PDA

View Full Version : Unemployed Mother of 15 (3 dif fathers) says "Somebody Owes Me"

CaughtintheMiddle1990
04-22-2010, 03:36 AM
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/apr/21/homeless-mother-15-says-she-needs-help-justice/news-breaking/

TAMPA - The din of a room at the Economy Inn on East Busch Boulevard is nearly deafening at times.

Twelve children ranging from teenagers to toddlers to infants are here, scrambling across the floor, bouncing on beds. With eyes filled with resignation, they are hungry and dirty and they wear the same clothes they wore the day before and the day before that.

Mom is asking for help, saying she is homeless and hopeless. A relative paid for the hotel room for a week, and after that, who knows. Her fiancé is in prison. Her 1-year-old is named John The Baptist Brown.

Angel Adams is indignant when asked about her situation, saying somebody owes her. The lifelong Tampa resident says she wants justice from the Hillsborough County sheriff's child protection team that took her kids away from her two years ago and from Hillsborough Kids Inc., which got her kids back six months ago.

"What do I do?" she says. "I have no answers. My family has been railroaded. Someone needs to pay.
"Nobody's helping me."

Inside the dingy motel, Adams hands out a list of her children and their ages. Across the top: "Three fathers. One Mother. Fifteen Children."

Food is donated. They get Cuban sandwiches and packaged noodles. There's a microwave and mini refrigerator. No stove. One sink, one toilet, one shower. Everyone's barefoot, walking on a dirty, stained green carpet.

The dull smell of dirty diapers fills the room. Jerome, 11, gives Andrew, 6 months, a bottle. "This is not comfortable," Jerome says.

The baby coughs and spits up.

"The girls sleep on one bed," Adams says. "The boys sleep on the other. I just crash on the floor."

The 12 kids are the youngest of 15 altogether, she says. Three have "aged out," meaning they have turned 18 and are on their own, no longer a part of the child welfare system.

"I can have as many as I want to," she says. All her kids, she adds, "are gifts from God."

The 37-year-old mother doesn't work. "This is my work," she says gesturing toward the throng of children. "I do this all by myself."

She says she has needs and she wants Hillsborough Kids to take care of that.

"I need a house," she says, "a big enough home to be comfortable. The kids are scared. I'm scared."

She says she had an $800-a-month, two-bedroom apartment that was paid for by Hillsborough Kids, but she was evicted last week.

So, she sits amid her children, wondering what will happen next week.

"I don't know what I'm going to do," she says. The system, she says, "is not hearing me. This is a revolving door going nowhere."

Hillsborough Kids spokesman Elaine Olszewski said that's not the case. There is a system of support at work behind the scenes and by next week, she says, Adams likely will be in a home that will be big enough to accommodate her children.

Case managers have been in constant contact with Adams, she says, and the case is about to close. To close a case, social workers make sure all the requirements of a safe wholesome environment exist for the children and a judge signs an order.

Hillsborough Kids, which manages child welfare in the county, is working with Metropolitan Ministries to arrange a place to stay for Adams and should have one ready by next week.

"They are working on it," Olszewski says. "As far as we are concerned, this really isn't a story."

She said the children were taken away by sheriff's deputies two years ago, but were reunited with Adams six months ago, when she was set up in an apartment off North Boulevard near of Columbus Drive. A home-study report was completed to the satisfaction of everyone involved, she says.

"A judge ruled the situation sufficient," Olszewski says. The eviction involved "other issues, not having to do with us," she says.

Typically, single moms in similar situations have frequent visits by case workers, who work with charities in the community and coordinate grant money to pay for services.

"It's on a case-by-case basis," she says. "It's not that we would financially support them, but we are connected to community partners that provide assistance."

The goal when children are removed from the home is to get them back with biological parents, she said, and caseworkers try to work to that end, she says.

"Children always are better with their biological parents," she says. "Once we determine they are safe and everything is appropriate, there's a six-month period when they still are technically in the system. We continue to monitor the kids."

