PDA

View Full Version : Humans can be some disgusting bastards.

djones520
04-24-2010, 09:08 AM
A heroic homeless man, stabbed after saving a Queens woman from a knife-wielding attacker, lay dying in a pool of blood for more than an hour as nearly 25 people indifferently strolled past him, a shocking surveillance video obtained by the New York Post reveals.

Some of the passers-by paused to stare at Hugo Alfredo Tale-Yax last Sunday morning and others leaned down to look at his face.

He had jumped to the aid of a woman attacked on 144th Street at 88th Road in Jamaica, Queens, at 5:40 a.m., was stabbed several times in the chest and collapsed as he chased his assailant.

In the wake of the bloodshed, a man came out of a nearby building and chillingly took a cellphone photo of the victim before leaving. And in several instances, pairs of people gawked at Tale-Yax without doing anything.

Later, another man stopped, leaned over and vigorously shook Tale-Yax’s body. After lifting the victim’s head and body to reveal a pool of blood, he also walked off.

Not until some 15 minutes after he was shaken by the pedestrian -- more than an hour and 20 minutes after the victim collapsed -- did firefighters finally arrive and discover that Tale-Yax, 31, had died.

Firefighters were responding to a 911 call of a non-life-threatening injury at 7:23 a.m. when they found his body.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/04/24/homeless-hero-ignored-dying-nyc-street/?test=latestnews

WTF is wrong with people?

fettpett
04-24-2010, 09:18 AM
dear God, that is disturbing. Does New York have the Good Samaritan law?

I can't believe people would do that. Now granted their may not have been a lot that anyone can do for him, but that doesn't mean they couldn't call 911 or stayed with him.

PoliCon
04-24-2010, 09:33 AM
People are surprised that a city dominated by liberals would be full of selfish people who won't look past the end of their own noses??

fettpett
04-24-2010, 09:37 AM
People are surprised that a city dominated by liberals would be full of selfish people who won't look past the end of their own noses??

surprised? no. disgusted FUCK YEAH. all these self-righteous hypocritical bastards that walked by him should get their butts tossed into the clink for 12-24 hours for not doing shit for the guy.

PoliCon
04-24-2010, 09:44 AM
surprised? no. disgusted FUCK YEAH. all these self-righteous hypocritical bastards that walked by him should get their butts tossed into the clink for 12-24 hours for not doing shit for the guy.

You expecting them to react with conservative (ie - HUMAN) morals and convictions? We're talking about people who feel justified in outlawing things that people eat because in their view - in the progressive view - those things are not good for them. I understand you're feelings. IMO - the person most culpable is the woman he saved who then left him to die in her place.

MrsSmith
04-24-2010, 09:58 AM
In watching the video, it does not seem that the blood was visible until the last guy actually picked him up some. I sincerely hope that everyone else just assumed he was "sleeping it off." I think we can all understand why people would hesitate to disturb someone that may have just passed out...

The woman that was attacked, though...she HAD to have known. For her to run away without calling help for him, that should be punishable.

fettpett
04-24-2010, 09:59 AM
no, I expect them to act like the guy was a person in need.

but yeah, she's the most culpable and should have called the cops regardless and should be charged with assortory to murder

MrsSmith
04-24-2010, 10:03 AM
no, I expect them to act like the guy was a person in need.

but yeah, she's the most culpable and should have called the cops regardless and should be charged with assortory to murder

How many people...especially in large cities with multiple homeless...call someone every time they see a homeless person "asleep" somewhere?

fettpett
04-24-2010, 10:12 AM
after watching the vid i can see why people wouldn't see the blood if they were walking toward his back, but the way he was laying anyone that saw him from the front would have seen the blood. the three guys that were standing around taking pictures and/or shaking him have just as much to answer for as the woman

PoliCon
04-24-2010, 10:22 AM
How many people...especially in large cities with multiple homeless...call someone every time they see a homeless person "asleep" somewhere?

It's their RIGHT to be homeless. Ask any bleeding heart leftist. :rolleyes:

Sonnabend
04-24-2010, 10:29 AM

They walked past for the very same reason that a woman here was attacked, and no one stepped in.

Why?

Because THEY would be suspect number one, that's why. More and more we are seeing cops, and I mean in the USA as well as elsewhere with the mentality "I cant find the real suspect so he'll do".

It gets worse, people...here we have had cases of assaults in progress and in broad daylight and no one intervenes. Why? They have been disarmed, we have no guns for self protection, the crims have all the weapons they need and get this....crims here have SUED their victims and WON.

If I see an assault and step in to help...wanna know what happens to me? I get ARRESTED and charged.

The grieving parents of a teenager fatally stabbed on a Sydney train have urged young people not to carry knives, after seeing their son's killer jailed for at least three years.
As tears rolled down his face, Eti Motuliki also addressed his son. "If you can hear us, we love you, son, and we always love you forever and forever," he said.

His son Andrew, 17, was stabbed by a 16-year-old youth during a confrontation between two groups on a train stopped at Campsie railway station in the early evening of December 21, 2008. In the NSW Supreme Court today, Justice Peter Hidden sentenced the killer, now aged 17 and who cannot be named, to at least three years in a juvenile detention centre.

Three years for murder.

He pleaded guilty to Andrew's manslaughter on the basis of having used "excessive self-defence". The judge said the offender was one of a group chased through the train by another group that included Andrew. The slightly built youth pulled out a knife as Andrew rushed at him, stabbing him when the larger teenager began to throw a punch.

Outside court, Ane Motuliki said she missed her son and urged young people not to carry knives in public, saying the weapons can easily hurt or kill. Mr Motuliki said there were other ways to sort out differences. "A lot of children, they are dying because of stabbings," he said.

NY and Aust have the same insane gun laws...now they're talking knife control. i shit you not.

"It has been all over the news, last year, this year. It is hard on us, victims of this crime, it is not easy." He said they could lock up his son's killer and throw away the key, but "it won't change anything. My son Andrew is gone". Earlier, Justice Hidden said the case was yet another example of the "futility and very real danger" of young men carrying knives.

Anyone here caught with a weapon for self defence is arrested and charged with "possession of an offensive weapon"...that the weapons are for self defence against well armed thugs and rapists doesn't seem to actually register.

The offender had no criminal history, was genuinely remorseful and the violence used appeared to be "entirely uncharacteristic", the judge said. The youth told police he carried the knife "for protection" because he got "rolled all the time". A month before the stabbing, he had been assaulted and robbed on a train.

...and there was no security. There never is. They're too busy collecting tickets and fining people for fare evasion on platforms

Justice Hidden said Andrew had clearly initiated the violence, and the offender and his group had been scared and sought to avoid conflict. When Andrew rushed towards him aggressively, the youth was undoubtedly "very much in fear, particularly in the light of his relatively recent experience of aggression on a train".

But the judge said Andrew in no way had deserved the "terrible fate which befell him - far from it". Concluding the youth had good prospects of rehabilitation, the judge set a maximum term of six years.

Kitty Genovese must be rolling in her grave....:(

fettpett
04-24-2010, 10:47 AM
what really gets me is a lot of people will call the cops if there is somone spanking their kid. yet no one will call if a murder is going on....

Constitutionally Speaking
04-24-2010, 11:04 AM
The person MOST culpable is the assailant. Then the woman, then the people who ignored his need and finally the liberal society that coddled the criminals that in a decent society would have been locked up. (don't try and convince me this was the assailants first crime).

fettpett
04-24-2010, 01:20 PM
The person MOST culpable is the assailant. Then the woman, then the people who ignored his need and finally the liberal society that coddled the criminals that in a decent society would have been locked up. (don't try and convince me this was the assailants first crime).

fully agree...I believe everyone here puts the blame squarely on the assailant first.

