PDA

View Full Version : Meet Your Lords and Masters:

patriot45
04-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Seven dumocrats that ruin your life! (http://townhall.com/columnists/JohnHawkins/2010/04/06/meet_your_lords_and_masters_seven_democrats_who_ru n_your_world?page=full&comments=true)

This is a list that could go on forever!!!

Snip.....

Robert Byrd: It's bad enough that Robert Byrd is a former Exalted Cyclops of the KKK, but the earmark king of the Senate is also a 93 year old sick-bed senator who rarely makes it into work. Unquestionably, he's too ill to pay attention to his job day-to-day, but you can count on his aides to wheel him in, beat the buzzards away from him with a stick and show him which lever to pull any time the Democrats need a key vote in the Senate. Whatever may be said of Robert Byrd, one thing is for sure: he doesn't belong in the Senate anymore, if he ever did in the first place.

Congressman Barney Frank: In all of American history, there may not have been a more crooked, nasty tempered, utterly corrupt sexual deviant in office than Barney Frank. Frank once rather famously became a client of a gay prostitute, whom he hired as an aide and then moved into his apartment. From there, the prostitute ran a sex ring out of Frank's own home. Of course, Barney Frank was shocked, shocked I tell you, to learn that was going on.

Perhaps worse yet, back in 2003, Barney Frank bitterly fought Bush Administration attempts to rein in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Coincidentally, Frank received significant campaign contributions from Freddie and Fannie and was once romantically involved with a Fannie Mae executive. Of course, he'd tell you that had nothing to do with his saying,

"I do not think we are facing any kind of a crisis. That is, in my view, the two government sponsored enterprises we are talking about here, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, are not in a crisis. We have recently had an accounting problem with Freddie Mac that has led to people being dismissed, as appears to be appropriate. I do not think at this point there is a problem with a threat to the Treasury."

Had those reforms gone through, it may have dramatically lessened the impact of the banking crisis our economy is still suffering from today. Moreover, guess who's one of the people the Democrats put in charge of coming up with regulations to "fix" the crisis? That's right. Barney Frank.

Alan Grayson: Grayson is the epitome of the bad guy in half the movies that are made in this country: He's a creepy, loud-mouthed rich jerk who gets away with being such a jackass because he has so much money. Even though this fat cat Eddie Haskell clone is in a Republican district, he still has no blue chip challengers because he has so much cash to throw away on a race. That's despite the fact that he regularly says things like, "The Republicans want you to die quickly if you get sick," and, "Fox News and their Republican collaborators are the enemy of America." Grayson is such a thin-skinned Judge Smails clone that he even tried to get the owner of a website who criticized him jailed for 5 years.

Alcee Hastings: This congressman is a former judge who was impeached by the House for bribery and perjury and removed from office. Ironically, Hastings is a high ranking member of the Rules Committee in the House where he famously declared during the health care debate, "There are no rules here...we make them up as we go along."

Maxine Waters: Bizarrely, Waters was actually a supporter of the post-Rodney King verdict Los Angeles riots. She applauded the looting, saying, "There were mothers who took this as an opportunity to take some milk, to take some bread, to take some shoes…. They are not crooks." She also rather notoriously chanted, "No justice, no peace," and favored the terms "rebellion" or "insurrection" instead of "riot" for the event. Waters is also a big fan of Fidel Castro's dictatorial regime and she accused the CIA of selling crack in black neighborhoods. Her latest of many corruption scandals involves funneling stimulus money to her husband's bank. As Ann Coulter once said of Maxine Waters, she is so stupid that she "couldn’t get a job that didn’t involve wearing a paper hat without affirmative action."

Charles Rangel: Don't like the way America's tax code is shaping up? Well then, at least some of the blame goes to Charles Rangel because as the Chairman of the Ways and Means Committee, he had a lot to do with it. Of course, Rangel apparently didn't like America's tax code very much either -- or at least that's the conclusion that you might draw from the fact that he cheated on his taxes. Despite the fact that the stench of corruption emanating from Rangel's office was so odious that even the New York Times has been calling for him to resign his chairmanship for years, Nancy Pelosi looked the other way until this March when a formal admonishment from the House Ethics Committee forced her hand. But, don't worry too much about Rangel. I'm sure the man who personally earmarked 2 million dollars of your tax money for the Charles B. Rangel Center for Public Service at City College will find a way to land on his feet.