She says all the children of school age are enrolled and going to school, although Adams says they have not gone to school since she took up residence in the hotel. She says she can't get them to school.

"There's a lot of support out there," Olszewski says, "and we kind of direct them. She has the support from the community, churches and family members."

Once all requirements are met, a court hearing is scheduled and a judge signs off on it and the case is closed, Olszewski says.

"It was supposed to have happened last week," but something came up in the courtroom, she says. "It should be this week."

NJCardFan
04-22-2010, 06:18 AM
15 kids by 3 different fathers and her fiance is in prison. Without even clicking on the story I can guess what color she is. I hate to sound like a bigot but I'd be willing to bet my paycheck that she's black. Especially judging by the "somebody owes me" mentality. It's crap like this that keeps prejudice going. This woman is a walking stereotype. Somebody owes you. If you didn't breed like a cockroach you just might be able to take care of yourself.

"I can have as many as I want to," she says. All her kids, she adds, "are gifts from God."

Fucking scumbag. Yeah, as long as someone else is picking up the tab. So typical that I want to throw up.

MrsSmith
04-22-2010, 07:42 AM
This appears as though this woman and her children are mostly being supported by local churches...but that can't be. Fundies are all way too selfish and judgemental to support a single, black mom and her kids. Right??

FlaGator
04-22-2010, 08:28 AM
Another example of the attitude that can be produced by a welfare state mentality.

Apocalypse
04-22-2010, 09:32 AM
15 kids by 3 different fathers and her fiance is in prison. Without even clicking on the story I can guess what color she is. I hate to sound like a bigot but I'd be willing to bet my paycheck that she's black. Especially judging by the "somebody owes me" mentality. It's crap like this that keeps prejudice going. This woman is a walking stereotype. Somebody owes you. If you didn't breed like a cockroach you just might be able to take care of yourself.

Fucking scumbag. Yeah, as long as someone else is picking up the tab. So typical that I want to throw up.

Dude, color of skin means shit. I have half of my dads side of the family gaining the system, and their all white. Plus look at octimom, she's white. So color of skin means shit. Its just plain laziness, pure and simple. And she has a point. Somebody does owe her. Father 1, 2 and 3 owe her child support.

Beyond that, your right, you must take responsibility for your own action, and if you can't afford to have 1-2 children, then don't run out and have 15.

fettpett
04-22-2010, 09:39 AM
this is one of those times that a judge needs to make her get her tubes tied

Speedy
04-22-2010, 10:33 AM
My sx came from a large family. She had had seven brothers and sisters. When we got married she wanted to have a large family, I told her no fucking way. I told her that I wanted a comfortable life for her and my kids and that two kids and us would be enough. You have have enough kids and you garauntee that you will be poor.

BSR
04-22-2010, 11:42 AM

OCTOMOM and the Duggars would like a word with you...

linda22003
04-22-2010, 11:51 AM
What somebody OWES her is a hysterectomy. I'll kick in for it.

fettpett
04-22-2010, 12:04 PM
What somebody OWES her is a hysterectomy. I'll kick in for it.

a literal "kick" right :D :eek::cool:

NJCardFan
04-22-2010, 12:21 PM
OCTOMOM and the Duggars would like a word with you...

Dude, color of skin means shit. I have half of my dads side of the family gaining the system, and their all white. Plus look at octimom, she's white. So color of skin means shit. Its just plain laziness, pure and simple. And she has a point. Somebody does owe her. Father 1, 2 and 3 owe her child support.

Beyond that, your right, you must take responsibility for your own action, and if you can't afford to have 1-2 children, then don't run out and have 15.

