PDA

View Full Version : What will the weather be Mr. Jones?

Rockntractor
04-22-2010, 10:20 PM
I need a weather report for tomorrow. Yesterday I had a 70% chance of rain, zip zilch nothing. Today was 80% chance. clear skies and beautiful all day. What will tomorrow bring Mr Jones?:D

Gingersnap
04-22-2010, 10:49 PM
He's not paying attention so I'll go:

Chance of locally heavy T-storms/rain, 70+ temps, mostly sunny until after noon.

At least you didn't tornado warnings today - we did.

patriot45
04-22-2010, 11:01 PM
I need a weather report for tomorrow. Yesterday I had a 70% chance of rain, zip zilch nothing. Today was 80% chance. clear skies and beautiful all day. What will tomorrow bring Mr Jones?:D

I don't know about tomorrow but if we don't spend billions fast, the atlantic ocean will be lapping at your doors in 2 years!! Start planning now!

Rockntractor
04-22-2010, 11:03 PM
He's not paying attention so I'll go:

Chance of locally heavy T-storms/rain, 70+ temps, mostly sunny until after noon.

At least you didn't tornado warnings today - we did.

They haven't even been in the ball park around here for the last 4 days. I'm just going to look at the radar in the morning and forget about their forecasts.:confused:

patriot45
04-22-2010, 11:06 PM
They haven't even been in the ball park around here for the last 4 days. I'm just going to look at the radar in the morning and forget about their forecasts.:confused:

Rock, Do what I do. Look out the window.

Rockntractor
04-22-2010, 11:09 PM
I don't know about tomorrow but if we don't spend billions fast, the atlantic ocean will be lapping at your doors in 2 years!! Start planning now!
Doesn't that just gripe your ass, they can't tell you accurately whether it will rain the next day. But they are so sure the Earth will warm three degrees in the next hundred years that they are willing to destroy our economy because of it!

Rockntractor
04-22-2010, 11:14 PM
If it doesn't rain I need 700,000 pounds of fill delivered at 10:00 tomorrow morning. I probably won't be able to get it all if I call tomorrow after looking at the clouds. Their forecasts don't mean shit!

Articulate_Ape
04-22-2010, 11:22 PM
If it doesn't rain I need 700,000 pounds of fill delivered at 10:00 tomorrow morning. I probably won't be able to get it all if I call tomorrow after looking at the clouds. Their forecasts don't mean shit!

Fill?

Rockntractor
04-22-2010, 11:25 PM
Fill?
Sandy loam to revegatate a damaged hillside after cutting a road through and exposing rock and subsoil.

Articulate_Ape
04-22-2010, 11:27 PM
Sandy loam to revegatate a damaged hillside after cutting a road through and exposing rock and subsoil.

Ah, where I come from such material is measured by the cubic yard. You go by weight?

malloc
04-22-2010, 11:27 PM

I would have guessed cheese.

Rockntractor
04-22-2010, 11:28 PM
Sarah the 200 pound brown mutt has her head under the end table and won't come out. it will storm soon, she is hiding!

Articulate_Ape
04-22-2010, 11:42 PM
Sarah the 200 pound brown mutt has her head under the end table and won't come out. it will storm soon, she is hiding!

Again, do y'all buy loam, etc. by the pound or by the cubic yard? I'm interested.

Rockntractor
04-22-2010, 11:49 PM
Again, do y'all buy loam, etc. by the pound or by the cubic yard? I'm interested.

Dump truck load = 35,000 pound per load at the mileage where I'm getting it delivered 180.00 per load.

Articulate_Ape
04-22-2010, 11:55 PM
Dump truck load = 35,000 pound per load at the mileage where I'm getting it delivered 180.00 per load.

Is that typical where you are? The reason I'm asking is that loam, compost, mulch, etc. can have vastly differing weight per cubic yard depending on moisture content. That's why in my area, and most places I know of, such material is sold based on volume rather than weight.

Rockntractor
04-23-2010, 12:02 AM
Is that typical where you are? The reason I'm asking is that loam, compost, mulch, etc. can have vastly differing weight per cubic yard depending on moisture content. That's why in my area, and most places I know of, such material is sold based on volume rather than weight.

