it's fight against the gubment. At least that's what Fox News is reporting.

Watercooler talk is split 50/50. Half think they had it coming and the other half think the Feebs are lying through their teeth.

FlaGator
03-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Watercooler talk is split 50/50. Half think they had it coming and the other half think the Feebs are lying through their teeth.

And there is a good chance that both halves are right.

Gingersnap
03-29-2010, 12:34 PM
And there is a good chance that both halves are right.

I'd agree with that! :D

Rockntractor
03-29-2010, 01:00 PM
Evey time they will be Christian/conservative wackos and than one day there will be a knock on the door and you will be the wacko.

noonwitch
03-29-2010, 03:02 PM

The local media was reporting this morning that there were weapons violations involved, but that everything else was sealed (probably due to the multi-state law enforcement that was involved).

The part of Michigan that they were looking at is southwest of Ann Arbor, but north of the Ohio state line-the Adrian/Clinton area. It's a pretty part of Michigan-hilly, lots of little lakes and farms. I used to have to visit delinquents at Adrian Training School (now closed) and at Boysville, a private, catholic program. We used to love going to those places in the summer, because we could buy all kinds of farm-fresh produce from roadside stands along the way.

Michigan International Speedway is in that general area, as is a great state park (Irish Hills).

linda22003
03-30-2010, 10:37 AM
"Captain Hutaree", indeed. These guys act like such badasses online, and look pretty pathetic in court.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2010/0329/Who-is-David-Brian-Stone-leader-of-the-Hutaree-militia

asdf2231
03-30-2010, 12:59 PM
"Captain Hutaree", indeed. These guys act like such bad asses on line, and look pretty pathetic in court.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2010/0329/Who-is-David-Brian-Stone-leader-of-the-Hutaree-militia

“They have extreme antigovernment beliefs. They have rage and hatred for the federal government. They fear being put in FEMA concentration camps. They’re really paramilitary organizations.”

So apparently a good chunk of the Democrat party and pretty much ALL of DU were paramilitary organizations for the 8 years that GWB was in office? :D

(On Edit)

Chances are this will string out long enough to either prop up some bullshit legislation to keep us all "Safe" or will trail off into "Thank God We Were Here" speeches. Until enough of the charges get dropped or plead down to class A misdemeanors in exchange for testemony that will circumstancially convict one or two people on a vague "Conspiracy" charge that will either get knocked down on appeal or result in someone being a local celebrity in a Federal pen for about two years. Thats if they didnt perform enough procedural eff-ups in carrying this stuff out and in the use of their informants that the Govt. winds up shelling out a few million for kicking down some woods running survivalist religious nutjob's 57$ hollow-core double wide door.

noonwitch
03-30-2010, 01:11 PM
So apparantly a good chunk of the Democrat party and pretty much ALL of DU were paramilitary organizations for the 8 years that GWB was in office? :D

Perhaps...except paramilitary training really doesn't appeal to most DUers. It involves putting down the bong and getting up off the couch.

If these guys were really plotting to take out cops, they should have been busted. The posters at Free Rpublic already appear to have decided this is an example of the Obama administration arresting and harrassing innocent christians because they oppose the Obama presidency.

The feds should infiltrate Code Pink, because some of their publicity stunts danger the public. I really don't know what they were trying to accomplish by attempting a citizen's arrest on Rove, other than publicity-seeking and narcississtic martyrdom. The dangerous environmental terrorist groups don't really have anything to do with the Democratic Party or the organized left. They're nihilists, and dumb-asses, and I assume that the FBI or some other LEO is watching them closely.

asdf2231
03-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Perhaps...except paramilitary training really doesn't appeal to most DUers. It involves putting down the bong and getting up off the couch.

If these guys were really plotting to take out cops, they should have been busted. The posters at Free Rpublic already appear to have decided this is an example of the Obama administration arresting and harrassing innocent christians because they oppose the Obama presidency.

The feds should infiltrate Code Pink, because some of their publicity stunts danger the public. I really don't know what they were trying to accomplish by attempting a citizen's arrest on Rove, other than publicity-seeking and narcississtic martyrdom. The dangerous environmental terrorist groups don't really have anything to do with the Democratic Party or the organized left. They're nihilists, and dumb-asses, and I assume that the FBI or some other LEO is watching them closely.

I would agree. The fact of the matter is though that for every McVee in OKC there are about a million ignorant bubbahs who shoot their mouths off and play Beer Cooler Commando in the woods on weekends they arent otherwise occupied making some formerly hot cheerleaders life a continual dissapointment. :D

linda22003
03-30-2010, 01:16 PM
I would agree. The fact of the matter is though that for every McVee in OKC there are about a million ignorant bubbahs who shoot their mouths off and play Beer Cooler Commando in the woods on weekends they arent otherwise occupied making some formerly hot cheerleaders life a continual dissapointment. :D

Mullets are a warning sign.

Jfor
03-30-2010, 04:30 PM
I want to know why they are continuously called a "Christian" militia? Why is that Christianity seems to be what the media is hyping about? As if Christians are folks you should watch out for. You hardly ever hear the media talk about Islamic militias yet there are several around this country. Why are we not going after them? They plot everyday to kill cops and non-Muslims.

lacarnut
03-30-2010, 08:32 PM
I want to know why they are continuously called a "Christian" militia? Why is that Christianity seems to be what the media is hyping about? As if Christians are folks you should watch out for. You hardly ever hear the media talk about Islamic militias yet there are several around this country. Why are we not going after them? They plot everyday to kill cops and non-Muslims.

When these Islamic nut bags start blowing up shit in DC & NYC, the media might. However, it seems that the media is in bed with them. Their hatred of anything Christian is obvious. One day they will get the corn holing they deserve though.

noonwitch
03-31-2010, 09:55 AM

In this particular case, the christian term is used because that is part of what the group's claims about itself are. They claimed that they were preparing to fight the anti-christ and keep the message of Jesus Christ alive during the end times.

Obviously, they don't believe in a pre-tribulation rapture.

FlaGator
03-31-2010, 10:13 AM
In this particular case, the christian term is used because that is part of what the group's claims about itself are. They claimed that they were preparing to fight the anti-christ and keep the message of Jesus Christ alive during the end times.

Obviously they don't believe in just about everything in the New Testament.

Jfor
03-31-2010, 12:38 PM

Right. But you have to look hard and usually towards Fox News whenever these muslims are caught doing the same thing. The difference is, you do not hear Islamic or Muslim mentioned about them. You know they are Muslim because of their names. That is what I am getting at. It is ok for the MSM to say Christianity is the problem, but it is not ok for them to say that Islam is problem.