PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin Poll

djones520
04-13-2010, 02:54 PM
So we've had a lot of discussions about candidates lately, and I've seen a lot of people who support her as a presidential candidate, and a lot who feel she wouldn't be the best choice, for various reasons. I'd like to get a better idea percentage wise of how we "conservatives" stand on her.

Molon Labe
04-13-2010, 02:58 PM
People support her cause she's on TV moreso than they actually believe she has any worthwhile ideas.

Remember 2 years ago, she was a nobody from Alaska. She's important because John McCain made her that way.

M21
04-13-2010, 03:01 PM
Point of clarification; I see you used "conservatives" with a lower case "c" is that in play here? :cool:

djones520
04-13-2010, 03:03 PM
Ermm... didn't really consider it as a proper noun. I'll fix it if you prefer.

Lets just say I care what people of conservative belief think on the matter. Not people like Wilbur, Wei, or even Noonwitch (no offense intended of course).

M21
04-13-2010, 03:08 PM
It's all good.

I have to call her unelectable. She would make a fine Cabinet Secretary.

Articulate_Ape
04-13-2010, 03:08 PM
I would like to point out that while I selected "she would lose the election' this in no way affects my longstanding opinion that I'd hit it.

Rockntractor
04-13-2010, 03:11 PM
What the hell! Do I look like I'm clarabuoyant?:confused:

Rebel Yell
04-13-2010, 03:12 PM
I think she'd win the election. Then again, by 2012 Bullwinkle could beat Obama in the election. It'll take a Dem White House half the time it took the last Rep White House to do, elect whoever isn't Bush/Obama.

Molon Labe
04-13-2010, 03:12 PM
I would like to point out that while I selected "she would lose the election' this in no way affects my longstanding opinion that I'd hit it.

:D

That might be all it's good for and even more so......explain the irrational popularity people have with her.

The point is in today's media culture an Abe Lincoln or a Eleanor Roosevelt couldn't make it politically. Which is sad, because it should be about the ideas and the wisdom, not about the great figure or handsome face.

Rebel Yell
04-13-2010, 03:14 PM
:D

The point is in today's media culture an Abe Lincoln couldn't make it politically. Which is sad

Why would that be?

Molon Labe
04-13-2010, 03:19 PM
Why would that be?

Because the media culture rewards looks over substance. There's the exception to every rule, but I don't know many that dispute that since the advent of mass TV. Remember Kennedy over Nixon?

Rebel Yell
04-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Because the media culture rewards looks over substance. There's the exception to every rule, but I don't know many that dispute that since the advent of mass TV. Remember Kennedy over Nixon?

I know what you're saying is true, but in the case of Lincoln, it would be a good thing. Who do you think started this Obama ball rolling?

M21
04-13-2010, 03:25 PM
I know what you're saying is true, but in the case of Lincoln, it would be a good thing. Who do you think started this Obama ball rolling?Lincoln would be a good thing huh?

Rebel Yell
04-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Lincoln would be a good thing huh?

Obama don't have shit on Lincoln. Lincoln was Obama with a pair of balls.

Molon Labe
04-13-2010, 03:30 PM
I know what you're saying is true, but in the case of Lincoln, it would be a good thing. Who do you think started this Obama ball rolling?

Exactly...We agree.
I wasn't trying to imply the merits of Lincoln. Lord knows he was the first godfather of federal dominance over the states.

Jfor
04-13-2010, 03:32 PM
People support her cause she's on TV moreso than they actually believe she has any worthwhile ideas.

Remember 2 years ago, she was a nobody from Alaska. She's important because John McCain made her that way.

I have to disagree greatly here. It was her being picked as McCain's VP choice that got McCain the chance to almost be elected. If McCain had not of suspended his campaign to go fight the "looking economic collapse" then he very well may have been President. The only person he would have had to of thanked was Sarah Palin. I get really tired of hearing conservatives say she is not qualified yet no one can explain why she is not qualified.

