PDA

View Full Version : How did you fill out your census?

Rebel Yell
03-30-2010, 09:47 AM
I just finished filling mine out. Should be interesting.

Rusty Shackleford ( American-American)

linda22003
03-30-2010, 10:32 AM
With a black pen. I considered blue, but went with black.

Apocalypse
03-30-2010, 10:52 AM
I never got one.

Megaguns91
03-30-2010, 10:57 AM
I never got one.

Me either.

Gingersnap
03-30-2010, 11:42 AM
I can't fill mine out until Thursday. Who knows how many random people will be living in my home between now and April 1st? :confused:

lacarnut
03-30-2010, 03:37 PM
Question about phone # , can we call you. Answer, no you can not call me

Question about whether I rent, own, etc. Answer, not applicable to census.

I filled out the rest of it.

lacarnut
03-30-2010, 03:40 PM
I can't fill mine out until Thursday. Who knows how many random people will be living in my home between now and April 1st? :confused:

You might also pick up a puppy or kitty between now and then which also changes your deduction status:rolleyes::)

Novaheart
03-30-2010, 03:46 PM
I just finished filling mine out. Should be interesting.

Rusty Shackleford ( American-American)

Checked Race: Other wrote in Celtic.

I didn't think it was fair that there were several nationalities listed for other races, but black people and white people only got to choose a macro race and/or hispanic.

I think it would have been better if the race question had been:

Check one or more nationalities which best describes your primary or most obvious nationality. And then list all the nations/tribes they could think of.

Not only would it be more accurate, it would be more interesting.

marinejcksn
03-30-2010, 03:48 PM
Number of people in Home: 2

First Name: Nunya

Last Name: Business

Race: Human

Ethnicity: American

That is all. :D

Jfor
03-30-2010, 04:34 PM
Got mine last week. Haven't filled it out yet. It is a long single page that unfolded would be 3 pages. Only gonna put my name and how many people live there. That is all they need to know.

patriot45
03-30-2010, 06:59 PM
Got mine last week. Haven't filled it out yet. It is a long single page that unfolded would be 3 pages. Only gonna put my name and how many people live there. That is all they need to know.

Thats what its supposed to be about! I love the phone # question!! Like I want them to call me!

I just gave them how many and our names, thats all that matters. Didn't fill in the race question.

fettpett
03-30-2010, 09:04 PM
i'm kinda torn, I'm huge into Geanology and the past Census' have been great for finding family memebers. There has been litterally NO other way to find some of them without it.

BUT on the flip side. I don't want to give them this info...or at lest not a lot of it..../sigh

Rockntractor
03-30-2010, 09:09 PM
I don't remember seeing it in the mail. I may have thrown it out or Wally shredded it or something.

PoliCon
03-30-2010, 09:11 PM
My wife is enumerating for them and she reports that you only have to give partial answers to half of the first group of questions to count as having filled it out completely. So we did our first names, our ages, gave human as our race, answered that we are not Hispanic, and that's it.

Rockntractor
03-30-2010, 09:14 PM
My wife is enumerating for them and she reports that you only have to give partial answers to half of the first group of questions to count as having filled it out completely. So we did our first names, our ages, gave human as our race, answered that we are not Hispanic, and that's it.
Don't you mean your mom?:confused:

Gingersnap
03-30-2010, 09:15 PM
i'm kinda torn, I'm huge into Geanology and the past Census' have been great for finding family memebers. There has been litterally NO other way to find some of them without it.

BUT on the flip side. I don't want to give them this info...or at lest not a lot of it..../sigh

There will be way, way too much information on ancestors in the future. A hundred years ago the census and land sale documents were the primary "documentation" for a lot of rural people. Today, they record everything.

The challenge will be maintaining the platforms to read the data.

PoliCon
03-30-2010, 09:18 PM
Don't you mean your mom?:confused:

umm . . . . no. It was decided years ago - my sister gets my mother. My brother gets my father. And I get to live free. :p