PDA

View Full Version : Fortress Sarasota to be re-established...

SarasotaRepub
04-02-2010, 01:39 PM
And in Sarasota, FL to be exact. :D

Got a new job that's been confirmed today. Resignation letter has
been given and I'll start da new job in May.

May the Housing Gods smile on our house here in St. Louis for a quick and
profitable sale.

djones520
04-02-2010, 01:41 PM
Bah on you! :mad:

We were counting on you two hooking us up for our sons birthday this year. :p

Kay
04-02-2010, 01:53 PM
Didn't you just spend a bunch remodeling the kitchen with granite counter tops? Seems a shame now that you didn't go with the cheaper formica. At least maybe it will make the house sell quicker.

marv
04-02-2010, 02:26 PM
Don't mean to throw cold water on things,........................

I've had many big moves before I retired. Always promotions, BUT - selling/buying houses, real estate commissions and closing costs, packing/moving/unpacking costs, re-licensing vehicles, new drivers licenses, utility hookups, voter registration, wire transfers of bank accounts, change of address notices (Post Office forwarding is only good for a year), etc.

Every transfer I made cost me headaches and big bucks no matter the reimbursements.

Will your new employers at least pay the moving expenses?

RobJohnson
04-02-2010, 03:00 PM
And in Sarasota, FL to be exact. :D

May the Housing Gods smile on our house here in St. Louis for a quick and
profitable sale.

That is greyt news!

lacarnut
04-02-2010, 05:57 PM
Congrats on the new job and hope the move goes smoothly. South Florida is a great place to live.

Rockntractor
04-02-2010, 07:31 PM
Didn't you just spend a bunch remodeling the kitchen with granite counter tops? Seems a shame now that you didn't go with the cheaper formica. At least maybe it will make the house sell quicker.

There was the new roof too!

SarasotaRepub
04-02-2010, 09:03 PM

We would have done it if we were moving or not. Granite will help sell the place, no doubt at all. :)

Rockntractor
04-02-2010, 09:05 PM
We would have done it if we were moving or not. Granite will help sell the place, no doubt at all. :)

We were dam near neighbors too!:rolleyes:

SarasotaRepub
04-02-2010, 09:06 PM

HA!! :D

Kay
04-02-2010, 10:00 PM

Possibly a factor in the decision to move.
Smell of hog farms and all....:p

SarasotaRepub
04-02-2010, 10:06 PM

Well, I'm to polite to mention it. :D

Rockntractor
04-02-2010, 10:09 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/sittingPig.gif?t=1270260490

SarasotaRepub
04-02-2010, 10:15 PM
In any case I'm having an Organic Vodka Martini to celebrate!!!:D

Sonnabend
04-02-2010, 10:17 PM
Get some pork on your fork :D:D:D

Rockntractor
04-02-2010, 10:18 PM
In any case I'm having an Organic Vodka Martini to celebrate!!!:D
organic my ass!

SarasotaRepub
04-02-2010, 10:21 PM
organic my ass!

See...

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/10d10fa8.jpg

The bottle on the left. :p

Rockntractor
04-02-2010, 10:24 PM
See...

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/10d10fa8.jpg

The bottle on the left. :p

It may have been organic until they distilled it but not no mo!:D

Rockntractor
04-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Get some pork on your fork :D:D:D

Uh oh! Downunder dude is back!:eek:

SaintLouieWoman
04-02-2010, 10:43 PM

Yes we did. I didn't even notice that SR started his thread. He's celebrating with his vodka, I'm sitting here too tired to move. I've been trying to frantically get the house ready to show. I'm already exhausted and very emotional about this.

My 16 month old grandson is here, and there's another baby on the way. My sis's 2 grandaughters are like my own. They love their Aunty. I'm beside myself with emotion, having to leave. Plus not too excited about finding out about the job before all the dishes and glasses were even put in the cabinets.

I had worked so hard with all those darned paint samples on the wall, running from paint store to paint store to get the exact right shade, then cleaning up all that dust when they knocked the tiles out and then put in the new drywall, then all the grinding of the granite in the garage.

I'm not particularly a Florida person, always will be one of those "pastey white Midwesterners", as SR calls me. One good thing is that it should be a great weight loss program. I've been feeling too sick to eat much.

But I'm happy for him that he's moving back to Sarasota. But I will never call myself SW (Sarasota Woman), will always be SLW in my heart. Folks here used to kid me that I should be on the local chamber of commerce, as I love my city so much.

patriot45
04-02-2010, 10:55 PM
Yes we did. I didn't even notice that SR started his thread. He's celebrating with his vodka, I'm sitting here too tired to move. I've been trying to frantically get the house ready to show. I'm already exhausted and very emotional about this.

My 16 month old grandson is here, and there's another baby on the way. My sis's 2 grandaughters are like my own. They love their Aunty. I'm beside myself with emotion, having to leave. Plus not too excited about finding out about the job before all the dishes and glasses were even put in the cabinets.

I had worked so hard with all those darned paint samples on the wall, running from paint store to paint store to get the exact right shade, then cleaning up all that dust when they knocked the tiles out and then put in the new drywall, then all the grinding of the granite in the garage.

I'm not particularly a Florida person, always will be one of those "pastey white Midwesterners", as SR calls me. One good thing is that it should be a great weight loss program. I've been feeling too sick to eat much.

But I'm happy for him that he's moving back to Sarasota. But I will never call myself SW (Sarasota Woman), will always be SLW in my heart. Folks here used to kid me that I should be on the local chamber of commerce, as I love my city so much.

Oh c'mon SRW :D
Flahdidah ain't so bad, in fact you will be laughing at all the weather posts next year! Shovel snow? Never again, dining on the beach in December, Check!!!
We got almost my whole family to move here after we did, the same thing can happen for you!:D

Looking forward to seeing you guys soon!

PS..... opening the pool up next week! :D

Kay
04-02-2010, 10:57 PM
I can just imagine how torn you must be over this. :(

SarasotaRepub
04-02-2010, 11:08 PM
Oh c'mon SRW :D
Flahdidah ain't so bad, in fact you will be laughing at all the weather posts next year! Shovel snow? Never again, dining on the beach in December, Check!!!
We got almost my whole family to move here after we did, the same thing can happen for you!:D

Looking forward to seeing you guys soon!

PS..... opening the pool up next week! :D

It does get contagious...:cool:

Never underestimate the POWER of Florida!!!

Zathras
04-05-2010, 02:00 PM

Wait....didn't you guys learn the last 2 times you built a Death Star that they'll just get blown up? And now you're trying for a third???

:D:D:D

Anyway, grats on the new job.