Rebel Yell
04-13-2010, 03:35 PM
Exactly...We agree.
I wasn't trying to imply the merits of Lincoln. Lord knows he was the first godfather of federal dominance over the states.

No problem. It wasn't a shot. I just feel the need to say that when I hear the "Lincoln wouldn't get elected today."

Molon Labe
04-13-2010, 03:40 PM
I have to disagree greatly here. It was her being picked as McCain's VP choice that got McCain the chance to almost be elected. If McCain had not of suspended his campaign to go fight the "looking economic collapse" then he very well may have been President. The only person he would have had to of thanked was Sarah Palin. I get really tired of hearing conservatives say she is not qualified yet no one can explain why she is not qualified.

He chose her because his aides thought it was politically expedient. I think I called it myself when I told people here she was the best choice for McCain "politically" before he chose her. Of course I had no idea she was clueless.

But as far as her experience and quals don't take my word for it..... Maybe you should ask papa conservative himself.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/02/AR2008090202441.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/30/george-will-palin-is-not_n_130647.html

BTW. I'd vote for George Wills daughter before I'd vote for Palin and I've never heard her speak. Let's say I trust the genetic make up an unknown Will offspring over what I know about Palin.

Jfor
04-13-2010, 03:52 PM
That's fine, but I still think she is more than qualified to be POTUS. Just because Tina Fey doesn't think and George Will doesn't think doesn't mean my opinion changes. She is vastly more qulaified than who is currently there and she is vastly more qualified than her former running mate.

Molon Labe
04-13-2010, 03:57 PM
That's fine, but I still think she is more than qualified to be POTUS. Just because Tina Fey doesn't think and George Will doesn't think doesn't mean my opinion changes. She is vastly more qulaified than who is currently there and she is vastly more qualified than her former running mate.

There are alot of people more qualified than Obama. The average American on these forums and others like it is arguably more qualified to be POTUS than the current crop we have in the political powers. At least they recognize the problems and wonder why the solutions that are plain as day aren't implemented sooner.

patriot45
04-13-2010, 05:56 PM
I voted that she would win! We "conservatives" need a steely presence in the White House. Newt and his phony contract lasts just until he gets in then its business as unusual. Just like in the 90's.

We put the stinkin 0 in there with absolutely no experience at anything but community orginizing and hes probably not even American, at least he don't act like one.

Palin is a Patriot, and to top it off she can skin a moose! I want somebody tough to cut the Fed largess down
and at the same time talk common sense, we need common sense!

Put her on a ticket with Michelle Bachmann and show me the downside on our values and how we would like to see the country go.

Mitt is a no go. Just think Romneycare.

Articulate_Ape
04-13-2010, 06:06 PM
I voted that she would win! We "conservatives" need a steely presence in the White House. Newt and his phony contract lasts just until he gets in then its business as unusual. Just like in the 90's.

We put the stinkin 0 in there with absolutely no experience at anything but community orginizing and hes probably not even American, at least he don't act like one.

Palin is a Patriot, and to top it off she can skin a moose! I want somebody tough to cut the Fed largess down
and at the same time talk common sense, we need common sense!

Put her on a ticket with Michelle Bachmann and show me the downside on our values and how we would like to see the country go.

Mitt is a no go. Just think Romneycare.

I would prefer to avoid using Obama, and the ovine euphoria that carried him into office on a rainbow unicorn, as a benchmark for the conservative candidate we hope will unseat him. I agree that Romney is damaged goods on a number of levels and he is the wrong choice for that reason. However, I think that Palin would be a big mistake, no matter how good it might feel.

megimoo
04-13-2010, 06:17 PM
Why would that be?
Lincoln was a very ugly man and quite uncouth .His features were coarse and his limbs were gnarled.
He spent much of his working time riding the backwoods legal circuit ahead of the circuit judge making friends with potential jurors in the towns that had courthouses along the circuit.He spoke in the vernacular of the common everyday working backwoods man .He had the ability to relate with those he met and charm them with his folksy ways .

patriot45
04-13-2010, 06:21 PM
I would prefer to avoid using Obama, and the ovine euphoria that carried him into office on a rainbow unicorn, as a benchmark for the conservative candidate we hope will unseat him. I agree that Romney is damaged goods on a number of levels and he is the wrong choice for that reason. However, I think that Palin would be a big mistake, no matter how good it might feel.

