PDA

View Full Version : And They Say Fox News Isn't Fair And Balanced

NJCardFan
04-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Let's see of BSNBC has a subject and guest as conservative as this moonbat is liberal. While watching the O'Reilly Factor(hosted by Laura Ingram last night), one of the topics of discussion was that the city of San Francisco's city council passed a resolution proclaiming Mondays as "Meatless Mondays" (http://www.mnn.com/food/healthy-eating-recipes/blogs/san-francisco-joins-meatless-monday-bandwagon). Here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVxLf3YpNVg

OK, fine. SF is a far left city and stuff like this is to be expected. But what got me was this moonbat droning on about how if everyone ate vegetarian on Mondays the affect on the environment would be equal to removing "127,000 cars off the roads of SF". Um, I'd love to see the data on how she came up with that nonsense. It's one thing to promote this for a healthy lifestyle. I'd even grant the animal rights activists some slack on this but to imply that eating vegetarian 1 day a week would be equal to removing 127K cars from the streets of SF is absurd. I don't buy this for a minute. Laura Ingram should have pressed her on this because it was so insanely stupid that I laughed out loud.

fettpett
04-08-2010, 12:40 PM
It's idiots like this woman that gives Vegetarian's a bad name, them and PETA fucktards

wilbur
04-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Let's see of BSNBC has a subject and guest as conservative as this moonbat is liberal. While watching the O'Reilly Factor(hosted by Laura Ingram last night), one of the topics of discussion was that the city of San Francisco's city council passed a resolution proclaiming Mondays as "Meatless Mondays" (http://www.mnn.com/food/healthy-eating-recipes/blogs/san-francisco-joins-meatless-monday-bandwagon). Here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVxLf3YpNVg

OK, fine. SF is a far left city and stuff like this is to be expected. But what got me was this moonbat droning on about how if everyone ate vegetarian on Mondays the affect on the environment would be equal to removing "127,000 cars off the roads of SF". Um, I'd love to see the data on how she came up with that nonsense. It's one thing to promote this for a healthy lifestyle. I'd even grant the animal rights activists some slack on this but to imply that eating vegetarian 1 day a week would be equal to removing 127K cars from the streets of SF is absurd. I don't buy this for a minute. Laura Ingram should have pressed her on this because it was so insanely stupid that I laughed out loud.

Definitely sounds less made up than the interviewers comments, "Well regular people just like their mac'n'cheese, they like their burger a couple times a week, and you know... they live to be 85".

At least the interviewee cited a study.

Gingersnap
04-08-2010, 01:10 PM
I think the economics/pollution implications of meatless any day are pretty shaky. There are a lot of liturgical Christians, Seventh Day Adventists, LDS, and others who avoid meat a least one day every week and often much more during the year. I've never yet seen any studies praising the pollution prevention effects of this behavior even though it's been going on forever.

Now, if they told people to completely fast one day a week, you probably could demonstrate immediate and significant changes in some health parameters and in pollution reduction from trucking. Of course, there would also be significant negative impacts in wholesale/retail food prices, the service industry, and so on.

noonwitch
04-08-2010, 01:11 PM
It's idiots like this woman that gives Vegetarian's a bad name, them and PETA fucktards

If vegetarians stuck to arguments about how reducing or eliminating meat in your diet can be a healthy choice, they'd get more respect than making things up about the environmental impact of eating meat.

NJCardFan
04-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Definitely sounds less made up than the interviewers comments, "Well regular people just like their mac'n'cheese, they like their burger a couple times a week, and you know... they live to be 85".

At least the interviewee cited a study.

Um, Wilbur. The next time you have a thought, let it go. You're stupid response is implying that anyone who lives a ripe old age are healthy eating people or vegetarians. There have been people who smoked like chimneys and drank like sailors who lived to be 100. On the flip side, there have been health food nuts(Euell Gibbons) and highly trained long distance runners(Jim Fixx) who died at a young age so Ingram's assertion that people can eat "mac&cheese out of a box and eat burgers a couple days a week" and live to a ripe old age is accurate in speculation. And citing a study doesn't make it so. There are studies all the time that turn out to be either misleading or out right untrue. There is a DU thread about how eating fruits and veggies' impact on cancer prevention might not be all that. Once upon a time it was said that eggs were the cause of high cholesterol. Well, recent studies show that eggs have little impact on cholesterol. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7882850.stm) So, just because someone cites a study doesn't mean that the findings of that study are gospel. So, think logically for once in your life and stop buying into every little liberal foible that comes along.

