PDA

View Full Version : Apple Boycotts Glenn Beck

Rockntractor
04-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Apple Boycotts Glenn Beck — Promotes Che Guevara
Posted by Humberto Fontova Mar 30th 2010 at 11:47 am in Fox News, Politics, Uncategorized | Comments(453)

“More than 200 companies have joined a boycott of (Glenn) Beck’s program,” reports the Washington Post. “A handful of advertisers, such as (IPhone owner) Apple, have abandoned Fox altogether.”

We can only assume this Apple “boycott” was prompted by what CBS’s Katie Couric (quoting the Fox commentator’s critics) describes as Beck’s “inflammatory, unfair, despicable, hateful rhetoric.”

This same hyper-sensitive-to-hate-speech Apple, by the way, has just launched an IPhone application featuring Che Guevara’s quotes. Yes! “Now you can carry around Che Guevara’s quotes on your IPhone!”
Mo>http://bigjournalism.com/hfontova/2010/03/30/apple-boycotts-glenn-beck-promotes-che-guevara/

Gingersnap
04-09-2010, 08:31 PM
The hippy days are over. Boycotts are only even minimally effective on a very local level. :rolleyes:

Rockntractor
04-09-2010, 08:36 PM
The hippy days are over. Boycotts are only even minimally effective on a very local level. :rolleyes:
I can't believe apple is stupid enough to get in on this crap!

malloc
04-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Well, this move isn't going to hurt Apple, but it's also not going to hurt Glenn Beck in the slightest. With Glenn's audience numbers, companies are likely tripping over each other to fill advertising space.

NJCardFan
04-10-2010, 12:59 AM
I'm quite sure Microsoft/Windows will be happy to advertise on a top rated show. And to promote Gueverra? If these people who fawn all over him knew what a murdering bastard he was...

nativityofthetheotokos
04-10-2010, 04:11 AM
Dear Ginger,

I tend to agree with you about boycotts. The percentage of compliance would have to be astronomical for there to be any difference and Americans are not that self-sacrificing. I'm sure that Fox can live without Apple's advertising.

To another subject - the nativity of the"Theotokos". I belong to the Greek Orthodox Church and in Greek, the word "Theotokos" means "God Bearer", i.e., Mother of God.

I am trying to communicate with potential friends who are members of my Church as well as with kind persons such as yourself.

I hope to hear from you again

Sonnabend
04-10-2010, 05:37 AM
Another reason not to use Apple's "products"

PoliCon
04-10-2010, 07:52 AM
ppppssssssttttt

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=26923&highlight=apple

fettpett
04-11-2010, 12:07 PM
it's a joke, Apple has refused to support Rush for years, yet Rush still promotes their computers. They aren't going to hurt Beck anymore than they've hurt Rush

ralph wiggum
04-11-2010, 12:10 PM
So, have Beck's radio & TV shows been canceled yet?

megimoo
04-11-2010, 12:14 PM
Mo>http://bigjournalism.com/hfontova/2010/03/30/apple-boycotts-glenn-beck-promotes-che-guevara/Latter day hippies who's time has passed.Jobs should grow up and put that crap behind him as it doesn't play well these days .He should be concerned with business and his health keep his Liberal Progressive politics out of sight .That kind of liberal trash talk is one of the reasons that I would never buy any Apple products !

noonwitch
04-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Does anyone buy Apple computers? I don't know anyone who has one, most people I know have Dells or some other brand of computer. At work, we have Dells.

fettpett
04-12-2010, 02:38 PM
I have an Ipod, but thats it. I know several people that have Mac's. personally feel they are over priced POS's and that is the biggest reasons why they make so much money. They squash anyone that tries and makes clones of their product. Business world it's great to protect you're investment, but when it comes to the IT feild, a broad open market is a much better feild for inovation. If it wasn't for IBM clones in the late 80's early 90's the PC market would have stagnated and possibly died before it could take off.

SaintLouieWoman
04-12-2010, 02:50 PM
I can't believe apple is stupid enough to get in on this crap!

I can, nothing surprises me about them. I formerly worked for a major corporation. Instead of a non-compete clause, I was compelled to sign a statement that I would not reveal any of the technology of my company to another.

Why? Because Apple "borrowed" the operating system from my ex-employer and incorporated it into Apple's desktop, with all the icons, etc This was a long time ago, but I have no respect for Apple and would never purchase their equipment.

Ethics is a big deal issue with me. Can't believe they're being so high and mighty.

ralph wiggum
04-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Does anyone buy Apple computers? I don't know anyone who has one, most people I know have Dells or some other brand of computer. At work, we have Dells.

Schools. The only business where I've ever seen them was at a design/architecture firm.