Pete Stark: After Charlie Rangel stepped down as head of the Ways and Means Committee, the next man in line for the chairmanship was Pete Stark. However, the Democrats had to pass over Stark because he had his own shady tax problems. Yes, that's right; the two Democrats in Congress most responsible for tax policy both ran afoul of the tax laws.

Of course, Stark is also known for being an abrasive goon. Most notably, Stark once publicly told one of his own constituents, "I wouldn’t dignify you by peeing on your leg. It wouldn’t be worth wasting the urine." Of course, maybe we should give him points for honesty since he just said what most of the Democrats in Congress actually think about the people they represent.

NJCardFan
04-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Maxine Waters: Bizarrely, Waters was actually a supporter of the post-Rodney King verdict Los Angeles riots. She applauded the looting, saying, "There were mothers who took this as an opportunity to take some milk, to take some bread, to take some shoes…. They are not crooks." She also rather notoriously chanted, "No justice, no peace," and favored the terms "rebellion" or "insurrection" instead of "riot" for the event. Waters is also a big fan of Fidel Castro's dictatorial regime and she accused the CIA of selling crack in black neighborhoods. Her latest of many corruption scandals involves funneling stimulus money to her husband's bank. As Ann Coulter once said of Maxine Waters, she is so stupid that she "couldn’t get a job that didn’t involve wearing a paper hat without affirmative action."

This woman is a menace. And she is allowed to be a representative in the American federal government. If a white politician has said and done half of what this woman has, they'd be run out of the country. She is definitely a by product of her district. I'll let Chris Rock explain my meaning:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui6-Wc0PDc4

CaughtintheMiddle1990
04-07-2010, 04:10 AM
Seven dumocrats that ruin your life! (http://townhall.com/columnists/JohnHawkins/2010/04/06/meet_your_lords_and_masters_seven_democrats_who_ru n_your_world?page=full&comments=true)

Snip.....

And Republicans are innocent angels who have never done a bad thing, ever.

Speedy
04-07-2010, 06:02 AM

When Republicans get caught doing shit, their constituents kick them out. Democrats get reelected. Why is a turd burglar like Frank still in after all his scandals? Because DEMOCRATS keep voting him in.

Charlie Rangel from Harlem, Maxine Waters, John Conyers. Why are they still there? I'm sure that Chris Rock would explain, "Because Niggaz don't know no better!"

Republican voters fire their fuck ups. Democratic fuck ups NEVER leave because their sausage smoking and black constituents keep sending them back.

Constitutionally Speaking
04-07-2010, 06:13 AM

Our miscreants get kicked out. The Democrats get beatified, and promoted.

Sonnabend
04-07-2010, 08:49 AM

Right now a disgraced, impeached, and disbarred ex President walks the White House halls once again...what was his name? Oh yes, Bill Clinton.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
04-07-2010, 09:39 AM

Snip.....

Right now a disgraced, impeached, and disbarred ex President walks the White House halls once again...what was his name? Oh yes, Bill Clinton.

Sort of like how Nixon (a disgraced, disbarred, president, the only one to resign the presidency) walked the halls of the White House when Reagan was in the White House, coming to visit to give advice or writing him memos on foreign policy.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
04-07-2010, 09:42 AM
When Republicans get caught doing shit, their constituents kick them out. Democrats get reelected. Why is a turd burglar like Frank still in after all his scandals? Because DEMOCRATS keep voting him in.

Charlie Rangel from Harlem, Maxine Waters, John Conyers. Why are they still there? I'm sure that Chris Rock would explain, "Because Niggaz don't know no better!"

Republican voters fire their fuck ups. Democratic fuck ups NEVER leave because their sausage smoking and black constituents keep sending them back.

Yeah I know, those negroes shur' are dumb!Them Niggaz don't know better! I hate that fuckin goddamn sonofabitch Lincoln for signin dat "Emanicipation Proclaimation." My plantation has withered and broken down.

Rockntractor
04-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Wow another fantastic CU thread where everyone sees just how far they can push it!:rolleyes:

Sonnabend
04-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Yeah I know, those negroes shur' are dumb!Them Niggaz don't know better! I hate that fuckin goddamn sonofabitch Lincoln for signin dat "Emanicipation Proclaimation." My plantation has withered and broken down.

Son.

In case it had escaped you, the Civil War was NOT fought over slavery. Need I also remind you that it was the DEMOCRATS who filibustered the Civil Rights Act?