Sandy loam drains well and won't hold much water. Normally you are planning on 8 cubic yards per load but it can't exceed the 35,000 pound DOT required weight limit for a three axle ten Wheel truck. Normally to stay in good with the customer they load right to the legal weight limit giving you up to a yard of bonus material.

djones520
04-23-2010, 12:03 AM
No clue Rock. I've had the last 4 days off of work. After the night I just had, I've got no inclination at all to do any forecasting...

Rockntractor
04-23-2010, 12:09 AM
No clue Rock. I've had the last 4 days off of work. After the night I just had, I've got no inclination at all to do any forecasting...

What happened, is everything okay?

Articulate_Ape
04-23-2010, 12:31 AM
Sandy loam drains well and won't hold much water. Normally you are planning on 8 cubic yards per load but it can't exceed the 35,000 pound DOT required weight limit for a three axle ten Wheel truck. Normally to stay in good with the customer they load right to the legal weight limit giving you up to a yard of bonus material.

Ah, gotcha. It is a DOT capacity thing for their trucks. Makes sense now.

Rockntractor
04-23-2010, 12:42 AM
Sarah the weather dog was right. It's raining now.

Sonnabend
04-23-2010, 04:33 AM
Wilbur will be along to tell us that "weather" and "climate" are not the same...yet what he forgets deliberately to tell you, is that one creates the other.

Like here in Sydney, we have a tropical climate so we never get snowy weather. In the mountains they have a colder climate, so they get snow.

Climate = weather

What Jones the liar wont admit is that there is no way in hell he can prove his "models" without some major help from H.G.Wells.

Oh, and Wilbur, if you do buy into this, before you say one word I want to know what your degrees in climate science are, and where you got them.

Otherwise you can prove jack and shit.

djones520
04-23-2010, 06:53 AM
Wilbur will be along to tell us that "weather" and "climate" are not the same...yet what he forgets deliberately to tell you, is that one creates the other.

Like here in Sydney, we have a tropical climate so we never get snowy weather. In the mountains they have a colder climate, so they get snow.

Climate = weather

What Jones the liar wont admit is that there is no way in hell he can prove his "models" without some major help from H.G.Wells.

Oh, and Wilbur, if you do buy into this, before you say one word I want to know what your degrees in climate science are, and where you got them.

Otherwise you can prove jack and shit.

Rock was talking to me Sonna, not that climate guy.

Kay
04-23-2010, 08:50 AM
I wish y'all could have seen it here last night. Spectacular huge big thunderheads moved in about an hour before sunset. Then just at dusk a spectacular lightening show. I was out in all this unloading crap out of a moving truck into a storage building. We finished and about 10:00 and were at a truck stop filling up the truck and weighing it, when the storms hit. Luckily my vehicle was up under the gas pump awnings. It hailed big quarter sized pieces and the winds were so strong they were coming down almost at a 90 degree angle. It blew threw pretty fast though. This morning I heard there were 3 tornadoes in the panhandle just north of us (Odessa/Midland, Tx).

Rockntractor
04-23-2010, 09:36 AM
I wish y'all could have seen it here last night. Spectacular huge big thunderheads moved in about an hour before sunset. Then just at dusk a spectacular lightening show. I was out in all this unloading crap out of a moving truck into a storage building. We finished and about 10:00 and were at a truck stop filling up the truck and weighing it, when the storms hit. Luckily my vehicle was up under the gas pump awnings. It hailed big quarter sized pieces and the winds were so strong they were coming down almost at a 90 degree angle. It blew threw pretty fast though. This morning I heard there were 3 tornadoes in the panhandle just north of us (Odessa/Midland, Tx).

Your storm had lost it's punch by the time we got it, all we got out of it was rain. They say we have a 50% chance of t-storms all day but Sarah came out from under the end table so it's not imminent.

djones520
04-23-2010, 09:37 AM
What happened, is everything okay?

Just family issues. Some pretty bad growing pains for the little one.

Rockntractor
04-23-2010, 09:40 AM
Just family issues. Some pretty bad growing pains for the little one.

I hope the Poor kid gets to feeling better!

Rockntractor
04-26-2010, 03:39 PM
It is raining, there is a zero chance of rain in the forecast but it's friggen raining! Not a word about it on local radio news and weather but I am wet!:eek::mad: