PDA

View Full Version : Any Michael Savage fans?

CaughtintheMiddle1990
04-15-2010, 09:27 PM
I've seen people here mention Beck, Malkin, Bachmann, Levin, etc...What do you think of Michael Savage? I listen to Beck, O'Reilly, and Savage and while he's a bit more blunt (some would say extreme) he seems a bit less conspiracy-minded than Beck and a bit more honest than O'Reilly (whereas O'Reilly likes to be ''fair'' and tries to act more moderate.)

PoliCon
04-15-2010, 09:46 PM
I can take Savage is small doses. Same with Hannity and Beck. There are 3 shows I like to listen to - Quinn & Rose, Rush, and Boortz. I'd listen to Levin if someone in this market would carry him. I've actually asked the news talk station here to drop Savage and pick up Levin.

patriot45
04-15-2010, 09:48 PM
I've seen people here mention Beck, Malkin, Bachmann, Levin, etc...What do you think of Michael Savage? I listen to Beck, O'Reilly, and Savage and while he's a bit more blunt (some would say extreme) he seems a bit less conspiracy-minded than Beck and a bit more honest than O'Reilly (whereas O'Reilly likes to be ''fair'' and tries to act more moderate.)

You know how wierd and left you are? Well, Savage is way out there too!

patriot45
04-15-2010, 09:49 PM
Don't listen to the poli, she's not right! ;)

Rockntractor
04-15-2010, 09:50 PM
I can take Savage is small doses. Same with Hannity and Beck. There are 3 shows I like to listen to - Quinn & Rose, Rush, and Boortz. I'd listen to Levin if someone in this market would carry him. I've actually asked the news talk station here to drop Savage and pick up Levin.
Quinn & Rose are the best of all. I listen to them everyday.

fettpett
04-15-2010, 09:50 PM
I don't like Savage that much. He's got some good points, but very weird.

He's also Buddist, and more of a Liberatarian than Conservative

Rockntractor
04-15-2010, 09:54 PM
Don't listen to the poli, she's not right! ;)

Most of it is over Poli's head!:rolleyes:

CaughtintheMiddle1990
04-15-2010, 09:55 PM
I don't like Savage that much. He's got some good points, but very weird.

He's also Buddist, and more of a Liberatarian than Conservative

I thought Savage was Jewish? He always talks about his Jewish heritage and being Jewish.

Rockntractor
04-15-2010, 09:58 PM
I thought Savage was Jewish? He always talks about his Jewish heritage and being Jewish.

His real last name is Weiner.

patriot45
04-15-2010, 10:00 PM
His real last name is Weiner.

He also goes by Captain Insano!

M21
04-15-2010, 10:05 PM
I thought Savage was Jewish? He always talks about his Jewish heritage and being Jewish.Michael is Jewish. I've listened some but I don't really like ranters and he rants.

Rockntractor
04-15-2010, 10:07 PM
He also goes by Captain Insano!

That an alias, so is Der schnitzel, his last name is actually Weiner!

Rockntractor
04-15-2010, 10:08 PM
Michael is Jewish. I've listened some but I don't really like ranters and he rants.
I swear he is manic depressant.

Troll
04-15-2010, 10:19 PM
I like Savage, but I sort of like him by default - there isn't much to choose from at 7:00. Listening to him is a pretty strange ride sometimes. He's usually pretty on point, but I disagree with him strongly enough on a few issues to only take him in small doses. Plus, I've been less enthusiastic about him since he called one of his callers a "dumb goy" on the air.

Boortz is my favorite by far.

I don't like Hannity or Rush. Anyone, on the radio or off, who makes excuses for the Republican party after the last decade deserves my pity, not my listenership. They just went into FM syndication in my neck of the woods actually. Rush is on 106 at the same time Boortz is on 101, and that's not even a contest who I'm going to listen to. Hannity I'll only listen to for white noise on my way home if the local guy on 101 has a boring subject that day. I find Hannity's subject material to be vapid and predictable and his voice to be whiny. Plus, most of Hannity and Rush's callers feel the need to preface their calls with a 30-second suck up before they get to what they want to say. :rolleyes:

patriot45
04-15-2010, 10:21 PM
I like Savage, but I sort of like him by default - there isn't much to choose from at 7:00. Listening to him is a pretty strange ride sometimes. He's usually pretty on point, but I disagree with him strongly enough on a few issues to only take him in small doses. Plus, I've been less enthusiastic about him since he called one of his callers a "dumb goy" on the air.

Boortz is my favorite by far.