I don't get it!?! Who else out there on our side actually believes in chopping down the Fed!? Who is the right choice, the nutbag Paul? Newt the liar? Mitt the disaster, Mclame again? Jindal turned out to be casper milquetoast, and other than Tom Colburn, I'd rather see Palin and Bachmann!

Rockntractor
04-13-2010, 06:24 PM
Lincoln was a very ugly man and quite uncouth .His features were coarse and his limbs were gnarled.
He spent much of his working time riding the backwoods legal circuit ahead of the circuit judge making friends with potential jurors in the towns that had courthouses along the circuit.He spoke in the vernacular of the common everyday working backwoods man .He had the ability to relate with those he met and charm them with his folksy ways .

I bought a set of books from a used book store that contains everything Lincoln was known to write including notes. I have read quite a bit of it but not all, it is several volumes.

lacarnut
04-13-2010, 06:32 PM
I think she'd win the election. Then again, by 2012 Bullwinkle could beat Obama in the election. .

Plus 1

Unemployment will be between 8 and 10 per cent. No way Obama can win a second term unless he declares war on Iran. The folks would rallying around him in that case. However, the economy/lack of job growth/health care/cap and trade/tax increases is going to sink his dumb ass.

Articulate_Ape
04-13-2010, 06:34 PM
I don't get it!?! Who else out there on our side actually believes in chopping down the Fed!? Who is the right choice, the nutbag Paul? Newt the liar? Mitt the disaster, Mclame again? Jindal turned out to be casper milquetoast, and other than Tom Colburn, I'd rather see Palin and Bachmann!

First of all, Ron Paul isn't going to run. Second, would you care to tell me why you think he is a "nutbag"? I keep hearing that from you and LA, but I have yet to hear why you think that. Finally, 2012 is a political geological age away, so speculation at this point is entirely that. I agree with your assessment of the usual suspects that you listed, but who knows who will throw their hat in the ring going forward. I will reserve my judgment until I see what the field actually looks like.

patriot45
04-13-2010, 06:34 PM
Plus 1

Unemployment will be between 8 and 10 per cent. No way Obama can win a second term unless he declares war on Iran. The folks would rallying around him in that case. However, the economy/lack of job growth/health care/cap and trade/tax increases is going to sink his dumb ass.

Ha, you made me almost choke on nothing!

The great and glorious 0 declaring war on anyone just make me crack up!! :D

megimoo
04-13-2010, 07:55 PM
I bought a set of books from a used book store that contains everything Lincoln was known to write including notes. I have read quite a bit of it but not all, it is several volumes.Lincoln was a fascinating man and quite a deep thinker.He had his rough side but at times he could be very gentle.He quite often put his faith in the wrong person and suffered because of it.He could be very hard headed and demanding.

One of my favorites was the story of his trip to Washington on the train after he was elected.The trip took several days and along the way he shared rooms and beds with fellow male travelers.The cheapest
rooms slept two to a bed head to foot.He paid his own expenses on the trip and there was no Secret Service bodyguards.

If you wanted your own bed they charged double.In those days during the cold weather every one wore long underwear and kept it on all winter long.They also bathed once a week and boiled their 'union suits' at the same time so everyone had an certain 'air' about them.The bedrooms had roaring fireplaces in them and were overheated with closed windows because of the cold outside.

The thing that gets me is they kept an old fashioned ceramic chamber pot under the beds and if they needed to crap in the middle of the night the whole overheated room was flooded with the stink of crap for the rest of the night.

