PDA

View Full Version : Roseanne Barr: Church-going Catholics 'Should Lose Custody' of Their Kids

megimoo
04-08-2010, 01:50 PM
For some reason, washed up celebrities simply cannot resist weighing in on the Catholic Church's ongoing abuse scandal.

The latest is Roseanne Barr, who last weekend wrote on her personal blog that Catholics who bring their children to church should lose custody. "Taking your kid where you know sex offenders hang out is inexcusable!!!"

This is but the latest example of vitriol directed at the Church in recent days, and just the most recent demonstration of Roseanne's deranged anti-Catholic views (h/t Big Hollywood headlines).

In a brief blog post, Roseanne wrote,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSIYyqZRwDM

Keith Olbermann comments on Roseanne Barr SInging the National Anthem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mBVex8kosw&feature=related

The pedo priests are trying to cover up the number of LITTLE GIRLS they have molested too, as if that doesn't matter as much as what happens to boys. Trust me, the number of girls raped and molested by priests is at least double the boys. They are trying to cover it all up so that they can end up purging gay priests, and laying the blame on them. The fact is pedos like to rape both boys and girls, and only a small number of pedos are exclusively into male children.

I am starting to think that any parent who takes their kids to catholic churches from now on should lose custody. Taking your kid where you know sex offenders hang out is inexcusable!!!

Roseanne also made headlines -- a rarity for her these days -- when she turned Maria Osmond's son's suicide into an anti-Catholic rant on her blog.

She has also dressed as Hitler and cooked "Jew cookies" for a photo shoot, as shown in the picture above, (plenty of additional craziness here), so she probably didn't need to do anything more to relegate her own political views to the realm of the deranged.

The Catholic Church has had to endure some pretty brutal attacks of late. On Monday, Rosie O'Donnell compared the Church to the Jonestown suicide cult.

"What a team of preposterous Rhinos,Rosie O'Donnell and Roseanne Barr,even too ugly to be Lesbians ."

Randi Rhodes and Rosie O'Donnell sing Barbra Streisand
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4t8rfmqJfo

Randi Rhodes and Rosie O'Donnell part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNYZLLDVyY0&feature=related

http://www.noliburls.com/ConservativeNews.aspx/2201966

wilbur
04-08-2010, 01:54 PM
The Catholic Church has had to endure some pretty brutal attacks of late. On Monday, Rosie O'Donnell compared the Church to the Jonestown suicide cult.

Yea, the poor Catholic church, and damn all those hateful people, angry at its implicit endorsement of child rape.

NJCardFan
04-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Yea, the poor Catholic church, and damn all those hateful people, angry at its implicit endorsement of child rape.

*sigh* So to you, the entire body is committing these crimes then? So with that, the entire body should be done away with? Um, how come you libs don't feel as strongly about an organization like NAMBLA?

megimoo
04-08-2010, 02:19 PM
*sigh* So to you, the entire body is committing these crimes then? So with that, the entire body should be done away with? Um, how come you libs don't feel as strongly about an organization like NAMBLA?He's a member !

noonwitch
04-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Whereas I've never really liked Rosie O'Donnell, I actually think Roseanne is hilarious at times. Roseanne has some pretty well-documented reasons for her lunacy, mainly having been sexually abused as a child herself. Not by a priest, as I think she was raised Mormon. Regardless of who abused her, she's going to be sensitive and angry about the topic.

NJCardFan
04-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Whereas I've never really liked Rosie O'Donnell, I actually think Roseanne is hilarious at times. Roseanne has some pretty well-documented reasons for her lunacy, mainly having been sexually abused as a child herself. Not by a priest, as I think she was raised Mormon. Regardless of who abused her, she's going to be sensitive and angry about the topic.
I thought she was Jewish?

Gingersnap
04-08-2010, 02:52 PM
Regardless of who abused her, she's going to be sensitive and angry about the topic.

Aren't we all sensitive and angry about something? I'm getting fairly tired of entertainers weighing in on the discourse of the day.

Although the RCC has some damage control to do over genuine sexual abuses by some priests, they have no more accusations against them than the Protestants do today and both of them have significantly fewer accusations of abuse than public school systems do.

If Roseanne really wanted to make a difference in child sexual abuse, she'd advise single mothers to stay celibate until their youngest child left home and she'd be advocating for much tougher ethical standards for school teachers. :rolleyes:

Megaguns91
04-08-2010, 02:57 PM
*sigh* So to you, the entire body is committing these crimes then? So with that, the entire body should be done away with? Um, how come you libs don't feel as strongly about an organization like NAMBLA?

