PDA

View Full Version : Riots if Obama loses?

OwlMBA
08-05-2008, 05:11 PM
On the off chance that Obama does not win in November, do you think we will see any riots?

I, for one, predict riots in several major cities if he loses. Perhaps not large riots, but there will be violence. Perhaps to the Rodney King level.

LogansPapa
08-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Black urban centers - and they’ll burn their own crap anyway.

OwlMBA
08-05-2008, 05:18 PM
I can see problems in LA, Detroit, Chicago(!), and the like. Nothing major, but the typical smashing and looting and burning of their own neighborhoods - that type of thing.

LibraryLady
08-05-2008, 05:22 PM
Zer-0 is already getting ready:

Obama signs up lawyers (http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0808/Obama_signs_up_lawyers.html?showall)

Obama general counsel Bob Bauer emails lawyers and law students that the campaign is setting up an "unprecedented" new "voter protection" program -- a standard feature of Democratic campaigns, but given the general enthusiasm for Obama, and the specific enthusiasm (according to my anecdotal sense) among legal times, probably on a very large scale.

Elspeth
08-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Black urban centers - and they’ll burn their own crap anyway.

What will burn, if it does, are stores, markets, small businesses, like those that burned in LA. The chief victims in the 92 riots were the women who had to travel far out of their neighborhoods to shop for groceries, usually by bus; the small business owners, including black business owners, whose places looked like charcoal briquets once the fires burned out. I honest to God hope there are no riots after either the Dem Convention or the elections in November.

Eyelids
08-05-2008, 08:11 PM
We wont "take it in stride", but there wont be fucking riots... we'll pout and moan for 4 more years the same way we have for the past 8.

If Obama is shot, well thats a whole different story.

OwlMBA
08-05-2008, 08:14 PM
We wont "take it in stride", but there wont be fucking riots... we'll pout and moan for 4 more years the same way we have for the past 8.

If Obama is shot, statistically speaking it would be by another black guy. Then what do you do?

Shannon
08-05-2008, 08:15 PM

Who is "we"? The Dems?

Eyelids
08-05-2008, 08:16 PM
If Obama is shot, statistically speaking it would be by another black guy. Then what do you do?

?

How many political assassinations have been committed by blacks in America?

Eyelids
08-05-2008, 08:17 PM
Who is "we"? The Dems?

No I'm referring to fucking Martians. Are you retarded?

Shannon
08-05-2008, 08:19 PM
?

There's always that shooter on the grassy knoll. You just know he was black.

Shannon
08-05-2008, 08:20 PM
No I'm referring to fucking Martians. Are you retarded?

I just think it's amazing that you can speak for an entire group of people.:rolleyes:

Speedy
08-05-2008, 08:23 PM
?

How many Black victims of homicide die at the hands of other Blacks? Based on statistics, if Obama is a victim of homicide, another Black guy would be the likely shooter than a white guy. Statistically, Blacks dying at the hands of Whites is almost negligible.

Goldwater
08-05-2008, 08:39 PM
I'm just going to riot whatever happens, I was born a danger. :cool:

doodleduh
08-05-2008, 10:40 PM
If by "Riots," you mean a few tussles here and there, then yes. Otherwise, no, I doubt the Democrats are THAT crazy.

asdf2231
08-05-2008, 11:10 PM
I just think it's amazing that you can speak for an entire group of people.:rolleyes:

Oh he speaks for snotty black kids of priviledge EVERYWHERE. :rolleyes:

The little douche nozzle is looking to get timed out again for being an ass loofah.

OwlMBA
08-05-2008, 11:40 PM
?

Small sample size = invalid statistic.

Here is a better question; what percentage of black men were murdered by a white person in America?

Molon Labe
08-06-2008, 07:32 AM
?

Lest we forget those two gems of society that tormented my state for a month.

D.C. Sniper.

A series of trial exhibits indicated that Malvo and Muhammed were motivated by an affinity for Islamic Jihad

If you believe the evidence suggests these guys did so politically. I guess that number you're looking for is 10.

marinejcksn
08-06-2008, 08:39 AM
Lids, I can never wrap my head around why so many blacks are democrats. Doesn't it strike you as a little bizarre, following the party that was behind substantial racist bigotry for decades? Jim Crow, segregation, Robert Bryd-brain....racist Southern democrats held down the black man for a huge span of time. Why then does the democratic party target inner city minorities to make up large numbers of their voting base? Do they hope most urban youths just wont learn the real history of this country?

xavierob82
08-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Perhaps only if something really bizaare happens, like if Obama wins the popular vote, but has an electoral tie 269-269 and for some strange unforseen reason, Obama fails to win if taken to the House.

