PDA

View Full Version : The Rape of America

megimoo
04-07-2010, 11:59 AM
The Rape of America

Let's start by analyzing the mind of a rapist. His goal: Domination and absolute power, through any means necessary.His motivation: punishing another, degrading her, feeling superior and God-like. Making her feel like an object, nothing, a no-thing.What else propels him? Taking what he wants just because he wants it. Feeling the surge of power, the adrenaline rush, the thrill of stealing a piece of her.Anything else? Feeding primitive, twisted impulses; expressing sadistic needs; the savage excitement of subjugating and controlling another.

Those most likely to rape? Someone who was sexually abused himself, an outsider, a person robbed of a normal childhood. A man who has carved an identity out of rage and envy and resentment. Someone who feels entitled to take whatever he wants.What fosters rape? Parents missing in action. A culture that thumbs its nose at God.

And a society that minimizes crime, that even heralds certain criminals as heroes. (Some Black Panthers were rapists, yet they're revered as idols.) A culture where punishment is weak and politicians are moral cowards, fearful of the ACLU.What else? A media that celebrates debauchery, that entertains through degrading and objectifying. Popular rap songs and cool hip-hop artists whose words slice and dice women. Films where anything goes, where hot lesbian sex scenes are as omnipresent as those boneheaded authority figures.

And the aftermath of rape? The destruction of something in the victim that will never return: a feeling of safety in the world, in her own body. The nightmare of being treated as an animal -- no, worse than this, since animals are now venerated. And from this nightmare she may never completely awaken.This, in a nutshell, is how rape works. But words alone can never capture the enormity, the horror, the soul-crushing evil of rape. And not only females can be victims; men and little boys are violated, with women, on rare occasions, as perpetrators.
snip

http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/04/the_rape_of_america_1.html

Wei Wu Wei
04-07-2010, 02:31 PM
This is so belittling to actual victims of rape. The person who wrote this should be ashamed.

Megaguns91
04-07-2010, 02:44 PM
This is so belittling to actual victims of rape. The person who wrote this should be ashamed.

I've had enough of your poorly thought out posts to last me a lifetime. Are you a victim of rape?

AmPat
04-07-2010, 02:50 PM
I've had enough of your poorly thought out posts to last me a lifetime. Are you a victim of rape?

He's a liberal. No thought is required. Only reflexive, anti-Conservative, pro-deviant bumper sticker talking points. He has been indoctrinated in "Me Wee Wee, Me Victim" mentality. His only thought is "how soon can I get back to the taxpayer's titty and suck some more?"

megimoo
04-07-2010, 03:22 PM
This is so belittling to actual victims of rape. The person who wrote this should be ashamed.The author A frequent AT contributor, Robin of Berkeley is a recovering liberal and a psychotherapist in Berkeley Calif.She deals with rape victims for a living dip_shit !

noonwitch
04-07-2010, 04:18 PM
It's bullshit hyperbole, but I'm sure the author could get Beck to read it on the air and run with the analogy.

Before anyone attacks my credentials, I also work with rape survivors, children who were raped, for the most part.

I really don't think republicans/americans have been symbolically raped through the health care bill-I understand objecting to it, and fighting it in the arena of public opinion. If conservatives, republicans and/or Teabaggers want to use that language, the american public at large probably will not buy into it. If those parties choose to use that kind of terminology, they run the risk of jumping the shark long before November.

Wei Wu Wei, before you get too worked up, remember that this article was posted here by a guy who not too many weeks ago posted that rape is easier for females to endure because their bodies were made for it.

Wei Wu Wei
04-07-2010, 04:23 PM
It's good to see there are at least some sane people here. :)

It's too bad the crazies are the ones that make the most noise, and give conservatives as a whole a bad name.

PoliCon
04-07-2010, 04:50 PM

It's too bad the crazies are the ones that make the most noise, and give conservatives as a whole a bad name.

What do you know about rape?

PoliCon
04-07-2010, 04:52 PM
It's bullshit hyperbole, but I'm sure the author could get Beck to read it on the air and run with the analogy.

Before anyone attacks my credentials, I also work with rape survivors, children who were raped, for the most part.