OK, I didn't say that it's all about skin color did I? I said that this woman is a walking stereotype. However, I was right in my assessment, no? You'd be lying if you read the story(without clicking on the link and seeing the picture) when you saw 15 children from 3 different fathers and immediately got a picture in your mind of a black woman. Look, I don't give a flying flip who I'm offending by that comment because it's true. This is the attitude that permeates the black community. I remember watching an Oprah episode back in the early 80's(when she first went national) and there was a woman in the same boat in Chicago and the mayor of Chicago at the time(Harold Washington) had made a comment that this woman shouldn't be allowed to have any more children and she said that she can have all the children she wants. It's the entitlement mentality that I'm talking about here. A majority of blacks believe that they are entitled to a living with little to no responsibility for it themselves. Are there whites who think the same way? Of course there are but I'd be willing to bet that the percentages would be higher in the black community of this mentality. This is why I believe they nearly vote unanimously Democrat.

noonwitch
04-22-2010, 12:23 PM
This appears as though this woman and her children are mostly being supported by local churches...but that can't be. Fundies are all way too selfish and judgemental to support a single, black mom and her kids. Right??

She's being supported by our tax dollars, primarily. She gets extra help from the local churches (food, baby food, clothes for the kids, toys, etc, the kind of things you donate to your church). The rest of her income is welfare.

The only people who owe her anything are the 3 fathers of her children. They owe her and the state of Florida a lot of money in child support.

marv
04-22-2010, 01:05 PM
http://www2.tbo.com/exposure/ar/659/372/2010/04/21/42725_angel-adams.jpg

...and that's the truth!

noonwitch
04-22-2010, 01:23 PM
http://www2.tbo.com/exposure/ar/659/372/2010/04/21/42725_angel-adams.jpg

...and that's the truth!

What a bunch of cute kids, though. I hope their mom gets her act together. The oldest boy looks almost grown. The little ones are not too young to be adopted.

Speedy
04-22-2010, 01:25 PM
What a bunch of cute kids, though. I hope their mom gets her act together. The oldest boy looks almost grown. The little ones are not too young to be adopted.

Are you kidding? Every single one of those kids will be poor their whole lives. Not a single one of them will go to college and maybe, just maybe one of the boys won't see the inside of a prison. Every single one of them will blame white folks for their plight.

noonwitch
04-22-2010, 01:38 PM
Are you kidding? Every single one of those kids will be poor their whole lives. Not a single one of them will go to college and maybe, just maybe one of the boys won't see the inside of a prison. Every single one of them will blame white folks for their plight.

You never know what can happen. They are still kids and as a society, we should never write off kids as hopeless. A good teacher at the right time can make a huge impact-so can a youth pastor providing outreach to a neighborhood family in need.

We have a law in Michigan that mandates CPS to file to terminate parental rights if children have been returned to their parent (s) from foster care and they come back into care. Other states should consider passing similar laws-they lead to more adoptions of younger children, if nothing else. I suspect these kids will end up back in care, mainly because their mother doesn't seem to take responsibility for anything.

Speedy
04-22-2010, 01:54 PM
You never know what can happen.

I see these kids as learning from a very young age that all they need to get by will be provided for them by other people or the government. They do not care to have anything that would take the least amount of effort.

M21
04-22-2010, 01:58 PM
What a mess. Poor kids.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
04-22-2010, 07:24 PM
See when I look at cases like this I look at the example of my mother.
She was a young mother--18. She had two daughters with her first husband, my sisters. They're now 37 and 36. She didn't stay with the dad because he couldn't hold down a job and thus when they got their first apartment they were broke--no money, little food. She realized very quickly she couldn't go on like this and left him. He never looked back and my sisters never saw their father. My mother immediately enrolled herself in a year long nursing program and the next year came out a LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse), and then worked at the school where she was taught to be a nurse. The semester immediately after she graduated from nursing school, she enrolled in an actual college and spent the next three years studying and ended up getting an Associates Degree. I've seen her transcripts--She got nothing less than a B in any class the three years she was there and had around 3.9 or even 4.0 GPA.
The year after she began working at a hospital, which she continued working at for the next 16 years. At first she didn't make so much money as a nurse and when she got an apartment with my sisters, it was a one bedroom apartment and she gave my sisters the bedroom and slept on the couch. By the late '80s however they were doing quite well as her salary took a great rise and she met my father, also a nurse in 1989.