He was warned by friends that a gang in Baltimore planned to kill him as he went through the train station there so he traveled in a salesman's garb with a black white checkered 'salt and pepper 'suit and in the baggage compartment most of the way.When he got off the train at Baltimore station they didn't notice him although they were there waiting for him.

Politically he was a most 'canny' observer of character.Those in his war cabinet all had bouts of ambition with Sec War Stanton being among the most cunning but loyal .Washington was an overcrowded dirt road town during the early days of Lincolns administration.The Federal Capital buildings were being built and the dome of the congress wasn't yet installed.

The Buchanan administration was just leaving office and Fort Sumter was about to be attacked.
Lincoln inherits Buchanan's Civil war.

I love American history and Fancy myself as being something of a scholar of the battle of Gettysburg .I also enjoy reading of the American revolutionary war and the events leading up to both American Wars.

Apocalypse
04-13-2010, 08:11 PM
I'll chime in.

Do I like Sarah? Yes

Do I like her message? Of Course.

Would I vote for her? Yes if she was the GOP pick.

Do I believe she could secure that ticket pick? No.

Why?

I think Sarah has too big of a target on her from the left. They will spend every second of every day tarnishing her with all sorts of slander, hit her with bogus lawsuits as they did when she was Governor of Alaska, and basically leave her too damaged to win. You can't win without the independents, and I think too many of them would be wary to vote for her.

Who do I think could? Too hard to tell this far out. Personally, not too fond of any maybe's right now. None in my opinion have shined enough to earn that. Romney comes off too stiff, Kerry like. I like Huckabee, but afraid he would be a McCain run again. Too soft and afraid to hit hard. Pence is not known enough, and would suffer the problems Huckabee did.

In the end, maybe the ideal ticket would be one with Sarah as VP again. Take the shackles off and let her do her thing. McCain bound her too much, and that hurt him and her.

lacarnut
04-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Ha, you made me almost choke on nothing!

The great and glorious 0 declaring war on anyone just make me crack up!! :D

The narcisstic SOB thinks he is God's gift to the world along with being the one is just crazy enough to start a war if he thought it would guarantee him 4 more years on the throne. I shit you not, and I do not think it is that far fetched.

enslaved1
04-14-2010, 12:18 AM
I'll chime in.

Do I like Sarah? Yes

Do I like her message? Of Course.

Would I vote for her? Yes if she was the GOP pick.

Do I believe she could secure that ticket pick? No.

Why?

I think Sarah has too big of a target on her from the left. They will spend every second of every day tarnishing her with all sorts of slander, hit her with bogus lawsuits as they did when she was Governor of Alaska, and basically leave her too damaged to win. You can't win without the independents, and I think too many of them would be wary to vote for her.

What he said. The media and the moonbats would be flinging so much poo that it would bury Palin. That sucks, but it's the way it is.

lacarnut
04-14-2010, 12:45 AM
What he said. The media and the moonbats would be flinging so much poo that it would bury Palin. That sucks, but it's the way it is.

I think the American people are fair and I think quite a few people have changed their opinion about her. The people in the Tea Party made up of not only Repubs but Independents, Democrats and Seniors love the message she espouses and the messenger. Also, flinging too much poo on someone may backfire and have the opposite effect.

Although it is a long way off before the primaries even start, I don't see anyone that has the passion and fire in their belly like Palin. McCain did not have it. I was rooting for Fred Thompson. He did not have it. So we will see who emerges; like I said, it's a long way off and many things can change.

Kay
04-14-2010, 07:45 AM
flinging too much poo on someone may backfire and have the opposite effect.

Yes, and what exactly else could they possibly throw at her? She was ridiculed beyond compare, her kids trashed and mocked - there's nothing they could possibly do to top what they've already done. And through it all she stood up to it and let it roll off like water off a duck's back. The more they trashed her, the more popular she became.

