PDA

View Full Version : DUmmies see the writing on the wall.

djones520
04-11-2010, 10:05 AM
DemocratSinceBirth (1000+ posts) Sat Apr-10-10 08:36 AM
Original message
How Are We Going To Mitigate Our Losses In The Mid Terms?
Advertisements [?]Edited on Sat Apr-10-10 08:59 AM by DemocratSinceBirth
It seems that it's inevitable that we are going to lose seats as some of our gains in 06 and 08 have come from states and districts that are red or purple. I can remember how painful our losses in 80 and 94 were and would hate to see them repeated again.

Here is some historical date that should give some of us pause:

Since World War II, the presidentís party has lost House seats in 14 of 16 midterm elections with an average loss of 23 seats

I'd like to see a breakdown of the current state of all these races. What does Nate Silver say?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8124429

ralph wiggum
04-11-2010, 12:02 PM
What does Nate Silver say?

I haven't looked at his site, but I read someone quoting him recently...he said it'll be a bloodbath for the Dems. :D

NJCardFan
04-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Rest assured there is plenty of time for the GOP to blow it. And they are uncanny at not going for the throat. This is the only time I have any respect for Democrats is that they never compromise their principles. You know what you're getting. The GOP candidates tend to run on their principles to get elected then when in office they sell out their principles in the name of compromise. Moderate voters tend to know this. The hope is that this election is as knee jerk as 2006 was for the other side.

Dan D. Doty
04-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Come November we'll be hearing the Moonbats scream over and over again " THEY CHEATED !!!! "