PDA

View Full Version : a leap of faith

namvet
04-23-2010, 02:23 PM
The video of Fordham’s baseball player Brian Kownacki who soared through the air over Iona’s catcher James Beck to score at home plate has been video gone viral! The leap was amazing to say the least – a play you don’t even see in MLB. Kownacki literally leaped up and over the catcher without a tag, landing his hands onto home plate.

jdb3iRpGN0s

Rebel Yell
04-23-2010, 03:15 PM
I saw Wesley Snipes do that years ago.:rolleyes:

Bubba Dawg
04-23-2010, 07:55 PM
Nice. I've never seen that. Cool.

malloc
04-23-2010, 07:57 PM
Very good base running skills. The catcher was completely prepared for a bowl over or hook around slide.

NJCardFan
04-24-2010, 01:42 AM
Reminds me of this play(that I got to see live):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hIjdF8geZ0&feature=related

fettpett
04-24-2010, 10:20 AM
thats awesome too, too bad the orginal AFL went bellie up. Hope the new one stays around for a long time. the more Football the better :D

NJCardFan
04-24-2010, 11:52 AM
thats awesome too, too bad the orginal AFL went bellie up. Hope the new one stays around for a long time. the more Football the better :D

I worked really close to the league for a website called Sportsphan. I was a "fan reporter" who covered the Soul and in the 4 years I covered the league and team, I saw the end coming a mile away. They were trying too hard to be mainstream and Baker really killed the league. Then the fat bastard takes all of the attention away from the 2 teams preparing for Arena Bowl in '08 and puts it all on himself by announcing his resignation.