PDA

View Full Version : ObamaCare's First Victim: Physician-Owned Specialty Hospitals

megimoo
04-06-2010, 02:29 PM
A group of lawyers can own a hospital. A group of hedge fund managers can own one. But doctors? Not after this year. Big community hospitals supported the president's health overhaul. In exchange they are getting something they have desperately wanted for years: a ban on new competition. The health overhaul was of course supposed to be about expanding coverage to the uninsured and slowing down the inexorable rise in health care costs, though the second goal was more talk than reality.

Buried in the hundreds of pages of legalese and footnotes are handouts unrelated to these two goals. The recipients are favored groups that went along with ObamaCare from the get go. Some of these groups got surprisingly little--doctors got neither tort reform nor a Medicare pay increase--but others got huge handouts. The AARP got the donut hole of Medicare drug plans filled.

Some of these handouts are harder to see and haven't gotten much attention but are extremely generous. One is to the hospital industry, for which the bill actually bans a potent form of competition. Section 6001 of the bill contains a measure that prevents groups of doctors from investing in new hospitals. A group of lawyers can own a hospital. A group of hedge fund managers can own one. But doctors, who would presumably know the most about starting a hospital, won't be able to after this year when the bill kicks in.

http://blogs.forbes.com/sciencebiz/2010/04/obamacares-first-victim-physician-owned-specialty-hospitals/

Gingersnap
04-06-2010, 03:09 PM
Amazing. :mad:

PoliCon
04-06-2010, 05:53 PM
Where is the fucktard wee wee to tell us about how this is good for us?

Constitutionally Speaking
04-06-2010, 07:15 PM
MOO!!!!!!!!

Welcome back!!!!

Oh, and could you fix your link????

:D

megimoo
04-06-2010, 07:19 PM
MOO!!!!!!!!

Welcome back!!!!

Oh, and could you fix your link????

:D

The link was good this morning but Sure.Try this one

http://blogs.investors.com/capitalhill/index.php/home/35-politicsinvesting/1570-obamacares-first-victim-physician-owned-specialty-hospitals

Wei Wu Wei
04-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Where is the fucktard wee wee to tell us about how this is good for us?

I'm not here to just paint a pretty picture while disregarding facts. Some things just suck bro. The world isn't black and white.

I don't know too much about this to make a judgment but I'll say from what I see here it sounds pretty crappy.

Wei Wu Wei
04-06-2010, 07:24 PM
You know I've stated dozens of times here that I did not like this bill as it was written, I preferred the House bill but neither one was perfect. In fact many of the things Obama has done since in office I have been firmly against.

Rockntractor
04-06-2010, 07:31 PM
You know I've stated dozens of times here that I did not like this bill as it was written, I preferred the House bill but neither one was perfect. In fact many of the things Obama has done since in office I have been firmly against.

I will turn you in to the capable ones and we will have you reeducated! the last thing we need is a willful and uppity proletariat:rolleyes:!