Wallace, the Governor who turned the dogs on King? Was a Democrat.

Byrd, a former KKK Grand Kleagle? Is a DEMOCRAT.

Democrat Senators organized the record Senate filibuster of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Included among the organizers were several prominent and well known liberal Democrat standard bearers including:
- Robert Byrd, current senator from West Virginia
- J. William Fulbright, Arkansas senator and political mentor of Bill Clinton
- Albert Gore Sr., Tennessee senator, father and political mentor of Al Gore. Gore Jr. has been known to lie about his father's opposition to the Civil Rights Act.
- Sam Ervin, North Carolina senator of Watergate hearings fame
- Richard Russell, famed Georgia senator and later President Pro Tempore

and this

Outside of Congress, the three most notorious opponents of school integration were all Democrats:
- Orval Faubus, Democrat Governor of Arkansas and one of Bill Clinton's political heroes
- George Wallace, Democrat Governor of Alabama
- Lester Maddox, Democrat Governor of Georgia

By the way, here's your assignment back.

You get an F in American political history.

Sonnabend
04-07-2010, 10:13 AM
BTW, I will retract a post I deleted. Nixon was in fact disbarred...I had to check to be sure.

He was never, however, impeached. Clinton was.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
04-07-2010, 10:20 AM

BTW, I will retract a post I deleted. Nixon was in fact disbarred...I had to check to be sure.

He was never, however, impeached. Clinton was.

Articles of impeachment against him were drafted and approved by the House on July 27th and July 29th 1974; Nixon was gone August 9th. A trial was certain, and conviction a near certainty and Goldwater as well as other important Republicans informed him they'd vote to impeach him--He only had the support of around a dozen or so members of his own party in Congress. That is why Nixon resigned--If he resigned, he would be able to keep his Presidential pension as well as receive a pardon (one of the options presented to President Nixon by Al Haig included resigning and being pardoned by his successor). Had he stayed, and been convicted, he would've lost all the benefits and pension of an ex-president, and as Nixon was deeply in debt already in back taxes, he would've been dead financially.

NJCardFan
04-07-2010, 12:07 PM
Articles of impeachment against him were drafted and approved by the House on July 27th and July 29th 1974; Nixon was gone August 9th. A trial was certain, and conviction a near certainty and Goldwater as well as other important Republicans informed him they'd vote to impeach him--He only had the support of around a dozen or so members of his own party in Congress. That is why Nixon resigned--If he resigned, he would be able to keep his Presidential pension as well as receive a pardon (one of the options presented to President Nixon by Al Haig included resigning and being pardoned by his successor). Had he stayed, and been convicted, he would've lost all the benefits and pension of an ex-president, and as Nixon was deeply in debt already in back taxes, he would've been dead financially.

Um, sweetums, in case you aren't paying attention, which you aren't, what has been said ad nauseum here is that when Republicans screw up, they're dealt with. You mentioned Nixon. He broke the law and would have been dealt with but he chose to resign, which was the right thing to do. However, your heroes keep getting elected. Marion Berry went to fucking jail and was re-elected mayor of DC when he got out. William Jefferson was caught with cash in his freezer and was re-elected. Ray Nagin completely botched the Katrina evacuation which cost lives and he was re-elected. Maxine Waters is a racist Marxist and keeps getting elected. Charlie Rangel is an open tax cheat and he will be re-elected. Shall I go on? And yes, when it comes to voting, a vast majority of blacks are clueless. They vote overwhelmingly Democrat and near unanimously black Democrat. As I said, blacks re-elected a crack smoking ex-con as mayor of the Capital city. How does that grab you? How many Republican ex-cons have been elected to office?

CaughtintheMiddle1990
04-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Um, sweetums, in case you aren't paying attention, which you aren't, what has been said ad nauseum here is that when Republicans screw up, they're dealt with. You mentioned Nixon. He broke the law and would have been dealt with but he chose to resign, which was the right thing to do. However, your heroes keep getting elected. Marion Berry went to fucking jail and was re-elected mayor of DC when he got out. William Jefferson was caught with cash in his freezer and was re-elected. Ray Nagin completely botched the Katrina evacuation which cost lives and he was re-elected. Maxine Waters is a racist Marxist and keeps getting elected. Charlie Rangel is an open tax cheat and he will be re-elected. Shall I go on? And yes, when it comes to voting, a vast majority of blacks are clueless. They vote overwhelmingly Democrat and near unanimously black Democrat. As I said, blacks re-elected a crack smoking ex-con as mayor of the Capital city. How does that grab you? How many Republican ex-cons have been elected to office?

Where did I say Berry, Jefferson, Chocolate City Man or Rangel were my heroes?
I agree that there is too much lenience in the Democratic Party. If this were the '70s, I'd be a Republican because Nixon, crooked or not, was in many other ways a good President; Ike was a great President; Ford, while not a good executive, was an incredibly decent person and better than Carter. Looking back I'd have voted for Ford in '76 to be honest if I could've, and I definately would've voted Nixon in '72, and Reagan in '80. I just don't like how Reagan introduced the radical social conservatism and made the party an almost theocratic party.

There is no true centrist party, thus I don't really support either of them for various reasons (The GOP for it's hypocrisy in recent decades** and extreme social conservatism; the Dems for their radical economic liberalism and racism)

**= The GOP has preached fiscal responsibility yet also been big spenders when given the chance. At least the Dems don't pretend to support fiscal conservatism; many are open with their liberal spending tendencies

Speedy
04-07-2010, 12:30 PM

Here is the difference between me and you regarding race and why YOU are a bigot and I am not. You see being black as something special. As something that designates a person needing of special protections and equal rights.

Me, I see them as anybody else and do not give a fuck about their color or culture and do not make any special concessions for it. I was married to a black woman and I was not with her because she was black, I was with her because of who she was and because she was hot. Our daughters do not need any special treatment. Our daughters were never owned by white people so no one needs to make it up to them. They do not need to clamor about "rights" because they already have every single right that everyone else does.

In my view, nobody is a niggger unless they want to be one.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
04-07-2010, 12:42 PM

Here is the difference between me and you regarding race and why YOU are a bigot and I am not. You see being black as something special. As something that designates a person needing of special protections and equal rights.

Me, I see them as anybody else and do not give a fuck about their color or culture and do not make any special concessions for it. I was married to a black woman and I was not with her because she was black, I was with her because of who she was and because she was hot. Our daughters do not need any special treatment. Our daughters were never owned by white people so no one needs to make it up to them. They do not need to clamor about "rights" because they already have every single right that everyone else does.

In my view, nobody is a niggger unless they want to be one.

Why shouldn't blacks have equal rights? That's bigoted.
When did I ever say black was ''something special needing special protections''?
I was being sarcastic in the post you quoted. Nor do I believe in reparations for slavery.
You are the one who used the word niggaz to start off.

NJCardFan
04-07-2010, 12:44 PM
When did I ever say black was ''something special needing special protections''?
I was being sarcastic in the post you quoted. Nor do I believe in reparations for slavery.

They do have equal rights you fuckbag. What rights do I have that blacks don't? As for special rights, does Affirmative Action ring a bell?

Speedy
04-07-2010, 12:49 PM

Yes, I started it off with niggaz. Because like I said, there are Blacks and there are niggaz. There are white people and there are trailer trash. There are gay people and there are fags. I do not create niggaz, trailer trash or fags. They pretty much create themselves. I just point them out and aknowledge they exist.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
04-07-2010, 12:58 PM
They do have equal rights you fuckbag. What rights do I have that blacks don't? As for special rights, does Affirmative Action ring a bell?

Speedy said I see black people as special people who deserve ''special protections and equal rights.'' So I questioned why he would disagree with their deserving equal rights. As for ''special protections/rights'' I know what he meant, and I don't support Affirmative Action, reparations or any such thing; I do not support black colleges, black history month etc on the grounds that there is a double standard in this country towards racially based pride/support.

I would support black colleges and black history month if the idea of white colleges (as both black colleges and white colleges, if students go there of their own or their parents' consent are guaranteed protection under freedom of association) and a white history month weren't considered racist while the former is considered 'pride.' I would support black scholarships if white scholarships were equally as accepted by society and there didn't exist a double standard. After all, people are free to create whatever scholarship or association they wish so long as it doesn't violate the law. However, the de facto, unspoken law is that institutions which uplift the Caucasian American are racist and therefore wrong, while institutions which uplift the African-American are institutions founded on justice and pride. That is wrong.

I have a big problem with the double standard that to be proud of being black is great while white pride is considered to be racist and akin to being a Neo-Nazi, and that that message is forced down many of my generations and the younger generation's throat, the message of: "If you're black, be proud; if you're white, feel guilty and weak."

Speedy
04-07-2010, 01:04 PM
Speedy said I see black people as special people who deserve ''special protections and equal rights.'' So I questioned why he would disagree with their deserving equal rights..

They do not protection or special rights because they already have EQUAL rights. Their rights are equal, that's it. They do not deserve any job anymore than any white person does. There is nothing wrong with an all white police force if no blacks were able to qualify under the same standards.

Megaguns91
04-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Speedy said I see black people as special people who deserve ''special protections and equal rights.'' So I questioned why he would disagree with their deserving equal rights. As for ''special protections/rights'' I know what he meant, and I don't support Affirmative Action, reparations or any such thing; I do not support black colleges, black history month etc on the grounds that there is a double standard in this country towards racially based pride/support.

I would support black colleges and black history month if the idea of white colleges (as both black colleges and white colleges, if students go there of their own or their parents' consent are guaranteed protection under freedom of association) and a white history month weren't considered racist while the former is considered 'pride.' I would support black scholarships if white scholarships were equally as accepted by society and there didn't exist a double standard. After all, people are free to create whatever scholarship or association they wish so long as it doesn't violate the law. However, the de facto, unspoken law is that institutions which uplift the Caucasian American are racist and therefore wrong, while institutions which uplift the African-American are institutions founded on justice and pride. That is wrong.

I have a big problem with the double standard that to be proud of being black is great while white pride is considered to be racist and akin to being a Neo-Nazi, and that that message is forced down many of my generations and the younger generation's throat, the message of: "If you're black, be proud; if you're white, feel guilty and weak."

Then what, may I ask, twinkletoes, are you making a fuss for?

CaughtintheMiddle1990
04-07-2010, 01:09 PM
They do not protection or special rights because they already have EQUAL rights. Their rights are equal, that's it. They do not deserve any job anymore than any white person does. There is nothing wrong with an all white police force if no blacks were able to qualify under the same standards.

I don't disagree with any of that. The way you phrased it originally, saying I feel they ''deserve special protection and equal rights'' sounds as if you felt they for whatever reason didn't deserve equal rights, not additional rights (or the special protections you spoke of earlier in the sentence).
I don't believe in racially based quotas for jobs, as while the idea sounded nice initially (like back in the 70s when there still was discrimination against blacks based solely on race), all they are now is institutionalized discrimination toward whites and an ambition-killer for blacks (as it shows them they don't need to be ambitious to get by, all they need to do is be black.)

Affirmative Action is a regressive policy which harms both races in different ways.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
04-07-2010, 01:10 PM

Then what, may I ask, twinkletoes, are you making a fuss for?

Speedy said people like Rangel, Frank, etc are in power because ''Niggaz don't know better.'' I initally took that as a racist statement.

Speedy
04-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Speedy said people like Rangel, Frank, etc are in power because ''Niggaz don't know better.'' I initally took that as a racist statement.

Dude, I have been more involved in black organizations than you could ever know. My wife, Yvette was one of the officers of an organization called The Lecorterie Society. They are an organization that gives out scholarships to poor kids of all races. You have to be black and female to be in the organization. Yvette was also member of another black group called The Cosmopolitan Club. This club gave out scholarships to black girls and had a debutante ball every year for these young women who were high school seniors.

Yvette's father was the head of the local NAACP chapter.

When I say that Rangel was in office because of Niggaz, it is because he is. It does not matter what he does, what he says or who he fucks over, he is a Nigga from a Nigga district and Niggaz are going to keep him there. If you really, really spend time around black folks on their turf, you will learn that they are a hell of a lot more racist as a group than white people ever thought of being.

Here is what is funny. When I was with Yvette I would help set up a bunch of events, get drafted to participate as a model in their yearly fashion show fund raiser just like all of the other husbands and boyfriends. At least two thirds of us were Hispanic or White.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
04-07-2010, 01:42 PM
Dude, I have been more involved in black organizations than you could ever know. My wife, Yvette was one of the officers of an organization called The Lecorterie Society. They are an organization that gives out scholarships to poor kids of all races. You have to be black and female to be in the organization. Yvette was also member of another black group called The Cosmopolitan Club. This club gave out scholarships to black girls and had a debutante ball every year for these young women who were high school seniors.

When I say that Rangel was in office because of Niggaz, it is because he is. It does not matter what he does, what he says or who he fucks over, he is a Nigga from a Nigga district and Niggaz are going to keep him there. If you really, really spend time around black folks on their turf, you will learn that they are a hell of a lot more racist as a group than white people ever thought of being.

Here is what is funny. When I was with Yvette I would help set up a bunch of events, get drafted to participate as a model in their yearly fashion show fund raiser just like all of the other husbands and boyfriends. At least two thirds of us were Hispanic or White.

Well, I apologize then.
By the way you sound just like my brother in law. He believes as you do--the whole Niggas vs. Black people idea, talks like you do too.
I agree with you in that blacks are a lot more racist than whites--it's because their racism is accepted and condoned by society at large, and encouraged by a certain subset of their culture (rap, movies, etc) that make it ''cool'' to put down whitey. And whitey, as my father says, has lost their balls because they don't put their foot down. The neighborhood my dad came from, if a black person started saying ''Honky this and that'', they'd be missing teeth and having broken ribs--This is the early-mid 70s I'm talking about. My dad came from a very proud Italian neighborhood, they beat the shit out of blacks who came through. Al Sharpton was stabbed in that neighborhood. My grandfather (dad's dad) was there watching that march and he said if they began to act violent or whatever he'd get his guns out. He's a hard core conservative. Others were screaming and whatnot.

Hell, even that whole sagging pants thing, my dad says, came from blacks in prison back in the 70s.

NJCardFan
04-07-2010, 01:57 PM

They don't, guy. It's as simple as that. If there was some disparity with the way they vote then that'd be a different story. But a majority of blacks vote Democrat because they're supposed to. If one strays from the pack, they are torn apart by the collective. Look at how Condi Rice or Michael Steele or Colin Powell(before he supported Obama) were treated in the media. Harry Belafonte went so far as to call Rice and Powell house slaves all because they were a part of the Bush administration. There is no more of an ostracized group out there than black conservatives. But as for a majority of black voters, there has got to be a reason why they vote nearly unanimously Democrat.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
04-07-2010, 02:00 PM

They don't, guy. It's as simple as that. If there was some disparity with the way they vote then that'd be a different story. But a majority of blacks vote Democrat because they're supposed to. If one strays from the pack, they are torn apart by the collective. Look at how Condi Rice or Michael Steele or Colin Powell(before he supported Obama) were treated in the media. Harry Belafonte went so far as to call Rice and Powell house slaves all because they were a part of the Bush administration. There is no more of an ostracized group out there than black conservatives. But as for a majority of black voters, there has got to be a reason why they vote nearly unanimously Democrat.

It's sad, really. But I don't think they feel that they're ''supposed to'' I guess they feel the Democratic does things for them--They've been voting Democrat increasingly since FDR.
I don't remember Condi or Colin getting that treatment, but then to be fair I wasn't paying attention to politics back in '05 or '06. But I have read about the whole Clarence Thomas affair and that was disgraceful. Thankfully Teddy was unable to do another character assassination like he did of Bork.

BTW--I've always admired and liked Colin. I wish he would've ran for President in '96, he might have made a good one. He's a very intelligent man regardless of his support for Obama.

NJCardFan
04-07-2010, 03:23 PM
It's sad, really. But I don't think they feel that they're ''supposed to'' I guess they feel the Democratic does things for them--They've been voting Democrat increasingly since FDR.
I don't remember Condi or Colin getting that treatment, but then to be fair I wasn't paying attention to politics back in '05 or '06. But I have read about the whole Clarence Thomas affair and that was disgraceful. Thankfully Teddy was unable to do another character assassination like he did of Bork.

BTW--I've always admired and liked Colin. I wish he would've ran for President in '96, he might have made a good one. He's a very intelligent man regardless of his support for Obama.

http://www.blackcommentator.com/14_belafonte.html

HARRY BELAFONTE, ACTIVIST: There's an old saying in the days of slavery. There are those slaves who lived on the plantation, and there were those slaves who lived in the house. You got the privilege of living in the house if you served the master. Colin Powell was permitted to come into the house of the master.
That's because it's what they're told to do:
Black conservative tea party backers take heat (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jgsc8tVOOWtYQPQc6d5yLsbzjf4QD9ETR1380)

"I've been told I hate myself. I've been called an Uncle Tom. I've been told I'm a spook at the door," said Timothy F. Johnson, chairman of the Frederick Douglass Foundation, a group of black conservatives who support free market principles and limited government.