American's still like a strong willed pioneer spirit that will be a constant, and Sarah certainly is that. Now that everyone got a good dose of the opposite with Obama's back room shady dealings, I think people in general would rather have a Sarah than another 4 yrs of this crap, even if they do think she's a hick.

PoliCon
04-14-2010, 08:40 AM

I actually liked her before McCain picker her. A local radio host was talking about her during the early days of the primary before McCain was media selected as our candidate for president.

lacarnut
04-14-2010, 09:44 AM
Yes, and what exactly else could they possibly throw at her? She was ridiculed beyond compare, her kids trashed and mocked - there's nothing they could possibly do to top what they've already done. And through it all she stood up to it and let it roll off like water off a duck's back. The more they trashed her, the more popular she became.

American's still like a strong willed pioneer spirit that will be a constant, and Sarah certainly is that. Now that everyone got a good dose of the opposite with Obama's back room shady dealings, I think people in general would rather have a Sarah than another 4 yrs of this crap, even if they do think she's a hick.

The more they try to knock her down, the more she comes out fighting back. I think that is a great quality in a politician. Democraps are good at it. Repubs are pretty shitty. For example, Bush with his compassionate conservatism...Dan Quale mispells potato and whimps out..Fred Thompson..another wallflower. The media is going to pound the piss out of whomever the Repub nominate. It is one thing to stand up to members of your own party in the primaries but it's a whole different ball game standing up to Obama and his political machine. Will we have a man/woman or a mouse as our candidate?

The fact that she is not a DC insider or grad of an Ivy League school is more of a reason that I think she would do a great job. I guess Rockefeller Repubs like George Will with his Manhattan cohorts don't think so because they have their own inner circle of fools.

obx
04-14-2010, 10:01 AM
I don't think Palin will get a chance to run against Ododo in 2012. I think Hillary will be the canidate .
________
Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums (http://www.tv-gossip.com/avatar-last-airbender/)

lacarnut
04-14-2010, 10:13 AM
I don't think Palin will get a chance to run against Ododo in 2012. I think Hillary will be the canidate .

Obama and Hillary dukeing it out in the primaries would be fun to watch. I don't think she would risk it though. She will bide her time cause the folks are pissed at the Democrats.

Rebel Yell
04-14-2010, 10:23 AM

I meant why would it be a bad thing to not elect Lincoln himself, not why do you have to look good on camera to be president today.

obx
04-14-2010, 10:32 AM
I think Ododo will look at his chances an give one of those "I do not choose to run.." Clinton will be drafted as a chance to fire up the base. The repubs will shoot themselves in the foot again by running some RINO and avoiding the Tea Party support. I hope I am wrong about all three.
________
Shemale webcam (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/977/webcam/videos/1)

Gingersnap
04-14-2010, 10:38 AM
I think Palin would lose. Not because she has any real deficits but because she's outspoken and good-looking.

I have to laugh when I hear people talking about how stupid she is and how inexperienced. Obama spent years "organizing" a community and that community today has nothing. No new business, no job base, no academic turn-around - nothing.

Palin cut some wicked great deals for the people of Alaska and they are enjoying that actual money today. She's run businesses, put herself through school (no easy feat), and managed to raise a bunch of kids. Even if Palin doesn't have the foreign policy experience we seem to think a president needs, I'll bet she knows enough not to bow to dictators in public. :cool:

lacarnut
04-14-2010, 10:43 AM
I think Ododo will look at his chances an give one of those "I do not choose to run.." Clinton will be drafted as a chance to fire up the base. The repubs will shoot themselves in the foot again by running some RINO and avoiding the Tea Party support. I hope I am wrong about all three.

A narcissistic POS like Obama would never admit to defeat. It's not in his DNA; after all, he is the one we all have been waiting for.

SaintLouieWoman
04-14-2010, 10:49 AM

Amen to what you said and to what Lacarnut just said. We need someone who is a fighter, not some effete person who's pushed around by the Democraps.