I don't like Hannity or Rush. Anyone, on the radio or off, who makes excuses for the Republican party after the last decade deserves my pity, not my listenership. They just went into FM syndication in my neck of the woods actually. Rush is on 106 at the same time Boortz is on 101, and that's not even a contest who I'm going to listen to. Hannity I'll only listen to for white noise on my way home if the local guy on 101 has a boring subject that day. I find Hannity's subject material to be vapid and predictable and his voice to be whiny. Plus, most of Hannity and Rush's callers feel the need to preface their calls with a 30-second suck up before they get to what they want to say. :rolleyes:

I agree! Boortz is where I go at 9 am every day to His website, its hard to pull him inln the radio in Plant City.

Levin is my next choice.

Rockntractor
04-15-2010, 10:26 PM
I got out of a speeding ticket because of Michael Savage one time. The highway patrol asked me why I was doing 85 in a 65 zone and I told him it was because I was listening to savage and he had me all pissed off. The patrolman laughed and said he got him worked up to sometimes to listening to him and wrote me a warning ticket and told me to calm down.

Gingersnap
04-15-2010, 10:27 PM
Savage used to be on out here during my drive home and that was perfect: 25 minutes of truth mixed with craziness and food reviews. Also, dog updates. :D

He's on another slot now so I seldom hear him. Prager is my guy and Levin. I don't usually listen to/view the others.

(Everything Savage says about processed food and the medical establishment is the unvarnished truth, however. :p)

Rockntractor
04-15-2010, 10:34 PM
(Everything Savage says about processed food and the medical establishment is the unvarnished truth, however. :p)

Varnish hasn't really been used since the sixties, how would you know about varnish?:confused:

fettpett
04-15-2010, 10:38 PM
I guess i miss understood what he said one of the times i was listeing to him. Thought he said he was Buddist

enslaved1
04-15-2010, 10:39 PM

I agree on the small doses. Savage is a bit conspiratorial, kind of a conservative moonbat. But he's on here late evening, when I'm often running to Quick Trip for evening soda pops and/or munchies. He does have good taste in music, and usually his comments and rants make me think.

PS if it helps, Levin has all his shows available for download for free on his website.

The lineup here is Boortz, Rush, Hannity, Levin, Savage. Love Boortz, love Rush, Hannity gets a bit shrill, so the small doses are good again. Levin is good, and we already went over Savage.

PoliCon
04-15-2010, 10:39 PM
Quinn & Rose are the best of all. I listen to them everyday.

I've met them. :) When I was little Quinn used to be on the local pop station playing bubble gum music. :D

patriot45
04-15-2010, 10:40 PM
Varnish hasn't really been used since the sixties, how would you know about varnish?:confused:

you never glazed a ham!! Makes it shiny!

Kay
04-15-2010, 10:44 PM
I can just hear Michael Savage's voice and I have to turn the dial.
It's like nails on a chalk board to me.

The few times I have tried (or been stuck) listening to him, he was
a turn off. As said above, he rants and gets way out there then
insults his callers and practically calls them stupid on air.

My favorite radio talk show is Roger Hedgecock.
http://www.rogerhedgecock.com/Default.asp?cchk=yes

PoliCon
04-15-2010, 10:45 PM
I can just hear Michael Savage's voice and I have to turn the dial.
It's like nails on a chalk board to me.

The few times I have tried (or been stuck) listening to him, he was
a turn off. As said above, he rants and gets way out there then
insults his callers and practically calls them stupid on air.

My favorite radio talk show is Roger Hedgecock.
http://www.rogerhedgecock.com/Default.asp?cchk=yes

How come Roger isn't subbing for Rush any more? :(

Rockntractor
04-15-2010, 10:47 PM
you never glazed a ham!! Makes it shiny!
You stop looking at my hams!:mad:

patriot45
04-15-2010, 10:56 PM
You stop looking at my hams!:mad:

Soueeeee!
Boy, You sure got a purty mouth!
:D

fettpett
04-15-2010, 10:59 PM

I wondered the same thing. I love Roger when he's on

Right now with everything that is going on I rarely get to listen to anyone. Mostly Rush and Hannity.

the few different times when I did listen regularly I listened to:

In Wisconsin, Glenn Beck when he first started, and Rush. then Roe & Conn Show (890 AM out of Chicago when 1130 WISN stopped coming in)

Tony Snow (RIP) till Bryan and the Judge took over. Rush then Sean, Levin at times as well

Now I don't have a great station that carries Talk, except ESPN on the FM dial. Get 890 AM still the best, which is weird seeing i'm on the other side of the Lake from there

Rockntractor
04-15-2010, 11:09 PM
Xm rules! I have two, one is recording while I am listening to the other one. I hook it up to my computer in the morning and delete the commercials. Most three hour talk shows have less than 90 minutes of actual content.

