PDA

View Full Version : Greenpeace resorts to threats..and gets pwned

Sonnabend
04-07-2010, 09:20 AM
Source (http://weblog.greenpeace.org/climate/2010/04/will_the_real_climategate_plea_1.html#whereyoulive )

“Let's talk about what that mass civil disobedience is going to look like. "If you're one of those who have spent their lives undermining progressive climate legislation, bankrolling junk science, fueling spurious debates around false solutions, and cattle-prodding democratically-elected governments into submission, then hear this:
We know who you are. We know where you live. We know where you work. And we be many, but you be few.”

That was bad enough, but the thread moderator has uttered the biggest LIE in all of Greenie history.

On climate change: we know that Climate Change is real, it’s happening now, and it’s costing lives already. To do nothing in the face of this would be disowning everything we are.

So, with that in place, I'll throw down this challenge.

Name me ONE death anywhere in the world that can be incontrovertibly, unerringly, accurately laid at the feet of "man made climate change". I want the facts on one death that was DIRECTLY caused by so called climate change.

Name, date place, and ABSOLUTE proof that ANY form of "climate change" caused a death.

I don't want a list...all I want is one name.

Just one.

bijou
04-07-2010, 09:29 AM
Heh. I was just looking at a blog post about this.
When Green loons realise that they've made a mistake...

Posted by Devil's Kitchen at 4/07/2010 11:10:00 AM
... they move their threatening articles off their websites and post, instead, a mealy-mouthed apology from someone called Ananth.

Well, we’ve taken down that post from our website. It’s very easy to misconstrue that line, take it out of context and suggest it means something wholly different from the practice of peaceful civil disobedience, which is what the post was about. Anyone who knows Gene knows he’s an entirely peaceful guy. In the interest of transparency we have moved it off site to this location, where you can read the offending quotes in context and judge for yourself:

We got this one wrong, no doubt about it. I’m holding up my hands on behalf of the organisation and saying sorry for that. Peaceful action is at the very core of what we do, so any language that even comes close to suggesting that’s not the case is something we cannot support.

Uh huh.

Of course, in the interests of transparency, Anthony Watts has archived the article in situ, so that you can constantly remind yourself of the kid of thing that Greenpeace "cannot support" but did anyway. ... http://www.devilskitchen.me.uk/2010/04/when-green-loons-realise-that-theyve.html

Sonnabend
04-07-2010, 09:49 AM
Wallets !! I didn't know you hippies had wallets.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Hey, I'm one of those who spent my life undermining the "consensus". We don't see eye-to-eye on matters scientific. I wrote the first FOI to CRU requesting Phil Jones' DATA, and guess what?

After lying to me repeatedly and illegally fobbing off my requests, he finally had to admit he'd lost the data ... and you call that "science"? The only reason the police didn't indict him is the statute of limitations had run out.

More lies by Jones.

Dear Juliana,
At no point in this entry did Gene threaten to do anything more than civil disobedience and non-violent direct action - neither of which involve any kind of violence.
Peace,
Juliette

Is that panic I smell?

BTW. this comment is from Norway. I think I'll have whale steak for dinner today. You know, they are easy to find in the store. Where they belong, right next to the fishsticks. I'm not lying, that is actually true.

Yessssssssss...........

and this

Dear Von,
Unfortunately, it's not the sun (http://www.skepticalscience.com/solar-activity-sunspots-global-warming.htm), it's us.

Dr Freeman Dyson says otherwise, sweetie....

Hi all, I had a chat with Juliette and we decided to re-open the comments (they were closed for about an hour).
She was understandably freaked out by the violent tone of some of the people posting.
While we encourage and appreciate discussion in the comments, do stay polite and don't incite violence. (Not towards our staff, not towards people we disagree with, not towards anyone. Please be nice people. Thanks.)
-- Andrew (Greenpeace web producer)

....and he hasnt yet realised that this started with THEM making the threat. Tsk tsk...and yet another nail in the AGW coffin...

Hi Oliver,
I'm sorry you take it that way, but as Andrew has explained, this is not what is meant by Gene, or by anyone in Greenpeace.

...published by a Greenpeace blogger on a Greenpeace site....oops....

Gene was talking about exposing the big money players funding the climate denial machine. It's no coincidence that his blog was posted two days after we published this report (http://www.greenpeace.org/international/news/dirty-money-climate-30032010).

Old meme, debunked and yet another lie....:rolleyes:

"Corporate lobbies are endangering our planet's climate and people's lives for profit" -Juliette
-You realize this is a double edged sword. Have a look at the billions of dollars that Al Gore's carbon trading CORPORATION have raked in at the taxpayer's expense.

OUCH!!!!! :eek:

This is the best of the bunch

"We be many, you be few." But I bet we have more ammo.

Hee hee hee hee................I LOVE IT....:D

wilbur
04-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Before anyone suggests that I am a card carrying member, I really despise Greenpeace... however, there seems to be an interesting related bit left off of this story by your good friends at your rightwing blogs.

When I saw those threatening sounding words, I immediately thought of Greenpeace's recent big report, which purports to show that Koch Industries has been pouring millions into buying climate research which is favourable to their industry (ie. Oil) - and of course, it further claims that they are attempting to hide their affiliation with the purchased "research", by funnelling it through think-tanks or other "independent" lobbies and "research" groups. Then, of course, it would be promulgated en masse, through the right-wing media circuit, who is all too happy to repeat such information, ad nauseam.

I'm sure most of you have heard of this report, because... well, most right wing news sources are simply going to ignore it.

Here's the page with the report:
http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/campaigns/global-warming-and-energy/polluterwatch/koch-industries

Here's an article from the guardian:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/mar/30/us-oil-donated-millions-climate-sceptics

So in that context, the threat really looks like its aimed at such players - if we were to give GP the benefit of the doubt, in this instance.

One of the comments on Sonna's link, kind of confirms this:

And this from a person who didn't even leave a real email address. Glad you're into peace and Gandhi - at least we have that in common.

A lot of folks posting here and on other blogs embrace violence as a solution (often violence using guns).

By contrast, Greenpeace as an organization, has a long record of peaceful protest.

But more to your point - No one has asked for your address, and I doubt anyone would want to come to your house. (No offense intended, I'm sure it's very nice.)

We're talking about exposing the role of the big money players, like Koch, in creating an artificial climate of doubt about global warming.

-- Andrew (Greenpeace web producer)

Sonnabend
04-07-2010, 10:57 AM
We know who you are. We know where you live. We know where you work. And we be many, but you be few.”

If anyone were to utter those words to me, I would take it, as they did, as a direct THREAT. Greenpeace has no credibility.

None.

Sonnabend
04-07-2010, 10:57 AM
ey, I'm one of those who spent my life undermining the "consensus". We don't see eye-to-eye on matters scientific. I wrote the first FOI to CRU requesting Phil Jones' DATA, and guess what?

After lying to me repeatedly and illegally fobbing off my requests, he finally had to admit he'd lost the data ... and you call that "science"? The only reason the police didn't indict him is the statute of limitations had run out.

Jones lied. Again.

wilbur
04-07-2010, 11:02 AM
Jones lied. Again.

When did he lie a first time? Do I really have to spank you like a foolish child once again on this topic?

Sonnabend
04-07-2010, 11:16 AM
When did he lie a first time? Do I really have to spank you like a foolish child once again on this topic?

Subject: Fwd: CCNet: PRESSURE GROWING ON CONTROVERSIAL RESEARCHER TO DISCLOSE SECRET DATA
Date: Mon Feb 21 16:28:32 2005
Cc: “raymond s. bradley” , “Malcolm Hughes” Mike, Ray and Malcolm,
The skeptics seem to be building up a head of steam here ! Maybe we can use this to our advantage to get the series updated !
Odd idea to update the proxies with satellite estimates of the lower troposphere rather than surface data !. Odder still that they don’t realise that Moberg et al used the Jones and Moberg updated series !
Francis Zwiers is till onside. He said that PC1s produce hockey sticks. He stressed that the late 20th century is the warmest of the millennium, but Regaldo didn’t bother
with that. Also ignored Francis’ comment about all the other series looking similar to MBH.
The IPCC comes in for a lot of stick. Leave it to you to delete as appropriate !
Cheers
Phil
PS I’m getting hassled by a couple of people to release the CRU station temperature data.
Don’t any of you three tell anybody that the UK has a Freedom of Information Act !

Jones has admitted he wrote this email. Every word of it.

and here

Hey, I'm one of those who spent my life undermining the "consensus". We don't see eye-to-eye on matters scientific. I wrote the first FOI to CRU requesting Phil Jones' DATA, and guess what?

Looks pretty clear cut to me.

M21
04-07-2010, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the links Wilbur.

Speedy
04-07-2010, 01:11 PM
If anyone were to utter those words to me, I would take it, as they did, as a direct THREAT. Greenpeace has no credibility.

None.

That would mean that whatever the tripwires on the approaches to my house are attached to would go from standby to live.

Sonnabend
04-08-2010, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the links Wilbur.

Yes, well, we are all well aware whose side you are on, M21. :rolleyes:

Constitutionally Speaking
04-08-2010, 06:55 PM
When I saw those threatening sounding words, I immediately thought of Greenpeace's recent big report, which purports to show that Koch Industries has been pouring millions into buying climate research which is favourable to their industry (ie. Oil) - and of course, it further claims that they are attempting to hide their affiliation with the purchased "research", by funnelling it through think-tanks or other "independent" lobbies and "research" groups. Then, of course, it would be promulgated en masse, through the right-wing media circuit, who is all too happy to repeat such information, ad nauseam.

Wilbur,

ALL research is paid for or "bought" by one interest group or another.

Sonnabend
04-09-2010, 05:22 AM
I found deaths attributed to global warming (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/southamerica/argentina/7344329/Baby-survives-parents-global-warming-suicide-pact.html)

A seven-month-old girl survived for three days alone with a bullet in her chest after being shot by her parents as part of a suicide pact over their fears about global warming.

Their son Francisco, two, died instantly after being hit in the back.

However, their unnamed daughter cheated death after the bullet from her father's handgun missed her vital organs. Police were alerted by worried neighbours who discovered the massacre three days after the shooting and the girl was taken to hospital.

The youngster is recovering in hospital in the town of Goya in the northern Argentine province of Corrientes, where doctors say she is out of danger. Her parents said they feared the effects of global warming in a suicide note discovered by police