PDA

View Full Version : Should Capitalism be a Mandatory School Subject?

Dan Dement
04-14-2010, 05:08 PM
The Chief Parenting movement thinks so, and we are encouraging concerned parents as well as brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles cousins and grandparents to spread the word about the need to teach future generations the FACTS about American Free Enterprise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyHbbxHjuto

Today, adults like you and I fight the good fight. But what about tomorrow?

Thanks for your interest and please forward to anyone who might share our concern.

Dan Dement
Chief Parenting

Apache
04-14-2010, 05:45 PM
You are a free thinker, and must be locked away...:p

Watch your back Dan. You're the one that Zero likes to target...

What is this Chief Parenting movement about?

fettpett
04-14-2010, 05:55 PM
sounds good to me

FeebMaster
04-14-2010, 05:59 PM
Oh absolutely. What better place to teach kids about capitalism than a government funded school? Given the skill they've shown in teaching kids to read, I think it's clear they're ready for this challenge.

Dan Dement
04-14-2010, 06:00 PM
Watch your back Dan. You're the one that Zero likes to target...

Let it not be said we did nothing . . . I say "let's rock!"

The Chief Parenting movement is still early stage. The video above and http://www.chiefparenting.com will give you an initial idea.

Our workshops begin this summer. We hope to expand rapidly across the US!

DD

Apache
04-14-2010, 06:07 PM
Let it not be said we did nothing . . . I say "let's rock!"

The Chief Parenting movement is still early stage. The video above and http://www.chiefparenting.com will give you an initial idea.

Our workshops begin this summer. We hope to expand rapidly across the US!

DD

Well thanks to Zero, A LOT of Americans are saying "let's rock!".

Is this your brain-child, or is it a group effort?

Megaguns91
04-14-2010, 06:09 PM
Oh I learned about Capitalism in High school, while taking a tax funded college class, which described all economic situations with the customary liberal spin. At the end of the quarter all of the "free thinker" educated college students had it crammed into their tiny narrow vision that Captialism was the root of all evil. :rolleyes: Welcome to CU, my friend.

Apache
04-14-2010, 06:12 PM
Oh I learned about Capitalism in High school, while taking a tax funded college class, which described all economic situations with the customary liberal spin. At the end of the quarter all of the "free thinker" educated college students had it crammed into their tiny narrow vision that Captialism was the root of all evil. :rolleyes: Welcome to CU, my friend.

The shining light that gives me hope for the future :D

Thanks Megs :cool:

Dan Dement
04-14-2010, 06:37 PM
Is this your brain-child, or is it a group effort?

My brain-child...evolved into a group effort of concerned parents (and grandparents!). Long story short...after having my second child, I thought about what was it that if I could only teach them one thing before they became adults, what would that be? It came down to the individual right of every person born unto Earth to make an honest dollar. And teaching them how to do it in a way that brings happiness and peace of mind into their lives. The latter two concepts combined is the definition of Chief Parenting.

Hope you can share this with as many people as possible... Thanks! Dan

Megaguns91
04-14-2010, 06:38 PM
The shining light that gives me hope for the future :D

Thanks Megs :cool:

Just doin' my job. :cool:

Articulate_Ape
04-14-2010, 06:51 PM
WTG, Mr. Dement!

Dan Dement
04-14-2010, 08:39 PM
Thank ya much, Ape! Please do share with others. - DD

Gingersnap
04-14-2010, 10:56 PM
Oh absolutely. What better place to teach kids about capitalism than a government funded school? Given the skill they've shown in teaching kids to read, I think it's clear they're ready for this challenge.

LOL! They don't even have count their change for lunch anymore - it's all on fake credit cards. :D

noonwitch
04-15-2010, 08:54 AM
Econ wasn't a required class at my high school, so I didn't take it until college.

We had Junior Achievement at my school, and I didn't participate in it, but a lot of the business-minded students did and really enjoyed it. Kids had to develop business plans for companies, working with volunteers from local companies, and present their ideas and plans. I was never clear on how much of their activities were projected and how many were real, though. JA kids developed their own language after a while.