Rockntractor
04-15-2010, 11:10 PM
Soueeeee!
Boy, You sure got a purty mouth!
:D

Snout! It's a snout!:mad:

ralph wiggum
04-16-2010, 07:37 PM

I've kind of wondered that too. He seems to default to Mark Steyn in the last year. Of the current guest hosts, I would much prefer to hear Walter Williams. Hell, I could listen to him every day.

ralph wiggum
04-16-2010, 07:40 PM
I wondered the same thing. I love Roger when he's on

Right now with everything that is going on I rarely get to listen to anyone. Mostly Rush and Hannity.

the few different times when I did listen regularly I listened to:

In Wisconsin, Glenn Beck when he first started, and Rush. then Roe & Conn Show (890 AM out of Chicago when 1130 WISN stopped coming in)

Tony Snow (RIP) till Bryan and the Judge took over. Rush then Sean, Levin at times as well

Now I don't have a great station that carries Talk, except ESPN on the FM dial. Get 890 AM still the best, which is weird seeing i'm on the other side of the Lake from there

The Roe Conn show is one of my all-time favorites. He just added Richard Roeper to the show this week. I've been listening to him since the late 90's. I much preferred things when Garry Meier was still co-hosting, but oh well. It's not an overtly political show, which is why I enjoy listening to it after Rush.

fettpett
04-16-2010, 07:53 PM
The Roe Conn show is one of my all-time favorites. He just added Richard Roeper to the show this week. I've been listening to him since the late 90's. I much preferred things when Garry Meier was still co-hosting, but oh well. It's not an overtly political show, which is why I enjoy listening to it after Rush.

Yeah, I liked Roe's and Garry's back and forth, glad to hear he got a new co-host. He's a bit Moderate, but he focus' less on politics and more on world and local stuff

ralph wiggum
04-16-2010, 08:12 PM
Yeah, I liked Roe's and Garry's back and forth, glad to hear he got a new co-host. He's a bit Moderate, but he focus' less on politics and more on world and local stuff

I don't listen to it for the politics, I just find it very entertaining.

And they just re-hired Christina Filliagi as the traffic reporter and contributor for the third time:

http://images.radcity.net/5149/645950.jpg

fettpett
04-16-2010, 08:17 PM
I don't listen to it for the politics, I just find it very entertaining.

And they just re-hired Christina Filliagi as the traffic reporter and contributor for the third time:

http://images.radcity.net/5149/645950.jpg

damn....i always thought she sounded hot. guess I was right. hopefully this time WLS wont be dumbasses and lay her off again

fettpett
04-16-2010, 08:20 PM
here's a better pic

http://images.radcity.net/5149/1768555.jpg

ralph wiggum
04-16-2010, 08:25 PM
here's a better pic

http://images.radcity.net/5149/1768555.jpg

Yep, she's "teh hotness". :D

I met the whole crew at a remote broadcast for the "Roe & Garry Golf Outing". My team won the event, so we got to pose for pictures and such. It was pretty cool. They were all very nice people in person, which was somewhat surprising for "celebrities".

fettpett
04-16-2010, 08:34 PM
oh nice. she just as hot in person?

ralph wiggum
04-16-2010, 08:38 PM
oh nice. she just as hot in person?

Yep.

Kay
04-16-2010, 08:41 PM
We're talkin' radio here guys.
Shouldn't you have posted a .wav file of her voice instead of those pics?

ralph wiggum
04-16-2010, 08:47 PM
We're talkin' radio here guys.
Shouldn't you have posted a .wav file of her voice instead of those pics?

Probably. :D

She has a smoky sexy voice.

Rockntractor
04-16-2010, 08:57 PM
I like boobs!:D

FlaGator
04-16-2010, 09:28 PM
I really don't like Michael Savage. I'm not a big fan of Hannity either. He's just a toned down Savage. Rush I like and Boortz is probably my favorite

fettpett
04-16-2010, 09:44 PM
Probably. :D

She has a smoky sexy voice.

hell yeah she does...:D

PoliCon
04-16-2010, 10:03 PM
I like boobs!:D

You like wee wee and wilbur? :rolleyes:

Rockntractor
04-16-2010, 10:06 PM
You like wee wee and wilbur? :rolleyes:
They would be likened to a different part of the anatomy.