PDA

View Full Version : WWF Global warming commercial: Ape returns to earth

Sonnabend
04-23-2010, 05:16 AM
Take a look at this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E9nrcY5IIE

I must be missing something....watched it several times and cant see where they stored the food, fuel, water, air and other resources to keep it alive for 65 years?

Anyone?

Smell test = FAIL.

NJCardFan
04-23-2010, 11:44 AM
Take a look at this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E9nrcY5IIE

I must be missing something....watched it several times and cant see where they stored the food, fuel, water, air and other resources to keep it alive for 65 years?

Anyone?

Smell test = FAIL.

Boy, there are so many things wrong with this that I don't know where to begin. For starters, you're correct. Not only is that capsule not big enough to hold all of the essentials you speak of, the chimp certainly wouldn't be able to fit into the suit he put on 65 years ago. I guess the World Wildlife Fund are unaware that chimpanzees grow like humans do. That and the compartment that hold the chutes would be a solid block of ice and would never have deployed. I can't believe Vince McMahon lost out to these moonbats.

Zathras
04-23-2010, 01:36 PM
Something else that stands out to me.....wouldn't being strapped into a Mercury capsule for 65 years take one hell of a toll on your muscles? It doesn't look like there's room in there for an exercise bike. I don't see how Mr. Space Chimp would be doing any walking around on Earth when he returned.

Articulate_Ape
04-23-2010, 01:46 PM
That ad had to be thought up by the same folks that put the braille dots on the drive-up ATM.

AmPat
04-23-2010, 01:46 PM
65 years of poop inside that space suit. Wow, I bet it stinks in there.

Gingersnap
04-23-2010, 02:12 PM
At least there's nobody left for the chimp to blind, castrate, and mangle.

fettpett
04-23-2010, 11:14 PM
do chimps even live to be over 70? and those capsules were desgined to land in water, it landed on land, even with parachutes he'd been flated like a pancake.

Rockntractor
04-23-2010, 11:25 PM
That ad had to be thought up by the same folks that put the braille dots on the drive-up ATM.
I'm waiting for speed limit signs with braille on the bottom.

Sonnabend
04-23-2010, 11:37 PM
do chimps even live to be over 70?

No.

The ad doesnt also explain how a capsule with no propulsion left Earth gravity.

NJCardFan
04-24-2010, 01:16 AM
No.

The ad doesnt also explain how a capsule with no propulsion left Earth gravity.

Saturn rocket. That's how they did things back then.

Sonnabend
04-24-2010, 01:18 AM
Saturn rocket. That's how they did things back then.

I know. So how did it break orbit? :D

(answer is pretty obvious hehehe)

NJCardFan
04-24-2010, 01:29 AM
I know. So how did it break orbit? :D

(answer is pretty obvious hehehe)

Oh, yeah, good point.

fettpett
04-24-2010, 09:42 AM
haha, yeah, the Gravity of Earth would have :gasp: brought the capsule back within a few months........... duh!!!

PoliCon
04-24-2010, 10:20 AM
WWF = Retarded.

M21
04-24-2010, 10:27 AM
Good music video.

Sonnabend
04-24-2010, 10:31 AM
Good music video.

About all it's good for :rolleyes:

M21
04-24-2010, 10:38 AM
About all it's good for :rolleyes:

Do you ever wake up with that "not so fresh feeling"?

fettpett
04-24-2010, 10:38 AM
eh, thought it was repeative and boreing

Gingersnap
04-24-2010, 11:02 AM
Guys, this is a commercial to promote an idealogical concept - it's not a condensed history of the engineering of space flight.

You can't really use oatmeal containers as jet-packs. Lizards don't actually sell insurance. Cows don't talk and if they did, they wouldn't give a damn about moving to California.

It's just an ad for the WWF. :D

M21
04-24-2010, 11:05 AM
Guys, this is a commercial to promote an idealogical concept - it's not a condensed history of the engineering of space flight.

You can't really use oatmeal containers as jet-packs. Lizards don't actually sell insurance. Cows don't talk and if they did, they wouldn't give a damn about moving to California.

I'm shocked :eek:

Rockntractor
04-24-2010, 11:17 AM

You watch the geckos mouth on the next commercial. If he isn't talking he is doing a dam fine job of lip syncing:mad:

FlaGator
04-24-2010, 11:31 AM

And all this time... :mad:

Cavemen do bowl and ride motorcycles don't they? I know I seen a few at the flea market driving 1978 AMC Hornets.

fettpett
04-24-2010, 01:19 PM
And all this time... :mad:

Cavemen do bowl and ride motorcycles don't they? I know I seen a few at the flea market driving 1978 AMC Hornets.

yeah, that who all those big hair dudes are

Articulate_Ape
04-24-2010, 02:15 PM
Presumably, the capsule would have splashed down in the ocean. How did the chimp get to shore? Also, why invest in all the instruments and readouts in the thing since chimps are not avid readers. That ad gives us apes a reputation for intelligent thought that I, for one, find demeaning.

Big Guy
04-24-2010, 04:51 PM
Presumably, the capsule would have splashed down in the ocean. How did the chimp get to shore? Also, why invest in all the instruments and readouts in the thing since chimps are not avid readers. That ad gives us apes a reputation for intelligent thought that I, for one, find demeaning.

Duhh, the Oceans are going to completely evaporate due to global warming. Gosh, doesn't anyone ever listen to Wilbur? :D

Gingersnap
04-24-2010, 07:00 PM
Duhh, the Oceans are going to completely evaporate due to global warming. Gosh, doesn't anyone ever listen to Wilbur? :D

No, the oceans will rise 20 meters, Weren't paying attention to Gore's PowerPoint presentation? :confused:

Articulate_Ape
04-24-2010, 07:08 PM
No, the oceans will rise 20 meters, Weren't paying attention to Gore's PowerPoint presentation? :confused:

Heh. You have to forgive Big Guy, he obviously doesn't know anything about solid climate science; the fool.

Big Guy
04-24-2010, 07:16 PM

I try not to pay too much attention to Gore, But if you say it is so, then it is so. :D