PDA

View Full Version : A Maundy Thursday Poll

FlaGator
04-01-2010, 08:04 AM
It's a award winning day here in Florida. No rain and temps in the low 80s

TOTD: I thought I'd create a poll for today. Sonna is of the opinion that I can not communicate well. With that in mind I thought I'd put forth the question. Who is a better communicator FlaGator or Sonnabend.

djones520
04-01-2010, 08:11 AM
I am abstaining from this poll for lack of a "Teh JOOOOOOSSSS!!!!!" option. This is a Lounge thread after all. :D

linda22003
04-01-2010, 08:16 AM
I have to vote for Sonna, since FlaGator set up a poll in which one choice was "THE both suck." :rolleyes:

FlaGator
04-01-2010, 08:24 AM
And after all the good things I've said about you. I should go sonna on you now.

linda22003
04-01-2010, 08:35 AM
Hey, I'm not the one who mangled a simple four letter word by turning it into a THREE letter word. :p

FlaGator
04-01-2010, 08:37 AM
Hey, I'm not the one who mangled a simple four letter word by turning it into a THREE letter word. :p

My 'yy' key is giving me problems.

Rockntractor
04-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Sorry Flagator, in most cases you communicate your point just fine but I have never had an instance where I had to guess at what Sonnabend was trying to say. He may be blunt at times but his point is clear!:D

FlaGator
04-01-2010, 10:02 AM
Sorry Flagator, in most cases you communicate your point just fine but I have never had an instance where I had to guess at what Sonnabend was trying to say. He may be blunt at times but his point is clear!:D

I was thinking more along the lines of his agressiveness when posting as a bad communication skill. It tends to shut people off and meaningful communication stops.

But your point is well taking and I truly appreciate it and will work on making myself clearer.

Apache
04-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Where the heck is the JOOOOOSSSS option? What kind of shoddy poll is this?

:D

Apache
04-01-2010, 10:08 AM
I am abstaining from this poll for lack of a "Teh JOOOOOOSSSS!!!!!" option. This is a Lounge thread after all. :D

Doh!

Shoulda read the thread first :o

djones520
04-01-2010, 10:15 AM
I was thinking more along the lines of his agressiveness when posting as a bad communication skill. It tends to shut people off and meaningful communication stops.

But your point is well taking and I truly appreciate it and will work on making myself clearer.

well taking? :p

FlaGator
04-01-2010, 12:26 PM
I'm just going to go away for a while.

Megaguns91
04-01-2010, 12:29 PM

:eek:
April fools!

Apache
04-01-2010, 12:34 PM
:eek:
April fools!

Nope, you ain't gettin' me with that old trick...:cool:

Doh! :eek:

AmPat
04-01-2010, 12:39 PM
I have to vote for Sonna, since FlaGator set up a poll in which one choice was "THE both suck." :rolleyes:

He meant "Thee."

Apache
04-01-2010, 12:43 PM
He meant "Thee."

Are you sure it wasn't "thy"?

PoliCon
04-01-2010, 01:24 PM

You asked for a ribbing posting this poll - don't take it personal that you're getting one.

FlaGator
04-01-2010, 01:55 PM
You asked for a ribbing posting this poll - don't take it personal that you're getting one.

I was just joking... I guess I should have used a smiley face.

djones520
04-01-2010, 02:03 PM

Your ability to communicate has just been abysmal in this thread. :p

Apache
04-01-2010, 02:10 PM

emocons are yer friend!:D

FlaGator
04-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Your ability to communicate has just been abysmal in this thread. :p

It's the Lord teaching me not to be so critical of others by being on the blunt in of critiques that I called down on myself... At least that is how I'm looking at it. :)

Gingersnap
04-01-2010, 04:56 PM
I went with FlaGator but the lack of a Joooos! option does give me pause. We do have some standards here in the Lounge, you know. :p

FlaGator
04-01-2010, 05:01 PM
I went with FlaGator but the lack of a Joooos! option does give me pause. We do have some standards here in the Lounge, you know. :p

Thank you, I will attempt to do better in the future when I create polls.