I really don't think republicans/americans have been symbolically raped through the health care bill-I understand objecting to it, and fighting it in the arena of public opinion. If conservatives, republicans and/or Teabaggers want to use that language, the american public at large probably will not buy into it. If those parties choose to use that kind of terminology, they run the risk of jumping the shark long before November.

Wei Wu Wei, before you get too worked up, remember that this article was posted here by a guy who not too many weeks ago posted that rape is easier for females to endure because their bodies were made for it.

Do you deny that America was overwhelmingly against this bill? Do you deny that it was forced on us? Do you deny the degradation of it? It's hyperbole - true - but it's not that much of a stretch. I feel just about as violated now as I did then.

Megaguns91
04-07-2010, 05:01 PM
I fail to see how this lady's article is relevant to anything political except the fact that some politics enable other's to get away with rape.

AmPat
04-08-2010, 12:02 AM

It's too bad the crazies are the ones that make the most noise, and give conservatives as a whole a bad name.Conservatives "as a whole," have a better name than liberturds. As for crazies, there are items called mirrors----------Buy one!

AmPat
04-08-2010, 12:06 AM

I wonder if that applies to Liberal colleges who can't handle the same from Ann Coulter? What about that pejorative you use describing Americans who stand up for traditional American values. Where's the outrage against this deviant, sick name calling. How ironic that most REAL Tea Baggers belong to the party that actually practices that perversion.

noonwitch
04-08-2010, 09:02 AM
I wonder if that applies to Liberal colleges who can't handle the same from Ann Coulter? What about that pejorative you use describing Americans who stand up for traditional American values. Where's the outrage against this deviant, sick name calling. How ironic that most REAL Tea Baggers belong to the party that actually practices that perversion.

I think college liberals who try to keep Ann Coulter off their campus are stupid. I don't like her or her manner of speaking, but it's a free country and obviously, plenty of people are willing to pay to see her at the university or college in question. That raises money for the school, which is a good thing.

This author has the right to say whatever irresponsible thing she wants to, we are not China, we have the First Amendment. I have to the right to call it bullshit hyperbole. I might not like every aspect of the Health Care Bill, but I think it's good that parents can cover their college student kids, and that an insurance company can't deny someone for a pre-existing condition. It's not the same as rape, which leaves a victim beaten, bruised, humiliated and vulnerable in the ultimate way. Polls may show numbers that the american people oppose the bill, but the american people put all the people in office who voted for it. It's not forced down their throats, anymore than the Patriot Act was, which is something I opposed, but there were politicians I supported with my votes at various times before and after it who did vote for it.

The more outrage you express over the use of the word Tea Baggers, the more likely people opposed to that group are going to use the term. It's like the kid who cries on the playground when everyone is mean to him-the thing they said that made him cry will be his nickname for the next 8 years. I'm helping to desensitize you to it:)

PoliCon
04-08-2010, 10:21 AM
and that an insurance company can't deny someone for a pre-existing condition. They can't charge them accordingly either. Do you think for a second it's fair that I in perfect health have to pay a higher rate to cover Sally Shithead who has Hep C because she's a dirty crackwhore? I mean do we charge safe drivers with clean records the same we charge idiots with multiple moving violations and accidents on their record? The pre-existing condition is no different than a bad driving record.

linda22003
04-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Your pre-existing condition isn't a perfect analogy, Poli. What about my mother, who ate healthy and took good care of herself, and still developed breast cancer?

PoliCon
04-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Your pre-existing condition isn't a perfect analogy, Poli. What about my mother, who ate healthy and took good care of herself, and still developed breast cancer?

Sure it does. Just because you have a good driving record - or just because you have good life style habits - does not mean you can't have an accident or develop some health issues. The point is - would you expect the car insurance company to charge the asshole who drives like a maniac at the same rate as you who drive carefully? Or do you accept that they should have to pay a higher rate?

Wei Wu Wei
04-08-2010, 06:53 PM
This is exactly why health insurance and health care in general shouldn't be treated like a commidity. The obvious and rational business perspective encourages companies to deny as many claims as possible.