Molon Labe
04-14-2010, 10:55 AM
I actually liked her before McCain picker her. A local radio host was talking about her during the early days of the primary before McCain was media selected as our candidate for president.

There are very few candidates that aren't media selected. It's the ones the MSM ignores that would actually make waves.

The more they try to knock her down, the more she comes out fighting back. I think that is a great quality in a politician. Democraps are good at it. Repubs are pretty shitty. For example, Bush with his compassionate conservatism...Dan Quale mispells potato and whimps out..Fred Thompson..another wallflower. The media is going to pound the piss out of whomever the Repub nominate. It is one thing to stand up to members of your own party in the primaries but it's a whole different ball game standing up to Obama and his political machine. Will we have a man/woman or a mouse as our candidate?

The fact that she is not a DC insider or grad of an Ivy League school is more of a reason that I think she would do a great job. I guess Rockefeller Repubs like George Will with his Manhattan cohorts don't think so because they have their own inner circle of fools.

And herein lies the problem. People are so caught up in the entertainment value of playing the "political game"...the name calling, saying potato incorrectly, and the entire disinformation ruse that we stop focusing on the conversation about the root "issues" that lead to getting this country out of the mess we are in.

So, while the media gets you all riled up with Palin writing on her hands, or Obama putting his feet on the desk, or the current brou ha ha of Obama bowing before this or that leader, in the end, what does it matter when at the end of the day we are still up to our arses in the quicksand?

Let the Politicians play the politics, we must be the focused ones on WHAT they are DOING!
Because the media sure as heck isn't going to focus on the problems

The fact that Palin's down homeyness and fighting spirit are quaint to some doesn't spell "wisdom" or "statesman". The fact that she get's major media attention good or bad should make you pause that she is really so "mavericky" that she would go and "change" anything that would threaten the establishment base. It's the politicians that stay on virtual ignore mode by the media that are the biggest threats to business as usual. With all the disgust with the major media that we all agree on here, I'm surprised you don't have a more critical nature of her popularity of coverage.

BTW: George Will has never been nor never will be a Rockefeller Repub. He represents the R party of my youth better than most any pundit. He has always been one of the old guard Libertarian types in the Robert Taft image of the Republican party.

If you had said Lindsey Graham you would have been on to something.

lacarnut
04-14-2010, 11:00 AM
I think Palin would lose. Not because she has any real deficits but because she's outspoken and good-looking.

I am confused by that statement. Please explain. Most men would favor a good looking woman over a bow wow. However, would that be the case from a woman's perspective? Being outspoken is a plus in my book also.

Articulate_Ape
04-14-2010, 11:44 AM
Factoid of the day:

Pit maverick Republican Congressman Ron Paul against President Obama in a hypothetical 2012 election match-up, and the race is – virtually dead even.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of likely voters finds Obama with 42% support and Paul with 41% of the vote. Eleven percent (11%) prefer some other candidate, and six percent (6%) are undecided.

Rasmussen (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections2/election_2012/election_2012_barack_obama_42_ron_paul_41)

:p

Gingersnap
04-14-2010, 11:53 AM
I am confused by that statement. Please explain. Most men would favor a good looking woman over a bow wow. However, would that be the case from a woman's perspective? Being outspoken is a plus in my book also.

True, but a lot of men would favor a man over any woman. I think that a certain amount of the venom directed toward Palin has been generated by women who just hate to see a good-looking woman playing for the other team. If Palin was fat or plain I doubt she'd generate so much hatred.

Being outspoken is always risky in politics. I like it but most people don't. They prefer weasel language because you can make it say anything with a little work.

noonwitch
04-14-2010, 11:59 AM

It depends on the female voters in question. Some would hate her, but most of them who don't like her are like me and probably wouldn't be voting in the GOP primary to begin with.

If republican women tended to vote for the best-looking candidate in their eyes, Mitt Romney would likely win, hands-down. I don't think that's what will happen, though, and he's going to get torn apart by conservatives in his own party because he put Romneycare in place while governor of MA, so comparisons to Obamacare will be drawn.