It has the word "love" in there, not rape. OBVIOUSLY, it doesn't count. :rolleyes:

But more seriously,

I would like to hear an explanation to this hypocrisy.

Chuck58
04-08-2010, 03:05 PM
The RCC has some major fixing to do, no doubt about that. They've looked the other way for too long.

That said, I see the latest as another attempt to bring down the church, and the Pope who, in many ways, is a lot more conservative and traditional than those in the past. Bring down the biggest guy on the block, in this case the Catholics, and the rest who are much smaller will be next.

I think back to a decade or more ago when sex abuse charges were filed against a cardinal somewhere in the Midwest. Don't remember his name or where, but I remember he counter sued. Charges dropped almost instantly. Many of the charges are true; some certainly aren't.

The RCC needs to drop the 11th or 12th century law of celibacy for starters. Then, do better investigating and screening of candidates for the Priesthood. Allow women to be Priests. Those would be good to begin with.

NJCardFan
04-08-2010, 03:05 PM
It has the word "love" in there, not rape. OBVIOUSLY, it doesn't count. :rolleyes:

But more seriously,

I would like to hear an explanation to this hypocrisy.
True. The ACLU defends NAMBLA who are openly tree jumpers where they would join the fight against the Catholic church. However, I must say that it is this issue that made me leave the Catholic church in 1997.

Chuck58
04-08-2010, 03:11 PM
True. The ACLU defends NAMBLA who are openly tree jumpers where they would join the fight against the Catholic church. However, I must say that it is this issue that made me leave the Catholic church in 1997.

I left in 1965 or so, when they changed everything and took Latin out of the Mass. It became too Protestant for me.

I returned in the 1980s, when the Charismatic thing was going full blast. That's faded and so have my wife and I. We go once or twice a month but, in my case, I still miss the Latin Mass.

noonwitch
04-08-2010, 03:33 PM
I thought she was Jewish?

I don't remember all the specifics, but she grew up in Utah. Her parents had her locked up in a psych hospital at some point in her teenaged years. Maybe one of her relatives or someone else who she lived with was a Mormon. It's all vague in my head, but my mom used to get People and I'd read it when I was at her house, and there was an article about her in one issue in which she discussed her childhood and teen years, and how awful her family was to her.

Later, when she was married to Tom Arnold, she claimed to have Multiple Personality Disorder, or Disassociative Disorder (which is what they call it now). I believe she made that claim in the appropriate forum- the Oprah! show.

She's crazy, but her stand-up act is hilarious. So was the sitcom, until she made all the characters either gay or mean.

Chuck58
04-08-2010, 04:03 PM
I don't remember all the specifics, but she grew up in Utah. Her parents had her locked up in a psych hospital at some point in her teenaged years. Maybe one of her relatives or someone else who she lived with was a Mormon. It's all vague in my head, but my mom used to get People and I'd read it when I was at her house, and there was an article about her in one issue in which she discussed her childhood and teen years, and how awful her family was to her.

Later, when she was married to Tom Arnold, she claimed to have Multiple Personality Disorder, or Disassociative Disorder (which is what they call it now). I believe she made that claim in the appropriate forum- the Oprah! show.

She's crazy, but her stand-up act is hilarious. So was the sitcom, until she made all the characters either gay or mean.

She can't be Mormon. We know many, many Mormons in this area and over the border in Colorado, and I've met some in southern Utah and western Colorado, too. Every single one is pretty conservative.

noonwitch
04-08-2010, 04:27 PM
She can't be Mormon. We know many, many Mormons in this area and over the border in Colorado, and I've met some in southern Utah and western Colorado, too. Every single one is pretty conservative.

She still could have been raised in a conservative home, and rejected the values when she moved out. Hugh Nibley's (big time LDS apologetics writer) gay daughter was once a temple-recommended member of the LDS, until she accused her father of sexually abusing her. She revealed most of the temple secrets in her book, incidentally.

Gingersnap
04-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Barr was Jewish and her home was observant. She claimed that her family also participated in some LDS activities which caused her some kind of confusion.

Having a lot of LDS family, I would guess that her family probably observed family home evenings (Family Night) in Salt Lake since it's practiced pretty widely wherever there are a lot of LDS. Zillions of kid-oriented activities are also sponsored by LDS businesses. These activities are lot less religious and exotic than outsiders might guess.

Like a lot of comedians, Barr strikes me as an intensely self-absorbed, socially inept individual.

NJCardFan
04-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Like a lot of comedians, Barr strikes me as an intensely self-absorbed, socially inept individual.
I agree. It's been said that Jim Carrey is a complete knucklehead and Jerry Lewis is a straight up asshole.

PoliCon
04-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Most celebritards are self absorbed assholes.