PoliCon
04-08-2010, 07:20 PM
This is exactly why health insurance and health care in general shouldn't be treated like a commidity. The obvious and rational business perspective encourages companies to deny as many claims as possible.

http://maaadddog.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/dumbass.jpg

malloc
04-08-2010, 07:48 PM
This is exactly why health insurance and health care in general shouldn't be treated like a commidity.

Side Note: Heath care absolutely has to be treated as a trade good because that's exactly what it is! We have no right to health care because we can only have an absolute right to things we inherently posses. If you are a trained doctor, then you can argue that you have a right to health care because no one can stop you from treating yourself, but otherwise, health care is a commodity because it is scarce in the economic sense. When you ignorant liberals attempt to skirt economic laws, and pretend that scarcity doesn't exist, you cause nothing but misery for Americans. I know you liberals think you are helping, but you aren't.

If I walk into a doctor's office, and say, "I'm sick. You have to help me. I can't pay you for your time and expertise.", the doctor has every right to refuse. If the doctor refuses, and I come back with a gun and put it to his head and repeat the request, that is theft. If I go out on the street and take money from another upon threat of force to pay the doctor, that is still theft. If I ask government officials with very fancy titles and hats to go take money, upon threat of force, from others to pay my doctor, it is still theft. Anything you have to steal to acquire cannot be a right, it must be a trade good.

This might help you understand exactly what a right is:

t26ENNxHiPg

The obvious and rational business perspective encourages companies to deny as many claims as possible.

Who feeds you this stuff? If an insurance company denied as many claims as possible, even legitimate ones, that insurance company would soon have no customers and would be staring at bankruptcy. I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield medical coverage. They are a huge, profitable insurance company, and I have never been denied anything my doctor said I needed, ever. I know that the insurance and health care industry pre-ObamaCare wasn't exactly ideal, but a complete government takeover was the absolute worse solution that could be enacted to remedy the problem. The problem was cost of care, and that isn't addressed in this bill in anyway that can overcome the scarcity of care. This solution doesn't address costs, it just pretends that costs and scarcity aren't a problem and don't exist.

AmPat
04-10-2010, 11:33 AM
[QUOTE=noonwitch;257775]
... and that an insurance company can't deny someone for a pre-existing condition. It's not the same as rape, which leaves a victim beaten, bruised, humiliated and vulnerable in the ultimate way. Polls may show numbers that the american people oppose the bill, but the american people put all the people in office who voted for it. It's not forced down their throats, anymore than the Patriot Act was, which is something I opposed, but there were politicians I supported with my votes at various times before and after it who did vote for it.
We have a representative form of government. That means that yes, we vote for these turds but that we vote for these turds to REPRESENT us. NOT force bad legislation through because of a hyper-partisan, my dick is bigger than your dick, playground taunting because we have the power.

The more outrage you express over the use of the word Tea Baggers, the more likely people opposed to that group are going to use the term. It's like the kid who cries on the playground when everyone is mean to him-the thing they said that made him cry will be his nickname for the next 8 years. I'm helping to desensitize you to it:)
1. I'm not "outraged," I'm disgusted with the obvious hipocrisy of these same liberal idiots who would skewer Conservatives for using the same term to discribe what is known to be in their base. You know, the REAL Teabaggers that vote DIMWIToRAT every election?:rolleyes:
2. Since you approve of and defend your buddies using such terms, I expect no post to ANY terms against your beloved Marxists using ANY pejoratives no matter the context, including racist. FAIR?:cool:

AmPat
04-10-2010, 11:40 AM
Sure it does. Just because you have a good driving record - or just because you have good life style habits - does not mean you can't have an accident or develop some health issues. The point is - would you expect the car insurance company to charge the asshole who drives like a maniac at the same rate as you who drive carefully? Or do you accept that they should have to pay a higher rate?

Only if he can afford it, otherwise, all the rest of us will pitch in to cover his irreponsible @$$. If this was the practice in car insr, non of us could afford the premiums. Watch what happens when we start letting these crack heads and gov't titty suckers flood the hospitals with their lifestyle induced maladies. Those chronic E.R. dwellers with the sniffles, drug-alcohol related health problems, overeating, too many kids and no daddies, gangster POS's with stabbings and gunshots, can't wait to pay for all that "free health insrurance.":rolleyes: