PDA

View Full Version : St. Petersburg Times: Jeb Bush wields clout without accountability

Beefeater
04-09-2010, 09:07 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=103x529108

teach1st (1000+ posts) Fri Apr-09-10 08:40 PM
Original message
St. Petersburg Times: Jeb Bush wields clout without accountability
Jeb Bush wields clout without accountability
By Tim Nickens, editor of editorials
In Print: Sunday, April 11, 2010

If Jeb Bush wants to be governor again, the job will be open soon.

If he wants to be a U.S. senator, he should run against Gov. Charlie Crist in the Republican primary instead of sniping at him in the national media.

Of course, Bush won't enter either race.

Why should he?

Bush is advancing his conservative agenda in the Legislature and influencing the Senate race without coming out of the shadows. He has tremendous clout and no accountability. He makes tons of money, travels the world and answers to no one.

More

Sounds like George Soros to me. Gives the DUmmys one more thing to obsess over.

SarasotaRepub
04-09-2010, 10:05 PM
MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Lord Rove is most pleased with Jeb. :p:D

FlaGator
04-09-2010, 11:32 PM
Jeb was one of the best Governors that Florida ever had. Also, hiding the dead bodies in ice trucks was a stroke of pure genius.

Novaheart
04-09-2010, 11:54 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=103x529108

Sounds like George Soros to me. Gives the DUmmys one more thing to obsess over.

Does George Soros have South American gangsters for business partners too?

Rockntractor
04-09-2010, 11:58 PM
I know he owns a lot of Brazilian oil company shares!

Sonnabend
04-10-2010, 01:41 AM

Don't know..I do know he has millions invested in Halliburton.

Fool.

Constitutionally Speaking
04-10-2010, 05:48 AM

Ever hear of Hugo Chavez??

Novaheart
04-10-2010, 11:20 AM
Ever hear of Hugo Chavez??

He's George Soro's business partner?

But back to Jeb.

One of his business partners, Camilo Padrera, was indicted for drug-dealing, gun-running and embezzlement; but the charges were dropped when the Bush family firm the CIA told the FBI that Padrera was their man, fronting covert ops. Padrera then worked Jeb's Washington contacts to steal millions of federal dollars intended to provide housing for the poor. He was convicted of fraud in 1989.

Jeb then hooked up with Miguel Recarey, an associate of Miami mob boss Santo Trafficante Jr., Mother Jones reports. Federal investigators called Recarey's company, IMC, "a criminal enterprise interlaced with intelligence operations." It was in fact yet another front, this time for the Reagan-Bush gang's illegal terrorist war in Nicaragua. Recarey also milked Jeb's Washington connections, diverting millions of Medicare dollars intended for needy patients into the IMF-CIA slush fund. Recarey later fled the country to avoid fraud charges.

In yet another scam, Jeb and a partner used a frontman to wangle a $4.5 million federal loan to buy an office building. When their shill went belly-up, Daddy's federal government obligingly revalued the prime Miami real estate at $500,000. Jeb and pal coughed up that chump change --and kept the building for themselves: $4 million of pure gravy. - Chris Floyd

djones520
04-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Linky? Please something other then DailyKos.

Rockntractor
04-10-2010, 11:25 AM

But back to Jeb.

One of his business partners, Camilo Padrera, was indicted for drug-dealing, gun-running and embezzlement; but the charges were dropped when the Bush family firm the CIA told the FBI that Padrera was their man, fronting covert ops. Padrera then worked Jeb's Washington contacts to steal millions of federal dollars intended to provide housing for the poor. He was convicted of fraud in 1989.

Jeb then hooked up with Miguel Recarey, an associate of Miami mob boss Santo Trafficante Jr., Mother Jones reports. Federal investigators called Recarey's company, IMC, "a criminal enterprise interlaced with intelligence operations." It was in fact yet another front, this time for the Reagan-Bush gang's illegal terrorist war in Nicaragua. Recarey also milked Jeb's Washington connections, diverting millions of Medicare dollars intended for needy patients into the IMF-CIA slush fund. Recarey later fled the country to avoid fraud charges.

In yet another scam, Jeb and a partner used a frontman to wangle a $4.5 million federal loan to buy an office building. When their shill went belly-up, Daddy's federal government obligingly revalued the prime Miami real estate at $500,000. Jeb and pal coughed up that chump change --and kept the building for themselves: $4 million of pure gravy. - Chris Floyd

So then Jeb Bush is in prison doing time now?

Novaheart
04-10-2010, 12:18 PM
So then Jeb Bush is in prison doing time now?

Because all criminals go to jail?

FlaGator
04-10-2010, 01:15 PM

But back to Jeb.

Is the the same Chris Floyd that wrote that Obama had an American citiizen murdered?

Barack Obama has ordered the murder of an American citizen (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/07/world/middleeast/07yemen.html), without trial, without due process, without the production of any evidence (http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/04/07/assassinations/index.html). All it takes to kill any American citizen in this way is Barack Obama's signature on a piece of paper, his arbitrary designation of the target as a "suspected terrorist." In precisely the same way -- precisely the same way -- Josef Stalin would place a mark by a name in a list of "suspected terrorists" or "counterrevolutionaries," and the bearer of that name would die. This is the system we have now, the same as the Soviets had then: a leader with the unchallengeable power to kill citizens without due process.

http://www.chris-floyd.com/

Interesting site.

Kay
04-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Bush is advancing his conservative agenda in the Legislature and influencing the Senate race without coming out of the shadows. He has tremendous clout and no accountability. He makes tons of money, travels the world and answers to no one.

Sounds like he's living the American dream to me.

SarasotaRepub
04-10-2010, 02:17 PM

True, look at the Kennedy's...:p

Novaheart
04-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Is the the same Chris Floyd that wrote that Obama had an American citiizen murdered?

http://www.chris-floyd.com/

Interesting site.

I just picked that article because I didn't feel like messing with the Miami Herald. So, for all I know it's the same Chris Floyd, but in any event his attack on Obama would suggest some sort of impartiality would it not?

djones520
04-10-2010, 03:57 PM
I just picked that article because I didn't feel like messing with the Miami Herald. So, for all I know it's the same Chris Floyd, but in any event his attack on Obama would suggest some sort of impartiality would it not?

Or he's just a nutbag conspiracy theorist.

Novaheart
04-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Or he's just a nutbag conspiracy theorist.

But in that declaration you are dismissing the allegations about Jeb! which are known to be true.

Sonnabend
04-10-2010, 07:31 PM
But in that declaration you are dismissing the allegations about Jeb! which are known to be true.

..and your proof that Jeb Bush has committed any crime is....?

Sonnabend
04-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Tell ya what, Novaheart...you say you have proof that Jeb Bush committed crimes Please, the day you go to file charges against him in a court, can you let me know when and where?

What court in what county? I have a guy who lives close by who wants photos of the event.

Prove or retract it. Here. Now.

Constitutionally Speaking
04-10-2010, 10:13 PM

Evidence please. Jeb is NOT a criminal. SOROS however IS a CONVICTED criminal.

But, you ARE right. Not all criminals go to jail.

Soros hasn't - Despite being convicted of multiple crimes. - Ask the French court system about him.

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Alt/alt.politics.bush/2006-06/msg02133.html

Sonnabend
04-10-2010, 11:23 PM
So, do tell, what crimes has Jeb Bush committed? And your proof is....?

SarasotaRepub
04-10-2010, 11:33 PM
Jeb was one of the best Governors that Florida ever had. Also, hiding the dead bodies in ice trucks was a stroke of pure genius.

True. In both cases. :D

By the way DUmmies, we all know how you like to bring up Katrina.

Tell us here...exactly who was Florida Gov when Andrew hit? Hmmm???

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation (http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=258642#column-one), search (http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=258642#searchInput)
This article is about the 1992 hurricane; there was also a Tropical Storm Andrew (http://www.conservativeunderground.com/wiki/Tropical_Storm_Andrew_(1986)) during the 1986 Atlantic hurricane season (http://www.conservativeunderground.com/wiki/1986_Atlantic_hurricane_season).

Novaheart
04-11-2010, 12:25 AM
Tell ya what, Novaheart...you say you have proof that Jeb Bush committed crimes Please, the day you go to file charges against him in a court, can you let me know when and where?

What court in what county? I have a guy who lives close by who wants photos of the event.

Prove or retract it. Here. Now.

Read the thread Cheesecake, I said that Jeb's business partners were gangsters.

Prove or retract it.[/B] Here. Now.

lol

Rockntractor
04-11-2010, 12:29 AM
Read the thread Cheesecake, I said that Jeb's business partners were gangsters.

lol
How old are you fruity pebbles?

Sonnabend
04-11-2010, 03:36 AM
Linky? Please something other then DailyKos.

His source is Kos?

BWAHAHAAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

djones520
04-11-2010, 07:02 AM
His source is Kos?

BWAHAHAAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Don't know, but it sounds like something that would come from there.

djones520
04-11-2010, 08:47 AM

Known to be true? Even wikipedia doesn't have any of that tripe on there.

hoplophobe
04-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Known to be true? Even wikipedia doesn't have any of that tripe on there.
[DU]You do know that WIKI are nothing but shills for the rethugs, right? [/DU OFF] :D