My sole republican female coworker likes Palin. One has to keep in mind that this is the stalker who sleeps around, yet tells me that I'm not a true christian like she is, because my church teaches heresy.

Apocalypse
04-14-2010, 02:25 PM
Obama and Hillary dukeing it out in the primaries would be fun to watch. I don't think she would risk it though. She will bide her time cause the folks are pissed at the Democrats.

I wouldn't rule out a Hillary bid in '12

There has been rumors now that Hillary may quit her position some time late this year/early next. That this could be leading up to another bid for president if she still feels Obama is weak.

http://l.yimg.com/g/images/spaceball.gif

Molon Labe
04-14-2010, 03:13 PM
I wouldn't rule out a Hillary bid in '12

There has been rumors now that Hillary may quit her position some time late this year/early next. That this could be leading up to another bid for president if she still feels Obama is weak.

http://l.yimg.com/g/images/spaceball.gif

It ain't going to happen. Obama is possibly the biggest liberal icon since Kennedy. Politically speaking: The first black President means more than a tired old fembot to Democrats. Maybe other more principled liberals will materialize, but I doubt very seriously she does.

Isn't that sad part of all this? That most people care about legacy, and Political aesthetics than actually ever solving any real problems.

AmPat
04-15-2010, 12:03 AM
Anybody who runs against OBlah Blah would win.:cool:

Articulate_Ape
04-15-2010, 12:05 AM

McCain didn't. I'm just sayin'.

lacarnut
04-15-2010, 12:18 AM

Plus 1.

Obama won because of a masterfull job of promoting change. After 13 months, this is not the change folks were hoping for.

Apocalypse
04-15-2010, 07:59 AM
Here is some thing I want every one to look over and rate their chances.

From the '12 list of 'possibles', those who have indicated an interest in running.

Speculated Republican Party candidates
Main article: Republican Party (United States) presidential primaries, 2012#Speculated candidates

No one has formally announced his or her candidacy for the Republican Party nomination. The following are individuals that have been speculated about as possible candidates.

* Governor Haley Barbour of Mississippi
* Senator Scott Brown of Massachusetts
* Former Governor Jeb Bush of Florida
* House Minority Whip Eric Cantor of Virginia
* Governor Mitch Daniels of Indiana
* Senator John Ensign of Nevada
* Governor Luis Fortuño of Puerto Rico
* Former Speaker of the House of Representatives Newt Gingrich of Georgia
* Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani of New York
* Former Governor Mike Huckabee of Arkansas
* Former Governor Gary E. Johnson of New Mexico
* Former Governor and 2008 vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin of Alaska
* Former Governor George Pataki of New York
* Representative Ron Paul of Texas
* Governor Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota
* Representative Mike Pence of Indiana
* Governor Rick Perry of Texas
* General David Petraeus of New York
* Former Governor Mitt Romney of Massachusetts
* Former Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives Marco Rubio of Florida
* Governor Mark Sanford of South Carolina
* Former Senator Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania
* Senator John Thune of South Dakota

Speculated Libertarian Party candidates
Main article: Libertarian Party (United States) presidential candidates, 2012

*Entrepreneur and 2008 Libertarian Party vice-presidential nominee Wayne Allyn Root of Nevada

Speculated independent candidates

The following are individuals that are or have been speculated about as possible independent candidates.

* Mayor Michael Bloomberg of New York
* Television journalist and commentator Lou Dobbs of New Jersey
* Attorney, consumer advocate, and perennial presidential candidate Ralph Nader of Connecticut
* Former Governor Jesse Ventura of Minnesota

Confirmed independent candidates
Main article: Independent (United States) presidential candidates, 2012

* Former journalist, author, and perennial independent candidate Joe Schriner of Ohio

SaintLouieWoman
04-15-2010, 08:33 AM
Here is some thing I want every one to look over and rate their chances.

From the '12 list of 'possibles', those who have indicated an interest in running.

Speculated Republican Party candidates
Main article: Republican Party (United States) presidential primaries, 2012#Speculated candidates

No one has formally announced his or her candidacy for the Republican Party nomination. The following are individuals that have been speculated about as possible candidates.

* Governor Mark Sanford of South Carolina

* Former Senator Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania
* Senator John Thune of South Dakota

Speculated Libertarian Party candidates
Main article: Libertarian Party (United States) presidential candidates, 2012

*Entrepreneur and 2008 Libertarian Party vice-presidential nominee Wayne Allyn Root of Nevada

Speculated independent candidates

The following are individuals that are or have been speculated about as possible independent candidates.

* Mayor Michael Bloomberg of New York
* Television journalist and commentator Lou Dobbs of New Jersey
* Attorney, consumer advocate, and perennial presidential candidate Ralph Nader of Connecticut
* Former Governor Jesse Ventura of Minnesota

Confirmed independent candidates
Main article: Independent (United States) presidential candidates, 2012

* Former journalist, author, and perennial independent candidate Joe Schriner of Ohio
Doubt if Sanford has a chance. :eek::rolleyes:

Molon Labe
04-15-2010, 09:51 AM
Doubt if Sanford has a chance. :eek::rolleyes:

Yeah. Too bad he screwed things up. He was someone I could have supported.

AmPat
04-15-2010, 03:50 PM
McCain didn't. I'm just sayin'.Americans bought his crap back then, now we know,,,,,,,,,,,,just sayin.

I'm hoping that Marco Rubio isn't a poser RINO and gains national support. I'll be watching him closely.

lacarnut
04-15-2010, 04:07 PM
Eliminate all the RINO's on that list...Romney, Brown, Rudy and Pataki
Governor of P.R. ---when did they become a state????
No more Bush's

And from my perspective, every past or present politician that has ever served in Congress. These DC dunces do not understand that the folks want government "CUT" not the rate slowed down or frozen.

PoliCon
04-15-2010, 04:51 PM
No WAY. I don't trust 'em

Maybe. I'm willing to consider them.

Sure. I'd happily support them.

malloc
04-15-2010, 05:09 PM
Maybe. I'm willing to consider them.

Is Luis Fortuño eligible?

"No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

I'm curious how Puerto Rico, as an unincorporated territory of the U.S., fits in with political candidates. Are Puerto Ricans considered natural citizens?

PoliCon
04-15-2010, 05:12 PM

"No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

I'm curious how Puerto Rico, as an unincorporated territory of the U.S., fits in with political candidates. Are Puerto Ricans considered natural citizens?

Don't forget that we've had presidents before who were born in territories. Either way - I'm willing to consider. I don't have enough information on the man to say either no or yes.

Kay
04-15-2010, 11:25 PM
Rick Perry says no thank you - he's not leaving Texas.
We (Texas) already gave the world one of our Governors,
and the world didn't appreciate. So you don't get Rick Perry.
He might be POTUS of Texas one day after we succeed though.

lacarnut
04-16-2010, 12:08 AM

He is a citizen of the United States but along with other P.R. can not vote in Presidential elections. Wierd.

M21
04-16-2010, 12:26 AM
He might be POTUS of Texas one day after we succeed though.uh...I think you mean "secede" :p :D

PoliCon
04-16-2010, 12:29 AM
uh...I think you mean "secede" :p :D

have you been in training under Linda#s? ;)

Kay
04-16-2010, 12:36 AM
uh...I think you mean "secede" :p :D

Well....whenever we suceed in seceding ;)
Thank you for correcting.

M21
04-16-2010, 12:50 AM
Well....whenever we suceed in seceding ;)
Thank you for correcting.Your welcome. My wife is from West Texas and she graduated from A&M in Amarillo. The other day she went down to visit a business that didn't treat her right to get "rectification". I'm not sure what that meant but it sounded good. :)