PDA

View Full Version : Doctor sends Dem patients away because of Healthcare issue

Carol
04-01-2010, 10:23 PM
link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8071705)

I can't say I blame this doctor. I would imagine the libs are going to be outraged though, if only because it's a conservative doing it instead of the government.

The Backlash Cometh Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Apr-01-10 08:07 PM
Original message
Doctor sends Dem patients away because of Healthcare issue

Mount Dora doctor tells Obama supporters: Go elsewhere

By Stephen Hudak, Orlando Sentinel

7:51 PM EDT, April 1, 2010

MOUNT DORA — A doctor who considers the national health-care overhaul to be bad medicine for the country posted a sign on his office door telling patients who voted for President Barack Obama to seek care "elsewhere."

"I'm not turning anybody away — that would be unethical," Dr. Jack Cassell, 56, a Mount Dora urologist and a registered Republican opposed to the health plan, told the Orlando Sentinel on Thursday. "But if they read the sign and turn the other way, so be it."

The sign reads: "If you voted for Obama…seek urologic care elsewhere. Changes to your healthcare begin right now, not in four years."

Estella Chatman, 67, of Eustis, whose daughter snapped a photo of the typewritten sign, sent the picture to U.S. Rep. Alan Grayson, the Orlando Democrat who riled Republicans last year when he characterized the GOP's idea of health care as, "If you get sick America … Die quickly."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/...
The Backlash Cometh Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Apr-01-10 08:11 PM
Response to Reply #1
5. But seriously,

What doctor can survive around here if he turns away people based on party affiliation?

tanyev Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Apr-01-10 08:12 PM
Response to Reply #5
7. Republicans aren't too sharp on that whole actiony-consequency thing.Heh. And liberals are?

Zywiec (1000+ posts)
Response to Reply #1
17. Can they seek urologic care elsewhere?

I'm not sure how "first do no harm" would apply?Of course they can. And notice the doctor didn't say that he wouldn't see anyone who came in....just that if you voted for Obama you were invited to go somewhere else.

Lerkfish Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Apr-01-10 08:10 PM
Response to Original message
3. hmm.. is this a malpractice suit in the making?
no_hypocrisy Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Apr-01-10 08:12 PM
6. Wonder if this is a civil rights violation?

bridgit Donating Member (1000+ posts)
Thu Apr-01-10 08:13 PM
10. Malfeasance - pull his certif, he's no longer able to deliver HC humanistically

What's next? He decides to treat Dems with premeditated, knowingly ill regimes contributing to their deaths - these kinds of RW thoughts are a scourge upon America LOL, Got any proof this is what he's going to do?

dgibby Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Apr-01-10 08:39 PM
19. He's going to NEED a urologist when the state board Updated at 4:43 PM

and Grayson get done with him, 'cause I have a feeling he's going to be pissin' out of his ear from now on! :evilgrin: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
kestrel91316 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Apr-01-10 08:45 PM
20. This warrants a formal complaint to the FL Medical Board. Yank the fascist's license.

mwrguy (80 posts) Thu Apr-01-10 08:55 PM
22. Revoke his license. Take his job and everything he has.

This is basically what he wants to happen to the uninsured.

patriot45
04-01-2010, 10:29 PM
dgibby Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Apr-01-10 08:39 PM
19. He's going to NEED a urologist when the state board Updated at 4:43 PM

and Grayson get done with him, 'cause I have a feeling he's going to be pissin' out of his ear from now on! :evilgrin: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl

Whoa! A loon is hoping on help from another loon - Grayson!!! That guy has moonbat issues!
I'm not sure he is human!

Gingersnap
04-01-2010, 10:44 PM
The guy is probably looking to retire anyway and he gets to annoy the lefties on the way out. :D

Carol
04-01-2010, 11:16 PM
Sorry...I fixed the link problem.

lacarnut
04-01-2010, 11:44 PM
The guy is probably looking to retire anyway and he gets to annoy the lefties on the way out. :D

He is probably financially well heeled so he can mess with the dummies. If I were him, I would schedule all dummie appointments on Thursday and Friday and then go play golf on those two days.:p

NJCardFan
04-02-2010, 03:19 AM
Zywiec (1000+ posts)
Response to Reply #1
17. Can they seek urologic care elsewhere?

I'm not sure how "first do no harm" would apply?
These people have reading comprehension issues. The doctor is telling them to go elsewhere, however, if they still came into his office, he'd still treat them. He isn't denying care, he's suggesting they go somewhere else.

djones520
04-02-2010, 06:41 AM
Reading comprehension is kryptonite to DUmmies.

jediab
04-02-2010, 09:45 AM
Reading comprehension is kryptonite to DUmmies.

I thought employment was kryptonite to DUmmies.

djones520
04-02-2010, 09:48 AM
I thought employment was kryptonite to DUmmies.

Logical thought, personal responsibility, and plenty other things are as well.

Why do you think they hide in their parents basements all day? :D

jediab
04-02-2010, 10:03 AM
Why do you think they hide in their parents basements all day? :D

I thought it was due their aversion to sunlight? Aren't all C.H.U.D.S like that?

Megaguns91
04-02-2010, 10:11 AM
The majority of Obamanators get DSHS as it is and he'd have to take a substancial writeoff on the care he provides them, so good for him, I say.

F*ck the DUmmies who think that just because the guy's a doctor means he has to serve everyone. Doctors in private practices reserve the right to refuse treatment, legally.

NJCardFan
04-02-2010, 10:54 AM
The majority of Obamanators get DSHS as it is and he'd have to take a substancial writeoff on the care he provides them, so good for him, I say.

F*ck the DUmmies who think that just because the guy's a doctor means he has to serve everyone. Doctors in private practices reserve the right to refuse treatment, legally.

But this fits into their "healthcare is a right" mentality. Or what I call the "what's mine is mine and what's yours is mine" mentality.

Megaguns91
04-02-2010, 11:10 AM
But this fits into their "healthcare is a right" mentality. Or what I call the "what's mine is mine and what's yours is mine" mentality.

Healthcare is only a right when you're going to a tax funded facility like a hospital or urgent care center. We get people with the same mentality, they seem cut down when you tell them that NO, not all ambulances are FREE and NO, you do have to pay your bill. We won't write it off.

PoliCon
04-02-2010, 10:59 PM
http://health.newsvine.com/_question/2010/04/02/4106804-did-a-florida-doc-cross-a-line-with-a-sign-telling-patients-to-go-elsewhere-for-care-if-they-voted-for-obama

VOTE :)