PDA

View Full Version : Elian Gonzalez 16, Now Castro Youth.

Apocalypse
04-06-2010, 10:32 AM
HAVANA (AP) - Cuba has released photos of one-time exile cause celebre Elian Gonzalez wearing an olive-green military school uniform and attending a Young Communist Union congress.

Gonzalez, now 16 with closely cropped black hair, is shown serious-faced with fellow youth delegates during last weekend's congress at a sprawling and drab convention center in western Havana. The images were posted Monday on Cuban government Web sites, then widely picked up by electronic, state-controlled media.

http://img.breitbart.com/images/2010/4/5/ap-p/f9178cda-03e1-4bf9-a035-dd63d5a7a82c.jpg

http://www.breitbart.com/image.php?id=app-f9178cda-03e1-4bf9-a035-dd63d5a7a82c&show_article=1&article_id=D9ET4SA00

Al-thou at the time, I was glad he was reunited with his father as he should have been. It is disheartening to see him as another of the brainwashed Castro youth.

Sonnabend
04-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Let's hope he never says anything that will see him fall out of favour..because then he will see the extent of the Gunner's "hospitality" :rolleyes:

noonwitch
04-06-2010, 11:58 AM
I still support laws that favor father's rights over those of other relatives. Parents who have no criminal records and no history of abusing their children should always have custodial preference over more distant aunts, uncles and cousins. Otherwise, a precedent gets set that could negatively impact fathers who are fighting maternal relatives for custody after a mother dies.

I had some sympathy for Elian's Miami relatives, until they manipulated the kid into making the video where they got him to say nasty things about his father (after taking him to Disneyworld and spoiling him rotten with toys). They crossed the line, and ended up using him for propaganda the same way Castro did.

We all knew that Castro would use the kid for photo ops and all.

JackKetch
04-06-2010, 12:27 PM
I still support laws that favor father's rights over those of other relatives. Parents who have no criminal records and no history of abusing their children should always have custodial preference over more distant aunts, uncles and cousins.

i agree. it was right to give elian back to his father.

elian's current involvement with the young communist union is no surprise and doesn't mean he buys all the propaganda. he'll have to make his own decisions about his life, as other cubans do.

NJCardFan
04-06-2010, 03:02 PM
I still support laws that favor father's rights over those of other relatives. Parents who have no criminal records and no history of abusing their children should always have custodial preference over more distant aunts, uncles and cousins. Otherwise, a precedent gets set that could negatively impact fathers who are fighting maternal relatives for custody after a mother dies.

I had some sympathy for Elian's Miami relatives, until they manipulated the kid into making the video where they got him to say nasty things about his father (after taking him to Disneyworld and spoiling him rotten with toys). They crossed the line, and ended up using him for propaganda the same way Castro did.

We all knew that Castro would use the kid for photo ops and all.

Yeah, and this certainly was the way to handle that situation:rolleyes: :
http://inplacenews.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/448a07d7cb24f_s.jpg

Boy, the Clinton justice department really restrained themselves during his term, eh?

noonwitch
04-06-2010, 03:33 PM

Boy, the Clinton justice department really restrained themselves during his term, eh?

It wasn't ideal, but the job got done and nobody got killed, so at least Clinton and Reno learned from the Waco situation.

How do you remove a kid from a home without scaring the crap out of him, one way or another? My colleagues and I have been trying to figure that out for decades. There is no nice way to do it. I've seen cops removing kids from crackhouses, it's done in a similar manner. When the kid(s) are out of the house, the police bring the kid(s) to our office for them to chill for a few before they go to a foster home, unless the kid is coming from the hospital or going to a relative's home.

NJCardFan
04-06-2010, 10:16 PM
So you run the fucking SWAT team in with fully automatic weapons? Imagine if Bush had done this.

Novaheart
04-06-2010, 10:23 PM
So you run the fucking SWAT team in with fully automatic weapons? Imagine if Bush had done this.

As I recall, the situation was escalating and "the community" was promising to mount resistance to any lawful removal of the child. It could have been much uglier and the fallout could have been much worse. The Cuban community in Miami isn't exactly known for being law abiding, despite their political PR.

Novaheart
04-06-2010, 10:29 PM
It is disheartening to see him as another of the brainwashed Castro youth.

What an arrogant thing to say. I don't want to live in communist Cuba, but as hard as it is for Americans to accept, there are many people who are patriotic and dedicated believers in the philosophy of communism for Cuba.

Can you honestly say that you believe if Cuba just declared communism to be over, and capitalism the new way that they would not end up with an undesirable distribution of wealth and pretty much become a nation of powerless farm workers and hotel maids overnight?

fettpett
04-06-2010, 10:31 PM
regarless of the fathers political stance, at lest he cared enough to want his kid and to raise him. a lot of guys are just sperm donars and don't give a shit, pisses me off

Apocalypse
04-06-2010, 10:34 PM

Ah yes, good old Eric Holder.

Rockntractor
04-06-2010, 10:34 PM
What an arrogant thing to say. I don't want to live in communist Cuba, but as hard as it is for Americans to accept, there are many people who are patriotic and dedicated believers in the philosophy of communism for Cuba.

Can you honestly say that you believe if Cuba just declared communism to be over, and capitalism the new way that they would not end up with an undesirable distribution of wealth and pretty much become a nation of powerless farm workers and hotel maids overnight?

It is funny so many of them go to such great lengths to escape this utopia!

noonwitch
04-07-2010, 09:21 AM

When removing kids from a crackhouse? Sometimes. I'll never forget when the Wayne County Sheriff's Office raided the crackhouse across the street from me when I lived in Detroit. They carried out a lot of high-powered weapons with the cash and drugs. I can't identify guns like the posters here can, but they were rifle-sized and weren't Uzis, because Uzis are one gun I can identify.

Novaheart
04-07-2010, 10:13 AM
It is funny so many of them go to such great lengths to escape this utopia!

If you listen carefully, you can hear countless people complain that the US is a horrible racist aristocracy and that they have left it for that reason, or would leave it if there was some magical place to go which isn't a horrible racist aristocracy. Of course, this mindset tends to belong to high school and college students who don't know their ass from the tin cup they beg with.

Novaheart
04-07-2010, 10:15 AM
regarless of the fathers political stance, at lest he cared enough to want his kid and to raise him. a lot of guys are just sperm donars and don't give a shit, pisses me off

A lot of American men are conditioned to believe that they have no paternal rights other than paying support.

fettpett
04-07-2010, 10:29 AM
A lot of American men are conditioned to believe that they have no paternal rights other than paying support.

yeah, i'm not talking about the guys that don't believe that they have any parental rights, I'm talking about the douchebags that don't give a shit about their offspring period. Doesn't matter if they are rich, poor or in between. They view kids as a burden, and all they wanted to do is fuck some chick for a couple of hours at best.

PoliCon
04-07-2010, 10:38 AM
Under normal circumstances - I support the rights of a Father. HOWEVER, when the father lives under totalitarianism and the other relatives live in freedom - Freedom trumps a fathers rights.