Articulate_Ape
04-24-2010, 01:44 PM
Have any of y'all been to or lived in New York city? Mrs. Smith is spot on with this one. It is tragic, but not unusual in a big city. As for New Yorkers, liberal or not, caring about others? The city has a population larger than some states, so to judge a city based on one such incident is silly. If you want to know what New Yorkers are made of, you need look no further than September 11, 2001.

Wei Wu Wei
04-24-2010, 08:06 PM
You know this has less to do with a city you don't like or anyone's political persuasions. This is a very well known and documented effect: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect

The more people that are around, the less likely any particular individual will stop and help because everyone assumes that "someone else will".

There are many cases of homeless people dying on the street with no one helping, many people in large cities simply just ignore homeless people.

There was some show on NBC or CBS looking at how bystanders choose to or not to intervene when something wrong is happening, and they tested a "homeless" man falling collapsing and not moving on a busy sidewalk and the same thing happened.

MrsSmith
04-24-2010, 09:31 PM
This incident is one of the clearest arguments against the kind of life most greenies and libs want to force the rest of us to live. Forcing everyone to cram together in cities in order to eliminate "suburban sprawl" will only increase horrors like this. The more rural a person is, the less likely that person is to ignore someone in distress. Have a car break down in NY, chances are anyone that actually stops will do so to rob you. Have one break down on the average busy highway, and you'd better have a cell phone...most people won't even change lanes to give you room. Have your car break down on a gravel road, the next person by will almost certainly stop...and help. Every greenie victory that shuts down a housing development is an example of making the choice to care more about trees or bugs than about people like this man.

Big Guy
04-24-2010, 10:18 PM
Have any of y'all been to or lived in New York city? Mrs. Smith is spot on with this one. It is tragic, but not unusual in a big city. As for New Yorkers, liberal or not, caring about others? The city has a population larger than some states, so to judge a city based on one such incident is silly. If you want to know what New Yorkers are made of, you need look no further than September 11, 2001.

I have to agree here.

M21
04-24-2010, 10:31 PM
T Every greenie victory that shuts down a housing development is an example of making the choice to care more about trees or bugs than about people like this man.Yes we should immediately develop every piece of privately owned land in America so we will stop being violent people. :rolleyes:

Big Guy
04-24-2010, 10:47 PM
Yes we should immediately develop every piece of privately owned land in America so we will stop being violent people. :rolleyes:

You took one GIANT leap there. I don't think you got the message Mrs. Smith was attempting to convey. What I got out of her post was that it is safer to be in lesser congested areas. The Libs fight against people moving out of the congested (less safe) areas.

PoliCon
04-25-2010, 02:04 AM
The person MOST culpable is the assailant. Then the woman, then the people who ignored his need and finally the liberal society that coddled the criminals that in a decent society would have been locked up. (don't try and convince me this was the assailants first crime).True. Clearly a repeat offender.

PoliCon
04-25-2010, 02:05 AM

Ya know - pulling together and such when you know that your own ass is on the line too is not the same as being a good person. Sorry. But even the most depraved people will pull together when the whole group is being attacked.

Sonnabend
04-25-2010, 03:08 AM
. What I got out of her post was that it is safer to be in lesser congested areas.

Can't say as that'd be true..a lot of the less condensed zones also have lower employment (less industry developement) so a lot of people move out and those that can't...well let's just say they aren't happy campers.

Some rural zones actually have higher crime rates.

People make no sense sometimes. :confused:

FlaGator
04-25-2010, 06:42 AM
The whole thing makes me thing of the Good Samaritan parable from the Bible. Perhaps in New York City no one is really anyone elses neighbor.

M21
04-25-2010, 08:37 AM
You took one GIANT leap there. .In my experience I don't find this statement to be true.

The more rural a person is, the less likely that person is to ignore someone in distress.

MrsSmith
04-25-2010, 09:46 AM
In my experience I don't find this statement to be true.

In my experience, I do. 100%. In the closest "town" to where I grew up...a village of about 100 people...the odds of someone laying on a sidewalk and being ignored are absolutely zero. Even the "town drunk" will have someone pick him up and help him home. The fewer "others" are around, the more we take responsibility for our neighbors. The more "others" are around, the more we expect "them" to do it. This is the exact difference between big-city liberals and country conservatives...(and voting lines do largely tend to fall this way). This is why conservatives give more to everything from the church to secular charities...from money, to blood, to labor. It is the heart of the issue...and one reason why the liberal dream of getting everyone off the "all-important land" and into crowded cities is exactly wrong. Suburban sprawl is not the right answer...small towns would be better...but it's still better than forcing everyone into a city.

wilbur
04-25-2010, 10:36 AM
Since when has extreme urbanization been goal of the left wing and environmentalists?! :confused: Seriously, where do you guys come up with this stuff?

Rural areas get destroyed by good ol' economic prosperity, especially when combined with some good ol' conservative de-regulation and corporate fetishism.

What, housing developments just spring up out of nowhere, to bring a plethora of community minded good Samaritans to your neck of the woods, and that's that? Really?

This is what actually happens: Housing development built in nice rural area. Then some developer says, hey... "Those new people are going to need a strip mall". And he builds one. Oh wait, now all those two lane country roads can't handle the new influx of people, so the city has to to expand them all to four. Well gee, now with all this traffic throughput, this place could handle another housing development! Now they'll need a strip mall, too! Well, crap, traffic is bad again. Beef up the roads once more! But wait! Now we can fit even MORE developments here! Get a Walmart and Costco in this town, stat! And then say "good bye" to rural business.

Liberal/environmentalist conspiracy at work? Suuuure...

NJCardFan
04-25-2010, 02:17 PM
Yes we should immediately develop every piece of privately owned land in America so we will stop being violent people. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's exactly what's being said here asshole.

MrsSmith
04-25-2010, 03:39 PM
Since when has extreme urbanization been goal of the left wing and environmentalists?! :confused: Seriously, where do you guys come up with this stuff?

Rural areas get destroyed by good ol' economic prosperity, especially when combined with some good ol' conservative de-regulation and corporate fetishism.

What, housing developments just spring up out of nowhere, to bring a plethora of community minded good Samaritans to your neck of the woods, and that's that? Really?

This is what actually happens: Housing development built in nice rural area. Then some developer says, hey... "Those new people are going to need a strip mall". And he builds one. Oh wait, now all those two lane country roads can't handle the new influx of people, so the city has to to expand them all to four. Well gee, now with all this traffic throughput, this place could handle another housing development! Now they'll need a strip mall, too! Well, crap, traffic is bad again. Beef up the roads once more! But wait! Now we can fit even MORE developments here! Get a Walmart and Costco in this town, stat! And then say "good bye" to rural business.

Liberal/environmentalist conspiracy at work? Suuuure...Oh, yeah! I forgot!! Greenies are Right-Wing-Nuts. It's the conservatives that chain themselves to trees in order to stop bulldozers. It's those reich-wing fundies that push laws that value bugs and mice over the humans that purchase property for horrible purposes...like building a home or planting crops. ELF is totally conservative. Totally.

I know you feel you must disagree with everything I say, but try to keep some actual thought in your replies, ok? :rolleyes:

wilbur
04-25-2010, 04:31 PM
Oh, yeah! I forgot!! Greenies are Right-Wing-Nuts. It's the conservatives that chain themselves to trees in order to stop bulldozers. It's those reich-wing fundies that push laws that value bugs and mice over the humans that purchase property for horrible purposes...like building a home or planting crops. ELF is totally conservative. Totally.

I know you feel you must disagree with everything I say, but try to keep some actual thought in your replies, ok? :rolleyes:

So do you want things to urbanize or not? The bigger the city, so you say, the more immoral it is (ie people likely to watch a man die on the streets). So you say urbanization is bad. Then you say liberals want to urbanize everyone, so they're bad.

