PDA

View Full Version : "They're All The Same: GOP RINO Conservative Tom Coburn Slams Fox News."

megimoo
04-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Sen. Tom Coburn (R-OK) warns attendees at recent town hall meeting against biases he believes are perpetrated on Fox News.

An Oklahoma town hall meeting with colorful characters and a lot of populist anger brought out an often glossed-over side of the ultra conservative Sen. Tom Coburn (R-OK): his sensibility.After a woman in the audience railed against the possibility of being put in prison for not obtaining health insurance under the Democratís new law, Coburn dismissed her remark and questioned the accuracy of Fox News reports on health care reform.

"The intention is not to put any one in jail. That makes for good TV news on Fox but that isnít the intention," Coburn responded.

Then, the Republican senator, who was an arch-foe of the Obama health care bill, defended the Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi against character attacks.While discussing his policy disagreements with Pelosi Coburn said "sheís a nice lady," which brought hisses and hoots from the crowd. But Coburn flatly rejected the crowd's animosity towards the liberal speaker.

"Come on now. She is nice -- how many of you all have met her? Sheís a nice person," Coburn said as he went on to lecture the crowd about civility.

"Just because somebody disagrees with you dodnít (sic) mean theyíre not a good person," Coburn said. "Iíve been in the senate for five years and Iíve taken a lot of that, because Iíve been on the small side Ė- both in the Republican Party and the Democrat Party."

"What we have to have is make sure we have a debate in this country so that you can see whatís going on and make a determination yourself," Coburn added, and then again warned the crowd against the myths perpetrated on Fox News.

"So donít catch yourself being biased by Fox News that somebody is no good. The people in Washington are good. They just donít know what they donít know," Coburn said.

Coburn has been lambasted lately for leading the Republican caucus in blocking a temporary extension of unemployment benefits, which expire this week. While standing up for Pelosi as a person, Coburn didnít mince words about her policy positions.

He told the audience the blame for the impasse over unemployment benefits lies squarely with Pelosi, because she rejected a bi-partisan Senate compromise to pay for a two week extension.

"The speakerís words back (to the Senate) is 'they donít want to set a precedent that they have to pay for new spending,'" Coburn said to a laughing crowd. "Thatís the truth. Thatís the words. So I want to set that precedent.

http://www.pri.org/politics-society/top-gop-conservative-coburn-slams-fox-news1940.html

Rockntractor
04-08-2010, 09:10 PM
I wouldn't go as far as to call him a Rino. Kiss ass, suck up prick maybe.

Constitutionally Speaking
04-08-2010, 09:28 PM
I wouldn't go as far as to call him a Rino. Kiss ass, suck up prick maybe.

Coburn is a good conservative - at least voting wise.

Rockntractor
04-08-2010, 09:36 PM

He is generally excellent when it comes to voting. This isn't the first time he has said stupid shit, Washington does something to people!

patriot45
04-08-2010, 09:41 PM

He wrote a great book about his years in the House when he joined under the Contract with America. He told of the inner workings of congress and how much pressure gets put on the freshmen by the carreer politicians. The dirt he dishes on the Newt would make your head spin! He was one of the only one who honored his pledge of 3 terms and get out.

He is currently in his second term in the senate, he made a pledge for 2 terms and out. He is honorable and will be out next term and it will be a grave loss. He would make a great Pres!

lacarnut
04-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Then, the Republican senator, who was an arch-foe of the Obama health care bill, defended the Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi against character attacks.While discussing his policy disagreements with Pelosi Coburn said "she’s a nice lady," which brought hisses and hoots from the crowd. But Coburn flatly rejected the crowd's animosity towards the liberal speaker.

"Come on now. She is nice -- how many of you all have met her? She’s a nice person," Coburn said as he went on to lecture the crowd about civility.

"So don’t catch yourself being biased by Fox News that somebody is no good. The people in Washington are good. [/url]

The problem with Coburn and other politicians is that after a year or two in DC, their brain gets infected with how much good they are going to do for us peons. Not.

Secondly, the Senate is more like a frat house where everybody at the end of the day and at their breakfast meetings is just buddy, buddy.

Thirdly, anyone that lies like this bitch has done is not a nice f...ing person. She has called Bush Hitler and has expressed other verbage that regulary comes out of this loony kook's mouth. Plus, I don't have to meet her. Her actions speak for themselves. Coburn should be reminded that those actions are repulsive to most Americans.

Swampfox
04-08-2010, 10:26 PM
In related news, I just lost a ton of respect for Tom Coburn.

Rockntractor
04-08-2010, 10:29 PM
In related news, I just lost a ton of respect for Tom Coburn.

Look at his record up to this point.

