PDA

View Full Version : I have a question about having your say....

stsinner
04-15-2010, 08:15 PM
Watching MSNBC tongiht, I'm being bombarded with accusations that the Tea Partiers at affluent, and that this is why we don't want Socialized Medicine....

If I were to stipulate that, agree that the majority of Tea Party members are employed, college-educated, over $50k per year people.... Am I wrong to think that those who are earning the money that is being spread around, earning the money that makes the country run, earning the money that non-working people survive on, employ people and pay them salaries... Shouldn't those peoles' opinion be at least as valid, but I'd argue more valid than the poor who pay no taxes and contribute absolutely nothing to the GDP of the country... ? In fact, I'd say that the 47% of Americans who pay no income taxes now under Obama should not be able to vote at all.. You shouldn't be allowed to contribute only half to the machine and still say how the machine should be run...

Gingersnap
04-15-2010, 10:02 PM
Uh......weren't we illiterate trailer trash last week? :confused:

Rockntractor
04-15-2010, 10:04 PM

You are sooo stuck in March!:rolleyes:

Gingersnap
04-15-2010, 11:20 PM

Heck. It's hell being a hick. :(

NJCardFan
04-16-2010, 12:03 AM

As Toby Keith puts it, we're white trash with money.

linda22003
04-16-2010, 08:39 AM
In fact, I'd say that the 47% of Americans who pay no income taxes now under Obama should not be able to vote at all.. You shouldn't be allowed to contribute only half to the machine and still say how the machine should be run...

That would include a lot of our active service military. Are you sure that's what you mean?

djones520
04-16-2010, 08:41 AM
That would include a lot of our active service military. Are you sure that's what you mean?

Yeah... screw that idea. I like my vote. Glad someones thinking.

Articulate_Ape
04-16-2010, 12:40 PM

HAHAHA!

NJCardFan
04-16-2010, 12:47 PM

OK, how about anyone collecting a welfare check or food stamps?

djones520
04-16-2010, 12:53 PM
OK, how about anyone collecting a welfare check or food stamps?

Still hitting a lot of Active Duty. I have another child (2) I believe I'd be eligible for food stamps.

noonwitch
04-16-2010, 01:10 PM
I'm still trying to figure out who watches MSNBC to begin with. None of my liberals friends or family members do-I only watch it if it's a documentary, like the one they had about the People's Temple ( I find cults fascinating, from a psych perspective).

I dislike Olberman and Matthews, anyways. I'm neutral on Rachel Maddow, but there are usually better viewing options than news commentary in her timeslot.

stsinner
04-16-2010, 09:48 PM
Active duty excluded, because housing is afforded them, which would be a large bunch of income, non-military people collecting and completely living on government assistance should not be allowed to vote...

Zeus
04-17-2010, 12:32 AM
http://www.viddler.com/explore/rightscoop/videos/22/ (http://www.viddler.com/explore/rightscoop/videos/22/)

djones520
04-17-2010, 10:53 AM
Active duty excluded, because housing is afforded them, which would be a large bunch of income, non-military people collecting and completely living on government assistance should not be allowed to vote...

Write your Congressman. Ask him to put it forward as an Amendment. Let us know how it goes.