Speedy
04-22-2010, 10:04 PM
Add another 12 brothers and sisters and see how far your would have gotten. Women who have kids like this or even half as many kids are lowlife pieces of shit. Just as much as this woman in the story is.

MrsSmith
04-22-2010, 11:13 PM
Add another 12 brothers and sisters and see how far your would have gotten. Women who have kids like this or even half as many kids are lowlife pieces of shit. Just as much as this woman in the story is.
I'd just like to mention that I have 5 kids, 4 different dads...2 of which died, 1 went to prison, and 1 is still working on drinking himself to death, the last I heard. I went back to college with 3, had the 4th just before graduation...pulled a 4.0 for both years. Got a full-time job when the 4th was 9 months old...and have not been out of work since. (she just turned 21 Tuesday.) I've never been on welfare, Medicaid, or even heating assistance. The American taxpayer gave me 2 years of college, and a about $4000 or 5000 in EIC. I've way more than paid that back, even without counting the contributions of my kids.

Have a bunch of kids makes it harder to manage...not impossible. I'm not a lowlife POS, and neither are any of my kids...or my 5 grandkids.

The welfare mentality must be changed, but it's not going to happen so long as we allow our government to keep their Democratic Plantation going.

Speedy
04-23-2010, 12:33 AM
I'd just like to mention that I have 5 kids, 4 different dads...2 of which died, 1 went to prison, and 1 is still working on drinking himself to death, the last I heard. I went back to college with 3, had the 4th just before graduation...pulled a 4.0 for both years. Got a full-time job when the 4th was 9 months old...and have not been out of work since. (she just turned 21 Tuesday.) I've never been on welfare, Medicaid, or even heating assistance. The American taxpayer gave me 2 years of college, and a about $4000 or 5000 in EIC. I've way more than paid that back, even without counting the contributions of my kids.

Have a bunch of kids makes it harder to manage...not impossible. I'm not a lowlife POS, and neither are any of my kids...or my 5 grandkids.

The welfare mentality must be changed, but it's not going to happen so long as we allow our government to keep their Democratic Plantation going.

Well, I am sure that every time you found a different dad for one of your kids he was a better catch than the previous one. My oldest daughter is a widow, luckily she did not have any kids with her first husband and it is doubtful that she can have any. My youngest daughter is the mom of two and she made sure she could not have any kids after the second one. And she made sure she could never go back on it. I in grained into my girls over and over and over that anymore than two kids meant that they would have to settle for a real piece of shit as a partner if they ever found themselves alone. You think a mom of 10 or 15 kids is going to find any man that would stay around that is not worthless?

CaughtintheMiddle1990
04-23-2010, 01:35 AM

There's a big difference between my mother and this woman. She had 2 children with the same man who was a loser, who she left because of it. This woman is 37 with 15 kids and no job or any meaningful education and what appears to be no intention of getting one. When my mother was 37 she had 3 kids and had been employed at the same job for over 11 years and saved numerous lives in her position and was making a steady, nice sized income.

Speedy
04-23-2010, 02:42 AM
There's a big difference between my mother and this woman. She had 2 children with the same man who was a loser, who she left because of it. This woman is 37 with 15 kids and no job or any meaningful education and what appears to be no intention of getting one. When my mother was 37 she had 3 kids and had been employed at the same job for over 11 years and saved numerous lives in her position and was making a steady, nice sized income.

My opinion is that three kids, maybe four is the limit for a middle class family or maybe a dedicated single mom or dad to raise without being impoverished. Any more than that and you are going to be dirt, ramen eating 7 days a week poor. Unless you are in an upper class job, no way you can comfortably raise more than three or four kids.

linda22003
04-23-2010, 08:15 AM
I'd just like to mention that I have 5 kids, 4 different dads...2 of which died, 1 went to prison, and 1 is still working on drinking himself to death, the last I heard. I went back to college with 3, had the 4th just before graduation...pulled a 4.0 for both years.

You've posted several times about your life, and personally I don't think your issues have had to do with the number of children you've had, but possibly with your "partner selection process". Would that be fair to say?

Sonnabend
04-23-2010, 09:10 AM
Suggested solutions

1. The word NO

2. Contraception

3. Keep the panties ON.

I see these kids as learning from a very young age that all they need to get by will be provided for them by other people or the government.

BINGO.

AmPat
04-23-2010, 10:01 AM
The 37-year-old mother doesn't work. "This is my work," she says gesturing toward the throng of children. "I did this all by myself."
Fixed!:cool:

You do have the right to have as many as you want. You DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE YOUR PROBLEM MY RESPONSIBILITY! :mad:

Close your legs for once in your lifetime.:cool:

AmPat
04-23-2010, 10:10 AM

I believe there is a difference. Your children will adopt the work ethics that you have and have demonstrated to them. The mother in the story reeks of entitlement mentality and she will no doubt pass that on to her children. I'm with Speedy on this, she is a disaster breeding disaster.

djones520
04-23-2010, 10:17 AM
I believe there is a difference. Your children will adopt the work ethics that you have and have demonstrated to them. The mother in the story reeks of entitlement mentality and she will no doubt pass that on to her children. I'm with Speedy on this, she is a disaster breeding disaster.

I wouldn't count them all as lost causes. My grandmother was a lot like this. She had 6 kids, and raised them on welfare demanding that the state pay for everything. 2 of my uncles have passed on, another is one I haven't heard from in years but was a pretty bad apple, my aunt is a pathological liar and drug addict, and my last uncle ended up fathering a few children himself with no school education at all. My father on the other hand managed to climb out of that and after a 21 year AF career, now has a job making 6 figures a year. He raised his children to be self sufficient and to rely on no one but themselves. His example has even had some positive affects on that last uncle I mentioned. While his lack of an education in his childhood will probably never allow him to get anywhere substantial in life, he seems to want to be as responsible a parent as he can be from everything I've heard and all in all he's earned a bit of my respect as a man, which isn't something I can say about my other living uncle.

So yes, most of those children may be lost causes, but I would count on a couple of them being able to climb above the others and lead succesful lives.

AmPat
04-23-2010, 10:32 AM
Commendible. If we are talking about cost to society, I believe even one of those 15 children making it to a 6 figure salary would still put our taxpayers at a loss of @ 35K times 14 for an average of 50 years for the remaining 14. It will be worse than that if you consider the synergy of passing the legacy of having all the offspring you want at taxpayer expense, raise them to be equally worthless and trained as entitlement cockroaches. The cost for the rest is far greater than one "making it."

MrsSmith
04-23-2010, 10:35 AM
You've posted several times about your life, and personally I don't think your issues have had to do with the number of children you've had, but possibly with your "partner selection process". Would that be fair to say?

That was one of the main problems, certainly. My point was that not all single-mother, multiple-father families are automatically scum. Even someone that screws everything up can get a hand up and make it...if they try.

Certainly, all those kids absolutely need someone to step in and give them some hope, a work ethic, and a chance. In fact, the only way we'll get rid of this mentality is if WE do that, because the liberals certainly never will.

Speedy
04-23-2010, 10:39 AM
So yes, most of those children may be lost causes, but I would count on a couple of them being able to climb above the others and lead succesful lives.

I would not bet on it. All those girls will have multiple kids from multiple fathers by the time they are 18. I'm surprised the bitch isn't a grandma already. Won't be long though.

AmPat
04-23-2010, 10:41 AM
That was one of the main problems, certainly. My point was that not all single-mother, multiple-father families are automatically scum. Even someone that screws everything up can get a hand up and make it...if they try.

Certainly, all those kids absolutely need someone to step in and give them some hope, a work ethic, and a chance. In fact, the only way we'll get rid of this mentality is if WE do that, because the liberals certainly never will.