NJCardFan
04-08-2010, 01:32 PM
If vegetarians stuck to arguments about how reducing or eliminating meat in your diet can be a healthy choice, they'd get more respect than making things up about the environmental impact of eating meat.

Agreed especially on the choice part. I, every once in a while, think about going veggie but not because of it's impact on the environment or animals but because of it's health benefits. However, there are certain proteins that we need that cannot be replicated nor found in vegetables and can only be found in meat. Meat is essential. Lean meats are essential that is.

Zathras
04-08-2010, 01:41 PM
Well, yet another reason for me to never set foot, voluntarily, within the city and county limits of the city of San Franpsyco.

PoliCon
04-08-2010, 02:36 PM

doesn't take much to give idiots a bad name. :p

PoliCon
04-08-2010, 02:38 PM
In protests - people should show up and eat burgers at their front doors.

noonwitch
04-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Well, yet another reason for me to never set foot, voluntarily, within the city and county limits of the city of San Franpsyco.

They still have McDonalds and Burger King in SF. I doubt that either of those outlets are going to have any Meatless Mondays!

There are some beautiful things to see in San Francisco. The aquarium at Golden Gate Park is way cool, the cable cars are fun to ride, and there's always the tour of Alcatraz to brighten your day.

NJCardFan
04-08-2010, 05:46 PM
In protests - people should show up and eat burgers at their front doors.

One of the things I would love to do is show up at a PeTA rally, set up a grill, and give away free hamburgers and hotdogs.

PoliCon
04-08-2010, 06:30 PM
One of the things I would love to do is show up at a PeTA rally, set up a grill, and give away free hamburgers and hotdogs.

I'd rather do fried chicken - and bring them in live and butcher them on the spot :D

OOO or VEAL! :D you know how much they just LOVE veal!!

Articulate_Ape
04-08-2010, 07:45 PM
I wonder what that dumb hippie broad has to say about this (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/climatechange/7564682/Cows-absolved-of-causing-global-warming-with-nitrous-oxide.html).

People like her should be BBQ'd and eaten.

malloc
04-08-2010, 08:18 PM

You know, the individual cows might live longer if they weren't made out of delicious steaks and stylish leather. However, since we humans love these delicious steaks and stylish leather products we have ensured the survival of the bovine species by domesticating them so we can have steaks and leather all the time. I just don't understand how that is cruel.

Gingersnap
04-08-2010, 08:39 PM
You know, the individual cows might live longer if they weren't made out of delicious steaks and stylish leather. However, since we humans love these delicious steaks and stylish leather products we have ensured the survival of the bovine species by domesticating them so we can have steaks and leather all the time. I just don't understand how that is cruel.

Exactly right. If we liked tiger-burgers, there would be 18 million tigers in the U.S. alone. :cool:

Rockntractor
04-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Exactly right. If we liked tiger-burgers, there would be 18 million tigers in the U.S. alone. :cool:

I won't even go into potential advertising jingles!

enslaved1
04-08-2010, 10:14 PM

I grew up on a cattle farm. If we didn't think cows tasted good, those unbelievably stupid animals would have gone extinct centuries ago.

Gingersnap
04-08-2010, 10:48 PM
I grew up on a cattle farm. If we didn't think cows tasted good, those unbelievably stupid animals would have gone extinct centuries ago.

LOL! I grew up on a horse ranch and I know what you mean. However, despite the economy, the horse trade is still alive and bucking along because people like rodeo, horses make more sense than machines for a lot of small livestock operations, and they are still so awesomely cool to ride.

If it doesn't have a purpose, it doesn't get much of a break.

(I still think that tiger-burgers or tiger purses or something would reverse this entire tiger storage a lot faster than these lame conservation efforts.) :cool:

Rockntractor
04-08-2010, 11:01 PM
LOL! I grew up on a horse ranch and I know what you mean. However, despite the economy, the horse trade is still alive and bucking along because people like rodeo, horses make more sense than machines for a lot of small livestock operations, and they are still so awesomely cool to ride.

If it doesn't have a purpose, it doesn't get much of a break.

(I still think that tiger-burgers or tiger purses or something would reverse this entire tiger storage a lot faster than these lame conservation efforts.) :cool:
Tiger underwear! Talk to Axle.:D