"Black Republicans find themselves always having to prove who they are. Because the assumption is the Republican Party is for whites and the Democratic Party is for blacks," he said.

stsinner
04-07-2010, 04:24 PM

Please name for me one person, just one, who was a corrupt tax cheat and appointed by President Bush-either of them.. I can name at least four whom Obama appointed even after knowing, and one is in charge of the Treasury.... Is any of this sinking in? Democrats are crooks!!! And Obama is their king!

patriot45
04-07-2010, 06:32 PM

Hey scumball, can you add to the list of liberal, asshole traitors? Yes or no question!
This is CU, not your liberal little plaything. If BC was here but he's not so I'll say it, Go fuck yourself!

Liberals are mentally retarded, and they lie.

04-07-2010, 07:08 PM

The reason is that they are being lied to by the media and they have been "hooked" on government programs.

Just like the corner drug dealer does, the Democrats give out "free" samples (programs). Pretty soon they are addicted.

Many of them are utterly dependent upon those government programs. They are voting themselves back to the plantation.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
04-07-2010, 07:11 PM
The reason is that they are being lied to by the media and they have been "hooked" on government programs.

Just like the corner drug dealer does, the Democrats give out "free" samples (programs). Pretty soon they are addicted.

Many of them are utterly dependent upon those government programs. They are voting themselves back to the plantation.

Yeah, because no government program has genuinely helped anyone, ever :rolleyes:

NJCardFan
04-07-2010, 10:16 PM
Yeah, because no government program has genuinely helped anyone, ever :rolleyes:

Are you really this stupid? Individually, yes there are probably some people who were on public assistance and achieved prosperity at some point but collectively, no. There are whole generations of families who are on welfare. If these programs are so great, why is poverty still very rampant in this country? Especially within the minority communities. You have people on this assistance who don't want to get off of it. This is a statement of fact. Open your fucking eyes.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
04-07-2010, 10:49 PM

Are you really this stupid? Individually, yes there are probably some people who were on public assistance and achieved prosperity at some point but collectively, no. There are whole generations of families who are on welfare. If these programs are so great, why is poverty still very rampant in this country? Especially within the minority communities. You have people on this assistance who don't want to get off of it. This is a statement of fact. Open your fucking eyes.

The people who are on public assistance that don't want to get off, whose fault is that? The programs' or their character? Should those who benefit and actually go on to achieve be punished for the low ambitions of those who abuse the system? Why not just reform the system and clean the waste, both in the system and the users?
And I agree welfare needs more reform, and restrictions on things to make it so that families don't ''end up for generations on welfare'' but I wouldn't do away with it completely. I'd make it more workfare and job training programs, and make drug tests as well as some form of employment after a time mandatory.
And what about public assistance say for those who are mentally ill, for example Section 8 housing? Or should we just say ''fuck em''--they're crazy, let em die on the streets?
What about Medicaid? ''Fuck 'em, they're poor, they deserve to die?"
Or student loans?
Or grants?

Rockntractor
04-07-2010, 11:00 PM
Are you really this stupid?

I think he just answered your question!

04-08-2010, 06:00 AM

Did I say that???

What you don't realize is that for the vast majority of those "helped" - a better solution would be private charities and a hand UP instead of a hand out.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
04-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Did I say that???

What you don't realize is that for the vast majority of those "helped" - a better solution would be private charities and a hand UP instead of a hand out.

Ah the old Reagan ''hand up/hand out'' phrase. I don't look at the programs as a hand out. And private charities can only do so much for so many people, and they depend on the goodness of the people running them. I'd trust government charity programs a lot more, but then I don't have a problem with taxes being raised for the benefit of others than myself. That's why I could never be a conservative: Modern conservatism is Social Darwinism and is founded upon greed. Fuck thy neighbor and let him die in the streets, it's his own fault.

Rockntractor
04-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Ah the old Reagan ''hand up/hand out'' phrase. I don't look at the programs as a hand out. And private charities can only do so much for so many people, and they depend on the goodness of the people running them. I'd trust government charity programs a lot more, but then I don't have a problem with taxes being raised for the benefit of others than myself. That's why I could never be a conservative: Modern conservatism is Social Darwinism and is founded upon greed. Fuck thy neighbor and let him die in the streets, it's his own fault.

Hold that thought, we will ask you again when you actually start paying taxes and working for a living.

NJCardFan
04-08-2010, 06:21 PM
The people who are on public assistance that don't want to get off, whose fault is that? The programs' or their character? Should those who benefit and actually go on to achieve be punished for the low ambitions of those who abuse the system? Why not just reform the system and clean the waste, both in the system and the users?
And I agree welfare needs more reform, and restrictions on things to make it so that families don't ''end up for generations on welfare'' but I wouldn't do away with it completely. I'd make it more workfare and job training programs, and make drug tests as well as some form of employment after a time mandatory.
And what about public assistance say for those who are mentally ill, for example Section 8 housing? Or should we just say ''fuck em''--they're crazy, let em die on the streets?
Or student loans?
Or grants?

I'm calling you out. You say you're a centrist or a moderate. You are not. You're a leftist/liberal. 99.9% of what you say is in support of leftist/liberal ideology. You constantly argue using left wing talking points. You constantly take leftist/liberal stances. You talk in extremes which is a tactic of the left. Be a man and admit what you are: You are a liberal and a troll. You're a troll to the point that I'm beginning to believe you to be a sock puppet.

Now, that said, as Jules Winfield said in Pulp Fiction, "allow me to retort":

Both but mostly the system. There is no timetable. No ceiling. So there is no want to get off. If you see a stray animal and you start to feed it, which is noble, but it will keep coming back for more. It will stop doing what it did to survive(hunt) and will continue to come to your door and it will never leave until you do whatever to get rid of it or continue to feed it. Same with some of these welfare families. There s no desire to get off of the assistance because there is no hurry to.

Um, what did the mentally ill do before welfare? Were they dying in the streets then? No. They were cared for by charities and churches. Again, typical liberal use of extremes. Besides, this shows you how stupid you are. Section 8 housing is for low income families, not the mentally ill. So, in an of itself it is a form of welfare.

Again, typical liberal use of extremes but to answer the question, see above. Nobody was dying in the streets before welfare and medicaid. As above, they were cared for by charity care.

Or student loans?
In the world I live in, student loans are to be paid back so I have no problem with these. But you probably believe that student loans should be optional for paying them back.

Or grants?
What type of grants? Be specific. Are you talking educational grants? I have no issue with these as long as the student maintains a certain GPA. At least people receiving educational grants are trying to do someting with their life.

As was said, wait until you start paying taxes. Wait until you look at your paycheck and see almost 40% of your paycheck going to assorted taxes.

04-08-2010, 07:43 PM

I don't have any trouble with helping people who actually need it. In fact I'll bet I have contributed more money to charitable causes than you will make in your entire life.

I'll bet I have donated more of my time than you will ever donate in your entire life.

I don't even have a problem with the government helping those truly in need (state or local governments).

The problem is that people get dependent on those programs. But if they had not been forced to "contribute" to these programs they would be FAR better off.

Take social security for example. Take ANY 40 year period since it's inception and the market has outperformed it by a factor of at least 3.

This WONDERFUL government program has caused millions of our retired persons to retire in POVERTY.

Here is a handy calculator on the rate of return for Social Security. It takes your income, filing status and your assumed working life (based on your birth date) into account.

http://politicalcalculations.blogspot.com/2007/01/approximating-social-securitys-rate-of.html

Compare it with the average stock return you can put in any time frame you wish.

http://www.moneychimp.com/features/market_cagr.htm

For me, it would mean the difference between a ROR of 0.27% with Social Security vs 12.35% in the S&P 500.

Literally millions of dollars difference by the time I retire.

Keep in mind this INCLUDES the last crash.

Lager
04-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Modern conservatism is Social Darwinism and is founded upon greed. Fuck thy neighbor and let him die in the streets, it's his own fault.

Then you don't have a trace of a clue of what conservatism is about. Show me the evidence of greed, if I would rather give a thousand dollars to a worthwhile charity or cause, before I would give an extra one hundred dollars to a corrupt, wasteful government?

NJCardFan
04-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Modern conservatism is Social Darwinism and is founded upon greed. Fuck thy neighbor and let him die in the streets, it's his own fault.

It's a known fact that conservatives are far more charitable then liberals. (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/03/conservatives_more_liberal_giv.html)(Before you libs start stomping your feet about something quoted from Real Clear Politics and George Will, note that the book he is referring to is written by a liberal) And the most compassionate people alive are religious people, who tend to be more conservative. The most charitable organization on earth is the Salvation Army, a Christian organization. So whomever this line is quoted from, your argument fails. Badly.