PDA

View Full Version : A windshield note in a red state

SarasotaRepub
04-11-2010, 10:10 AM
WOOT! More Bumper Sticker Stuff!!! (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=389&topic_id=8124871&mesg_id=8124871)

IDemo (1000+ posts) Sat Apr-10-10 10:11 AM

Original message A windshield note in a red statehttp://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/transparent.gif

Edited on Sat Apr-10-10 10:17 AM by IDemo
I found a note on my windshield upon getting off work yesterday. My first thought was oh great, this will be a retort by a PaBa (my name for Palin/Bachmannites), no doubt complaining about the myth of the commie-nazi-Obamanomics threat to our nation that a large segment of this state's populace believes in.

Imagine my surprise:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/boise_pictures/PaBa2012-2.jpg

LOL!!! Aren't they cute??? :D

djones520
04-11-2010, 10:13 AM
I thought about bringing this one over, but the comm nazi's won't let me see the picture so didn't know if it was worth it.

Anyone care to describe it?

Rockntractor
04-11-2010, 10:18 AM
I have to admit that is kind of funny in an ebil sort of way!

Rockntractor
04-11-2010, 10:21 AM
Lacarnut sees that and you are a dead man!

marv
04-11-2010, 10:43 AM
What they need is....

http://users.mo-net.com/mcruzan/images/bsticker1.jpg

AmPat
04-11-2010, 10:43 AM
I guess i'll be the first; I don't get it.

Kay
04-11-2010, 11:41 AM

I'm glad you said that, 'cause I didn't get it either.

Apache
04-11-2010, 10:30 PM

Third! :o

Rockntractor
04-11-2010, 10:32 PM
Third! :o

Oh come on guys, they are implying that she would resign after the first year!

Apache
04-11-2010, 10:40 PM
Oh come on guys, they are implying that she would resign after the first year!

Sorry. Stupidity due to lack of sleep....:o

NJCardFan
04-11-2010, 10:46 PM
This, of course, is in reference to her resignation as Governor of Alaska after only 2 1/2 years in office. To be honest, this is the reason why I wouldn't vote for her. If she thought her family took a beating in 2008, imagine winning the White House.

lacarnut
04-11-2010, 10:56 PM
Lacarnut sees that and you are a dead man!

The joke would be on the dummies after she cleaned house and reversed Obummer's policies. Dear God, let it be that she becomes the next Prez.

Kay
04-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Oh now I get it! Duh....

Sonnabend
04-12-2010, 04:37 AM
To be honest, this is the reason why I wouldn't vote for her.

Barraged by frivolous lawsuits running over 500k in the red in legal fees, more on the way, unable to get anything done because of this idiocy, sniped at and used by RINO McCain's campaign staff....I cant say as I blame her.

SarasotaRepub
04-12-2010, 07:09 AM
Barraged by frivolous lawsuits running over 500k in the red in legal fees, more on the way, unable to get anything done because of this idiocy, sniped at and used by RINO McCain's campaign staff....I cant say as I blame her.

While all true, it doesn't change the fact that she did quit. This will haunt her entire political career and was a serious misstep IMHO.

AmPat
04-12-2010, 10:58 AM
While all true, it doesn't change the fact that she did quit. This will haunt her entire political career and was a serious misstep IMHO.

How much did you send her to offset the crippling monetary attack on her family?:rolleyes:
As POTUS, she would have a tremendous amount of assets to fight these frivolous attacks against her. The idiots on the left would be faced with the same assets as B. Hussein has used to keep his history buried and hidden. She could in fact use her new assets to turn the table on her enemies.

Her reasons for quitting were understandable and noble. I don't believe it would hurt her if she got the entire party behind her. Especially if the Tea party endorsed her.

djones520
04-12-2010, 11:07 AM
How much did you send her to offset the crippling monetary attack on her family?:rolleyes:
As POTUS, she would have a tremendous amount of assets to fight these frivolous attacks against her. The idiots on the left would be faced with the same assets as B. Hussein has used to keep his history buried and hidden. She could in fact use her new assets to turn the table on her enemies.

Her reasons for quitting were understandable and noble. I don't believe it would hurt her if she got the entire party behind her. Especially if the Tea party endorsed her.

So we lambast him for using them, and have no problem if she were to?

AmPat
04-12-2010, 11:29 AM
So we lambast him for using them, and have no problem if she were to?

Yes. She would be defending against frivolous suits. He is hiding essential information. What part of that offends you?

djones520
04-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Yes. She would be defending against frivolous suits. He is hiding essential information. What part of that offends you?

