PDA

View Full Version : A Comparitive Study: How "We" Protest vs. How "They" Protest

NJCardFan
04-18-2010, 01:32 PM
I got this link off of Michelle Malkin's site (http://hillbillypolitics.com/2010/04/16/a-comparative-study-how-we-protest-vs-how-they-protest/) and it's quite good and up to date. I don't know if anyone else has posted it but here it is anyway. Here are some excerpts:

OK—As some of you are aware, I recently wrote a diary titled, “Dissent is the Highest Form of Patriotism”. In this diary, I discussed how Andrew Breitbart proved that the allegations from the DNC and the MSM that the Tea Party is fueled by racism and violence is one gigantic hoax. Furthermore, I also demonstrated how the left often resorts to acts of civil disobedience, threats, name-calling, and sometimes out-right violence, when they protest or try to suppress dissent. Some examples of this behavior are threatening voters with nightsticks, throwing food at people, posting death threats to Eric Cantor and shooting up his office, calling people “Raaaaaacists!!”, “hooligans”, “The Mob”, “Nazis” and writing in the WaPo that “I want to knock every racist and homophobic tooth out of their Cro-Magnon heads.”(links provided)

And what a black Obama supporter had to say about the Tea Party he went to:

Brooks Alexander, a 23-year-old Olney, Md., hotel worker and Obama supporter who wore an Obama t-shirt to the evening rally, said infiltrators were being disrespectful.

“They’re doing a disservice not only to themselves, but to the people who are here trying to express their views,” said Alexander, who is African American and said he traveled to the rally to verify for himself liberal accounts blasting the tea party as racist.

“All my friends told me I was crazy to come down here in an Obama shirt,” he said. “Obviously I have political disagreements [with the tea party], but I cannot lie. I cannot say that people have been anything but nice to me. They have been shaking my hand. One guy told me I had a lot of [guts] for coming down here. I will definitely walk away from this with a new understanding of the tea party.”

It's a good blog. With some great videos, like this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXbeq6Rt6Z0&feature=player_embedded

Wei Wu Wei
04-18-2010, 05:16 PM
"we"
"they"

Rockntractor
04-18-2010, 05:55 PM
"we"
"they"
us, them, you, me:confused:

Apocalypse
04-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Interesting vid NJ, but I can even tell you what the left will say to counter, and they will have a point. The TEA party protesters are an American only group, but many if not the majority of the leftist protest videos were of European protest, nothing to do with the left here. The video would have been better if it showed only leftist protest here in the states. Yes I saw the burning homes segment, but many others had nothing to do with the states as they were Brit, or other.

NJCardFan
04-18-2010, 09:21 PM
Interesting vid NJ, but I can even tell you what the left will say to counter, and they will have a point. The TEA party protesters are an American only group, but many if not the majority of the leftist protest videos were of European protest, nothing to do with the left here. The video would have been better if it showed only leftist protest here in the states. Yes I saw the burning homes segment, but many others had nothing to do with the states as they were Brit, or other.

That's why I'd like to see a longer vid. However, the point of the video is made. Especially considering that the left in this country wants us to be more like Europe, no?

And I see WeeWee ads his usual nothing to the conversation.

Rockntractor
04-18-2010, 09:24 PM
And I see WeeWee ads his usual nothing to the conversation.
He has pretty much run out of things to say. Soon it will just be "ugh"!

NJCardFan
04-18-2010, 10:44 PM
He has pretty much run out of things to say. Soon it will just be "ugh"!

Well, I have the numbskull on ignore.

ralph wiggum
04-18-2010, 11:05 PM
Brooks Alexander, a 23-year-old Olney, Md., hotel worker and Obama supporter who wore an Obama t-shirt to the evening rally, said infiltrators were being disrespectful.

“They’re doing a disservice not only to themselves, but to the people who are here trying to express their views,” said Alexander, who is African American and said he traveled to the rally to verify for himself liberal accounts blasting the tea party as racist.

“All my friends told me I was crazy to come down here in an Obama shirt,” he said. “Obviously I have political disagreements [with the tea party], but I cannot lie. I cannot say that people have been anything but nice to me. They have been shaking my hand. One guy told me I had a lot of [guts] for coming down here. I will definitely walk away from this with a new understanding of the tea party.”

Obviously this guy is an Uncle Tom. (DU MODE)

swirling_vortex
04-19-2010, 01:26 AM
The only defense I could give of the left in this video would be that those demonstrations were done mainly by anarchists and other far-off-the-deep-end leftists (as indicated by the black and black & red anarcho-syndicalist flags). I don't think many of the Democrats in my hometown would ever pull off that kind of stuff. However, the recent IRS building attack shows that the attempt to label this as a tea party action only to find out that it was done by a leftist certainly proves that we are starting to head in that direction.

noonwitch
04-19-2010, 02:32 PM
Obviously this guy is an Uncle Tom. (DU MODE)

I hate it when white people use that term to describe any black person, whether it be Condi or Steele, or someone on the left. I lectured a white DUer (there are only a few black posters there, Mr. Scorpio being one of them) once for using it to describe Condi, who lost a friend in the bombing of that church in Birmingham in 1963 that killed 4 girls. How can you call someone a name like that? Someone who was born in the day when a group of white men could blow up a church full of black people and expect to get away with it?

