PDA

View Full Version : I quit my therapist today

aka:PBS
04-03-2010, 07:21 AM
undergroundpanther (1000+ posts) Tue Mar-30-10 06:48 PM
Original message
I quit my therapist today
Edited on Tue Mar-30-10 06:49 PM by undergroundpanther
She is a new ager type and I can't deal with her pushing the new age stuff anymore.She would give me simplistic answers.Told me not to judge an aryan brotherhood thug as a danger to my life,that I think that denial she did was the last straw.Her hypocrisy became intolerable.
For awhile she was ok,but her unrealistic ideas about how to deal with dangerous or bad situations was silly to me. I began to feel like she was not about really helping me,if it might get 'messy'. She seemed to try making me be like her,just giving me platitudes,telling me to not judge or say someone or some situations are toxic or crazy makers for me.I couldn't really talk to her on a deep level about what upsets me because either she didn't want to just listen and just wanted to fix it before I even had time to articulate it,or she wanted me appearing to be 'stable' after my 45 minutes.I don' know her motives.I have a radically different perspective than hers,and that also makes us no longer compatible.

She thought her saying things I didn't want to hear was the problem of why I left,but what she doesn't get is I hear stuff I don't like hearing alot,I think she was counter-transferring on me.I hope to find a more realistic therapist soon.I don't trust her for many reasons over time,and,because she was unwilling to let me open up because once I began to feel what I was saying, she'd shut me down. I felt myself swallowing emotions.I think part of my process of healing is to feel my feelings concerning the past which is dissociated from memory and learn to cope with the past with both intellectual and emotional understanding together..

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=276x10391

It's a wonder he/she/its therapist put up with he/she/it for so long.

NJCardFan
04-03-2010, 10:05 AM
I wonder if their therapist can teach them how to use a space bar.

Novaheart
04-03-2010, 10:12 AM
I used to be on DU. I found that there are an inordinate number of members there who are mentally ill. But mostly they are just religiously dedicated to a philosophical hodgepodge where good ideas and intentions are paired with unrelated and destructive ideas. I was banned for calling Islam a cancer or disease (I can't recall which at this point), but one walks on eggshells over there anyway, on any given issue because the Gang Of Four stays up all night thinking of new ways to be offended and emotionally damaged.

Sonnabend
04-03-2010, 10:24 AM
UGP's brother

http://www.justsickshit.com/wp-content/gallery/tattoos-and-body-modification/human_cat_body_modification.jpg

SarasotaRepub
04-03-2010, 10:24 AM
I used to be on DU. I found that there are an inordinate number of members there who are mentally ill. But mostly they are just religiously dedicated to a philosophical hodgepodge where good ideas and intentions are paired with unrelated and destructive ideas. I was banned for calling Islam a cancer or disease (I can't recall which at this point), but one walks on eggshells over there anyway, on any given issue because the Gang Of Four stays up all night thinking of new ways to be offended and emotionally damaged.

Excellent description of DU. :D

And UGP is without doubt one of our favorites.

Gingersnap
04-03-2010, 10:35 AM
We've been reading UP's posts for many years and I think it's fair to say that she has severe mental health issues. From what I can tell, UP has an explosive, scary temper. She's wildly intolerant and she looks for trouble.

I don't know that there's much a therapist can do with someone like UP.

FDK
04-03-2010, 11:26 AM
The other side of the coin:

One of my whackiest clients took a hike today. Phew!

Speedy
04-03-2010, 11:37 AM
http://halloweencostumediscounts.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/panther.jpg

I never get tired of asking. When is this bitch going to kill herself for real? She threatens to time and time and time again! I am so tired of getting my hopes up.

Dan D. Doty
04-03-2010, 12:18 PM

UP's been fun to read for quite some time.

UP just wants therapist to enforce delusions and bad ideas just like DU does.

BTW Nova, welcome to CU :D

noonwitch
04-05-2010, 01:15 PM
http://halloweencostumediscounts.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/panther.jpg

I never get tired of asking. When is this bitch going to kill herself for real? She threatens to time and time and time again! I am so tired of getting my hopes up.

That's probably what the therapist was thinking!

From her complaint, it sounds not like the therapist was trying to do some new agy thing on her, but instead was trying to get her to look at her own reaction to the aryan nation guy-not to minimize any potential danger, but instead to help UP see how her own behavior can play into keeping herself safe from potential threats. Since UP lives for confrontation and takes no responsibility for her own actions, she has to see this as somehow a threat to her so she can justify ending the therapy.

Maybe it was court-ordered therapy and she can't get out of it so easily? One can hope.

Nova-I never got banned from DU, but came close because I posted that I thought that doctors shouldn't perform sex change operations, because it was not good for the patient's overall long term health. I stated clearly that this was a compassionate statement, and that I would never mistreat someone because she had had a sex change, but that any image change that requires a lifetime of surgery to maintain is just not healthy.

hoplophobe
04-06-2010, 10:32 AM
I think she was counter-transferring on me
Translation please. :confused:

Dan D. Doty
04-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Translation please. :confused:

UGP thinks that the therapist is the crazy one :rolleyes: