PDA

View Full Version : " D.C. Gun Law Case Not Over:All Handguns Must Have Ballistics Test Firing ."

megimoo
04-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Next Challenge to Gun Laws Headed to D.C. Circuit

A federal appeals court in Washington, D.C., will have the chance to examine the latest version of the District of Columbia's gun restrictions, in a possible test of how to apply the U.S. Supreme Court's 2008 decision in D.C. v. Heller.

snip

They are appealing to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit to reverse a March 26 decision by U.S. District Judge Ricardo Urbina.

That ruling upheld new restrictions the D.C. Council passed in the wake of the 2008 decision. For example, all handguns must be submitted to D.C. police for a ballistics identification process.

Stephen Halbrook, a lawyer for Heller, said a week ago that an appeal of Urbina’s decision was likely because, he said, the judge was overly deferential toward the city. Lawyers for the District say the council worked to strike a balance between Second Amendment rights and public safety concerns.

The original Heller case, then known as Parker v. D.C., also went through the D.C. Circuit. In a March 2007 decision, Senior Judge Laurence Silberman wrote that Heller had standing to challenge the District’s gun laws and that the laws in place at the time were unconstitutional. Heller, of course, won before the Supreme Court in a decision that said the Second Amendment protects an individual right to bear arms.

http://www.law.com/jsp/law/LawArticleFriendly.jsp?id=1202447460719

Speedy
04-05-2010, 05:46 PM
There are varying kinds of stupid. You have the lack of common sense stupid. The caught the smell of pussy stupid. The I think I can get away with it stupid. And even the brain addled, drooling, blank stare retard stupid. But the unmatched kind of stupid is the anti 2nd Ammendment stupid. Then there is some stupid people.

PoliCon
04-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Of course the ignore the fact that violent crime has dropped drastically since the repeal of their gun ban. :rolleyes: Public safety concerns my ass.

fettpett
04-05-2010, 07:01 PM
it's all about control, anything they can do the control the masses

FlaGator
04-05-2010, 07:26 PM
it's all about control, anything they can do the control the masses

I'm sure that all the D.C. gang bangers will be lining up in mass to get their illegal weapons ran through a ballistics test. :rolleyes:

fettpett
04-05-2010, 07:32 PM
I'm sure that all the D.C. gang bangers will be lining up in mass to get their illegal weapons ran through a ballistics test. :rolleyes:

haha, no control the people that follow the rules, the criminals will have them regardless.

Novaheart
04-05-2010, 07:35 PM
haha, no control the people that follow the rules, the criminals will have them regardless.

In DC that dynamic amounts to telling half the population that they may not protect themselves from the other half, most of which are or should be legally barred from owning weapons as felons.

Sonnabend
04-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Can we have a thread move to GD please?

patriot45
04-05-2010, 07:46 PM
Can we have a thread move to GD please?

What are you bored!?
If it should be moved, move it to the gun forum or the 2nd amndment forum! :rolleyes:

This is where we put gun shit!

Speedy
04-05-2010, 07:47 PM
In DC that dynamic amounts to telling half the population that they may not protect themselves from the other half, most of which are or should be legally barred from owning weapons as felons.

Half the population? Apparently you have never been there. I was there a bit over a year ago and in Baltimore. All I could say was, "Who turned out the lights!" Seriously, Yvette and I went shopping at a couple of the malls and the ratio of whites to blacks had to be less than 10%. When we went to Medival Times, everyone there was Black. At Medival Times, for Christ's sake. You can't get whiter than Medival Times and there were maybe 10 white people there.

Rockntractor
04-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Half the population? Apparently you have never been there. I was there a bit over a year ago and in Baltimore. All I could say was, "Who turned out the lights!" Seriously, Yvette and I went shopping at a couple of the malls and the ratio of whites to blacks had to be less than 10%. When we went to Medival Times, everyone there was Black. At Medival Times, for Christ's sake. You can't get whiter than Medival Times and there were maybe 10 white people there.

I don't think Mr. Nova was referring to a race!

Rockntractor
04-05-2010, 07:54 PM
What are you bored!?
If it should be moved, move it to the gun forum or the 2nd amndment forum! :rolleyes:

This is where we put gun shit!
Yeah right above the post reply notification button!:rolleyes:

PoliCon
04-05-2010, 08:41 PM

no - but some people are not happy unless they make every issue about race. :rolleyes:

Sonnabend
04-06-2010, 07:58 AM
most of which are or should be legally barred from owning weapons as felons...and you think GUN LAWS stop felons from owning guns?

BWAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

Oh God...stop...my ribs....

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing001.gif

Speedy
04-06-2010, 10:41 AM

You can't talk about crime in DC without bring up race. When you say that "half" of DC you wind up smearing alot of people (white people) who are not committing crimes. Being Conservative is about speaking the truth and not bowing to factors like PC.

A couple of years ago there was a study on gun violence deaths in DC and Baltimore and it turned out that there was only negligible white on white gun crime, nonexistent white on black crime but alot of black on white crime and rampant black on black crime. When someone posts "half" about crime in DC they are completely misrepresenting.

Novaheart
04-06-2010, 05:03 PM

Canadians

Novaheart
04-06-2010, 05:06 PM
You can't talk about crime in DC without bring up race. When you say that "half" of DC you wind up smearing alot of people (white people) who are not committing crimes. Being Conservative is about speaking the truth and not bowing to factors like PC.

A couple of years ago there was a study on gun violence deaths in DC and Baltimore and it turned out that there was only negligible white on white gun crime, nonexistent white on black crime but alot of black on white crime and rampant black on black crime. When someone posts "half" about crime in DC they are completely misrepresenting.

Let's just say it was a figure of speech. The truth is the only person I have ever actually known who defended himself/home with a gun was Carl Rowan and he caught a lot of shit for it.

Sonnabend
04-06-2010, 07:11 PM
The truth is the only person I have ever actually known who defended himself/home with a gun was Carl Rowan and he caught a lot of shit for it.

om WXVT (http://www.wxvt.com/Global/story.asp?S=12095573) of March 6, 2010 (http://www.wxvt.com/Global/story.asp?S=12095573)

Cops: store’s owner shot gunman in self-defense Vicksburg police say they won’t charge a store owner who shot and killed an armed robbery suspect. Assistant Police Cheff Jeffery Scott says the suspect fired first, and was shot in self-defense.
Police were still looking on Saturday for a second man accused in the holdup Thursday at La Chiquita grocery store, and had not released the dead man’s name.
Scott says the men put a rifle to the clerk’s head, ordered her to the ground, hit her in the back of the head, and took cash, merchandise and a customer’s wallet.
He says the clerk told the owner, who was in an adjacent restaurant and chased the gunmen’s car to try to get a license number. Scott says the car crashed on an overpass, the gunmen got out and one shot at the store owner, who fired back.

Armed self defence saves lives

CaughtintheMiddle1990
04-06-2010, 07:14 PM

That's how all of America will look in 20-30 years.

Speedy
04-06-2010, 07:37 PM

No it won't. Without a great majority of whites, America won't work. Put it this way, do you think that America would function as it does if all whites disappeared all at once? But, if all blacks disappeared at once, it would be a crisis, but our industries, mines, oil fields, stores and government would recover after a slight hit. But not the other way around.

Hell even the election of Barky. He could have gotten elected without half the black vote because of so many white people voting for him.

Rockntractor
04-06-2010, 07:55 PM
No it won't. Without a great majority of whites, America won't work. Put it this way, do you think that America would function as it does if all whites disappeared all at once? But, if all blacks disappeared at once, it would be a crisis, but our industries, mines, oil fields, stores and government would recover after a slight hit. But not the other way around.

Hell even the election of Barky. He could have gotten elected without half the black vote because of so many white people voting for him.

Do people of mixed blood only work part time?:confused:

Novaheart
04-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Armed self defence saves lives

[/INDENT]

I meant in DC. Carl Rowan is the only name I can remember. He shot someone who was breaking into his house.

I fully support gun ownership and self defense. It's one of the things Florida does right, although I don't understand why concealed carry is legal but open carry isn't.

Novaheart
04-06-2010, 08:24 PM

Not true. A bit of oddly constructed bragging on the part of minorities and fear mongering on the part of white nationalists.

Let's me ask you this: Is George Prescott Bush caucasian? Right now caucasians are about 80% of the US population. By 2050 it is predicted that NONLATINO caucasians will be 46% of the US population, ie the largest component but outnumbered by everyone else put together. This would be about the present composition of San Francisco.

The difference between the entire country and SF though, is the dynamics of the changing definitions of race. We have a HUGE amerasian population in the US. We have a huge hispanic caucasian population in the US. We have a sizable mulatto population in the US. All of which may contribute to what I call the Economic Supermongrel though my money is primarily on the amerasian and caucasian latino taking the lead. By 2100 the Amer-Caucasian race will probably look more Slavic in facial structure and Spanish in coloring but it will be somewhat distinct from Negroids, Mongoloids, and what we currently think of as "white people".

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_wkMSc5DjQ18/R6OnKrLmnCI/AAAAAAAAC3c/LNfIegf0b5Q/s320/EricByler.jpg

This man is 10th generation Pennsylvania Dutch and 5th generation Chinese American. He could as easily be Italian as anything else.

Speedy
04-06-2010, 09:24 PM
One thing that gets me is the people who wear Africa emblazoned on anything. They have no connection to Africa at all. You ask any black person and I highly doubt they could tell you where in Africa they are from or what tribe they have ancestoral ties to. They do not know anyone in their family who is from Africa. They have no idea how many generations they are removed from Africa. Two weeks in Africa and they would not only want to come back to America but they would love it dearly.

Novaheart
04-06-2010, 11:02 PM
One thing that gets me is the people who wear Africa emblazoned on anything. They have no connection to Africa at all. You ask any black person and I highly doubt they could tell you where in Africa they are from or what tribe they have ancestoral ties to.

While I do like to argue with almost anyone on almost any subject, I am sincere in disagreeing with you on this. All the Afrocentric (Frances Welsing, Van Sertima, Marcus Garvey, etc..) bullshit aside, I do think it's important for people to feel a connection to their ancestors and ancestral lands, especially if they don't have any written records.

I have one of the most complete pedigrees I have ever seen, I put a lot of work into it. Black people simply can't do that, so they have to guess, or get DNA tested and then make a decision on identity. And even if they hadn't been brought here as slaves, most of these folks would have no written records of their ancestry. But it's not like this doesn't happen with white people as well. I meet folks in Scottish festivals and Ren Faires, who really have little more idea of their ancestry than the ethnicity of their surname or their mother's surname. If they are a MacLey, then they identify as Scottish. Some go to great lengths in their identity.

God knows that our Italian friends are known for being extremely wrapped up in everything from Roman noble pedigrees to unabashed guidoism. And our Jewish friends all feel a connection to Israel, even though many of their families have forgotten the exact route they took from Israel to Europe to America.

I can't fault the blacks for feeling connected to Africa. No, they wouldn't want to live in a mud hut in the Niger delta, but then I wouldn't want to live in a stone coldwater shack heated by a stove in the shittiest part of Scotland. What I do fault them for is the degree of bullshit so many of them indulge themselves in and the brazenly contrived bullwookie they buy into from afrocentric "teachers", many of whom have dubious credentials.

http://www.ukskeptics.com/article.php?dir=articles&article=afrocentrism.php

Rockntractor
04-06-2010, 11:05 PM
While I do like to argue with almost anyone on almost any subject, I am sincere in disagreeing with you on this. All the Afrocentric (Frances Welsing, Van Sertima, Marcus Garvey, etc..) bullshit aside, I do think it's important for people to feel a connection to their ancestors and ancestral lands, especially if they don't have any written records.

I have one of the most complete pedigrees I have ever seen, I put a lot of work into it. Black people simply can't do that, so they have to guess, or get DNA tested and then make a decision on identity. And even if they hadn't been brought here as slaves, most of these folks would have no written records of their ancestry. But it's not like this doesn't happen with white people as well. I meet folks in Scottish festivals and Ren Faires, who really have little more idea of their ancestry than the ethnicity of their surname or their mother's surname. If they are a MacLey, then they identify as Scottish. Some go to great lengths in their identity.

God knows that our Italian friends are known for being extremely wrapped up in everything from Roman noble pedigrees to unabashed guidoism. And our Jewish friends all feel a connection to Israel, even though many of their families have forgotten the exact route they took from Israel to Europe to America.

I can't fault the blacks for feeling connected to Africa. No, they wouldn't want to live in a mud hut in the Niger delta, but then I wouldn't want to live in a stone coldwater shack heated by a stove in the shittiest part of Scotland. What I do fault them for is the degree of bullshit so many of them indulge themselves in and the brazenly contrived bullwookie they buy into from afrocentric "teachers", many of whom have dubious credentials.

http://www.ukskeptics.com/article.php?dir=articles&article=afrocentrism.php

and you are the end of the line!:confused:

Novaheart
04-06-2010, 11:55 PM
and you are the end of the line!:confused:

No, my sisters have kids.

Speedy
04-07-2010, 12:04 AM
What I do fault them for is the degree of bullshit so many of them indulge themselves in and the brazenly contrived bullwookie they buy into from afrocentric "teachers", many of whom have dubious credentials.

Like Kwanza? The African Christmas time holiday that is unheard of in Africa? Dude, Festivus inventred on Sienfeld is more legitimate than that.

PoliCon
04-07-2010, 12:07 AM
The racists always expose themselves.