Or a repeat of the 2000 election, where the Supreme Court selected a president. And even then, the rioting won't be widespread like Rodney King or Watts.

But if Obama loses fair and square, then no, there will not be any violence.

ConJinx
08-06-2008, 11:12 AM
Man, I hope he loses and all hell breaks lose. I'm gonna score me a Barry shirt before the election then when the rioting breaks out in Tampa or Orlando I'm going shopping. Hopefully I won't get my white ass stomped, but I'll just act like a pissed lib. That part will be easy, with my Obama '08 tee and bitching like a four year old that's late for a nap and didn't get the candy I wanted in the check-out line at Pubilx.

nacho
08-06-2008, 11:43 AM
But if Obama loses fair and square, then no, there will not be any violence.

The problem is they don't ever think a Democrat losing is fair and square. Shit even when they win they say there was cheating to make it closer than it was.

nacho
08-06-2008, 11:46 AM
Man, I hope he loses and all hell breaks lose. I'm gonna score me a Barry shirt before the election then when the rioting breaks out in Tampa or Orlando I'm going shopping. Hopefully I won't get my white ass stomped, but I'll just act like a pissed lib. That part will be easy, with my Obama '08 tee and bitching like a four year old that's late for a nap and didn't get the candy I wanted in the check-out line at Pubilx.

:D That's the most sensible plan I've seen.

Remember this Onion?
LA Rioters Demand Justice, Tape Decks (http://www.theonion.com/content/history/april_30_1992)

Elspeth
08-06-2008, 07:47 PM
:D That's the most sensible plan I've seen.

Remember this Onion?
LA Rioters Demand Justice, Tape Decks (http://www.theonion.com/content/history/april_30_1992)

I had forgotten that Onion piece. Brought back memories.

NonConformist
08-06-2008, 08:25 PM
IMO its quite likely!

The left already believes that if they lose it was by some VRWC, the blacks already believe whitey keeps them down and if he loses its just the white mans fault so they will riot, like they always do when they dont like how something went.

submarinepainter
08-06-2008, 08:33 PM
I hope he does lose he is a horrible candidate , if the Black community riots it just proves that they are sore losers

SarasotaRepub
08-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Well if Teh Saint does lose and they riot in St. Louis they better stick to the city
or it'll be open season. :p:D

Elspeth
08-07-2008, 02:38 AM
It's interesting that 75% of CU (up to the point of this post) believes in some kind of rioting taking place if Obama loses.

OwlMBA
08-07-2008, 04:33 AM
It's interesting that 75% of CU (up to the point of this post) believes in some kind of rioting taking place if Obama loses.

25% of CU is stupid then.

We arent saying its going to be Armegeddon, we are saying that there are enough bad apples in the BO bunch to cause some problems.

Heck, when one crackhead got beat up they burned LA for days, and this is the leader of the free world. You figure it out.

John
08-07-2008, 04:48 AM
25% of CU is stupid then.

We arent saying its going to be Armegeddon, we are saying that there are enough bad apples in the BO bunch to cause some problems.

Heck, when one crackhead got beat up they burned LA for days, and this is the leader of the free world. You figure it out.

Hell I don't care. If these rejects choose to riot when their savior looses I say let them. I'm heavily armed and live in the burbs. By all means, bring it. These liberals choose to riot when they don't get their way, fine. They bring it on my lawn, and some people are going to die. Some people call me crazy, but I'm one of those kooky survivalists. I'm armed to teeth, own Level IIIA body armor with trauma plates, and won't hesitate to shoot any person who threatens my home. Zombies, marauding liberals, or World War III, it's all the same protocol for me ;-). (This was supposed to be humorous, my apologies if I failed. However, I'll still kill riotous people on my lawn.)

Sonnabend
08-07-2008, 09:07 AM

Judging by some of the virulent hate we have witnessed.
Judging by the fact that the Secret Service has had to be REPEATEDLY involved in investigations on LIBERAL websites and NONE on conservative sites (and I refer to DU, Elspeth, its track record is reprehensible in the extreme)
Judging by the incessant whining and threats of "taking it to the streets"
Judging by the hatred and festering violence of many sections of the Left who are more than happy to espouse violence if it gets them what they want

...its a reasonable prediction that enough of the lunatic fringe will get it into their heads that the election was "stolen" if they lose.

Disagree all you like, the propensity is there, the intent is there.

Degree of unrest: unknown at this time.
Potential? High.

That's my assessment. I know you still have feelings for DU and your loyalties may be torn..that's fine, you would not human otherwise. That you are open minded to listen to both sides speaks volumes for your character..would that some would learn from your example.

