PDA

View Full Version : Peace House in Crawford, TX needs help

aka:PBS
04-02-2010, 08:20 AM
proud2BlibKansan (1000+ posts) Thu Apr-01-10 08:54 AM
Original message
Peace House in Crawford, TX needs help
Just got this email. This is incredibly sad. The Peace House is an amazingly wonderful place.

The Best investment I ever made

Seven years ago, I made a down payment on a house in Crawford Texas. On Easter Sunday 2003, it became the Crawford Texas Peace House.

We committed to being there until Bush was out of the White House, and we kept that commitment. Those years were important years for me and for the peace movement.

For a little over a year we have had a new administration and the
wars we set out to stop continue and have to spread to Pakistan and still threaten Iran. The relevance of Crawford's Western White House and our resistance has all become a significant part of history.

No, the mortgage did not get paid. I have not been able to meet my financial obligations on the Peace House, and I am five payments behind.

The Peace House is scheduled for a Foreclosure Auction
on Tuesday morning on the steps of McLennan County Court House, April 6,

There is an offer to purchase the house for 10,000.00 less than what is owed. My personal situation will not allow me to take the offer. It needs a new owner
48,000.00 is owed on the mortgage .4,000.00 will bring it current and cover legal fees.

If you are interested in a future for the Peace House please email me at wolfishq@gmail.com

If an unfriendly entity purchases the house we will be served an
eviction notice and must vacate the premises

Thanks for all the Brave Souls that came here to make a difference.

In Peace and in Loving service,

Johnny Wolf

Co-founder, Crawford Texas Peace House

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8066331

well thats what you get for being a DUmmy! :D

djones520
04-02-2010, 08:23 AM
The relevance of Crawford's Western White House and our resistance has all become a significant part of history.

Funny... I never heard of it before today. Pretty significant. :rolleyes:

FDK
04-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Amazing place. Just look at all the wars they've ended.:rolleyes:

FlaGator
04-02-2010, 09:41 AM
A DUer and his/her money is soon parted.

jediab
04-02-2010, 09:50 AM
If I had the money, I would buy this house and make it a Bush, Rumsfield, and Rove museum.

Imagine the DUmmies heads exploding. :D

PoliCon
04-02-2010, 09:51 AM
He could always try getting a job . . . that tends to make paying the bills easier . . . just saying . . .

Sonnabend
04-02-2010, 10:25 AM
Co-founder, Crawford Texas Peace House ..and the founder, Cindy of the Ditch, is nowhere to be seen. That's what you get for being a stalker.

and the wars we set out to stop continue and have to spread to Pakistan and still threaten Iran.Hate to break the news to you, but Iran is making war on its own...and killing Coalition troops. Not that you care. :rolleyes:

NJCardFan
04-02-2010, 10:52 AM
..and the founder, Cindy of the Ditch, is nowhere to be seen. That's what you get for being a stalker.

Hate to break the news to you, but Iran is making war on its own...and killing Coalition troops. Not that you care. :rolleyes:

You mean coalition troops like Casey Sheehan?

Kay
04-02-2010, 12:09 PM
If I had the money, I would buy this house and make it a Bush, Rumsfield, and Rove museum.

Imagine the DUmmies heads exploding. :D

You took the words right out of my mouth. That's what I was going to post.
I'd like to buy it and make it into a Wounded Warrior tribute of some sort,
to emphasize the impact our military heros had during the Wars on Terror.
I might even would call it the Camp Casey Peace House and center it around
the honor of this young man who gave all to his country inspite of those
who trashed his memory by standing for everything he was fighting against.
That would be the ultimate revenge.

noonwitch
04-05-2010, 01:35 PM
If I had $48,000 to spare, I might just buy the mortgage just so I could evict them. :D

The whole Cindy Sheehan scheme ticks me off. All the money the DUer's sent to her could have been used to do a lot of good things for the poor. She could have even started a charity for the children of soldiers killed in Iraq or something like that in her son's name, instead of wasting it by getting arrested and engaging in futile protests.

jediab
04-05-2010, 02:49 PM
You took the words right out of my mouth. That's what I was going to post.
I'd like to buy it and make it into a Wounded Warrior tribute of some sort,
to emphasize the impact our military heros had during the Wars on Terror.
I might even would call it the Camp Casey Peace House and center it around
the honor of this young man who gave all to his country inspite of those
who trashed his memory by standing for everything he was fighting against.
That would be the ultimate revenge.

My idea was just to spite the DUmmines. Your idea which has great and honorable intentions, is much better than mine. ;)

SarasotaRepub
04-05-2010, 09:19 PM
proud2BlibKansan http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/donor.gif (1000+ posts) Thu Apr-01-10 08:22 PM
Response to Original message (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8066331#8066331)
8. If you want more info, etc crawfordpeacehouse@yahoo.com

Apparently, no one does. 15 replies. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!:D

What a bunch of fools.

Sonnabend
04-06-2010, 08:31 AM
titoresque Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Apr-01-10 08:25 PM
Response to Original message
9. Is there an account set up?

If we all pitched in a little Im sure we could save the Peace house from auction. I would love to send some $!

http://www.magic.org/store/images/US_Dime_front-1.png

Sparky
04-10-2010, 07:10 PM
During it's heyday DU and others were throwing money at this place. They probably could have paid it off 5 times over. What a joke! I hope someone does buy it and kick those fools out.