Haven't said it does. Just want to make sure you're aware of a possible double standard. I'm with SR on this one though, quitting gives the left an Ace In the Hole attack platform. Before that, it was all just frivolous stuff that could be shrugged off and most normal people would see it for what it was.

But now the left can say that when she's faced with intense pressure she just up and quits. How can we expect her to make the decision to launch a nuke if a few law suits chase her out of her job? And what do we have to counter with?

I think she'd be a great candidate for an upper level cabinet job to get her into how things are ran. But she destroyed her chances of being President this time around with that move.

AmPat
04-12-2010, 11:40 AM
Haven't said it does. Just want to make sure you're aware of a possible double standard. I'm with SR on this one though, quitting gives the left an Ace In the Hole attack platform. Before that, it was all just frivolous stuff that could be shrugged off and most normal people would see it for what it was.

But now the left can say that when she's faced with intense pressure she just up and quits. How can we expect her to make the decision to launch a nuke if a few law suits chase her out of her job? And what do we have to counter with?

I think she'd be a great candidate for an upper level cabinet job to get her into how things are ran. But she destroyed her chances of being President this time around with that move.

It is not a double standard and it is not something she could shrug off. The money 3.5 million and counting is not O Blah Blah money. It is money his enablers give to continue to mask his past from us. Of course it doesn't mask the evidence of how mavelous and magnificent the MESS-I-UHHH is. It is money used to hide his past criminal, mediocre performance, and/or Constitutional unqualification for the job. He also has access to an army of attorneys that fend off the wolves. Sarah had none of that.

As for Sarah's attacks, she had to answer them in a court of law at her expense. She could not "easily shrug them off."

linda22003
04-12-2010, 11:41 AM

Politics is a rough game. Picking up your skirts and running away from the fight doesn't speak well of one's stamina.

AmPat
04-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Politics is a rough game. Picking up your skirts and running away from the fight doesn't speak well of one's stamina.

It's not a matter of will, it is a matter of MONEY. How much did you send to her legal defense fund?:rolleyes:

ralph wiggum
04-12-2010, 03:06 PM

It's DUmmy logic. What do you expect?

djones520
04-12-2010, 03:08 PM
It's not a matter of will, it is a matter of MONEY. How much did you send to her legal defense fund?:rolleyes:

How much did you?

linda22003
04-12-2010, 03:09 PM

Exactly as much as you think I did.

AmPat
04-12-2010, 03:10 PM
How much did you?

I'm not the asswipe attacking her jackass. If you think she was running away, fine. I believe she made a choice in the interest of her State, and her Family. I gave ZERO but I'm not denigrating her or questioning her decision.

How much did you give?

djones520
04-12-2010, 03:17 PM
I'm not the asswipe attacking her jackass. If you think she was running away, fine. I believe she made a choice in the interest of her State, and her Family. I gave ZERO but I'm not denigrating her or questioning her decision.

How much did you give?

Not a damn penny, and I wouldn't give any. It was her choice to enter the political ring at the national level, and her responsibility to deal with the fall out. Whether or not it is fair isn't the issue here. Her quitting isn't even the issue.

It's the ammunition given to her opponents that is the issue, which you seem to just be ignoring. You think rhyme and reason is going to matter to the Dems? No. They are going to grab onto that thing like a bulldog and not let go, just like we should have done with Jeremiah Wright. Hell, their already using it mainstream. Look at Tina Fey's latest impression.

You can think I'm attacking her, and call me names all you want. Isn't gonna change the facts at all. She quit the job early. She gave them that tool to use. And it's going to destroy her chances in an election.

AmPat
04-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Not a damn penny, and I wouldn't give any. It was her choice to enter the political ring at the national level, and her responsibility to deal with the fall out. Whether or not it is fair isn't the issue here. Her quitting isn't even the issue.

It's the ammunition given to her opponents that is the issue, which you seem to just be ignoring. You think rhyme and reason is going to matter to the Dems? No. They are going to grab onto that thing like a bulldog and not let go, just like we should have done with Jeremiah Wright. Hell, their already using it mainstream. Look at Tina Fey's latest impression.

You can think I'm attacking her, and call me names all you want. Isn't gonna change the facts at all. She quit the job early. She gave them that tool to use. And it's going to destroy her chances in an election.

