PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Private Army now law.

megimoo
04-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Two page provision of Health Bill: 6,000 people in the direct service to the president at his discretion;

the power to conscript the National Guard troops from the governors, even against their will; 17M funding for now.

Obama's Private Army now law.......Molon Labe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM-JiGGYJ5w&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwaAVJITx1Y

fettpett
04-07-2010, 07:58 PM
no surprise there, but wtf is he going to do with 6000 tropps against 300 million American?

FlaGator
04-07-2010, 08:01 PM
I am not sure why this is a big deal. He has the whole US Army to command as he sees fit. They are is own private army as he is their Commander.

megimoo
04-07-2010, 08:07 PM
I am not sure why this is a big deal. He has the whole US Army to command as he sees fit. They are is own private army as he is their Commander.

the power to conscript the National Guard troops from the governors, even against their will;

Rockntractor
04-07-2010, 08:37 PM
no surprise there, but wtf is he going to do with 6000 tropps against 300 million American?

Not long ago he took away the power over the National Guard from the states, they are now directly under his command.

FlaGator
04-07-2010, 08:46 PM
the power to conscript the National Guard troops from the governors, even against their will;

My thinking is that since he has the whole US Army at his disposal, snatching National Guard soldiers from the states won't make much difference if the states need to defend themselves from the U.S. Military.

stsinner
04-07-2010, 08:48 PM

He is not supposed to be allowed to use the US Military against US citizens...

FlaGator
04-07-2010, 08:48 PM
Not long ago he took away the power over the National Guard from the states, they are now directly under his command.

And if the next President is a republican the libs will through a fit over this. As long as Obama has the control it is okey dokey.

Rockntractor
04-07-2010, 08:52 PM
And if the next President is a republican the libs will through a fit over this. As long as Obama has the control it is okey dokey.

Apparently so, I didn't like the patriot act either. We always seem to assume all future leaders will be trustworthy and responsible. We need to learn that no leader is safe with unlimited power and no accountability!

FlaGator
04-07-2010, 09:06 PM
He is not supposed to be allowed to use the US Military against US citizens...

I'm not disagreeing with you, but is that documented somewhere? I know that he can't use troops in a law enforcement capacity (i.e. border patrol), but I don't think that there is anything stopping him from using troops in case of a insurrection.

FlaGator
04-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Apparently so, I didn't like the patriot act either. We always seem to assume all future leaders will be trustworthy and responsible. We need to learn that no leader is safe with unlimited power and no accountability!

Amen brother.

Chuck58
04-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Just another move to secure more control. I doubt his 6000 troops will amount to much, but they might be loyal.

I cannot imagine the NG or regular military obeying commands to violate the Constitution for a wannabe dictator like obama. Those I've met and talked to don't seem to like him any more than during the election. And, they are aware that the pot is simmering here at home.

One soldier I talked to a few months ago, from Wyoming, even went as far as to say if his state seceded, he'd be on his way home the next day.