PDA

View Full Version : IPad Attracts Early Crowds, but Lines Thin Out Later

bijou
04-04-2010, 09:20 AM
Apple Inc. began selling the iPad Saturday to swarms of dedicated fans, but there were few early indications that the much-anticipated device would sell out in its first weekend.

The weekend introduction is the first real test of demand for the iPad, which Apple pitches as a new category of device making it easier to surf the Web and do other basic computing tasks. Since it was unveiled by Apple Chief Executive Steve Jobs in January, debate has swirled about how much the $499-and-up tablet computer will appeal beyond the company's stronghold of technology enthusiasts.

Apple's flagship retail outlet in New York City was thronged by hundreds of fans who wanted to join in the camaraderie and land bragging rights from being among the first people to hold and own an iPad. "I like the games and the music," said nine-year-old Monaco resident Roman Rose, who waited with his family for his turn to buy an iPad, with his own savings, he said. ...link (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304601604575161621657096164.html?m od=WSJ_hpp_LEFTTopStories)

HwOOJiyA7so

Speedy
04-04-2010, 01:21 PM
I'll wait for a Microsoft version to come out. I don't like the fact that Apple does not support flash and other stuff. I want more out of a computer than to be able to say, "Oh look! I use Apple and look at how cool I am."

bijou
04-04-2010, 02:49 PM
I'll wait for a Microsoft version to come out. I don't like the fact that Apple does not support flash and other stuff. I want more out of a computer than to be able to say, "Oh look! I use Apple and look at how cool I am."

As far as I can tell it only does one thing at a time. I'll stick with my netbook which was cheap and does all that I need it to do while I'm on the move.

Speedy
04-04-2010, 03:03 PM
As far as I can tell it only does one thing at a time. I'll stick with my netbook which was cheap and does all that I need it to do while I'm on the move.

The only Apple thing I use is my iPod and I only have that because I found it on top of a gas pump when I was fueling up.

Novaheart
04-05-2010, 12:46 AM
The only Apple thing I use is my iPod and I only have that because I found it on top of a gas pump when I was fueling up.

Did you put your music on it or are you listening to what it came with?

Speedy
04-05-2010, 01:06 AM
Did you put your music on it or are you listening to what it came with?

It had about 300 songs on it but whoever it used to belong to was either a girl or a really swishy gay dude. I have about 1500 of my own songs on it. It is a nice one with the 80 gigs of space and video.