To accomplish this, you say the liberals attempt impede urbanization in rural areas. So to sum up your points, the liberals apparently want to urbanize everyone by preventing urbanization.

Some synapses are misfiring in there (to say the least)....

Wei Wu Wei
04-25-2010, 04:35 PM
So do you want things to urbanize or not? The bigger the city, so you say, the more immoral it is (ie people likely to watch a man die on the streets). So you say urbanization is bad. Then you say liberals want to urbanize everyone, so they're bad.

To accomplish this, you say the liberals attempt impede urbanization in rural areas. So to sum up your points, the liberals apparently want to urbanize everyone by preventing urbanization.

Some synapses are misfiring in there (to say the least)....

MrsSmith: http://gifnation.com/albums/funny/robocop.gif

wilbur
04-25-2010, 04:37 PM
Lol!

M21
04-25-2010, 11:31 PM
This is why conservatives give more to everything from the church to secular charities...from money, to blood, to labor. It is the heart of the issue...and one reason why the liberal dream of getting everyone off the "all-important land" and into crowded cities is exactly wrong. Suburban sprawl is not the right answer...small towns would be better...but it's still better than forcing everyone into a city.What planet do you live on where you are forced to live in cities?

noonwitch
04-26-2010, 09:07 AM
In about 1998, before I had a cell phone, I saw a guy on the side of the road who had been hit by a car, a couple of blocks from my house in Detroit (the guy was in Highland Park, on John R, just south of McNichols).

I got out of my car, but I didn't have a cell phone at the time. Several other people also pulled over and one of them called the police. We kept the guy from moving (he was drunk, dirty and probably homeless), because his leg looked broken. He was really agitated, too, because he had been riding a child's bike when he got hit, and he had probably just stolen it off of someone's porch. A lot the people were in a hurry and once I told them I'd wait until EMS arrived, all of them except one guy stayed-but they stopped to begin with.

Decent people are everywhere, and so are scumbags. There's a good, early Springsteen song called "Lost In The Flood" that pretty much describes the indifference to suffering and violence that prevails so often.

djones520
04-26-2010, 09:25 AM
In about 1998, before I had a cell phone, I saw a guy on the side of the road who had been hit by a car, a couple of blocks from my house in Detroit (the guy was in Highland Park, on John R, just south of McNichols).

I got out of my car, but I didn't have a cell phone at the time. Several other people also pulled over and one of them called the police. We kept the guy from moving (he was drunk, dirty and probably homeless), because his leg looked broken. He was really agitated, too, because he had been riding a child's bike when he got hit, and he had probably just stolen it off of someone's porch. A lot the people were in a hurry and once I told them I'd wait until EMS arrived, all of them except one guy stayed-but they stopped to begin with.

Decent people are everywhere, and so are scumbags. There's a good, early Springsteen song called "Lost In The Flood" that pretty much describes the indifference to suffering and violence that prevails so often.

I've witnessed one accident in my life. 1 am coming home from work and two cars collided head on. One guy had dozed off, crossed the lane and bam. It was in a city area, and speed limit was 40mph so it wasn't has horrible as it could have been. The nodder's car coasted off across lanes again and ended it's trip on the side walk while the guy who was hit just stayed in the street. I stopped, and went to check on the people. Both were ok, no evident injuries. The guy who fell asleep even managed to joke about how he had just bought the car that morning.

I didn't stick around and wait for the cops to arrive. I was only 17 at the time and kind of working illegal hours, so didn't really want to be answering to many questions to the police. But I did make sure no one needed immediate medical attention and was sure the authorities had been notified before I left.

noonwitch
04-26-2010, 01:16 PM
The whole thing makes me thing of the Good Samaritan parable from the Bible. Perhaps in New York City no one is really anyone elses neighbor.

That's a good point. I think a lot of people in NYC are proud of that, to some degree.