You may be correct. I say to hell with what the DIMS say. I don't care what they use, it wouldn't matter anyway. They will make up lies if they have nothing better. I do not want to hand the DIMS an UNFOUGHT victory. If we cower to their attacks, they win. I refuse to allow DIMS to frame the election and choose our candidates according to how nasty their attacks might be.

lacarnut
04-12-2010, 04:27 PM
You may be correct. I say to hell with what the DIMS say. I don't care what they use, it wouldn't matter anyway. They will make up lies if they have nothing better. I do not want to hand the DIMS an UNFOUGHT victory. If we cower to their attacks, they win. I refuse to allow DIMS to frame the election and choose our candidates according to how nasty their attacks might be.

Correct. Let's let the Democraps pick our next Prez candidate like another John McCain. There is a good reason that the media/Democrats and RINO's hate her. She stands against the status quo on taxes and big government and has a PROVEN RECORD to back it up . Unlike most of the other wimpy ass Repubs in the hunt, she is a fighter.

Two Governors quit their post to work for Obama. I guess that does not count cause they surely did not fulfill their obligation to the citizens of their respective states. Sarah quit for financial reasons. $500,000 in debt because of friviolus lawsuits with more to come would cause most of us to go into bankruptcy. I do not know why that is so hard for anyone to understand. From my perspective, I see little difference in both instances. One quit for financial reasons and the other two quit for a promotion. BTW, the 2 Governors that went to work for the Obama Admin. got a Huge pay increase.

Megaguns91
04-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Unlike most of the other wimpy ass Repubs in the hunt, she is a fighter.

Ding ding ding. You win.
She's not going to back down. Personally I feel her resigning from her position as Gov. of Alaska had absolutely no mal-effect on her campaign integrity. The conservative party wants a strong individual that isn't gonna roll over for any DImwits or sissies.

lacarnut
04-12-2010, 08:10 PM
Ding ding ding. You win.
She's not going to back down. Personally I feel her resigning from her position as Gov. of Alaska had absolutely no mal-effect on her campaign integrity. The conservative party wants a strong individual that isn't gonna roll over for any DImwits or sissies.

What I do not understand about conservatives is that many do not understand the dire economic and debtor status that we are in. Unfunded liabilites for Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid total 107 TRILLION DOLLARS. That's not a B for billions but a T for Trillions. Add the 13 trillion we have to borrow to service our debt, and we are rapidly digging a whole we can never climb out of.

So, what do the Repubs candidates have to offer to stop this freight train. For the most of them, not a hell of a lot. Lower taxes and reduce government. However, how many Presidents along with Congress have reduced government. None in my lifetime. Got news for everyone, we can not grow our way out of this hole and still maintain the amount of spending.

Palin has a plan. Drill, baby drill. That would create 100's of thousands of jobs while reducing our dependence on foreign imports resulting in a reduction of our balance of payments. Secondly, slash government agencies and employees. Third, reduce taxes.

Novaheart
04-12-2010, 08:36 PM
This, of course, is in reference to her resignation as Governor of Alaska after only 2 1/2 years in office. To be honest, this is the reason why I wouldn't vote for her. If she thought her family took a beating in 2008, imagine winning the White House.

OK, but what about Palin and Bachman both being bipolar?

Rockntractor
04-12-2010, 08:38 PM

And what about you being a completely screwed up idiot!:rolleyes:

Novaheart
04-12-2010, 08:48 PM
And what about you being a completely screwed up idiot!:rolleyes:

witty!

lacarnut
04-12-2010, 08:55 PM

You mean like crackhead Obama, half a brain Biden and the rest of the lunatics from Pisslosi to Reid who are in the Democratic party.

BTW, I notice that you remarks have nothing to do with how bad this country is in so I take it you are too ignorant to address those issues.

Kay
04-12-2010, 10:44 PM
I think Sara the barracuda is way smarter than many give her credit for.
I don't think her quiting was 100% just to make money to pay off legal debts.

I think she will run in 2012 and Alaska is pretty far off the map for most Americans.
The daily duties of being governor wouldn't have allowed her to travel around much.
Since the day she left office, she has criss crossed the country from one end to the
other, from big cities to little ones. She was just here in my town and did those two
events I posted about. One for the richy rich big donors and another with cheap
seats for the masses. I doubt the woman has had a night off without an event in
months and months. Come 2012, she is by far ahead of the rest when it comes to
having made the rounds on the campaign trail. I didn't get to see her when she
was here, but have friends who did. They were all left with a great impression of her.

It is my professional assessment that she resigned partly to do the book and make
money to pay off legal fees, and more partly to build her grass-roots base for 2012.

AmPat
04-12-2010, 10:53 PM
Apparently Kay, Sarah did the responsible thing when she was unable to execute her duties effectively. Unlike say, a 1st term Sinator who spent one yearout of 6 in the position and voted "rpesent" the few times he was there. Hmm, wonder who that was.