You are one of those that got away. Us guys aren't too smart when it comes to the wymens. We need about 40 years to wake up.:o

noonwitch
04-23-2010, 10:52 AM

I agree with the principle that what you teach by example, your kids will pick up. But there are tons of variables in any person's life history, and influences that can supercede that of parents. There are kids who defy the odds against them and grow up to be productive adults.

The school I spoke at on Wednesday is in a part of Detroit that everyone writes off as hopeless (the immediate east side). Yet I met kids who want to go to college, who want to have jobs that not just pay a decent wage but give them satisfaction and meaning in life, and who want to help make their community a better place. Some of them will achieve their dreams, and most of them will at least be able to attend community college or a trade school, if they want it badly enough. I told them "If you are a straight A student, rich people and foundations will make sure you to get to college". But there is assistance for the B students, too, it's just not a full ride. I told them I worked at K-Mart when I was in college and that it was a fun job, even if it didn't pay much. I told them I had roommates who did work/study and worked in the cafeterias on campus in exchange for tuition or room/board. I told them that any job, no matter how low-paying or menial, was still a job and sticking it out demonstrates a good work ethic and a responsible character. Some of them were actually taking notes during my talk.

Rebel Yell
04-23-2010, 10:59 AM
You never know what can happen. They are still kids and as a society, we should never write off kids as hopeless. A good teacher at the right time can make a huge impact-so can a youth pastor providing outreach to a neighborhood family in need.

My take on kids: We put waaaay too much emphasis on "for the kids". They aren't special, at least 80% of them grow up to be idiots.

AmPat
04-23-2010, 11:00 AM
Great. I too agree and am encouraged by their stated aspirations. What they say they want and what they can and will do is quite a dfferent story. Talk to any employers out in the real world and ask how they perceive the up and coming. Will these young ones possess the work ethic to get them through the druggery of 8-12 hour days, 5-7 days a week? Will they really want to work for the pay or are they merely dreaming of having the paycheck and glossing over the work part?

Speedy
04-23-2010, 11:11 AM
I say we all conduct a little experiment over the next week. At every business, restaurant, store, even your own workplace, look around and see how many Black women you see working compared to how many Black men you see working. You will find it striking.

NJCardFan
04-23-2010, 11:34 AM
I say we all conduct a little experiment over the next week. At every business, restaurant, store, even your own workplace, look around and see how many Black women you see working compared to how many Black men you see working. You will find it striking.

Let me tell you something. I work with a lot of both black men and women and while laziness permeates the entire department, many of the black females got it down to a science. Case in point. We stand line-up every day which starts at 2pm(my shift). We usually start moseying in between 1:50 and 2pm. However, if a "code 33" is called, we have to respond. A code is a fight of some kind and we usually respond to these in ill humor. Reason being is because this kind of code is usually a assault on staff. Well, one day a code was called prior to lineup. Everyone responded except for 1 black female officer. She was written up. Her defense that her shift hadn't started yet. She won her appeal. Mind you, had I or another white officer, male or female, had done this, we would have been hanged, drawn, and quartered, deservedly so. This lazy bitch didn't respond to a code involving a fellow officer and got away with it. There have been countless cases where black females would casually walk to an area of a code and get away with it. On one occasion, an officer and sergeant were getting pummeled and instead of going down to try to help(she was sitting in an LCP(local control point) and giving a blow by blow account. I'd go into details of why this was wrong on her part but that involves job descriptions and that would take too long. Let's just say that she was supposed to respond).Thankfully she was fired but not for that. She was living with a parolee. Mind you, there are some who get right into the fight with no problem but a vast majority of them wouldn't lend a hand if it meant someone's life. And I'm not even going to get into how many black female officers get fired for having relationships with inmates(1 just 2 weeks ago). They are just there to collect a paycheck and that's all. Do the actual work? Um, no.

AmPat
04-23-2010, 12:59 PM
The fired ones probably find employment at the airport. More pay, less oversight, less work.

RedGrouse
12-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Sorry to bump this thread.

FLASHBACK: Homeless Lady with 15 Kids: ‘Somebody Needs to Pay for All My Children’
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bavou_SEj1E

Angel Adams is still at it.

Bailey
12-03-2011, 06:27 PM
this thread has so many banned people in it lol

Oh I dont know why this savage hasn't been forced to be neutered like you'd do to a dog.

jendf
12-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Horrible person. One of the few times where forced sterilization wouldn't bother me. Those children should not be anywhere near her.

I wonder what that public defender of hers really thinks about her. Rethinking his career choice, maybe?

NJCardFan
12-03-2011, 07:19 PM
Sorry to bump this thread.

FLASHBACK: Homeless Lady with 15 Kids: ‘Somebody Needs to Pay for All My Children’
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bavou_SEj1E

Angel Adams is still at it.
Unbelievable. This is the America Obama wants. And people like wee wee and probably Lainie have no problem with the attitude of this woman. She can't keep her legs closed and has children she can't provide for but it's the responsibility of the taxpayer to take care of her. Sad thing is, of her 15 kids, I'd venture a guess that most if not all will live like this and worse yet, the girls will most likely end up with youngins they can't afford to take care of.

NJCardFan
12-03-2011, 07:20 PM
this thread has so many banned people in it lol

Oh I dont know why this savage hasn't been forced to be neutered like you'd do to a dog.

Actually, the only banned name I see is Speedy. BSR left on his own accord IIRC.

Bailey
12-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Actually, the only banned name I see is Speedy. BSR left on his own accord IIRC.

well that 1990 dude got banned

NJCardFan
12-03-2011, 07:22 PM
well that 1990 dude got banned
Didn't see 'banned' under his name. Also, I was banned for a minute. :mad:

Wei Wu Wei
12-03-2011, 07:24 PM
Unbelievable. This is the America Obama wants. And people like wee wee and probably Lainie have no problem with the attitude of this woman.

You really need to believe this in order to sustain your worldview, don't you?

Wei Wu Wei
12-03-2011, 07:25 PM

CITM was banned a while back.

Bailey
12-03-2011, 07:30 PM

Your puter must be broken then.

AmPat
12-03-2011, 08:34 PM
http://youtu.be/U0kJHQpvgB8:eek:

NJCardFan
12-03-2011, 10:02 PM
Your puter must be broken then.

No, I wasn't looking. :p

NJCardFan
12-03-2011, 10:07 PM
You really need to believe this in order to sustain your worldview, don't you?

So what you're saying is that this person can squirt out all the puppies she wants but can't afford but everyone else is responsible for their care?

Wei Wu Wei
12-03-2011, 10:47 PM
So what you're saying is that this person can squirt out all the puppies she wants but can't afford but everyone else is responsible for their care?

I haven't said a word supporting this person or her actions or her words.

You seem really desperate to put words into my mouth. Is it because you can't argue against what I actually say? Is that why you absolutely need to have strawmen to argue against?

It looks like your entire worldview depends on you believing that "all leftists think X", and without that, you are just confused and lost. This is why instead of discussing what I have to say, you constantly resort to fighting strawmen.

I've been guilty of this too, for a long time I was too dependent on my ideas of conservatives being "irrational, war-mongering, religious fundamentalists", and I could never accept that often times conservatives are rational and have good valid arguments that I may even agree with. My political identity became anti-conservative, and because I was invested in this identity, it was personally important to me that I could never agree with conservatives, my identity and world-view depended on it. This severely limited my understanding of the world and myself, and I had to move past that. I spent a lot of time really talking to conservatives and listening to them, and I realized how shallow my liberal identity really was.

I still disagree with conservatives on many issues, but I respect most conservatives (as long as they are respectful as well), and am still able to learn a lot from them. Conservatives ask me questions and challenge me in ways that liberals never do.

NJCardFan
12-03-2011, 11:34 PM
Are you kidding me? This woman can be a poster child for OWS. Not too many conservatives in that movement.