Gingersnap
04-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Thank you, I will attempt to do better in the future when I create polls.

You're Welcome!

(I live to serve....:D)

patriot45
04-01-2010, 10:01 PM
You're Welcome!

(I live to serve....:D)

I had to go with FlaGator too. I'm sorry but Sonna is the master of copy and paste and the in your face, I am right and you can sod off If you don't agree type posts. A very abrasive style against a reasonable see both sides of the story debate.

Bubba Dawg
04-01-2010, 10:12 PM
I read and appreciate the thoughts and styles of both you guys even on those rarest of occasions when one or the other of you is completely full of shit. :)

Rockntractor
04-01-2010, 10:13 PM
I had to go with FlaGator too. I'm sorry but Sonna is the master of copy and paste and the in your face, I am right and you can sod off If you don't agree type posts. A very abrasive style against a reasonable see both sides of the story debate.

I never could understand the references to rolled cut lawn grass.:confused:
http://www.enhancescape.com/photos/sod_hydro_seeding/sod_landing.jpg

patriot45
04-01-2010, 10:18 PM
I never could understand the references to rolled cut lawn grass.:confused:
http://www.enhancescape.com/photos/sod_hydro_seeding/sod_landing.jpg

Sod off you wanker! :D

Rockntractor
04-01-2010, 10:23 PM
Sod off you wanker! :D

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/dont-be-a-wanker.jpg?t=1270174976

Megaguns91
04-01-2010, 10:29 PM
I like both Sonna and Flagator. They both have their own personal preferences and if it came down to the wire I would have to say that both of you a guys to be appreciated.

Regardless of how much you may grow to dislike eachother, I love you both equally, boys. :p Now fetch me a scoth and water. :D

patriot45
04-01-2010, 10:31 PM
I like both Sonna and Flagator. They both have their own personal preferences and if it came down to the wire I would have to say that both of you a guys to be appreciated.

Regardless of how much you may grow to dislike eachother, I love you both equally, boys. :p Now fetch me a scoth and water. :D

No! You have to pick and piss one of them off!

;):D

Kay
04-01-2010, 11:18 PM
It's the Lord teaching me not to be so critical of others by being on the blunt in of critiques that I called down on myself... At least that is how I'm looking at it. :)

Since we're critiquing the lad's spelling skills, I thought I'd point out that should be "end"

the in your face, I am right and you can sod off If you don't agree type posts. A very abrasive style against a reasonable see both sides of the story

That is exactly why I had to vote for Sonnabend. I like both equally well and enjoy reading what both have to say in their way, but I am also a person that sees in black and white with zero room for shades of grey area. So I appreciate a sharp and to the point attitude. Some equate bluntness with rudeness, but I don't.

And besides, Sonna writes with that neat Aussie accent.....;)

Rockntractor
04-01-2010, 11:24 PM
And besides, Sonna writes with that neat Aussie accent.....;)

It is not an accent the dude is upside down and his jowls block his vision sometimes!!

patriot45
04-01-2010, 11:32 PM
It is not an accent the dude is upside down and his jowls block his vision sometimes!!

Get your facts straight mate!

jowl (plural jowls)

a fold of fatty flesh under the chin, around the cheeks, or lower jaw (as a dewlap, wattle, crop, or double chin).
cut of fish including the head and adjacent parts

Put this in your shoe and step on it!

A popular misconception is that the Coriolis effect determines the direction in which bathtubs or toilets drain, and whether water always drains in one direction in the Northern Hemisphere, and in the other direction in the Southern Hemisphere. This myth is perpetuated by the Simpsons episode "Bart Vs. Australia." In reality, the Coriolis effect is a few orders of magnitude smaller than other random influences on drain direction, such as the geometry of the sink, toilet, or tub; whether it is flat or tilted; and the direction in which water was initially added to it. Note that toilets typically are designed to only flush in one rotation, by having the flush water enter at an angle.

get with the program you sod wonker!