But what we have seen over the last eight years is a predicate that lends credence to that assessment. We could very well be wrong..I hope we are.

My sadness is in the knowledge that we are probably right. Would that it were not so.

Elspeth
08-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Sonnabend,

I meant no insult to CU. And oddly enough, I worry that violence may ensue in Denver, and NOT from the Hillary supporters. The Hillary supporters are a fairly stable bunch. Probably the best testament to them is that they have been and are being banned from DU. There are many pro-Hillary sites out there where reasonable Democrats share their thoughts without immature race baiting and insults.

The Obama supporters tend to be less able to form coherent thoughts and they seem much more likely to blow up emotionally. They are the ones that might blow up in Denver if Hillary's delegates somehow are able to mount a challenge to his royal highness, the Empty Suit. The Denver cops are on alert--3000 cops in riot gear--and somehow I doubt that the cops are there for the middle-aged female supporters of Hillary:).

If his royal highness the Empty Suit should lose in November, I also worry. The peaceful transfer of power is the basis on which we have open elections with people able to cast their honest vote. If violence should ensue in November, that peaceful transfer of power is challenged.

xavierob82
08-07-2008, 03:18 PM
I would be FAR more concerned about violence committed by crazy, kooky right-wingers if Obama wins, as opposed to inner city blacks destoying their own neighborhoods if Obama loses.

Just look at the 1990s during the Clinton Years: Unabomber, Timothy McVeigh, Eric Robert Rudolph, Waco, Ruby Ridge, etc...

If Obama becomes president, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

NonConformist
08-07-2008, 03:34 PM
I would be FAR more concerned about violence committed by crazy, kooky right-wingers if Obama wins, as opposed to inner city blacks destoying their own neighborhoods if Obama loses.

Just look at the 1990s during the Clinton Years: Unabomber, Timothy McVeigh, Eric Robert Rudolph, Waco, Ruby Ridge, etc...

You do realize that Waco and Ruby Ridge was the governments doing not the people who they killed and or burned right?

Unless Weaver shot his own wife in the head and the BDs tried to serve their own warrant and shot at themselves :rolleyes:

Lager
08-07-2008, 04:20 PM

If he was a black dem, he indeed would be able to speak for all black people, that's in the by-laws. A black democrat knows everything that any black thinks, or feels and what is in their best interest.

OwlMBA
08-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Hell I don't care. If these rejects choose to riot when their savior looses I say let them. I'm heavily armed and live in the burbs. By all means, bring it. These liberals choose to riot when they don't get their way, fine. They bring it on my lawn, and some people are going to die. Some people call me crazy, but I'm one of those kooky survivalists. I'm armed to teeth, own Level IIIA body armor with trauma plates, and won't hesitate to shoot any person who threatens my home. Zombies, marauding liberals, or World War III, it's all the same protocol for me ;-). (This was supposed to be humorous, my apologies if I failed. However, I'll still kill riotous people on my lawn.)

Haha amen brother. Me too. Heck, I live wwaaaaayyyy out in the country. If we see a black guy in our town we just assume the prison bus broke down. :p Sorry, bad joke. But seriously, my town won't see any trouble but I can bet that some of the bigger cities will have trouble on their hands.

Just look at Jeremiah Wright and the goons that support him. There are a lot of them (heck, they just built him a $5 Million house).

OwlMBA
08-07-2008, 06:02 PM

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hahahahahaha!!!!! Yea! All those rich, old, white people are gonna burn the country down!

What a moron.

Theophilus
08-07-2008, 06:29 PM
Their convention will give America a great preview. If they recreate 68 at the convention most thinking Americans will run from Democratic Party.

Elspeth
08-07-2008, 07:13 PM

If you're talking about individual violence then I agree with you. A single bomb, a single gunshot, that makes sense.

But if you're talking about large civil disturbances, I don't know that your argument still holds. There's not enough support for that in recent history.

A propos, they did arrest a guy today who apparently had threatened both GW Bush and Barack.

Sonnabend
08-08-2008, 04:36 AM

Number of threats to the current President by conservatives and conservative sites: NIL

Number of threats to the current President BY LIBERALS:too many to count.

Unabomber was a lefty,McVeigh was a separatist and a nut.

Christian Identity is a white supremacist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_supremacy) sect that holds that those who are not white Christians will be condemned to Hell (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell). In the same article, the Post reported that some FBI investigators believed Rudolph may have written letters that claimed responsibility for the nightclub and abortion clinic bombings on behalf of the Army of God (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_of_God), a terrorist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorist) group associated with Christian Identity.

Neo Nazi or close to, and by no means in any way conservative...another lunatic.

Oh, I think I can guess, based a lot on what President Bush has endured over the last eight years.