It's really easy when you are a white child of privilege, born after the 60s, to call someone an "Uncle Tom" or a "Mammy" because you think they are a sell out to their race for not belonging to your political party. It's also forgetting history. The GOP was the party of civil rights until LBJ. FDR supported civil rights, but he was rare for the Democratic party of his time.

NJCardFan
04-19-2010, 09:21 PM
I hate it when white people use that term to describe any black person, whether it be Condi or Steele, or someone on the left. I lectured a white DUer (there are only a few black posters there, Mr. Scorpio being one of them) once for using it to describe Condi, who lost a friend in the bombing of that church in Birmingham in 1963 that killed 4 girls. How can you call someone a name like that? Someone who was born in the day when a group of white men could blow up a church full of black people and expect to get away with it?

It's really easy when you are a white child of privilege, born after the 60s, to call someone an "Uncle Tom" or a "Mammy" because you think they are a sell out to their race for not belonging to your political party. It's also forgetting history. The GOP was the party of civil rights until LBJ. FDR supported civil rights, but he was rare for the Democratic party of his time.

Noon, blacks use this term to describe blacks who stray from the pack. So it's less demeaning when a black person calls a black conservative Uncle Tom?

ralph wiggum
04-20-2010, 12:44 AM
Noon, blacks use this term to describe blacks who stray from the pack. So it's less demeaning when a black person calls a black conservative Uncle Tom?

If I understand correctly, Noonwitch is agreeing that it is ridiculous and stupid for anyone to call a black Republican an "Uncle Tom".

She's a rational Democrat....that's why we let her hang around. :cool:

NJCardFan
04-20-2010, 12:48 AM
If I understand correctly, Noonwitch is agreeing that it is ridiculous and stupid for anyone to call a black Republican an "Uncle Tom".

She's a rational Democrat....that's why we let her hang around. :cool:

No, she specifically said white people:

ralph wiggum
04-20-2010, 12:52 AM
No, she specifically said white people:

How many white Republicans have called any black an "Uncle Tom"??? :confused:

That's exclusively something a self-loathing liberal would say about a conservative black.

NJCardFan
04-20-2010, 01:03 AM
How many white Republicans have called any black an "Uncle Tom"??? :confused:

That's exclusively something a self-loathing liberal would say about a conservative black.

Exactly my point.

ralph wiggum
04-20-2010, 01:08 AM
Exactly my point.

I think that was her point too. She doesn't agree with the idiot libs either.

But I won't speak for her, that's just what I'm reading into it.

PoliCon
04-20-2010, 01:59 AM
How many TEA Party protests end with multiple arrests - vandalism - riots - or assault? The left still cannot find one person willing to claim the reward offered for evidence of any TEA Party protester using the N word while in DC like the Congressional Black Caucus claims. :rolleyes: They have to send moles in with racist signs to try and 'expose' the racism of conservatives. There just is no comparison.

marinejcksn
04-20-2010, 09:48 AM

You said it all, ma'am. :) I hear this more often than you'd think in college from some of my black classmates when Michael Steele's name comes up. (Although steele is a jackass in my opinion)

Gingersnap
04-20-2010, 11:13 AM
Well, having first hand experience of protests and rallies on both sides of the political coin, I can say there are some differences.

Liberal protests frequently include multiple unrelated groups hoping for a little publicity: anarchists, gays, elderly feminists, topless women, pro-legalization people, etc. I'm not saying that the organizers invite these groups to swell the numbers. I've just seen it a lot. It's probably opportunistic more than anything.

Liberal protests are usually dominated by the under 30 crowd. There may be retired people also but college-aged people make up the bulk of the group who show up.

While people who disagree with the protest may show up (pro-life people, etc.) they don't attempt to pretend to be part of protest. They're open about being in the opposition.

Tea Party rallies, on the other hand, are pretty unified. While various subgroups (RKBA people, pro-life people, etc.) may attend, they don't try to push their special interest message to the forefront. They are Tea Party members first and they stay on that topic.

Tea Party rallies seem to be mostly working people with a chunk of retirees. There are relatively few college-aged people. You will often hear people say that they came on their lunch break or that they took some personal time from work to attend.

Tea Party protests have had to deal with infiltrators from the beginning. It's common that the opposition will attempt to get an embarrassing sign in a video. I've personally witnessed infiltrators make inflammatory (but witless) statements to a small group in the hopes of getting them to agree. There is usually a confederate nearby catching the attempt on video.

NJCardFan
04-20-2010, 12:25 PM
A big difference between liberal and conservative protests is that while liberal protests have a penchant for unrest aside, they allow all groups into the fold no matter how whacked out they might be as well as they don't even attempt to dismiss signs that may make their movement look bad. Remember all the Bush must die signs? "Bush is the disease, death is the cure" signs? However, Tea Party protesters won't hesitate to separate themselves from any idiotic signs or groups. Also, a conservative knows to differentiate a kook as a kook. Liberals will look at a kook on the right and try to paint that person as representative of the entire movement. This is how dishonest they are.