Swampfox
04-08-2010, 11:59 PM
Look at his record up to this point. He's better than most in Congress, but that's like saying he's one of the more well-adjusted rats on a plague ship. I'm not all that thrilled about his voting record, since I'm more of a small government libertarian than anything else. Still, as I've stated before I'd vote for a sack of onions over Obama, so I guess it doesn't matter much.

Wei Wu Wei
04-09-2010, 03:56 AM
Everyone is figuring out how to judge him no one thinks twice about what he said. of course

PoliCon
04-09-2010, 08:34 AM
Everyone is figuring out how to judge him no one thinks twice about what he said. of course
Just for wee wee
http://www.ar551.com/images/dumbass.gif

lacarnut
04-09-2010, 09:01 AM

He said Pisslosi is a nice person. That is a load of crap.

NJCardFan
04-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Not to nitpick but it's impossible to be a conservative and a RINO. Just sayin'.

NJCardFan
04-09-2010, 12:10 PM

I did read it and he's wrong. I've yet to year anyone on Fox News say that you will go to prison if you don't get health insurance. And unless you can come up with any concrete evidence to the contrary, you're an asshole for agreeing with that statement. What I have heard on FOX is the truth. That if you don't buy health insurance, you are going to get a special tax hence a fine. The deal is that in all the interviews I've seen, I've yet to see any Senator or Congressperson say who exactly or how exactly is this fine going to be enforced. The true answer to that is the IRS who will levy a tax on you and withhold a portion of your refund(if any) or you'll have to pay in more. If you don't, that's there the talk of prison time comes in; you don't pay your taxes, you could go to jail. This didn't come from Fox News. It's in the law(even though what I just wrote is a backwards way of putting it, it's still true). As for Pelosi, she isn't a nice person. Coburn forgets the vitriol that Pelosi has directed at Tea Partiers because she "doesn't agree with them". Has she met any of them Mr. Coburn? Funny how he's judging those who disagree with him. But that's ok with you isn't it wee wee.

megimoo
04-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Not to nitpick but it's impossible to be a conservative and a RINO. Just sayin'.

What are you talking about ?Ninety percent of the so called conservative now in office are
speakers from both sides of their mouths .

To save their political asses they would sell their own mothers !To them it's all just a game,they posture,make speeches to appease 'the great unwashed' then vote any way they damn well please as directed by their political masters in the congress.

The elected have 'slipped' their harnesses and are now think that they are in control.They are not about to give up as evidenced by this 'slight of hand vote ' pulled by Pelosi and Reed on the health care blil vote .

They clearly violated the constitution and got away with it.We have lost all power over this bunch and there is only one way to regain control !

noonwitch
04-09-2010, 12:46 PM
He said Pisslosi is a nice person. That is a load of crap.

It sounds to me like he's taking the high road, and sticking to attacking policies and not individual people.

I always thought that was the right way to approach issues.

PoliCon
04-09-2010, 02:00 PM
It sounds to me like he's taking the high road, and sticking to attacking policies and not individual people.

I agree in principal. But when you're dealing with the undead and the brain dead . . . . anything goes.

Wei Wu Wei
04-09-2010, 06:35 PM

When people drop the issues and start attacking the people you know you've lost.

Rockntractor
04-09-2010, 06:46 PM
When people drop the issues and start attacking the people you know you've lost.

Go suck eggs retard!

PoliCon
04-09-2010, 07:16 PM

Matthew 7:6

Wei Wu Wei
04-09-2010, 08:39 PM
Matthew 7:6

Thank you.

PoliCon
04-09-2010, 08:59 PM
Thank you.

Gotta call a spade a spade and swine - swine . . . .

Apocalypse
04-09-2010, 08:59 PM

You mean like what the DNC has been doing for a year and a half now? You Racist homophob!

lacarnut
04-10-2010, 02:29 AM

I don't give a shit what road he is taking; the facts are that Pisslosi has said some nasty things about Bush and the Repubs. That disqualifies her as a nice person in my opinion. Rather than parse words, I think she is a lying left winger with an anti-american agenda just like that other CA bitch Sen. Barbara Boxer.

megimoo
04-10-2010, 08:25 AM
I don't give a shit what road he is taking; the facts are that Pisslosi has said some nasty things about Bush and the Repubs. That disqualifies her as a nice person in my opinion. Rather than parse words, I think she is a lying left winger with an anti-american agenda just like that other CA bitch Sen. Barbara Boxer.

Barbara Levy Boxer Born Brooklyn, New York
Barbara Boxer At 5 ft. tall, can't reach most lecterns,her staff sets up a 3-in. stand dubbed the Boxer box.
Barbara Boxer took Alan Cranston's seat in the Senate ...
Barbara Boxer wrote a memoir, Strangers in the Senate ...
Barbara Boxer's maiden name was Levy ...
Barbara Boxer was born in Brooklyn, New York in the United States.
Barbara Boxer is a Scorpio.
Barbara Boxer was born on November 11th, 1940.