Just havin fun! :D

Rockntractor
04-01-2010, 11:35 PM
Get your facts straight mate!

Put this in your shoe and step on it!

get with the program you sod wonker!

Just havin fun! :D

He has big hangy jowls from riding kangaroo back!:D

and it's wanker!:rolleyes:

patriot45
04-01-2010, 11:38 PM
He has big hangy jowls from riding kangaroo back!:D

and it's wanker!:rolleyes:

Never ate a Roo! Do you think it tastes like chicken!?

Rockntractor
04-01-2010, 11:41 PM
Never ate a Roo! Do you think it tastes like chicken!?

I have heard they taste a little gamier than a buck deer. If you could castrate them and feed um corn they would probably be alright. I don't know how you would get them to stand still long enough though!

patriot45
04-01-2010, 11:49 PM
I have heard they taste a little gamier than a buck deer. If you could castrate them and feed um corn they would probably be alright. I don't know how you would get them to stand still long enough though!

You shouldn't talk about what you don't know about.

A kangaroo is a marsupial from the family Macropodidae (macropods, meaning 'large foot'). In common use the term is used to describe the largest species from this family, especially those of the genus Macropus, Red Kangaroo, Antilopine Kangaroo, Eastern Grey Kangaroo and Western Grey Kangaroo.[1] Kangaroos are endemic to the continent of Australia. The smaller macropods are found in Australia and New Guinea

I know more about this than you do. Do your own research.

Kangaroo Stew
Ingredients
•1 kilo (2 pound) kangaroo meat diced
•4 rashers of fatty bacon cut into large pieces
•2 large onions diced
•2 large carrots diced
•4 medium potatoes cubed
•50 grams green beans OR
•50grams green peas (frozen, if you must)
•4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
•1 tablespoon butter
•pepper and salt to taste
•garlic
•1 tablespoon flour
•2 tablespoon tomato sauce (ketchup)
•1 dessertspoon Worcestershire sauce (or any you prefer)
Directions:

1.Lightly fry diced kangaroo in butter for 10 min, add diced onions, garlic, bacon,pepper and salt. Fry for another 10 min and put aside.
2.Put all vegetables in 2 litres of water in large saucepan and bring to boil. Cook till tender.
3.Pour off enough water to just leave the vegetables covered.
4.Add kangaroo, bacon, etc. Simmer for 30 min.
5.In a cup, mix the flour with a 1/2 cup water, and add tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
6.Slowly pour the flour mix into the stew, stirring until the mix thickens to a suitable consistency.
7.Add salt and pepper to taste. Serves at least 4.

Read more at Suite101: Australian Food - Kangaroo Meat: Kangaroo Recipes Old and New http://recipes.suite101.com/article.cfm/australian_food_kangaroo_meat#ixzz0juY3AOmf

Oh yeah, I forgot, you got to kill them by hand, we got no guns! :D

Rockntractor
04-01-2010, 11:54 PM
You shouldn't talk about what you don't know about.

I know more about this than you do. Do your own research.

Oh yeah, I forgot, you got to kill them by hand, we got no guns! :D

You do realize they are just big rats with a glove compartment?

patriot45
04-02-2010, 12:01 AM
You do realize they are just big rats with a glove compartment?

Nothing but lies. You neeed to stop drinking the koolaid.

Rats are various medium-sized, long-tailed rodents of the superfamily Muroidea. "True rats" are members of the genus Rattus, the most important of which to humans are the black rat, Rattus rattus, and the brown rat, Rattus norvegicus. Many members of other rodent genera and families are also referred to as rats, and share many characteristics with true rats.

And another misconception, get your facts straight ! You don't even live here and I know more than you do!

A glove compartment or glovebox is a compartment built into the dashboard, located over the front-seat passenger's footwell in an automobile, often used for miscellaneous storage. The name derives from the original purpose of the compartment, to store gloves. In most vehicles, the glove compartment closes with a latch, with the option of being locked with a key (often necessary when using valet service, or when parking while the convertible top is down). Gloves were originally considered necessary equipment in early cars, many without a hard top, to prevent the cooling effect of fast-moving air from numbing drivers' hands.

Get your brain in gear Donk!

Rockntractor
04-02-2010, 12:07 AM
"True rats" are members of the genus Rattus If rats are such geniuses why do the walk right on to sticky traps! Hmmmmm!:rolleyes:

patriot45
04-02-2010, 12:09 AM
If rats ar such geniuses why do the walk right on to sticky traps! Hmmmmm!:rolleyes:

They taste like chicken too! :D

Rockntractor
04-02-2010, 12:11 AM
They taste like chicken too! :D
As long as it's not that anemic boneless crap!. God made chickens with bones and hide.:rolleyes:

patriot45
04-02-2010, 12:16 AM
As long as it's not that anemic boneless crap!. God made chickens with bones and hide.:rolleyes:

I think we are off the beaten path! I still go with FlaGator!

Rockntractor
04-02-2010, 12:17 AM
I think we are off the beaten path! I still go with FlaGator!
Well duh that's where I was headed, i have to go with Jooos!

patriot45
04-02-2010, 12:19 AM

Since Moo has been absent, I think someone should do what he would do in a case like this!

This recipe is for two or three large, fancy rats.

Well season whole, gutted rats with fresh ground sea salt and fresh peppercorn medley. If rinsed in Listerine (never soak!) be sure to rinse thoroughly.

Stuff the cavity with fine pieces of onion, orange or yellow bell pepper, celery and garlic.

Next wrap slices of butcher block, never frozen, thick sliced bacon around the rat, securing with toothpicks or skewers to hold together.

Pour 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil in a roasting pan with Ό cup water, and add rats.

Bake covered at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 2hours 20minutes, or until tender with internal temperature of 180 degrees (355 degrees Kelvin).

Much delicious will soon chase your tongue all around the kitchen with warmth from hearth to placemat without children between or some but not stepped from all over from spectacle olfactory magic happiness.

Optional remove cover for the last 30 minutes in over to allow brown.

Gravy from broth is not recommended because of carbonizing and taste.

Rockntractor
04-02-2010, 12:21 AM
Since Moo has been absent, I think someone should do what he would do in a case like this!
Where the hell is Mr. moo. Did he go on a croooz or something?:confused:

patriot45
04-02-2010, 12:24 AM
Where the hell is Mr. moo. Did he go on a croooz or something?:confused:

He gets time outs here and there! I can't figure out why!?! He keeps it lively!

RobJohnson
04-02-2010, 12:54 AM
If rats are such geniuses why do the walk right on to sticky traps! Hmmmmm!:rolleyes:

I've noticed that Sonnabend has avoided this sticky trap of a thread!

Rockntractor
04-02-2010, 12:57 AM
I've noticed that Sonnabend has avoided this sticky trap of a thread!
Hopped right over it!

patriot45
04-02-2010, 01:02 AM
Hopped right over it!

Whew! I thought I would get schooled! Thank God he missed it! :D

I just noticed, only 13 votes! Alotta chickens! Or Roos!

RobJohnson
04-02-2010, 01:16 AM
Hopped right over it!

http://i31.tinypic.com/okaq3b.gif

Rockntractor
04-02-2010, 01:37 AM
http://www.totalformat.com/gallery/data/4645/kangaroo_smiley_4.gif
Big brother stole your picture!:eek:

Bubba Dawg
04-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Whew! I thought I would get schooled! Thank God he missed it! :D

I just noticed, only 13 votes! Alotta chickens! Or Roos!

Okay, you shamed me into voting.

I went with Sonna as the better communicator. Sorry FG.

You both present really good arguments, but Sonna is so effective in the multi-quote thing (whatever it is...looks like some sort of cut and past device) so that's why I went with him.

You guys remind me of the first Ali-Frazier fight. FlaGator, I see you as Ali. Sonna is Frazier. The multi-quote is Frazier's left hook in the 11th.

Bada Bing, Eh Wot....???:D